Awoo.

This was concept art for the idea of introducing a new character in the game, called "Venice The Mink". It was a reference to how Soleanna is similar to the real-life city of Venice, Italy. This character eventually developed into as we know now, Silver The Hedgehog. Those eyes..... @_@

672px-SilverConcept4.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Giant Bomb claims that quality assurance testers said that the game was over-budget and so rushed for the deadline that bug testing was ignored for these two reasons.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Giant Bomb claims that quality assurance testers said that the game was over-budget and so rushed for the deadline that bug testing was ignored for these two reasons.

Edited by Dr. Felix

I also heard of a rumour that SEGA Of Japan fired the original game testers because the testers thought the game was bad. O_o

• Thumbs Up 1

THEY PREDICTED THEY FUTURE. ohmy.png

The thing that sucks is that it would play testers would say the same thing the last testers did. So, firing the first testers was pointless.

Behold, SSMB, the savior and true hero of the Sonic series, the greatest NPC and greatest Sonic character ever made...

HATSUN THE PIGEON.

• Thumbs Up 5

Behold, SSMB, the savior and true hero of the Sonic series, the greatest NPC and greatest Sonic character ever made...

HATSUN THE PIGEON.

Is this real?

Actually, I'm not sure if that SoJ thing is real. Has it been confirmed?

Actually, I'm not sure if that SoJ thing is real. Has it been confirmed?

No, I just heard a rumor about it. O_o I somewhat doubt its real, the game testers probably would have gone and said something.

I remember on TGHZ , there was a guy that claimed to be a tester for Sonic 06, and was going over a lot of bugs, but was trying to remain hopeful, until he finally just broke and said that SEGA wasn't listening to any of their feedback, and that (I think?) they got fired or something to cut costs. I remember him saying that Rouge's eyelashes used to fly all over the place in demo builds. He turned out to be legit I think, since a lot of those glitches he mentioned did show up in the final build. o: ...

• Thumbs Up 1

The main difference in these screenshots is that Kingdom Valley has blue and lightly cloudy skies, instead of the overcast skies that are in the final build. I would of particularly liked to see it better with blue skies, the overcast skies made the stage look too gray. The 1st screenshot showcases an unknown part of the level, one of the torches is weirdly unlit. In the third screenshot, there are no springs on those pillars, just ropes in the final version.

800px-Sonic2006-Kingdom_Valley-03.jpg

800px-Sonic2006-Kingdom_Valley-01.jpg

800px-Sonic2006-Kingdom_Valley-04.jpg

I remember on TGHZ , there was a guy that claimed to be a tester for Sonic 06, and was going over a lot of bugs, but was trying to remain hopeful, until he finally just broke and said that SEGA wasn't listening to any of their feedback, and that (I think?) they got fired or something to cut costs. I remember him saying that Rouge's eyelashes used to fly all over the place in demo builds. He turned out to be legit I think, since a lot of those glitches he mentioned did show up in the final build. o: ...

The build we have now doesn't deserve to be called "The final build", it's just some unfinished alpha build. :/ And to mention, I heard that the reason they released the alpha build for the retail release is because they new build they were working on wasn't stable enough, so they went back to a way older build, which was relatively more stable. So they released it. Edited by Dr. Felix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I heard that too. Also, it's the version of the game that they released to the public in the form of both physical and digital media, so I think it's only right to call it the "Final Build", especially since it's the last version of the game they seem to have worked on. (that and it's easier to say "final build" than "The one we got")

EDIT: Also yes, Kingdom Valley looked 30x better with the blue sky. I really hated the whole overcast thing in the final.

Edited by Aptiva

GOTTA GO FAST.

Yeah, I heard that too. Also, it's the version of the game that they released to the public in the form of both physical and digital media, so I think it's only right to call it the "Final Build", especially since it's the last version of the game they seem to have worked on. (that and it's easier to say "final build" than "The one we got")

EDIT: Also yes, Kingdom Valley looked 30x better with the blue sky. I really hated the whole overcast thing in the final.

I gotta agree with you there, AND YESSS. THE BLUE SKIES WOULD HAVE BEEN WAY BETTER.
  • Thumbs Up 1

They SAY the slowed it down to show the details and animations... I think it was just lagging/the best stable speed they could give it at the time. xD

Edited by Aptiva
  • Thumbs Up 1

They SAY the slowed it down to show the details and animations... I think it was just lagging/the best stable speed they could give it at the time. xD

Wanna know sumptin'? This game is just a mystery.

But even though its slowed down, it looks to me like Sonic still moves faster than he does in the final haha. Except for when he jumps.

It's a shame really because watching these demos the game looks far...better than it did in the final. It's too bad it had to turn out like crud.

That level design is still meh, but the graphics look better.

So, what else is there you want to share with us, Doctor?

My whole life story.

That level design is still meh, but the graphics look better.

This is the E3 demo, and the XBLA demo.

I played the XBLA demo. Not that great. And as for the real game, it kinda sucks for the controls and moveset, because for Sonic at least, the level design wasn't half bad from Wave Ocean to Flame Core. With the exception of bottomless pits though.

I played the XBLA demo. Not that great. And as for the real game, it kinda sucks for the controls and moveset, because for Sonic at least, the level design wasn't half bad from Wave Ocean to Flame Core. With the exception of bottomless pits though.

Kingdom Valley had some good level design too. Not to mention it has the easiest Mach Speed Zone. Also notice in the demo all rings are light-dashable, and the homing attack has a shorter delay, Sonic runs faster, and the gauge works. Edited by Dr. Felix

Section one at least, can't say the same for the others.