Awoo.

Strangest thing(s) you found in a Sonic game?

MegaMan_EXE

....You know, I had the idea for a scenario where Eggman uses the satellite to draw some energy from somewhere to mutate the Chao into Chaos-like beings so he could have an army of Perfect Chaoses.

But Piplup's scenario is way better. =3

On the topic of Chaos, I've heard that he is a mutated Chao and became their guardian.

I wonder what mutated him? Was it the emeralds? Master Emerald? A bad chilli-dog?

It was once an innocent little Chao named Timmy, but poor Timmy fell down into the well and was stuck in there for too long. And the water in the well happened to be the original resting spot of what would be later called the Chaos Emeralds. He got too close to them, power incontinence ensued, and thus, we get Chaos.

I don't know, some shit like that.

....You know, I had the idea for a scenario where Eggman uses the satellite to draw some energy from somewhere to mutate the Chao into Chaos-like beings so he could have an army of Perfect Chaoses.

But Piplup's scenario is way better. =3

Now that's an idea I can get behind... provided he learned his lesson and mechanized them ala Time Eater of course.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

That door up there. In the building with the satellite dish atop it. I recall hearing a rumor that the Egg Carrier Chao Garden had a black market planned but it didn't make the final cut. Don't know the veracity of that rumor though. Just as odd as that upper level door in Tails' Workshop that you can't enter.
I dunno why unopenable doors always end up being big mysteries.

I mean, I kind of get it. Doors are made to be opened, and (especially when they look like ones that can be) players will want to open them. And there have been cases where a blocked-off door was connected to something (finished or otherwise), so there is some precedent. But why can't it just be a decoration? Or a necessity for things that exist in-universe, but have no purpose in-game and thus do not physically exist? Tails isn't going to sleep in the garage, so they give his house a bedroom, but because Tails' bedroom has nothing to do with anything they just imply its existence with a door that doesn't do anything. The door in the Egg Carrier garden theoretically leads to the control room for the satellite dish or whatever, but it's just a decoration so there's nothing inside.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah it's kind of bad design on the developer's part though. It's like... game design 101 that interactable things should look one way and non-interactable things should look another. If the door on the building in the chao garden had just been a texture rather than 3D model, or, hell, just simply different looking from the openable doors, we wouldn't have minded. Even Tails' lab suffers the problem, since the downstairs door looks the same and IS openable.

If you teach the player that metal doors with eggman eyes on top usually open, the player will expect there to be a way to open every one. And just to add special offence, indeed, some eggman doors do only open under certain conditions, so players will get extra frustrated convinced there must be some condition to open each seemingly unopenable door.

• Thumbs Up 4

Now that's an idea I can get behind... provided he learned his lesson and mechanized them ala Time Eater of course.

...Now I want to write fan fiction for this....

• Thumbs Up 1

One really odd thing I found was the presence of a Sonic Spinball song in Generations. Spinball had Sally Acorn in it. Could it be that Sally is a canon character?

One really odd thing I found was the presence of a Sonic Spinball song in Generations. Spinball had Sally Acorn in it. Could it be that Sally is a canon character?

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 6

Another one is the giant badniks in that one Knuckles mission with Super Sonic Racing playing. They are just so huge for no reason, but it's awesome at the same time. I also like those giant Choppers in Green Hill and especially in Seaside Hill.

It all makes sense now....

The Egg Carrier Chao Garden in SA was a site for Robotnik's Chao that were used for experiments. After his Egg Carrier 2 (clever) was blown up by Perfect Chaos, he set out to take down Sonic a different way.

He went through many tests and experiments to figure everything out. Sooner or later, he copied the structural design and body of a Chao and created an annoying robot that would stalk Sonic and friends throughout every level of the next adventure. Watching.... waiting...

Little did he know his plan would ultimately backfire and would end up stalking Robotnik himself as well...

tumblr_m6od6qJGBK1ruc976o2_400.png

Except Omochao was already in SA1...

This thread is still going? Huh... I didn't know that this would be a successful thread. :P

Anyway, I know this was pointed out, but if the characters were to jump on several springs at once at fast speeds, wouldn't their spinal cords/spines fly out?

Except Omochao was already in SA1...

...No he wasn't.

In SA1, the obligatory assistance came from the Tikal orbs. Omochao debuted in SA2, even introducing himself with "Hi! I'm Omochao! I'm here to spy on you for our lord and master Eggman help you!"

Edited by Dr. Crusher

On the topic of Chaos, I've heard that he is a mutated Chao and became their guardian.

I wonder what mutated him? Was it the emeralds? Master Emerald? A bad chilli-dog?

When Black Doom visited earth thousands of years ago and set up those ruins, his soldiers left their mark on the trait absorbing chao gene pool. Thus, Black doom invented chao gardening.

Whilst it's not strictly from a Sonic game, I did notice this the other day...

just_and_observation____by_twonions-d5g1y36.png

Anyone else getting this?

That'd be cool if they didn't only have the "spines" in common. :|

Obviously. Just like there being like 10 chaos emeralds, all of them blue, being canon. And Eggman being about 5 times the size of Sonic being canon.

(Actually to be pinickity about it, the SatAM cameos only appeared on the bonus stages, which were presented as being ACTUAL pinball machines that Sonic himself was playing).

• Thumbs Up 1

Obviously. Just like there being like 10 chaos emeralds, all of them blue, being canon. And Eggman being about 5 times the size of Sonic being canon.

(Actually to be pinickity about it, the SatAM cameos only appeared on the bonus stages, which were presented as being ACTUAL pinball machines that Sonic himself was playing).

You could see Sonic playing the pinball machines-bonus levels in the reflection of the windows. Sonic was technically about 10 times the size of the SatAM characters.

Edited by NightwingFox

I don't know if this counts, but when Amy said, "Oh My God" in Final Fortress of Sonic Heroes, I was rather shocked. I didn't know that was allowed.

If Ulala is from almost 500 years into the future, how can she show up in Sonic Riders?

Heck, how can Silver show up in Sonic Riders? Seriously, they should make more strict rules about time travel in Sonic's world.

If Ulala is from almost 500 years into the future, how can she show up in Sonic Riders?

Heck, how can Silver show up in Sonic Riders? Seriously, they should make more strict rules about time travel in Sonic's world.

Completely ignoring the cross-dimensional escapades of Blaze and NiGHTS.

Fuck, NiGHTS came back from the GODDAMN GRAVE to race with Sonic and friends in Zero Gravity.

• Thumbs Up 1

Completely ignoring the cross-dimensional escapades of Blaze and NiGHTS.

Fuck, NiGHTS came back from the GODDAMN GRAVE to race with Sonic and friends in Zero Gravity.

Segaaaa, you've got some 'splaining to do! Your plot holes are showing!

• Thumbs Up 3