Awoo.

Strangest thing(s) you found in a Sonic game?

MegaMan_EXE

Sonic06FAIL.png

Cutscene animation doesn't get much weirder than this.

*hic* Elise, have I told you how much I lo....lo....LOVE you? *hic* Nooooo........really, I just....want to spend my *hic* entire *hic* *hic* LIFE with you.....and *hic* do things with you and *hic* no one *hic* else.....*belches*

*hic* Elise, have I told you how much I lo....lo....LOVE you? *hic* Nooooo........really, I just....want to spend my *hic* entire *hic* *hic* LIFE with you.....and *hic* do things with you and *hic* no one *hic* else.....*belches*

Oh god no. THAT would be the strangest thing I've ever seen.

^ I like this post as an appreciation for the mention, not because I like breast physics in SA2.

I'm sure most people know this, but load up Mad Space, go to the third planet (the moon with the flat, crater'd north pole), and jump on one of the spaceships flying around in circles. Make Rouge face the camera. "Wat" the night away.

I don't. Can you show me what you're talking about?

Sonic06FAIL.png

It's in-game generated, but still.

There's a very definite space between his eyes and his eyelids, if you look at his in-game moments at other angles his eye-shine is a little space away from his eye too.

That, and it's forced-looking, like all of his expression in the game.

Edited by Mysterics

Hey, I know this doesn't really need any logic behind it since it's a video game.

But um.... How exactly did Sonic, Tails and Knuckles get to Eggmans Eggfleet in heroes?

If Tails flew them up there, that's bull.

I can't even fly 10 metres with him in game.

• Thumbs Up 4

Big in SatSR.

I mean one of the travel diary entries in the Special Book says the following;

“A fairy told me “So you’re the blue hedgehog.” I’ve ended up somewhere strange. Where is this place?”

What is this actually implying? That Big was present in the house in the opening along with Sonic, Shahra came across him first and mistook him for Sonic, bringing him into the book?

Guys, behold the ultimate strangeness. (One might reason it's a spin-off... but it's still a Sonic game sort of.) And seriously, things can't possibly get much more awkward that THIS.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNXdjgo96BQ

Eggman doing Rhythmic Ribbon. Hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wow. No wonder Eggman can outrun Sonic... I mean... LOOK AT HIM GO!

Awesome.

As for strange things... Well, I don't question stuff in a game. So nothing from me.

When Knuckles drowns in SA1 (yes, he can drown in Mystic Ruins jungle near Big's hut), why does he sound like Goofy? It's hilarious, but so wrong at the same time. XD He's dying, but he sounds like he's all 'hyuk hyuk' over the matter! There's also the weird 8-bit sound effect when Sonic falls from the sky. That was...random. Together with the f'ed up facial expressions of course! 8D

Sonic Chronicles also had its fair share of random sound effects. Shadow in Sonic Chronicles...GOBBLE GOBBLE! Seriously he sounded like a turkey. >> And when the robots attack you it sounds like they're saying 'SOMEBODY HELP!' Certainly sounds like they say that to me.

Edited by Gabz Girl
  • Thumbs Up 1

To add on to Sonic Chronicles, whenever certain enemies or Big the Cat get hit, it sounds like they're about to throw up. ._.

• Thumbs Up 1

On the "Big in SatSR" front, take a look at about 28 seconds into this video;

[media=]

Big is apparently such a good swimmer he can defy physics and shove two fingers up to gravity!

Edited by Verte

This just had to be done.

E7H1G.png

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY <3

I always thought it was strange that RidersZG had so much story, yet didn't have a single excuse for the Team Sonic and Amy using their EX Gear. Why did Sonic take to his board, which he never has with him, to escape the robots in Megalo Station? Riders 1, uncharacteristic as it was, made sense.

Sonic06FAIL.png

...Those eyes. I've never noticed this in 06 before, and well...this is just odd. They...they look like they're all different sizes and stuff....

Guys, behold the ultimate strangeness. (One might reason it's a spin-off... but it's still a Sonic game sort of.) And seriously, things can't possibly get much more awkward that THIS.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNXdjgo96BQ

Eggman doing Rhythmic Ribbon. Hilarious.

This is also off-model, the center part of the brow should always be prominent,
  • Thumbs Up 4

Don't know if it's been mentioned but what was up with Rouge's Heroes outfit? Were they gonna have her wear a different costume every game or something? Her outfit is different in ShTH but not significantly enough to matter really.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but what was up with Rouge's Heroes outfit? Were they gonna have her wear a different costume every game or something? Her outfit is different in ShTH but not significantly enough to matter really.

My guess is that they were afraid to make Rouge sexy looking in Heroes. That would also explain why her torso design is completely different from SA2. Just look at her Heroes renders. Her head looks freakishly huge in relation to her body.

My guess is that they were afraid to make Rouge sexy looking in Heroes.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who directed Heroes? Yuji Naka? If there's ever another Q&A session at Summer of Sonic we should so ask about that one.
Iizuka did. He's also going to be at this summer sonic 2012, so you can ask him or somebody.

Yuji Uekawa wasn't involved in the character design for Heroes, so I guess the other designers weren't sure what to do with Rouge.

In Heroes they got rid of her womanly curves and made her body smaller. She looked really disproportional too. They did keep her breasts pronounced (so I don't know maybe they considered that an important feature of hers). Without her curves she just looked less sexy overall. Her Riders design was the worst offender of this. I guess they weren't sure what to do with her. But I think she's pretty okay now the way she was in Generations.

In Sonic X of all things ironically they weren't afraid to show off everything. Of all the characters in Sonic X that are drawn, Rouge is the only one that looks the closest to her original form in SA2.

Why does everything turn into a conversation about Rouges boobs?

Because there are many lonely people on the internet.

• Thumbs Up 4

Why does everything turn into a conversation about Rouges boobs?

Because "bat tits or GTFO" is the status quo.

• Thumbs Up 5

Iizuka did. He's also going to be at this summer sonic 2012, so you can ask him or somebody.

Oh okay cool. I thought he just was about the level design for Heroes.

I'll have to try and remember to attempt to ask if there's a Q&A session, but damn I don't wanna be that one guy who asks about Rouge lol. I know I'm all about the ladies but Rouge ain't my thing. 8C