Awoo.

Strangest thing(s) you found in a Sonic game?

MegaMan_EXE

When I saw Eggmans eyes briefly in a cutscene of 06. As if he didn't look creepy enough in that game.

Also there was the fact that Chao's have night clubs in the Generations version. Now I can't get the image of cheese getting a lap dance out of my head :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Took me a while to notice this, but:

End of Green Hill Act 1 in Sonic Generations. What does the area look like? Grassy with the blades almost "dancing" back and forth.

End of Planet Wisp Act 1 in Sonic Generations. What does the area look like? Grassy with the blades (and this time, the flowers) almost "dancing" back and forth.

I wonder if this was an intentional "book-ends" kind of thing... if it is, that's subtle but awesome.

• Thumbs Up 2

I always thought it was incredibly strange that, in the Game Gear Sonic 2, Robotnik saves you as you are about to fall in lava only so he can drop you off to his latest death-machine.

0:54-1:08

This raises so many questions! Does Robotnik have some kind of masochistic fetish for Sonic and can only he hurt Sonic? Also why is it that Robotnik can grab Sonic in the middle of a spin jump. Couldn't Robotnik just grab Sonic at any time and imprison him? Wow Robotnik is REALLY weird!

I always thought it was incredibly strange that, in the Game Gear Sonic 2, Robotnik saves you as you are about to fall in lava only so he can drop you off to his latest death-machine.

This raises so many questions! Does Robotnik have some kind of masochistic fetish for Sonic and can only he hurt Sonic? Also why is it that Robotnik can grab Sonic in the middle of a spin jump. Couldn't Robotnik just grab Sonic at any time and imprison him? Wow Robotnik is REALLY weird!

Eggman's no(t just a) weirdo, he's (also) egotistical. He wants to be the one who defeats Sonic, and having Sonic die though his own screw-up is as big an affront to his ego as the insinuation that he's not fit to rule the world.

• Thumbs Up 2

Eggman's no(t just a) weirdo, he's (also) egotistical. He wants to be the one who defeats Sonic, and having Sonic die though his own screw-up is as big an affront to his ego as the insinuation that he's not fit to rule the world.

It's pretty funny how he can just grab Sonic in the middle of his spin jump though xD

Another thing I found strange was how, in the Dreamcast version of Sonic Adventure, Sonic's Saturn model in used in Sky Chase Zone Act 1 and not in Act 2.

They must have literally forgotton they used the wrong model in the game. But it's weird because at the end of the level his model changes back to his Dreamcast one.

O_o

In the first Sky Chase act of Adventure, why do they just fly around the Egg Carrier and do nothing but shoot down the random fighter pilots coming out of it?

Also, before going into Lost World, Sonic falls from very high in the sky (from the Egg Carrier) and just hops back up like nothing happend. Hmm...

Edited by Piplup-Fan77

In the first Sky Chase act of Adventure, why do they just fly around the Egg Carrier and do nothing but shoot down the random fighter pilots coming out of it?
They needed to clear the area so they could attempt to land, otherwise they'd get shot down while trying.
  • Thumbs Up 1

They needed to clear the area so they could attempt to land, otherwise they'd get shot down while trying.

Oh alright, that makes sense. Speaking of the Egg Carrier though, WHY is there a pool on board? Does Robotnik really like swimming that much? Doesn't really bother me, it's just so odd.

Sonic adventure, in the sound test go to the voices. I forget what is amy's but she's MOANING. Amy beats Rouge from oddly place sex like things by far.

Another thing I found strange was how, in the Dreamcast version of Sonic Adventure, Sonic's Saturn model in used in Sky Chase Zone Act 1 and not in Act 2.

They must have literally forgotton they used the wrong model in the game. But it's weird because at the end of the level his model changes back to his Dreamcast one.

That old model was used because the SA1 was a early Dreamcast game and wasn't very optimised. It was done just to cut down on resources because most of the time the camera would have been too far away to notice.

The final cutscene of Sonic's story in Sonic Adventure.

Running through mystic ruins, then his mouth starts moving whilst the theme is playing... Is sonic SINGING his own theme song? wacko.png

Sonic and Tails' ending were I think just meant to be a throwback to the old Mega Drive endings which usually just consisted of running round a bit then posing for the camera.

But hell if it didn't look weird in an otherwise heavily story driven "realistic" (I use ther term lightly of course) game.

As for the mouth movements... I personally interpret it as Sonic and Tails talking to each other and it's just muted for effect so we can enjoy the music. I have to interpret it that way because they idea they ARE singing is just really fucking weird and makes no sense considering they only sing part of it and then stop moving their mouths while the vocals continue.

Oh it's also really stupid that we hear the first minute of each of their songs just for the songs to restart once the credits start rolling. They should have used the instrumental versions or something.

Even Tails with his little cut-scene beforehand is ruined by the stupidly lazy animation of having him literally run around in a circle like he's been controlled in-game because they couldn't be arsed to give him a proper little victory spin/dance/whatever (I assume that's what it's meant to be). Not to mention the cheering crowd continuing to cheer for an empty space for a few seconds before it fades out after Tails flies off.

God Sonic and Tails' whole endings are just completely retarded in general okay.

The final cutscene of Sonic's story in Sonic Adventure.

Running through mystic ruins, then his mouth starts moving whilst the theme is playing... Is sonic SINGING his own theme song? wacko.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Omega. He always seemed so strange and out of place. I mean everyone knows he was just thrown into Heroes to complete Team Dark but still. Also, Sonic's eyes.

garden-ec-big.jpg

That door up there. In the building with the satellite dish atop it. I recall hearing a rumor that the Egg Carrier Chao Garden had a black market planned but it didn't make the final cut. Don't know the veracity of that rumor though. Just as odd as that upper level door in Tails' Workshop that you can't enter.

• Thumbs Up 5

Dr. Eggman's Chao Garden is strange as a whole. I thought he hated animals/small creatures? Or has he been performing weird experiments on them?

Eggman tsundere for small animals confirmed...?

Also the wonderful scene in SA2 where Dr. Eggman scratches his Dr. Eggbutt.

Oh hell to it. Strangest thing I've found in a Sonic game? Eggman. The loveable fiend.

Edited by Gordon the Big Engine
  • Thumbs Up 1

Or has he been performing weird experiments on them?

Well of course. It's the same reason for why there's Chao in his Cryptic Castle in ShtH. He needs to test his doodads and chemicals out on something.

It's all a cunning ruse. As if he'd actually like those bobble-headed mutants. Please.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

Actually, it didn't backfire. Robotnik deliberately set him up like that in a bid to keep himself sharp.

True story.

• Thumbs Up 2