Awoo.

Strangest thing(s) you found in a Sonic game?

MegaMan_EXE

Gerald Robotnik went from a 2-ton dinosaur monster to a cartoon black hedgehog?

What the hell.....

I always thought the Sonic franchise would have been much better if Gerald had kept Shadow as a freakishly giant lizard. Seriously, just imagine the Riders series. And you have to be insane to think this doesn't look infinitely cooler:

5WRIN.png

• Thumbs Up 9

Some of Shadow's lines in SA2:

"Wait a minute, you're that government agent Rouge the Bat, aren't you?!?"

No, she's the OTHER Rouge the Bat...

"Was that what Chaos Control is?"

...You should know, it's like your main thing...

Also Mephiles' Whisper, the theme song of Mephiles the Dark. Just Mephi in general seems so strange for a Sonic game, compared to Eggman or Metal Sonic or the series' other villains. He's so much more sadistic and evil than what we were used to...

I'm not sure about the Rouge the Bat line, but I know the second one can be attributed to a translation error. He was supposed to say something along the lines of "Was that… Chaos Control?!"

Of course, Komodin long since beat me to this...

Edited by Hatsune Miku

Actually that line makes perfect sense to me.

Knuckles asks "Is it gone?"

Shadow's response "Is that what chaos control is?"

I.e "Surely you know chaos control just moves it somewhere else you big dumb."

Hahaha, that's a different way to view it. Though "Isn't" would make more sense. But hey, I don't wanna ruin the joke! Even Shadow can indulge in smartassery. tongue.png

And then Knuckles crushes his head like a grape.

Well Knux would crush his head like a grape if he wasn't wearing those... things on his hands...

Never mind the whole ability to teleport. That kind of skews things.

Gerald Robotnik went from a 2-ton dinosaur monster to a cartoon black hedgehog?

What the hell.....

Not too crazy.

Remember, back in the day, computers often took up several rooms and were much slower. Now, they can fit in the palm of your hand and still go super fast. Gerald did the same thing with organisms, going from a clunky, crippled beast to a compact, powerful creature.

Chaos energy naturally sped up the process of RnD I'd assume.

Hey it worked for caffeine in Futurama.

For me it'd have to be the gay furry guy from Empire City hub who gives you missions, iirc he described Sonic in werehog form as a "sexy beast".

What about the fact that all the dating stuff yields the Achievement "Hedgehunk?"

Apparently, Sega believes Sonic is the fastest AND sexiest thing alive.

Considering 2006 has already made it clear that Sonic and his animal chums are treated as people in the game's universe, I actually found Louie to be a pretty refreshingly charming NPC. I mean if he was meant to be gay or whatever he's stereotyped to shit and back and played for laughs but not to an offensive degree. It's cool to see something like that in a family game, y'know?

I'm gay yet found it hilarious(and creepy). I approve of Sega for challenging the norms!

Kind of makes you wonder how famous Sonic really is. Obviously, beyond the United Federation, he's not too well-known, at least according to Unleashed, and neither is Eggman (although I imagine quite a few people remember his global death-threat from SA2), as if I remember correctly, the residents of Mazuri have no idea who he is.

Given Mazuri's lack of televisions, at least the village, it makes sense none of them will recognise him. Whereas much of the Unleashed World is some level of modern, Mazuri is bottom of the barrel.

Edited by TaniciusFox
  • Thumbs Up 1

Never mind the whole ability to teleport. That kind of skews things...

I get the feeling we're not both talking about SA2 Knux's big metal hand-dealies that prevent him from moving his hands... ;L

Ah, Louie :P Interesting how the Sonic games have all kinds of cliche people (token black, warrior princess, femme fatele, ninja spy, trusty sidekick, evil genius) but only one obscure homosexual or at least camp character (unless you count Silver ;) ). Don't wanna warp the kiddies' fragile little minds I guess? Even though it's harmless infoAH HELL I'M GOING OFF TOPIC:

Most of Sonic Adventure. That game was SO random at times...

• Thumbs Up 1

I get the feeling we're not both talking about SA2 Knux's big metal hand-dealies that prevent him from moving his hands... ;L

Oh I just meant, good luck Knuckles trying to catch someone who can warp. Never mind can lift a bus with one hand. I think this match may be just a WEE bit unfair.

Ahem, but anywho!

Sonic 06's kissing scene. Why Amy did not maul Elise to this day surprises me. We've established she is a crazy fangirl, yet is perfectly fine with some random woman moving in on her man.

Then there's Generations. Why does Eggman go so far as to pretend to be kidnapped himself after the Egg Dragoon battle? Him kidnapping Classic Robotnik to help his scheme makes sense, but why pretend to be kidnapped himself, only to reveal himself in the Time Eater mere moments later? Seems overdramatic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Then there's Generations. Why does Eggman go so far as to pretend to be kidnapped himself after the Egg Dragoon battle? Him kidnapping Classic Robotnik to help his scheme makes sense, but why pretend to be kidnapped himself, only to reveal himself in the Time Eater mere moments later? Seems overdramatic.

It was merely Classic Eggman collecting Modern Eggman after he'd been defeated.

Oh I just meant, good luck Knuckles trying to catch someone who can warp. Never mind can lift a bus with one hand. I think this match may be just a WEE bit unfair.

Shadow vs. Knuckles. I want to see this. NOW!

Seems overdramatic.

Well it IS Dr. Eggman ;P how much more overdramatic can you get?

The Death Egg Zone music from Sonic 2... I thought it would just loop the opening bars but it's a full, very strange and eerie song. Should've played it over the Metal Sonic fight.

I never liked the Sonic 2 Death Egg music. It makes me glad that you only hear the opening bars because they're really ominous. Then it's like "Uhh... oh you not fighting Silver Sonic yet? Um, random warbling melody I guess!"

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 5

This particular screenshot they've used in the Virtual Card Game is strange, the perspective makes it look like Blaze is genuinely wearing a cape. :/

Sonic 06's kissing scene. Why Amy did not maul Elise to this day surprises me. We've established she is a crazy fangirl, yet is perfectly fine with some random woman moving in on her man.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 6

"I just have to shave it." - My Sweetest Passion

Okay, silly lyrics aside. Amy Rose is a character I like. Well, I like this one as well:

MinaMongoose01.png

...but I'll just stick with the game universe.

Amy character has been quite obsessed for a girl who wants a super famous hedgehog. Let gets some facts straight here:

1. Climbed onto an Aircraft Carrier to save sonic (I have no clue how she got there).

2. Constantly keeps up with him regardless of his speed and location (Mad tracking hound, yo)

3. Not the damsel in distress. Given the only times that Sonic had to achieve this role is when Amy got captured by Eggman, Metal, or Zero, but she has no fears in doing what her hear says, which is for love.

A lot of people would just see her as the clingy fan girl, but I appreciate her character, and I know if there was some true Sonamy shown in any of the games, it would kinda kill it for me, because I appreciate that part of her character. Especially since Sonic wants to be free to do whatever he wants.

Now if Rouge started seducing Sonic, that would make more sense in a game, but I don't think it would pass QA. HAHAHA.

Edited by Nicknyte

) She may be somewhat batty and, perhaps, a bit catty, but even she clearly had the sense to recognize that if she tried to intervene on the revival spell, not only would she not get Sonic back, the universe would essentially be wiped from existence by Solaris.

Ah, it all makes sense. Let her kiss her man now, dispose of her later. XD

It was merely Classic Eggman collecting Modern Eggman after he'd been defeated.

My point about it remaining overdramatic still remains! tongue.png XD

Shadow vs. Knuckles. I want to see this. NOW!

Ooo, oo, I know how this ends.

mwADA.png

On a more serious, analytical note:

Shadow has the initial advantage given his wide range of capabilities. Speed, power, durability. At first glance he could floor Knuckles.

However, we must remember that the Master Emerald nullifies or amplifies Chaos Energy. Since Shadow's great power derives almost entirely from the Chaos Emerald, Knuckles could dispose of those powers quick. Then Shadow would solely have his rocket skates, so the match would be little different from one vs. Sonic. This is even moreso if Knuckles could somehow tap the Emerald without being near it, the same way Shadow can tap chaos energy.

Shadow may come across as OP at first, but when looks at it, he's a paper tiger provided you have the slightest ability to dispose of chaos energy. It's those psychics you wanna worry about!

Well it IS Dr. Eggman ;P how much more overdramatic can you get?

Point. I guess they were just both engaging in an elaborate roleplay to make it seem like they were once again the pawn of the Monster of the Week, when for once, Eggman actually is in control of it.

"I just have to shave it." - My Sweetest Passion

Oh god yes. I never got that either.

Edited by TaniciusFox
  • Thumbs Up 1

No dreamy eyes, no clapsed hands, completely straight face:

"If I had to choose between the world and Sonic, I would choose Sonic."

No sure if anybody already posted (too much to read :S), but the first mission in Sonic Adventure DX, where you have to carry that man in front of the burger shop... IS BLOODY WEIRD. Especially the way Sonic carries him, he looks like a dull, not like a real man.

• Thumbs Up 2

I never liked the Sonic 2 Death Egg music. It makes me glad that you only hear the opening bars because they're really ominous. Then it's like "Uhh... oh you not fighting Silver Sonic yet? Um, random warbling melody I guess!"

YOU CRAZY BITCH!

I don't know, that line seems REALLY fangirlish to me...

• Thumbs Up 5

No sure if anybody already posted (too much to read :S), but the first mission in Sonic Adventure DX, where you have to carry that man in front of the burger shop... IS BLOODY WEIRD. Especially the way Sonic carries him, he looks like a dull, not like a real man.

Are you guys sure he is a statue? The games were poorly designed back there, I'm not sure about this. The mission claims: "Bring the man who is standing in front of the hamburger shop!". The man, not the man doll!

Edited by Jango

Are you guys sure he is a statue? The games were poorly designed back there, I'm not sure about this. The mission claims: "Bring the man who is standing in front of the hamburger shop!". The man, not the man doll!

Edited by Enigmatus

...yeah dude it is, explicitly and intentionally, a statue. Pretty sure some of the NPCs comment on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

...yeah dude it is, explicitly and intentionally, a statue. Pretty sure some of the NPCs comment on it.

Specifically this one;

Colonel-Sanders.jpg

-Said to have cursed the Hanshin Tigers to have a near 20 year loosing streak after their overzealous fans stole it from the local KFC and threw it in the river.

Edited by DuraV
  • Thumbs Up 2

^ What does that have to do with the thread?

It's explaining what that Burger Shop Statue from Sonic Adventure is referring to. They just forgot to quote the relevant post, for some reason.

It's explaining what that Burger Shop Statue from Sonic Adventure is referring to. They just forgot to quote the relevant post, for some reason.

My bad, fixed it to clear things up.