Awoo.

The SimCity Thread of Offline Play

PeanutButterDimond

http://thegamershub....imulation-game/

http://uk.gamespot.c...-report-6360586

http://www.joystiq.c...-purports-2013/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoKT25S2yJU&feature=plcp&context=C39f8dd1UDOEgsToPDskKOGxcDdnwJFuEr5dxuuh4x

Well, it looks like we're getting a new Sim City game.

I've never really played much of Sim City but I've always wanted to try it.

Edited by PeanutButterDerp
  • Thumbs Up 1

I fell in love with Sim City 2000 during my early gaming days, and Sim City 4 was also excellent. I can't wait to tear into this baby, it looks like it could be all kinds of fantastic. As long as it stays well clear of any of that 'Societies' crap.

Meh, I like Sim City but I always hated its unintuitive gameplay hopefully it will better than Societies and more intuitive than the originals.sleep.png

I still play my Saturn version of Sim City 2000 from time to time.

Naturally this is a Day 1 purchase purely because it's Sim City.

This is going to be amazing =D , very promising as of my fist impressions

I always loved playing sim-type games and got hooked with simcity!

While I don't see myself getting this one any time soon, I can't deny the happy feeling I had at seeing the Maxis logo. Makes me want to break out the original Sim City for a spin (although I have got 2000 on my "current" laptop!).

...Now if only they'd make a sequel for Sim Ant...

I guarantee this game will be a huge step backward from the previous game in terms of gameplay.

That's a really bold claim to make on no gameplay or info whatsoever. Is there any reason why you "guarantee" that this game will be a step back in terms of gameplay despite the fact that we know nothing of it?

That's a really bold claim to make on no gameplay or info whatsoever. Is there any reason why you "guarantee" that this game will be a step back in terms of gameplay despite the fact that we know nothing of it?

Don't get me wrong, I have high hopes for this game, but after the rep that SimCity Societies had, I don't know how they're going to do this. I'm quite skeptical on whether this will be even deeper than SC4 or that it will have the same simplicity as Societies. I don't know, but it's possible they could dumb this game down so it can be easier for the casuals. Hell, that's what EA has been doing with their games for the last several years.

Don't get me wrong, I have high hopes for this game, but after the rep that SimCity Societies had, I don't know how they're going to do this. I'm quite skeptical on whether this will be even deeper than SC4 or that it will have the same simplicity as Societies. I don't know, but it's possible they could dumb this game down so it can be easier for the casuals. Hell, that's what EA has been doing with their games for the last several years.

Oh come on SC4 was tedious, the tutorial didn't help much. SC2000 and SC3000 are better, glad to see Maxis is doing it though.

Sim City needs to be balanced for old players and new players.sleep.png

Also, it's going to have a DRM, so you need online connectivity to be able to play the game. It's safe to say that it will be nothing like SC4.

Also, it's going to have a DRM, so you need online connectivity to be able to play the game. It's safe to say that it will be nothing like SC4.

Oh for christ's sake EA, fuck off with the fucking DRM already! It's hardly an online game, so why screw us around by enforcing online DRM shit?

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh for christ's sake EA, fuck off with the fucking DRM already! It's hardly an online game, so why screw us around by enforcing online DRM shit?

They did that with C&C4, I forgot to put that in my rant! dry.png

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently this particular SimCity will have multiplayer, which goes some way to explaining the DRM.

It definitely is a big enough problem though to stop this from being an automatic Day 1 purchase ( D: ) but I really like SimCity and I'd love to play an up-to-date version again.

• 1 month later...

I'm sure many of you have known Simcity for being a single player game. Well I'm afraid that's not gonna happen in this next installment.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/09/maxis-simcity-built-from-the-ground-up-for-multiplayer/

EA sure loves fucking up classic franchises and fucking over all their fans. It's a real shame cause this game had alot of potential. Like AVGN would say: "This game could've been classic, instead, it's worthless."

• Thumbs Up 1

I hate this constant Internet shit, what if I lose my connection for a long time or lose it all together? sad.png

I can't play my game then can I? Seriously why do they doing this prevents piracy because it doesn't!dry.png

Its shit like this makes not bother with PC gaming! sleep.png

Sad but true since EA has been ticking fans off left and right for the past few years. It's times like this that I tend to wait for price drops for recent titles since it isn't worth paying them the full retail price due to their ineptitude.

Words cannot express the amount of eyerolling. Not at what EA's doing. The responses to it.

So, they are shit.... dry.png

• Thumbs Up 2

EDIT: Never mind I have things to say.

Y'know, this really COULD work, but this idea already has problems.

If it was two people working on two different cities in the same area, I think that'd be cool. The bad part is that they are completely redoing everything so it is NECESSARY to work on a city TOGETHER. Now don't get me wrong. Left 4 Dead did forced co-op as well, and it actually makes sense with the "story" and scenario. City's though? Really?... And why can't you save offline? That's just dumb.

------

*Starts building city*

OH GEEZ GODZILLA!!

WHO DID THIS?!

Edited by WlCl

I love how there's been 2 threads in the last few days expressing how much EA are pissing people off. :lol:

They really wanna hold onto their Worst Company title, don't they!

• Thumbs Up 7