Awoo.

The Walking Thread (The Walking Dead)

vercetti2021

And so we were, as predicted!

So the twist that Terminus are a bunch of cannibals isn't that much of a twist since pretty much everyone seemed to be anticipating this (doubly so if you follow the wider Walking Dead Universe, given the Hunters and St. Johns). Sure the cannibalism isn't confirmed but the fact they welcome so many people, have a ton of meat despite no livestock, and the pile of human-looking remains... yeah, I think the verdict's out on this one.

Then you have Gareth's, "when people become a part of us they make us stronger." Totally not a poetic euphemism for eating people!

I'll be interested to see how Season 5 is. They've never ended the season on a real cliffhanger before, but this one has you wondering how they're gonna get out of this pickle.

Tiiiime to wait for October! At least there's the comic books to keep me entertained...

Finale felt more like an average episode to me. It's nice they've laid the groundwork but it didn't really pack any punches and now all that can be done is speculate. Though it's already fairly obvious what's going on.

Episode had a nice atmosphere though gotta give it that

THAT was season finale? Seriously? I mean episode was pretty good. Had some nice action sequences but I expected more. Also that cliffhanger ending...

SSQAZiS.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

They really wanted to leave us hanging this time around, it seems. No season's ever ended on a cliffhanger like that... while Season 2's ending is considered a cliffhanger for some, I don't see it as much of one since it was just a general ending and it really could have gone anywhere from there. In this case...

The survivors are all trapped and are likely to be eaten in the near future. There's a lot of tension here, much like what happened with Season 3's mid-season finale... except we have to wait the whole six months to get this tension resolved.

Apparently if you listened closely you could hear people banging from the inside of the other train cars and yelling for help... I can only imagine the sort of horror they're going to show with people being heard or seen being killed to be used as meat.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 11 months later...

And we're back a season later...

Noah's death was pretty gruesome. They really wanted to up the ante with that one.

His head looks really rubbery if you see a still of the death, though.

I'm curious to see more about the Wolves, who presumably are the ones cutting the W into people's heads. The Saviors don't mess around in the comics, but they're nowhere near as vicious as these guys are being. The Saviors actually prefer to leave survivor groups intact so they can extract stuff from them.

• 5 months later...

Fear the Walking Dead is upon us at last!

Not a bad start for the series. I do wish they hadn't spoiled a lot of where the season's going in the after-episode preview, though.

Edited by Ty the Tasmanian Ogilvie

• 5 weeks later...

The end of the most recent episode is a bit confusing. Were the gunshots and the flashing lights one in the same, or was there gunshots against the person flashing the light? It's very easy for Travis to have just imagined the gunshots and put two and two together that the repetitive light isn't a signal; the house is a damned execution ground.

Or maybe the series will avoid the predictable route and make it so the house was just a random act of violence and there really is a hospital. The previews are making it look like there is.

Another question of predictability: will that deserting soldier be shot dead, or just be intimidated back into obedience?

The real downfall in these kinds of situations are the soldiers inevitably begin to desert where possible to go help their families, which leads to a prisoner's dilemma situation where everyone is worse off without an organized military.

oh sh*t!

Hold on to your bats!

The Walking Dead is casting for a character code named "Orin," who definitively fits the characteristics of one comic book character you may have heard of: Negan.

The news comes from The Spoiling Dead Fans Facebook page, who cited Spoil The Dead.

[QUOTE]

"30s to mid 40s. A physically imposing, charismatic, brutal, smart, ferocious, frightening, hilarious, inappropriate, oddly friendly, fun loving sociopath that is both a leader of men and a killer of men. He has both a practical and emotional intelligence, he's a brilliant strategist, he's pure, dangerous, murderous, often gleeful id, that still has both discipline and a code. And he has a temper that can vaporize people. He's truly one of the strongest personalities ever..."

[/QUOTE]

Think about it...

The Walking Dead

is perfectly on pace to introduce Negan in the season 6 finale. Averaging 20 comic book issues per season, with season five's culmination equivalent to issue 79 where Pete Anderson gets put down, issue 100 is on par to be the season 6 finale. Don't forget, season one was only six episodes when you try to point out how this theory may be an issue or two short with exact math.

In addition to the comic-issue-to-episode-count parallels, the series also cast

Tom Payne

as Paul "Jesus" Monroe and

Xander Berkeley

as an unnamed comic character described very similarly to Gregory. These two hail from the Hilltop Community and they both come into play prior to Negan's introduction which is, in fact, while Rick is en route from Alexandria to the Hilltop.

[/QUOTE][/spoiler]

Looks like we're getting Saviors and Hilltop in season 6.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Ahahaha, this is beautiful.

I was not expecting Glenn to go out that way... Even if as horrible as it is, it's better than what he goes through in the comic.

Ah, but that's the thing... is he dead?

There's numerous factors that say "maybe."

1. Nicholas fell on top of him. It's possible those are Nicholas' guts. Glenn might just be horrified.

2. Glenn's death is not confirmed in In Memoriam. This is important: Judith was presumed dead, but was likewise not given a mention.

3. Doubt is being cast on said death by all official sources.

4. There are leaked photos of Paul Monroe/Jesus in the TV series, and Glenn is next to him in both. It could just be their actors together on the set (there are film crew people in both), but it raises the possibility that Glenn survives.

5. This has happened before. Rick survived his encounter with a herd in the tank, and Tyreese survived barehanded against several walkers in the woods. With the dumpster's proximity and the gunfire, it's possible Glenn might have been able to somehow hide in it.

Only time will tell.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Someone has a date with Lucille. Place your bets.

Spoiler

I think it's gonna be Daryl. If not, Glenn. It won't be as huge if it's not one of the Atlanta Five.

• 6 months later...

Preview for the Season 7 premiere in a few weeks. Still not confirming who the victim was.

It goes without saying that it's moderately graphic.

The "right hand man" title and discussion is leading people to assume Daryl or Abraham.

Please be Daryl. It will have the most impact if it's him.

On the other hand, the fact there is blood on Rick's right cheek would indicate that the victim was most likely to his right. Some speculate Maggie because it appears you can see a wedding ring in the mess at the end, but with how close they were next to each other, you'd assume there'd be more splatter.

Suddenly Maggie's cries of "Glenn" that you can extract from the audio... have taken a darker turn. She is calling for him, just as he called for her when he was killed in the comics.

Also an interesting twist that Dwight isn't Negan's right hand man in this timeline, but Simon (the guy leading the group of Saviors on the road). Will be interesting to see if he just dies and Dwight takes his place, or if Dwight himself is a red herring and it's Simon who will betray Negan.

I already can confidently say that I know who it is, based on what The Spoiling Dead Fans have posted.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

You really shouldn't click this unless you're DYING to know.

Spoiler

R.I.P Glenn

R.I.P Abe.

So the Season 7 premiere is titled, "The Day Will Come When You Won't Be" in reference to what Jenner told Rick at the end of Season 1 when he said, "I'm grateful."

So apparently that day has come? :P

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, CEAON said:

So the Season 7 premiere is titled, "The Day Will Come When You Won't Be" in reference to what Jenner told Rick at the end of Season 1 when he said, "I'm grateful."

So apparently that day has come? :P

As the (already dead) Dumbledore once put it, "Don't pity the dead. Pity the living."

Or, if you want to go classical, "Only the dead have seen the end of war."

Or, option three, "Dying is easy. Living is what's hard."

Rick and his folks may keep on living, but it will always be a struggle (the plot demands it).

• 2 weeks later...

They've given us another teaser, wheeee!

Relatively benign. Just Dwight by himself, going to kill some walkers...

Oh, but what's this?

He's wearing Daryl's jacket. Likely to make us think Daryl was killed but this is far too obvious to be a reveal.

Really though. I'm worried Dwight has developed a yandere obsession with Daryl. He's stolen his crossbow (twice), his motorcycle, and now his jacket. I'm half expecting Dwight to shave Daryl's head so he can keep the locks of hair in a shrine in his bedroom at this point.

My guess would be that they're setting Daryl up for a rivalry with Dwight, and that Daryl will take Dwight's place as the new leader of the Saviors once the All Out War storyline concludes.

Interview with Michael Cudlitz (Abraham) about the Season 7 premiere.

In which we discover the whole cast knew who was going to die a year or so in advance, but did the "we don't know" act anyway. XP