Awoo.

Are you talking about "The Wind"?

I dunno, just the first section. The one before the Silver amigo section. That one was KV's best section.

I dunno, just the first section. The one before the Silver amigo section. That one was KV's best section.

Yeah, that was it... :U With the wind grinding.

I also heard that the more rings you collected, the faster Sonic went. Imagine collecting 400 rings. tongue.png

I believe that feature was in Sonic Advance 2. IIRC.

Also is it me or is the homing attack getting nerfed an improvement? Just look at the E3 demo's videos and tell me if that thing works right.

I believe that feature was in Sonic Advance 2. IIRC.

Also is it me or is the homing attack getting nerfed an improvement? Just look at the E3 demo's videos and tell me if that thing works right.

Someone hacked Super Sonic, Super Shadow and Super Silver into the game, but to say, it's very mediocre at best.

Aw Sonic 06, how many mixed feelings I have for you. I remember the days in this game was in early development. Sonic fans were shouting for joy in amazement of how we thought this game was going to bring Sonic out from the gutters while Nintendo fans were whinning that they would be able to get their hands on this "awesome game" a trend that continues today with the development of Sonic 4-2. Oh how I miss those days, unfortunately it turned out to be just one huge mess. I loved the direction this game was going in. An intimidating Eggman, large cast of characters, HD Adventure styled gameplay, the return of Blaze, Sonic in a realistic world, Shadow having an evil look counterpart, 3 hedgehogs of time, come on, this game looked so epic. I've been saying this for the past 5 years and I'll continue to say it for the next 5 years and beyond. People can bad-mouth this game all they want, but if this game was finished, it could have been the greatest Sonic game of all time. Not to mention all the amazing features that this game should have had but didn't due to time restraint that other people have mentioned in this topic. Well at the end of the day, this game will always have a special place in my heart. Yes, this game was a pile of crap, but it's not the end result that I'll be remembering for the next years to come, but it's the hype and anticipation that I've had for this game ever since I saw the 2006 E3 trailer. That trailer blew my mind, and for everyday of that year I couldn't get that trailer out of my head until I finally got the game myself during Christmas when I bought the Sonic 06-Xbox 360 bundle pack. This was the first "next generation" game that I ever played, it was just like when I first opened my Sega Dreamcast in 1999 on Christmas day. However when I first played the game, I began to realise exactly what people have been complaining about and the disgrace to the franchise that this game turned out to be. But I still loved it back then and I still love this pile of crap today, not for what it turned out to be, but what it could have been.

Well I guess I should post this since no one else did yet.

So much potential this game had, so much potential...

• Thumbs Up 4

I can't believe they said they refused to do bug testing because it was overbudget and rushed. Zero bug testing. That's sad. Maybe it they didn't bother making Secret Rings, the game would've had a chance. But I think, another factor was the change in direction the game took when Yuji Naka left. You try to add in all this stuff, all these characters, all these CG movies (which drastically increases budget), all these cutscenes, so close to deadline the game's gonna be a mess. I like all the characters, but Shun Nakamura should've just concentrated on Sonic. I don't know if Shun was on the project from the very beginning or not. I think it was rude of Naka to leave before the game came out. Maybe he just didn't like the work environment anymore but he trusted that the team could finish it.

This was the time where Sonic Team was a sweatshop I believe. They absorbed that UGA division to make Sonic Riders. Was there really any reason to release Riders just a few months after Shadow the Hedgehog? And Secret Rings just a few months after 06. Why couldn't Secret Rings come out November 07. Why early 07? And they refused to promote NiGHTS Journey of Dreams, which ended up flopping in sales. Sega was just horrible at that time

Edited by lounge-mas
  • Thumbs Up 1

Maybe a bit off-topic, but I was told (and saw it briefly in a vid on Youtube) Soleanna's Castle Town had vongolas roaming the waters and the very castle could be seen in the horizon of the sea...

In which versions of the final build did it happen? Mine doesn't have any of these...

Someone hacked Super Sonic, Super Shadow and Super Silver into the game, but to say, it's very mediocre at best.

This is crap compared to the work of my fellow Russian Sonic fan's work.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, he just loaded Crisis City in place of the final battle. Not like you can zip around Zone of the Enders style or anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, as cool as it was, it did seem the characters were confined to moving in a circular pattern, like with Solaris. For shame.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, as cool as it was, it did seem the characters were confined to moving in a circular pattern, like with Solaris. For shame.

Only he he could tweak the controls to make them go forward or backward, and slow down their speeds.

Yeah, he just loaded Crisis City in place of the final battle. Not like you can zip around Zone of the Enders style or anything.

• Thumbs Up 9

>Make Solaris the Tornado

>Final boss of the game is the Tornado that carries the car

>???

>Profit

GENIUS!

You should be the one designing Sonic games!

You know, that spammable homing attack looked really cool! Blaze can do it and it's awesome to use... why didn't they use it for Sonic? Did they just remove it for no reason or what? I mean, he had it months before the game came out and it's already in the game for Blaze, why didn't they just keep it in for Sonic?

• Thumbs Up 1

Could somebody make it clear what is the fuss about this phrase "That Tornado is carrying a car"? What's so wrong with it? I think it's only natural to point out such things when you see unusual stuff happening in ususual situations.

Could somebody make it clear what is the fuss about this phrase "That Tornado is carrying a car"? What's so wrong with it? I think it's only natural to point out such things when you see unusual stuff happening in ususual situations.

It's kind of a "DERP" moment, and Jason's acting amplifies this.

Well, it's a bit of an understatement, and Sonic says loads of stupidly obvious things in this game, especially in Crisis City. The whole city's on fire!

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, it's a bit of an understatement, and Sonic says loads of stupidly obvious things in this game

Yeah, I noticed that but it doesn't seem wrong to me.. Why should it? Sonic just says things about stuff he sees).

It's kind of a "DERP" moment, and Jason's acting amplifies this.

I google'd the meaning of Derp some months ago and If I'm not mistaken it has to do with cross-eye..Could you explain it in more details?

Edited by ArtFenix

I google'd the meaning of Derp some months ago and If I'm not mistaken it has to do with cross-eye..Could you explain it in more details?

Stupid or dumb, in a way that wasn't originally intended to be funny. "That tornado is carrying a car" is just a daft thing thing to say, especially after he's already gone through the entire inferno of a city with cars and other objects being launched at him (and yeah, the acting is very unconvincing). It's akin to him saying "That whale's destroying a bridge!" at the end of the whale chase in Emerald Coast. "That whale's coming after me!" with a little more panic in his voice would make a lot more sense and still manage to sound weird.

Also it doesn't help that he's saying it to nobody. The boulder chase in Ocean Palace works better because there's more than one person in the conversation.

Edited by HYDROCITEE
  • Thumbs Up 4

Or, "That avalanche is coming down!" during Ice Cap in SA1.

Lines like that are just random and painfully obvious to see, so it comes off stupid.

Edited by DarkLightDragon

Stupid or dumb, in a way that wasn't originally intended to be funny. "That tornado is carrying a car" is just a daft thing thing to say, especially after he's already gone through the entire inferno of a city with cars and other objects being launched at him (and yeah, the acting is very unconvincing). It's akin to him saying "That whale's destroying a bridge!" at the end of the whale chase in Emerald Coast. "That whale's coming after me!" with a little more panic in his voice would make a lot more sense and still manage to sound weird.

Also it doesn't help that he's saying it to nobody. The boulder chase in Ocean Palace works better because there's more than one person in the conversation.

Thanks for the explanation guys)! I think I kind of get it. So if he said that with more emotion of surpise it'd sound more natural, yes?

Thanks for the explanation guys)! I think I kind of get it. So if he said that with more emotion of surpise it'd sound more natural, yes?

And if he wasn't saying such a stupid and obvious thing to himself.

Edited by HYDROCITEE
  • Thumbs Up 1