Awoo.

Thanks again^^! I think I get it^^. To think of it.. there are quite a lot of phrases like that not only in 06 but in other Sonic games as well. xD

I suppose "Watch out! you're gonna crash!" is one of them?

Edited by ArtFenix

Or, "That avalanche is coming down!" during Ice Cap in SA1.

Lines like that are just random and painfully obvious to see, so it comes off stupid.

He never said that. All he said was..

"WHAOH!"

• Thumbs Up 6

Thanks again^^! I think I get it^^. To think of it.. there are quite a lot of phrases like that not only in 06 but in other Sonic games as well. xD

I suppose "Watch out! you're gonna crash!" is one of them?

Yup. Another that fans always pick out for sounding silly. But yeah, '06 was chock full of them. I don't mind characters in talking stages, but '06 just did it all wrong.

Edited by HYDROCITEE

• 2 months later...

Well, I'd definitely love to get my hands on the E3 06 demo since I have the knowledge and tools to rip its resources. X_X

Wait, you know how to do that?

So guys, about the plot...

I am like, the only one who noticed that Blaze the Cat would fit spot on on Elise's role? with the whole princess-cursed-with-fire-and-emotional-issues-implied-love-interest thing?

like she were... uh... the princess of the game?

I've talked about the subject on Sega Forums, but I would like to see what you guys think here...

I've thought of that before myself, it would have made perfect sense for Blaze to have been the big love interest, rather than some random human. However I imagine they decided to create Elise when they decided to make the game feature a bunch of realistic humans.

I've thought of that before myself, it would have made perfect sense for Blaze to have been the big love interest, rather than some random human. However I imagine they decided to create Elise when they decided to make the game feature a bunch of realistic humans.

So, this is what I posted earlier in the Sega Forums:

I made a thread some time ago about the subject, more in-depth details about my research are there:

http://http://forums.sega.com/showth...=1#post7151061

to make a summary, within the span of 1 year, the development window of both Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) and Sonic Rush (2005) there were core similarities about not only Elise's and Blaze's Roles but also in the execution of the characters, the most striking similarities are:

Human Princess / Cat Princess

Cursed with a monster of fire / Cursed with control over fire

Not allowed to cry / Not allowed to show emotions

Both played some sort of a specific love interest role in their respective games

You got two characters, with the same concepts, in the same development window, the span of one year.

What could suggest we are talking about the same character here.

Also it's very easy to replace Elise with Blaze from Sonic Rush and make Sonic '06 story have FAR more sense, just look:

Blaze the Cat is the princess of Soleanna.

She is cursed with Iblis that gives her fire powers.

Because of her fire, people teased her and she lived her whole live alone, she repressed her emotions and would never cry, no matter what.

Because of always living alone, she didn't trust people and didn't want Sonic's help, Sonic later befriends her and shows her the importance of having friends. "Your smile is all I need"? now you know where that line came from.

Sonic, the only friend the princess ever had, is killed, what makes her cry and release Iblis.

"Power of Love" was what saved Sonic in Sonic '06, things are heavily implied between Sonic and Blaze in Sonic Rush (and later in other games), just do the math.

Not only that but similarities between the names of Soleanna, Solaris and the Sol Emeralds.

the Jeweled and the Scepter of darkness.

the Sol Emeralds appearing as the custom gems in Sonic '06.

Blaze having the same gameplay as Sonic in Sonic '06, (when her story in that game doesn't implies she is a sort of counterpart of his like is in Sonic Rush)

I believe her current characterization are actually glimpses of her original role as the princess of the game in Sonic '06, it just seems that they took Blaze the Cat and part of her story in Sonic '06 and brought to Sonic Rush.

She is a princess.

She has fire powers > ties in with Iblis

She wasn't allowed to show emotion > too not free Iblis

Komodin or the Y's Guy could help me here with the flame-shield. but Blaze, alongside Sonic, Knuckles and Rouge, were the only four characters in the game continuity that have had interactions and scenes that falls right into what us troopers like to call "rule of romantic", any trooper should be capable of pointing that (again, do the math.)

So yeah, everything makes me believe the writers weren't as stupid to write a romance between human and animal at FIRST, but everything makes me believe that it started with Blaze the Cat, and the story of Sonic Rush as we know it is today, and then came Elise and the mess of a plot that Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) became.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just how strongly implied is this "potential love" between Sonic and Blaze anyway? If she's a princess Blaze would be a really crappy one if she's living alone. And her subjects are assholes for teasing her. And stupid for teasing someone who has the power to manipulate fire. Why is this something to be made fun of and not put on a pedestal and honored? Our princess has fire powers holy shit she's amazing!

Edited by Dejablue

Do people still really believe '06 could have been a good game if finished properly? The game was a disaster from the moment it was conceived, no amount of extra development time would have made it anything but that.

• Thumbs Up 3

Do people still really believe '06 could have been a good game if finished properly? The game was a disaster from the moment it was conceived, no amount of extra development time would have made it anything but that.

I was playing it the other day and came to the conclusion that if it had been entirely finished, it probably could've been a decent game, just not really a very Sonic-ey one. I found that had Sonic's gameplay in particular been coded properly then it could've been fun, as I found that there is an element of strategy in what moves/gems to use in order to best defeat the different enemies.

But I digress, I'm talking properly finished here. An extra year of development pretty much, to iron out all the major bugs, programme decent moves, loading times and the time for them to realise how half the dialogue/story is fucked up and needs re-recording/writing deleting.

Edited by Wordy
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yus, even with all the bugs and glitches fixed it would still have the crappy, plothole ridden storyline with an uncomfortable romance between a human and a 5 foot tall hedgehog. =[

Also glad I'm not the only one who HATES Sonic's model in this game. He looks too tall and lanky, and his spines don't look like they can cut through anything! Kinda reminds me of Archie Sonic's look during the early 100 issues. >_>

Edited by Gabz Girl
  • Thumbs Up 2

I know the game was bad, but i think people just use that as away to hate on the whole thing, i had no problem with the story at all, all the parts tie in, if you watch all kinds of anime then the whole hedgehog/human thing shouldn't be such a big deal, i also liked the model, i'm not to keen on the SA2 model and he looks fairly tall in that game to, but everyone loves that game so you'd all beg to differ.

If the game was released in 2007 like it was meant to be and all these issues didn't exist i know peoples views on character design and story would differ to what they are now, again you'd disagree with that, call me stupid, what ever i don't care.

I've contributed my opinions, so thanks and peace off ppl :3

Edited by TaliTundie