Awoo.

Strangest thing(s) you found in a Sonic game?

MegaMan_EXE

Sonic and Tails' victory animations are awesome, even though in hindsight, I have no idea what it is they're actually doing.

No doubt they look like cool poses, but yeah, it's up to debate just what they're doing.

Also about the mouth movements.. I remember when I was younger and my friend tried to "prove" to me that Mario was better than Sonic (back in the console war days). He shown me how Sonic's mouth moved in SA1 and then said that Mario was "better because he didn't make as stupid of faces when talking". Too bad he didn't realize that around that point in time, Mario almost never talked, and when he did his mouth didn't move. =p

• Thumbs Up 1

I've never fully understood why people (jokingly or otherwise) are frightened by the Tails Doll.

Either way its pretty pathetic.

• Thumbs Up 4

I've never fully understood why people (jokingly or otherwise) are frightened by the Tails Doll.

Either way its pretty pathetic.

Its the eyes...they're soulless.

• Thumbs Up 2

Does Hatsun the Pigeon count as a strange thing? I mean, it's just there to say "coo" and you never see it again.

Edited by Torcano Havoc
  • Thumbs Up 8

Robotnik saving Sonic from drowning and being burnt alive in the lava just before the first boss of Sonic 2 game gear. Does Robotnik like being defeated by Sonic?

• Thumbs Up 5

When Unleashed puts up invisible walls to stop you from backtracking, if you run into them they've got a ripply effect. Considering there's rarely any reason to go backwards, and that it only draws unnecessary attention to something that's kind of nonsensical and "gamey", I can't imagine why they added it.

• Thumbs Up 2

The choice to go with a mute classic Sonic, maybe to not have angry fans over voice actor choice, and they were lucky enough to not really have a need to give him dialogue in the game, but he did talk in Sonic CD... even if it was the cute little "yeah!" whenever he jumped on a bouncy thing.

Robotnik saving Sonic from drowning and being burnt alive in the lava just before the first boss of Sonic 2 game gear. Does Robotnik like being defeated by Sonic?

Nah, he just wants to be the one to bump off Sonic. He's that much of an egotist, after all.

Anyway, one of the stranger things I've found in a Sonic game is the option to have Sonic... "rap" with Def Big in a sidequest in Sonic Unleashed. Perhaps it's a bit more low-key than most of the examples presented here, but really, now... Sonic the Hedgehog? Rapping?

• Thumbs Up 3

As discussed in another topic, Eggman isn't that kind of villian. He is so passionate about Sonic's defeat that I doubt he would accept it to be from anything other than his own hand. Sonic doesn't deserve to just die in a lava pit. He deserves to be humiliated by being bonked on the head with a rock while running from Eggman's wonderful new doodlebug mecha.

When Unleashed puts up invisible walls to stop you from backtracking, if you run into them they've got a ripply effect. Considering there's rarely any reason to go backwards, and that it only draws unnecessary attention to something that's kind of nonsensical and "gamey", I can't imagine why they added it.

Huh, I don't recall ever seeing this. Sonic Colours on the flipside annoyed me by doing this ALL THE TIME when I was searching for Red Rings.

Those weird small objects that you can pick up and throw in SA2's levels. I never really got why they were there.

• Thumbs Up 9

Those weird small objects that you can pick up and throw in SA2's levels. I never really got why they were there.

Those objects you can pick up in Rouge's Mad Space were actually items from Phantasy Star Online. Just put there as a nod me thinks. Some objects did contain small animals if you picked them up though.

• Thumbs Up 5

Sonic is a film director? At 15 years old? A Chao is the main protagonist? The Death Egg Robot is the main antagonist? Tikal needs to be found? Lead roles going to people from other dimensions/the future? OMGA? SADOW? EMY? WVE?

What was Sonic smoking when he directed this film?

Why, speed, of course.

• Thumbs Up 8

I think it's strange that Tails has 2 tails.

No, really, why does he have 2 tails? He could have only 1 tail and still fly with it ala Conker the Squirrel... so what was the point in giving him 2 tails?

I mean, I know that it's what makes him unique, but... why does he have 2 tails?!

I've been wondering this for 20 years now...

If he has two tails, does he have two butts too?!dry.png

j/klaugh.png

• Thumbs Up 1

And they brought the stupid invisible walls back in Colors, too. It doesn't help when you want to go back to get a Red Ring you accidentally passed.

When you give a Chao an animal, it absorbs it's esscence and leaves the animal as a hollow, unmoving corpse.

Quite creepy actually.

Nope, the animal still jumps around and lives a merry life, merely short of sparkles.

This is an odd one but I really can't unsee that rather dodgy looking pixel on Tails' butt in the Sonic Advance 3 intro. 8C

• Thumbs Up 6

This is an odd one but I really can't unsee that rather dodgy looking pixel on Tails' butt in the Sonic Advance 3 intro. 8C

Oh God yes. You've gotta wonder what went through the artists mind when they were spriting that.

tailsass.png

Seriously, WTF!?

I could not believe this when I heard it. Couldn't quite believe it when I saw it for myself.

Edited by Verte
  • Thumbs Up 1