Awoo.

Strangest thing(s) you found in a Sonic game?

MegaMan_EXE

The series had fourth wall breaking in early games, none from SA1-Unleashed, then when Colors comes, Sonic returns to fourth wall breaking by talking to YOU.

Well, uh..... I thought that was kind of cool......blush.png

But in was weird since they've never done that before, as you said.

The line Sonic said when he did that was funny though.biggrin.png

The series had fourth wall breaking in early games, none from SA1-Unleashed, then when Colors comes, Sonic returns to fourth wall breaking by talking to YOU.

Well it's not much but he also breaks the fourth wall in unleashed right at the beginning, in the first scene with chip.

Yeah, I hated that, too. He spoke in the shows! They just could have gotten Jaleel White to voice him. But as Verte said, that might confuse people.....

The worst part is, in the comments for this one video on YouTube, someone said, "Classic Sonic can talk?" SEGA, what have you done?! You made people think horrible, false things! WHY????

What game are they talking about that Classic Sonic can talk, though? But yeah, I always though that C.Sonic should stay silent is silly cause outside the Genesis games he is able to talk just fine.

Princess Elise. 'Nuff said.

A.K.A Photo realistic Princess.

That would be my strangest encounter in Sonic games, too realistic looking humans in a universe with Super Cartoony 100cm tall anthromorphs, through that fear disappeared with the fantastic Gurihiru designed humans in Unleashed.

Hope they get Gurihiru on another game if their are humans present.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

That's digging too deep. When they make those renders, they apply textures reflections or put it in a random scene and make reflections based on that. It's true not just of the Sonic series, but a lot of 3D renders. It's an easy way to add detail, and not something that most people would care to noticed.

Metal Sonic's a freakin' car park in a lot of his renders. :P

What game are they talking about that Classic Sonic can talk, though?

Oh, I ment a YouTube video that someone made.

This isn't really from a game, but on Pandora, if you look at the page for Escape the City, it says one of the song's attributes is "Gospel Roots"...

Edited by Cunning Condor
  • Thumbs Up 1

This isn't really from a game, but on Pandora, if you look at the page for Escape the City, it says one of the song's attributes is "Gospel Roots"...

That's digging too deep. When they make those renders, they apply textures reflections or put it in a random scene and make reflections based on that. It's true not just of the Sonic series, but a lot of 3D renders. It's an easy way to add detail, and not something that most people would care to noticed.

Metal Sonic's a freakin' car park in a lot of his renders. tongue.png

I've never noticed reflections on Sonic characters that are actually in a scene to show other than amorphous shapes or the scene itself.

This texture in Sonic Adventure. It's featured on billboards in Speed Highway

weirdthing.png

Looks like a female anthrope character. You can make out her bosom, muzzle and eyes with eyelashes as well as her hairdo.

I also find it perhaps a little odd how NiGHTS is seemingly a franchise in Sonic's world. It's an awesome nod in itself. There's a themed pinball table around it in Sonic Adventure and a hotel based around it in SA2's Radical Highway.

^ Boy that texture brings back memories. I remember people speculating that it was an early concept for Rouge. =P

^ Boy that texture brings back memories. I remember people speculating that it was an early concept for Rouge. =P

... It isn't? It sure does look like it is.

... It isn't? It sure does look like it is.

It isn't. It's nothing of significance.

I also find it perhaps a little odd how NiGHTS is seemingly a franchise in Sonic's world. It's an awesome nod in itself. There's a themed pinball table around it in Sonic Adventure and a hotel based around it in SA2's Radical Highway.

And about a billion of them in Generations 3DS :P IIRC, isn't there a poster for the NiGHTS hotel in ShTH's Lethal Highway? It was the last Sonic main game Naka worked on, not counting '06 which he abandoned.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know what I've always found a bit odd in SA2? Space Colony ARK. It's outward appearance seems to be based on Gerald's face but the thing is, Gerald doesn't strike me as an egotist that would use his face as the basis of the ARK's outward appearance and it's not as if he based it off of his grandson if you consider the extreme likelihood of Eggman being young at the time of the ARK's creation and therefore not at all likely to have such facial features as a moustache...

Still reading through the topic, but wanted to reply to a few posts.

First of all, I don't think Tails Doll is scary,. but I honestly have no idea what SEGA was thinking when they made it. Well, obviously they wanted 'metal' versions of the three main heroes, and Metal Knuckles was created in this game as well, but Tails Doll is just so... Odd. I actually think it was made to be intentionally a bit creepy, supported that the official piece of Tails Doll artwork in the game's manual is this:

100x60.jpg

I don't actually find it creepy, but I do find Tails Doll very odd.

In Metropolis zone there were a few areas that would loop indefinently vertical, so you could rise or fall as much as you wanted and never stop. Interestingly enough, Sonic's death animation wasn't adjusted to compensate for this, he'd fall through the bottom of the screen as normal... then later re-emerge at the top and fall down again at an accelerated rate. Am I the only one who's ever seen that happen?

I always read into the looping of Metropolis Zone being since the area is shaped like a spiral... It's a gameplay mechanic but since the whole place is full of things that spin in spirals, I just assumed that the idea was that the shape of the stage was like a spiral as well.

^ It always struck me as rather strange that the world's population weren't in a major panic about the planet being split into pieces. In fact many were far more concerned with the state of their relationships and careers. =P

I still find it funny the only people who were alerted to the planet being in pieces were obviously possessed by demon ghosts of Black Gaia.

• Thumbs Up 3

Here's a new one. (I'm surprised this post is still going on) A strange thing I found was in 4 Episode 2. The Final Boss is a HEART! The first thing I thought was "Is that a heart?" It is! I'm running on its veins and it's weird.

There was something in Battle that I considered strange and it's after you fought Amy in Rouge's story for the second to last time. She becomes...dazed I guess is the word for it? Regardless, for some reason, you have to fight both her and an imaginary Sonic. It's just..odd.

Edited by Torcano Havoc

You know what I've always found a bit odd in SA2? Space Colony ARK. It's outward appearance seems to be based on Gerald's face but the thing is, Gerald doesn't strike me as an egotist that would use his face as the basis of the ARK's outward appearance and it's not as if he based it off of his grandson if you consider the extreme likelihood of Eggman being young at the time of the ARK's creation and therefore not at all likely to have such facial features as a moustache...

I thought the same as a kid, so I made up this idea that originally the shape was accidental and Maria pointed out that the station kind of looked like his face or something, so he added some details to make it even more like his face in order to just give Maria a laugh.

Of course, that's 100% me as a 10 year old kid making up a reason.

I thought the same as a kid, so I made up this idea that originally the shape was accidental and Maria pointed out that the station kind of looked like his face or something, so he added some details to make it even more like his face in order to just give Maria a laugh.

Of course, that's 100% me as a 10 year old kid making up a reason.

OH MY GOD! TOBBII YOUR BACK! Glad to see you again dude!biggrin.png Edited by Sora
  • Thumbs Up 3

OH MY GOD! TOBBII YOUR BACK! Glad to see you again dude!biggrin.png

Thanks, I love how this is always the reaction these days when I post because of how little I visit. Makes me feel loved. ^^ I really should be more of a regular, just have so much stuff to do IRL you know... Real life sucks.

Anyway, to be a bit on-topic.

I was kind of freaked out when Mephiles

killed Sonic

to be honest. Was pretty ballsy of them to actually have him do that, even if the scene sucked.

Edited by Tobbii