Awoo.

Sonic lands #1 on GT's "Top 10 WORST Blockbusters"

Autosaver

I really don't know what you're talking about. The 3-D Mario games have done very well. The only 3-D Mario game that people wern't happy with was Super Mario Sunshine.

I love Super Mario Sunshine, it's one of my favorite Mario games. I don't understand why that many people don't like it but I don't really care actually.

• Thumbs Up 9

I'm pretty sure that Mario has more ups than downs then Sonic has when he went 3D.

I don't want to go off topic and turn it into a Mario vs Sonic discussion so I'll drop it now.

Have you ever heard of games like Hotel Mario and Mario is Missing? Even Mario has his own bad games even though they weren't made by Nintendo.

Because he's the exact same as Sonic. A long-running series that started as a 2D platformer and propelled his creators to superstardom, then struggled with the polygon ceiling before finally settling into his niche.

Explain to me where Mario had a fall again?

Have you ever heard of games like Hotel Mario and Mario is Missing? Even Mario has his own bad games even though they weren't made by Nintendo.

I know about those games, I'm talking about when he went 3D. Even Sunshine which people seem to not like for some reason is still good.

I've said I'm willing to drop this but yet you guys won't let it go....

Edited by sonfan1984

Because he's the exact same as Sonic. A long-running series that started as a 2D platformer and propelled his creators to superstardom, then struggled with the polygon ceiling before finally settling into his niche.

The only difference is that Mario hasn't been in a game that tarnished his reputation the way Sonic '06 has with Sonic.

Oh sure take a game that hardly anyone know about because of its hardware's breif history (Hotel Mario) and a game that was solely made for educational purposes and one were Mario isn't playable at that ( Mario is Missing) to count as bad games.

GameTrailers are predictable as hell, they've been on the anti-Sonic side when everyone else was doing it, back when it was sort of true. I just don't understand why they thought Adventure 2 was considered one of the worst Sonic games. We shouldn't take them seriously at all, they're about as serious as an ignorant 13 year old that still Chuck Norris jokes are funny.

Edited by Rawpowered

In other news, GT makes #1 in the "Top Ten Worst List makers in gaming history" list.

That has to be a record for the most "likes" ever.

It's been over a week and GT's video still gets dredged up here.

Just let it go guys.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, it's not so much that we're hating on them for disliking Sonic, it's more on the reasons for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ya know, I was actually really enjoying this countdown (I generally find GT's countdowns to be very well edited and entertaining, IMO)...then I saw Sonic jump out of the G.U.N. Helicopter in SA2's iconic opening cutscene.

I completely understand the mention of Sonic 2006, Unleashed and the Mario and Sonic game but... just what the hell was wrong with Sonic Adventure 2? Sure, the Mech Shooting was YourMileageMayVary-ish and the Treasure Hunting stages sucked, but fans and reviewers still came to a general agreement that the game itself was legitimately good. Sonic Heroes was when the hate bandwagon actually started, so why not show footage of THAT?

The worst part is that they don't even say WHY SA2 is included, they just threw it in there for the hell of it.

Eh, whatever... Poor #1 Choice is poor and <Insert "How the hell is SA2 worse than ET and Atari Pacman?" Rant here>

...Well Sega, I guess we're going to have to try even harder with the NEXT Sonic game! Get your act together, and maybe, just MAYBE, you'll hit GOTY material... I highly doubt it, but you never know what can happen...tongue.png

It's been over a week and GT's video still gets dredged up here.

Just let it go guys.

Ya know, I was actually really enjoying this countdown (I generally find GT's countdowns to be very well edited and entertaining, IMO)...then I saw Sonic jump out of the G.U.N. Helicopter in SA2's iconic opening cutscene.

I completely understand the mention of Sonic 2006, Unleashed and the Mario and Sonic game but... just what the hell was wrong with Sonic Adventure 2? Sure, the Mech Shooting was YourMileageMayVary-ish and the Treasure Hunting stages sucked, but fans and reviewers still came to a general agreement that the game itself was legitimately good. Sonic Heroes was when the hate bandwagon actually started, so why not show footage of THAT?

The worst part is that they don't even say WHY SA2 is included, they just threw it in there for the hell of it.

Eh, whatever... Poor #1 Choice is poor and <Insert "How the hell is SA2 worse than ET and Atari Pacman?" Rant here>

...Well Sega, I guess we're going to have to try even harder with the NEXT Sonic game! Get your act together, and maybe, just MAYBE, you'll hit GOTY material... I highly doubt it, but you never know what can happen...tongue.png

SSMB. Hrmm...I wonder what that stands for?

Sonic Stadium Message Board. This is a forum. You know what you do in a forum? You discuss. If you don't want to discuss, well.......

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

Oh yeah, I remember when Heroes came out and it got good scores (hell, it holds a 72 on metacritic, a decent score) and wasnt lumped in with Shadow and 06 as the "bad years".

Good times man.

Edited by Groosenator032
  • Thumbs Up 2

I hate growing up...I remember when Sonic Adventure 2 was the shit, almost everyone loved it....getting 9.5 on IGN...lots off stuff.

It makes me wonder where our mentality would be as a fanbase if 2006 didn't happen.

Edited by Voy-Boy
  • Thumbs Up 1

The critics gave the original SA2 good reviews when it came out and SA2B is released only 8 months later and somehow recieve lower scores. Even back then the critics is complaining about the treasure hunting and shooting stages and how you spend more time playing as the friend characters then playing as Sonic. The game still sold well despite the mixed or poor reviews.

Also, I'm kinda worried about the reception the game is going to get now when SEGA ever ports SA2 to XBLA especially when reviewers is extremely intolerant of other playable characters and alternate gameplay styles.

Edited by sonfan1984

The same could be said about Unleashed or the M& games. Unleashed had some poor sections but i would rather play that then sit for a minute and just play ET. Same for the M&S games. They didn't explain why unleashed or M&s were thee either.

And what verte said. It was fun back then and got good scores but looking back can be a hell of a thing.

I'm pretty sure it was implied that the warehog ruined Unleashed, especially seeing as to how that was the ONLY footage of Unleashed that they actually had on there. "Accumulate the Negative" at it's finest. Regarding Mario and Sonic, I think many people have come to the conclusion that it should be a legitimate platformer, not some minigame fest that's lazily put together, but that's just my thoughts on why they put it on there, not necessarily EVERYBODY'S opinion on the game.

The critics gave the original SA2 good reviews when it came out and SA2B is released only 8 months later and somehow recieve lower scores. Even back then the critics is complaining about the treasure hunting and shooting stages and how you spend more time playing as the friend characters then playing as Sonic. The game still sold well despite the mixed or poor reviews.

That's just the thing though, they said Sonic Adventure 2, not Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. If they cited the re-release, I'd perfectly understand because of the lack of changes towards it's initial flaws, but they only cited the original Sonic Adventure 2, which was still considered a really good Sonic game upon it's release.

That's just the thing though, they said Sonic Adventure 2, not Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. If they cited the re-release, I'd perfectly understand because of the lack of changes towards it's initial flaws, but they only cited the original Sonic Adventure 2, which was still considered a really good Sonic game upon it's release.

Like they've said, the original might be good to them back then but it's not good to them now.

I'm pretty sure it was implied that the warehog ruined Unleashed, especially seeing as to how that was the ONLY footage of Unleashed that they actually had on there.

"Warehog" Lol. I love the warehog! The Werehog, however........

I'm pretty sure it was implied that the warehog ruined Unleashed, especially seeing as to how that was the ONLY footage of Unleashed that they actually had on there. "Accumulate the Negative" at it's finest. Regarding Mario and Sonic, I think many people have come to the conclusion that it should be a legitimate platformer, not some minigame fest that's lazily put together, but that's just my thoughts on why they put it on there, not necessarily EVERYBODY'S opinion on the game.

In my opinion, the Werehog was hated because of the fact that it was constantly compared to the Day Stages.

I mean, that's fair. They are in the same game. It got the same treatment the Adventure series had gotten in later years. the Genre Roulette was not done well, or was a bad idea overall, and the overall quality of the game suffered for it. The truth is while I love me some Werehog, his gameplay at times was unpolished, and at others it was fun. With how competent Sega have proved themselves to be (Well, Sonic Team with the Main games anyway.) I bet if they gave him the time of day once more, they could pull it off in a great way.

But let's not delve into hopeless dreams.

The Mario & Sonic Series is definitely not what we really want, for the not-so casual gamers, but lazily put together?

Hell, I've seen nothing but improvements for each Wii Release, the only problem with M&S 2012 was the lack of a story mode, or a Festival mode, but other than that...

Chock Full of events, with most of them being easy to learn, simple to play, and pure fun. The Dream Events are probably the best I've seen from the series, the characters, are as lively and bouncy as ever. And the game runs so smooth I swear it's 60 FPS. Not to mention the music, and especially the remixes, are great to listen to.

But I guess I'd have to know their differing opinions on this.

• Thumbs Up 2

Like they've said, the original might be good to them back then but it's not good to them now.

Yeah, just look how Sonic Adventure turned out with its re-releases. The original was well received too.

The critics will moan about playable friends and being forced to play as them. Pathetic aren't they?

To everyone wondering why SA2 is being included on that list: Retroactive lambasting is a hell of a practice. Remember when SA1 was good? Heroes? Sonic Rush? Modern gameplay? Yeah, me neither.

Also Shadow.

I still remember hearing of an article that said that Sonic 2 was the downfall of the series for introducing Tails or similar, back when he was a reskin of Sonic gameplay wise.