Awoo.

Strangest thing(s) you found in a Sonic game?

MegaMan_EXE

Thanks, I love how this is always the reaction these days when I post because of how little I visit. Makes me feel loved. ^^ I really should be more of a regular, just have so much stuff to do IRL you know... Real life sucks.

Anyway, to be a bit on-topic.

I was kind of freaked out when Mephiles

killed Sonic

to be honest. Was pretty ballsy of them to actually have him do that, even if the scene sucked.

I always knew they'd kill of the hedgehog at sometime.cool.png Joking of course.

Oh God yes. You've gotta wonder what went through the artists mind when they were spriting that.

tailsass.png

Seriously, WTF!?

I could not believe this when I heard it. Couldn't quite believe it when I saw it for myself.

Sorta adding onto this and sorta not, but I'm pretty sure in Sonic Adventure 2 (not battle) when you go into one of the chao gardens as Tails you can see a little speck that looks like it's supposed to be his butt when you stand him next to a wall and make him fly. You have to turn the camera angle towards the wall, making it zoom in, I think it only worked in the dark garden around where the cage is though. It's something I found years ago and seeing this reminded me of it. I don't have any screenshots to prove it though.

The true ending of Sonic Advance 1. After defeating Eggman in the X-zone, Eggman retreats to the moon. Sonic transforms into the super state and pursues.

The fact that both reach the moon, something that is a quarter of a million miles away, in just a few moments is remarkable.

Super Sonic defeats this huge robot in what is actually one of my favorite super form battles.

However, after the robot is defeated, Sonic's friends look at the moon wondering what has become of Sonic.

The screen then says 'A few days later'... and then Tails spots Sonic flying around in the Super form. Happy ending for everyone, right?

But... 'a few days later' ?? Why a few days later? In all other games, Sonic could maintain the super state for a relatively short period of time, but here he maintains it for days.

Furthermore, did it take him a really long time to get back to earth? Was he trying to save energy?

Or possibly, he was able to get to Earth quickly and just felt like playing around with the Super Form for a few days while hiding from his friends, but that does not sound like Sonic. The whole thing is odd.

I could get into the strangness of the ending of Advance 2, but I'll save that for later.

This is both what I've seen and heard.

Remember playing Twinkle Park as Amy Rose in Sonic Adventure?

Do you remember that mirror room?

I remember that room but the music was darn right creepy.

I still get chills today.

• Thumbs Up 6

Went ahead and fired up Dolphin so I could screenshot those PSO related items. I believe there is one more I couldn't seem to find. (The red one)

jUG7uO6k1JI6E.png

jqlqJaCC35Dbo.png

Edited by Kokonoe
  • Thumbs Up 1

The true ending of Sonic Advance 1. After defeating Eggman in the X-zone, Eggman retreats to the moon. Sonic transforms into the super state and pursues.

The fact that both reach the moon, something that is a quarter of a million miles away, in just a few moments is remarkable.

Super Sonic defeats this huge robot in what is actually one of my favorite super form battles.

However, after the robot is defeated, Sonic's friends look at the moon wondering what has become of Sonic.

The screen then says 'A few days later'... and then Tails spots Sonic flying around in the Super form. Happy ending for everyone, right?

But... 'a few days later' ?? Why a few days later? In all other games, Sonic could maintain the super state for a relatively short period of time, but here he maintains it for days.

Furthermore, did it take him a really long time to get back to earth? Was he trying to save energy?

Or possibly, he was able to get to Earth quickly and just felt like playing around with the Super Form for a few days while hiding from his friends, but that does not sound like Sonic. The whole thing is odd.

I could get into the strangness of the ending of Advance 2, but I'll save that for later.

Regular Show has taught us that time moves faster in space.

Sonic06FAIL.png

Cutscene animation doesn't get much weirder than this.

Edited by KatamariParadox
  • Thumbs Up 1

How about this?

soniccolourslongleg.jpg

Sonic didn't truly have every property of the Werehog form taken from him it seems....

• Thumbs Up 8

Sonic06FAIL.png

Cutscene animation doesn't get much weirder than this.

• Thumbs Up 2

Something I noticed when playing Crisis City Act 2. Near the start of the 2D section, just past the very first stomp platform, there are some traffic cones in the background. HOW DID THEY SURVIVE THE APOCALYPSE? Same with the balloons in the Power Stomp Mission. Maybe it's their sense of humour again? I mean the balloons are in many missions and aren't a level specific object, but the traffic cones are just hilarious. Another reason why Crisis City Act 2 is amazing, I guess.

I find it really weird that most orcas (short of those in Generations Seaside Hill) seem to either totally hate Sonic or think spiky hedgehog would make a good meal. (And that they smash wooden bridges with their heads just to get him too.)

That Skeleton dude in Mystic Mansion in Heroes. He peeks from behind doors and such and vanishes when you get too close to him.

And speaking of Mystic Mansion, I find it slightly eerie how shadow's of window bars on walls when lightning flashes depict a skull yet the window itself has no skull decor on it when you pan the camera to look at it;

Tsonic_win_2011-10-21_12-38-56-14.png

I recall finding this scene pretty drastic when I first saw it.[media=]

. He's ripping the horns off that poor monster.... and jokes about it.... Then there's the ending as well. He beats the snot outta Alf Layla Wa Layla with his bare hands! Yeah this all cool and all but it seems just a wee bit OOC. The again the Werehog takes this even further as he downright pulverizes his enemies. Course we can say in both cases he was exposed to negative energy sources but YIKES! Heck with Shadow, don't tick Sonic off!
  • Thumbs Up 3

^Well, TBF, the horns were the only way to do actual damage to Captain Behemoth and I didn't really take Sonic's comment about "Hey, cheer up. The horns will grow back, eventually" as malicious or cruel in any way.

Plus, there were a couple of good reasons to fight Behemoth because he had a World Ring which was for:

1.Using it's storm-summoning power to weaken the Ifrit so it couldn't burn any remaining pages of the Arabian Nights.

2.It was mandatory to obtain all the World Rings so he couldn't die from a Flaming Arrow to the chest.

Edited by DarkLightDragon
  • Thumbs Up 4

Speaking of strange things...what were the Metal Sonic holograms for?

Scaring the animals away.

• Thumbs Up 1

This boss in S&K

Just felt like the most sinister boss to me for some reason. I was scared of it as a kid XD. Oh, and Sonic's bad mouth animations in Adventure (already mentioned but nm). Also how his eyebrow area did weird movements whenever he would talk!

southisland.png

Yeah....I'm not sure where zones like Star Light Zone and Spring Yard Zone are supposed to fit on that there South Island. And what about Zones from the other Game Gear/Master System games that are stated to take place on South Island?

Yeah, South Island's gotta be huge... Angel Island too if you think about it. It doesn't look very big in Sonic Adventure's cutscenes when it is seen falling. How do they fit all those different zones on it?

The transition from zone to zone is also really weird. In most games it's hardly understandable how Sonic gets from one place to another. Sonic Heroes is probably the weirdest... They get from a zone with canyons directly to a place with jungles and swaps and somewhere in there a huge spooked castle is hiding. huh.png

Talking of Sonic Heroes... Team Rose's team blast certainly is a strange thing. How does it even kill anything?

That Skeleton dude in Mystic Mansion in Heroes. He peeks from behind doors and such and vanishes when you get too close to him.

I went fast enough so that I could look behind the door before it went away, and they really do just disappear off of the screen. O.O

Yeah, South Island's gotta be huge... Angel Island too if you think about it. It doesn't look very big in Sonic Adventure's cutscenes when it is seen falling. How do they fit all those different zones on it?

The transition from zone to zone is also really weird. In most games it's hardly understandable how Sonic gets from one place to another. Sonic Heroes is probably the weirdest... They get from a zone with canyons directly to a place with jungles and swaps and somewhere in there a huge spooked castle is hiding. huh.png

I always wondered about that. Also how they transitioned between those places in a couple of hours.

Talking of Sonic Heroes... Team Rose's team blast certainly is a strange thing. How does it even kill anything?

FLOWER POWER

And speaking of Mystic Mansion, I find it slightly eerie how shadow's of window bars on walls when lightning flashes depict a skull yet the window itself has no skull decor on it when you pan the camera to look at it;

Also speaking of Mystic Mansion, if I remember right, the floor in the first room (possibly others) is a tessellation of skulls and bats, and it switches the emphasis on them depending on how far away you are. Like, it'll fade out the eyes of the skulls if you're too far (or too close? I forget which way) so it looks like just bats.

I've got a lot of reasons to hate Heroes but Mystic Mansion had some neat little things.

Though the "switches" are lazy as fuck.

I always wondered about that. Also how they transitioned between those places in a couple of hours.

They're fast like that. cool.png

There are weird things about reaching goal as well. In Metal Harbor, Sonic usually runs himself off the platform into the water after passing the goal ring. Yay, I reached the goal, but unfortunately Sonic drowned himself immediately afterwards. In Sky Rail it doesn't matter if Shadow falls to his death after hitting the goal ring either. You can die as often as you want after reaching the goal.

Sonic 06 also got a very interesting policy for reaching goals. Apparently it isn't even important at all if the hedgehog reaching the goal is alive. I once had it in Crisis City that I was killed by a flying car at the end of the mach speed section, shortly before the goal. Sonic screamed, died, tumbled head over heels onwards like he always does in these parts (somehow the stage is accelerated around Sonic and not Sonic through the stage)... and the dead hedgehog body hit the goal ring. The result screen popped up and a jolly Sonic was standing there celebrating the A rank he got for that. Sonic the Zombie. Yeah, that really weirded me out. And it was hilarious.biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 5

Sonic's expressions in Sonic Free riders, anything other than the happy ones anyway, I found them to be generally rather inappropriate to the situation and very exaggerated, I think some of Tails's looked a bit awkward too, a bit 'derped' but not as exaggerated as Sonic's

This is also off-model, the center part of the brow should always be prominent, not forgetting the fact he looks like he might pee himself.

362px-Sonic_5.png

Exhausted? Depressed? Poor lad looks in a pretty bad way, don't remember this being an appropriate expression either.

258px-Sonic_4.png

This was implemented as an annoyed/facepalm expression, but looks more like he's saying "oww my head."

480px-500px-sonic-free-riders-12.png

Edited by Mysterics
  • Thumbs Up 6