Awoo.

Strangest thing(s) you found in a Sonic game?

MegaMan_EXE

Speaking of SA2, if you look at the banknotes floating over the fans in the Security Hall, said banknotes have Sonic's face on them;

heresatwenty.png

That is the most awesome thing ever. xD I'll have to play through Security Hall again to see that.

People complaining about Elise kissing Sonic. Love means caring about someone or something to some degree, if she can't love an animal, why can real people have pets?
  • Thumbs Up 9

Love between humans and animals happened all the time in mythology, Ryujin was a dragon that could shapeshift into a human thus having human offspring,

• Thumbs Up 3

1. I am aware of the many forms of love, whoever said kisses "had" to be sexual?

2.no tongues

3.I do agree with some taboos being all bad, but some don't go into technicalities thus I look for the good AND bad situations regardless of how unlikely the good versions of the taboos are to occur

Now, lets stay on topic.

Edited by Galaxy Class Evil Genius

Fact is, Sonic isn't an animal like animals in real life are. Elise didn't love Sonic like a pet. She loved him like a person, which he is. It's completely reasonable. However Sonic Team were numpties to not think people would disagree and be bothered by it.

• Thumbs Up 8

Back to other oddities, Metal Sonic having red eyes that look like Xs when his foot was stomped on by a character in Sonic The Fighters, thought it was kinda funny though.

Back to other oddities, Metal Sonic having red eyes that look like Xs when his foot was stomped on by a character in Sonic The Fighters, thought it was kinda funny though.

Actually, his eyes display the word "DAMAGED" XD

Anyways, Sonic's favourite thing in the world may not be running....but Chili Dogs! According to the official Japanese Sonic Advance 3 Strategy Guide;

sa3s.jpg

Bottom bullet point reads; 好きなもの... チリドッグ ("Sukinamono...Chiri Doggu"). This literally translates to "Favourite thing(s)...Chili Dog"

Though I find it perhaps a little hard to believe the notion that Sonic likes Chili Dog's more than running, it makes sense that it's one of his absolute favourite things considering the efforts he went to to save those Chili Dogs in the SatBK intro and his Big No at losing one of them.

Edited by Verte
  • Thumbs Up 2

Actually, his eyes display the word "DAMAGED" XD

Anyways, Sonic's favourite thing in the world may not be running....but Chili Dogs! According to the official Japanese Sonic Advance 3 Strategy Guide;

sa3s.jpg

Bottom bullet point reads; 好きなもの... チリドッグ ("Sukinamono...Chiri Doggu"). This literally translates to "Favourite thing(s)...Chili Dog"

Though I find it perhaps a little hard to believe the notion that Sonic likes Chili Dog's more than running, it makes sense that it's one of his absolute favourite things considering the efforts he went to to save those Chili Dogs in the SatBK intro and his Big No at losing one of them.

So Sonic Unleashed wasn't the first Sonic game to officially introduce chili dogs as Sonic's favorite food then...

Phantasy Star Online related items in Meteor Herd/Mad Space. Either one, it's been a while.

Edited by Kokonoe

^ Why hello Kokonoe. Welcome to the forums.

There were PSO references in SA2? Then again, I don't know that franchise, so eh.

^ Why hello Kokonoe. Welcome to the forums.

There were PSO references in SA2? Then again, I don't know that franchise, so eh.

PSO and SA2 both reference each other a fair bit. In addition to what was said above, when Sonic, Knuckles and Tails show up in PSO they use their SA2 models (sans SOAP shoes). And in the Gamecube versions, the only way to get a Tails Chao is through PSO.

• Thumbs Up 1

The strangest thing I have seen in a Sonic game of late is the extra life glitch in the Sonic CD 2011 (PSN) re-release. If this extra life glitch was meant to be in the game then I am very suprised.

So what I am talking about? Well first of all in Sonic CD 2011 if you collect 100 rings, 200 or 300 rings then you get an extra life (well durrr). In the mega drive/genesis games (Sonic 1,2,3) you always got an extra life when you collected 100 or 200 rings but not if you collected 300. So Christian Whitehead must have been feeling generous. You know rewarding exploration. Anyway I digress.

The extra life glitch happens in the following scenario:

If you have collected between 100 to 199 rings (as Sonic or Tails) and completed a time travel to the past, present, good future or bad future, as soon as you collect another ring (in the new time zone) you will gain an additional extra life! Obviously if you had 199 rings when you travelled you would get one extra life (as soon as you collect a ring) for getting 200 rings and another extra life for the glitch I am talking about.

If you had between 200 to 299 rings when you time travelled you will gain two extras lives as soon as you collect a ring in the new time period. If you have over 300 rings when you time travel (300 to 999) you will gain 3 extra lives. Sounds utterly bizarre doesn't it? but I promise you it happens everytime (at least on my PSN version of Sonic CD 2011).

It doesn't matter how many times you time travel throughout the level, as long as you have over 100 rings (you will not gain an addiitonal extra life if you are time travelling with less that 100 rings i.e 0 to 99 rings) you will keep getting these extra lives. With this strange glitch I have managed to finish Palmtree Panic Zone 3 with 54 lives. The most lives I have achieved on a playthrough (as Tails) is 253 lives.

On a normal playthrough if the glitch did not exist, the maximum lives you could obtain would be about 100.

Sorry if this explanation is confusing.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

WHAT!!! Let's burn him because he gived us ability to gain more extra lifes!!! angry.png

I understand what you're saying, and all I've got to add to that is THAT'S. A. LOT. OF. LIVES.

One strange thing to me is how Sonic can stand up with those skinny legs, let alone crash and defeat bots and bosses.

Speaking of SA2, if you look at the banknotes floating over the fans in the Security Hall, said banknotes have Sonic's face on them;

heresatwenty.png

Edited by BlueBlurMe

What I find even more stupid is that Sega decided to keep classic sonic mute because "that's the way he was in the genesis games". The hell? Tails and Eggy couldn't speak in the genesis games either yet they are perfectly capable of speaking in generations. Something's telling me Sega must have caved in to the fanbase on this one.

Edited by BlueBlurMe

Another weird thing. ALL of the male hedgehogs' names start with S. Sonic, Shadow, Silver, even Scourge for Pete's sake.

Edited by BlueBlurMe

Red Mountain: Like mentioned earlier those ghostly prisoners, but what I find even stranger is that behind one cell, there's an electric chair. Strewn around the level are also tombstones. Red Mountain may have been a prison at one point, but considering that Angel Island is in the sky, just when and how?

Ice Cap(Sonic Adventure): At the end of the stage, there are some balloons and in the background there's what appears to be some buildings(perhaps a resort?). Just what are people and those buildings doing there, anyway?

• Thumbs Up 1

....In Sonic Adventure 1, In the scene wehre Sonic falls into the beach...when he is talking...his eye rotates 360 degrees vertically...Here's a video of it--scared the brave out of me.

@3:10

• Thumbs Up 4

....In Sonic Adventure 1, In the scene wehre Sonic falls into the beach...when he is talking...his eye rotates 360 degrees vertically...Here's a video of it--scared the brave out of me.

@3:10

He's a slot machine.

• Thumbs Up 4

Red Mountain: Like mentioned earlier those ghostly prisoners, but what I find even stranger is that behind one cell, there's an electric chair. Strewn around the level are also tombstones. Red Mountain may have been a prison at one point, but considering that Angel Island is in the sky, just when and how?

Ice Cap(Sonic Adventure): At the end of the stage, there are some balloons and in the background there's what appears to be some buildings(perhaps a resort?). Just what are people and those buildings doing there, anyway?

This

It gives off an eerie vibe when you stand and look at them, at first they look like bopping pieces of paper but when you get close to them, they're people/ghosts... when you think about it, it's quite dark for a game aimed at kids, something about the music too from Red Mountains outer music being all happy and fun, but inside its slowed down to a grueling screech and honestly sounds like music associated with death, at least to me it does.

and those giant spiders.. like i'm not kidding GIANT spiders, almost the size of Sonic himself just prancing around in the hundreds, maybe the prisoners where eaten by the spiders? :P

doesn't the Lava level rise as well? i'm pretty sure it consumes the prisoners without giving a fuck lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

The series had fourth wall breaking in early games, none from SA1-Unleashed, then when Colors comes, Sonic returns to fourth wall breaking by talking to YOU.

Edited by World Class Knuckle-Head