Awoo.

Strangest thing(s) you found in a Sonic game?

MegaMan_EXE

In Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, Dr. Eggman sends Team Sonic 200 years into the future. The trio phase in through a time portal, which is in the air. Knuckles, who can glide through the air and land safely via catching air in his dreadlocks, falls and smashes his head. Tails, who can fly by using his two tails like a helicopter, falls right on his ass. Sonic, who can run fast, lands on his feet like a badass. Sonic 06 logic...

• Thumbs Up 3

It's also weird how Knuckles gets like 15 seconds in EotW and Silver gets 2 minutes, such poor pacing.

Night_babylon2.png

It's strange how Dr Eggman moves into a seedy part of the city in a building shaped like his own head yet no one takes notice of it at all. And is it just me or does that Night Show ad on the Theater feature Eggman?

Also

Map_emerald_town.png

Tails has questionable tastes in house design.

• Thumbs Up 2

Night_babylon2.png

It's strange how Dr Eggman moves into a seedy part of the city in a building shaped like his own head yet no one takes notice of it at all. And is it just me or does that Night Show ad on the Theater feature Eggman?

Also

Map_emerald_town.png

Tails has questionable tastes in house design.

Sonic Battle was kind of OoC for Tails in that regard. He's supposed to be this kid learning to have more pride in himself yet had enough ego to make his house look like his head? I think his recurring logo would be identity enough for him.

It's not just you, that sign defiantly features him!

Does he do stage acting in his spare time when not planning and attempting to take over the world? :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

Tails plays both Cannon's Core and End of the World first. Rouge's segment of both levels is third from last. The last segment is played by the character who plays in the most Sonic-like fashion (CC has Sonic himself, EotW has Shadow). The first and last segments may be intentional, but I thought it was odd considering it doesn't fucking matter anyway. It's also weird how Knuckles gets like 15 seconds in EotW and Silver gets 2 minutes, such poor pacing.

I think the logic behind Tails being first would simply be that they need to use an important character for the first one but not so important they deserve final gameplay. Eggman's levels also tend to be harder than Tails' so makes sense for him to go second. Knux gets the difficult swimming section presumebly due to the air necklace, and goes 4th because the swimming is hurder than the normal gameplay.

As for End of the World... well it kinda makes sense SIlver would get a longer section anyways since he's a main character for the game and Knuckles isn't. But yeah both Knux and Rouge's sections are piss-easy due to their gliding. And yet they give them two of the most open levels... lol.

Also this is a random note but I wish Shadow's act started from the very beginning. It's already nice as it is, but it would have solidified the idea of bookending the experience by having the final section be what most people played first of the game (thanks to the demo).

Also I like how Sonic confronts Eggman in his Egg Carrier when saving Elise after Aquatic Base, and then presumably the two of them calmly strolled outside into the battle arena where Eggman got in the Wyvern and Sonic got on the platforms tongue.png

Lol I'm guessing they REALLY ran out of cut-scene budget there. I also wonder if there was ever meant to be a level set inside the Egg Carrier just for Sonic.

Also the lack of moustache on that Night Show thing makes me think Egg Pawn. Or should I say... EGG POR-*hooked off-stage*

• Thumbs Up 1

Thinking of Tails, and implied ego, Tails has a /spaceship/ in his vague likeness in Sonic the fighters (there's also the little question of 'why?' but for an arcade game I guess it's do-able.)

Also the lack of moustache on that Night Show thing makes me think Egg Pawn. Or should I say... EGG POR-*hooked off-stage*

Well...Eggman does sell robots here and there in Sonic Battle. Specifically the guard robo's to the central library and bars. So is it farfetched to think that he sold Egg Pawn's to that theater for their shows?

Speaking of Battle, something I found strange was either Sonic is being a total douchebag to Tails or Tails is a wimp, I can't tell because every time Sonic says something, even something quite decent, Tails gets really sad. What?

Speaking of Battle, something I found strange was either Sonic is being a total douchebag to Tails or Tails is a wimp, I can't tell because every time Sonic says something, even something quite decent, Tails gets really sad. What?

It's poor use of the character portraits, really.

Yeah, I think the sad face is also supposed to be used for general concern. Like Sonic says something overconfident and Tails is all "don't be so cocky", or whatevs they use the "sad" one.

It's not really THAT out of character. Tails tends to make "sad" eyelids fairly often when just concerned or worried, even in a lighthearted way. I'm sure he does it a lot in Colours too.

One thing I find strange is how Big the cat is hidden in almost every level and cutscene in Sonic Adventure 2 on Dreamcast; sometimes in dire situations, such as being chased by the GUN truck or mangled in some machine. Being a kid at the time, I thought it was pretty horrific.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Strangest thing I have ever seen in a Sonic game is in SADX when you choose to play as Amy she dances and you can see her panties.

Hmm:

* Eggman having no eyes on classic era boxes

* Rouge not being playable in the olympics, while Silver is

* Many of the early comics stories

* The cartoony sound effect that plays when Sonic falls from a plane in SA1

* Rouge's complete absence from Secret Rings

* Rouge only being a sticker in SSBB

Hmm:

* Rouge's complete absence from Secret Rings

It's not THAT strange. Only Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Eggman we're in secret rings.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not THAT strange. Only Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Eggman we're in secret rings.

And Blaze, Silver, Amy and Cream and Shadow.

The endings of Sonic Advance 2. In Sonic Advance 1 and in Sonic 2, after the final boss, the characters are free-falling until they are saved from doom from a skilled pilot and an airplane. Unless you're playing as Sonic with all the emeralds...then the ending becomes even stranger, but I've already talked about that in this thread.

However, in Sonic Advance 2, all the characters just fall from an incredible height and just land on the ground. Did the characters toughen up or just learn to feather fall?

With the extra final boss, Eggman decides to kidpan Cream's mother and a bunch of birds....why? What purpose would that serve? Was he just feeling really spiteful? Considering that his station was blown up...yes, I could understand why he could feel spiteful. Targeting Vanilla (Cream's mom) is an odd choice though. I guess she was the best canidate for being the lady in distress.

After defeating the extra final boss, Super Sonic tries to keep the capsule from falling to fast. The capsule eventually bursts open and knocks Sonic out of his super state. For some reason, the birds are different colors now.

Not to mention, using chaos control could have made things a lot easier, but Sonic does not seem to like using it, even when it is a perfectly viable option. Like in Unleashed, Chip is being pounded on by Dark Gaia. But instead of using Chaos Control, Sonic decides to defeat the tentacles that are creating the shield.

Anyway, after the capsule bursts open, out comes Vanilla and she is falling. Sonic tries to grab her hand and just barely manages to do so....but, what difference does that make? Wouldn't they fall just as fast whether or not Sonic has her hand? I guess Sonic and Co. do have a feather fall ability and it was learned between Advance 1 and Advance 2. So, I guess an airplane won't be needed anymore to save falling characters who have finished blowing up space stations.

Why doesen't Vanilla have a feather fall ability then? Perhaps it's because she does not do the adventuring and running around like the others do.

Don't get me wrong; I love the advance games, but the endings of them are highly illogical, but Sonic games are not known for their logic. Like in Sonic Heroes, where Vector and Co. waste time finding five keys in final fortress...only to proceed to smash the door down and not even bother with the keys.

Tails wondering why the self destruction switch self destruced after pressing down on it in with Team Sonic in Final Fortress.

• Thumbs Up 2

Tails wondering why the self destruction switch self destruced after pressing down on it in with Team Sonic in Final Fortress.

He's wondering why Eggman would bother making them?

The swastika symbols in Unleashed, I know they're part of history but Sega should have been more careful. Lucky it was patched xD

The swastika symbols in Unleashed, I know they're part of history but Sega should have been more careful. Lucky it was patched xD

Wait what? I never saw that, even before the patch.