Awoo.

Strangest thing(s) you found in a Sonic game?

MegaMan_EXE

Eggman and the master Emerald

In Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Eggman steals the Master Emerald and uses it to great effect. He uses it to power up the death egg and of the biggest robots he has ever created.

But in Sonic Adventure 2, Eggman shows up to steal the Master Emerald, and says, "I'm I'm not mistaken, this is the Master Emerald. Well, I guess I can use it for something. Farewell, Knucklehead."

??

This statement makes no sense. How could Eggman fail to recognize the Master Emerald after what happend in Sonic 3 and Knuckles? Of course he can use it for something. Among other things, he used it to power the entire Death Egg!

Possible explanations: Eggman was just feeling oddly sarcastic, or he has just completly forgotten about the events of Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

On another note, what became of the Death Egg? We never see it completly destroyed. Shame. Oh well. I do like the Death Egg mark II in Sonic 4.

You know thinking more about it, when Sonic defeats the giant robot at the end of the game, and then proceeds to chase Eggman's craft holding the Master Emerald, the platform is continually falling and the scenery is covered with small explosions. Yeah, that probably means the entire Death Egg is toast.

Edited by DarkDefeater

In SA2, Shadow rushes to save Rouge and has 10 minutes to get through White Jungle and defeat Sonic. When you defeat Sonic, timers reads about 1min and 30secs, but yet Sonic is given 8 minutes to beat Green Forest, find Tail and Amy and gtfo.

• Thumbs Up 3

At about 0:51 it always looked like Chaos was singing "gotta open your heart"...

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd never played SA2 until it was re-released last week and I thought it was.....maybe not odd, but oddly considerate how the bio-lizard stops and waits for you to pick up your rings when he shoots you with those purple energy balls.

He's a nice guy.

Haha! It's to give the player break, so you don't get pummelled with attacks while you're already down. You find that sort of thing in loads of games. Almost all the enemies in Generations do a little victory dance after they successfully attack you.

• Thumbs Up 3

To me, what I found striking is that in many of the games the developers like to troll us. Look at the classics for example, we have Mystic Cave's infamous spike pit (we all know what happens if your super sonic) and the famous barel of Carnival Night. The zones had a moment were Sonic Team tricks us with the level design, and when ever thats fair is up for debate.

Odd things that happened in the Wii verson of All Stars Racing were there are many gliches in multiplayer (Grinding on the rails of the first Final Frotress track, Samba's all star messing with the camera with it locking in reverse and getting all the racers in the dance, and the Bonzi Bros. all star gliching out when it ended) and how the game is missing parts of the track such as in the first Seaside Hill track missing both the wale and pool of water when in multiplayer.

That

in Sonic Cd. Watch at your own risk, this message (along with the music) creeped me out when I was little...

Translation:

Fun Is Infinite

Sega Interprises

Majin (Satan/Devil)

Why would they do that? Are they trying to give little kids nightmares?

• Thumbs Up 3

That

in Sonic Cd. Watch at your own risk, this message (along with the music) creeped me out when I was little...

Translation:

Fun Is Infinite

Sega Interprises

Majin (Satan/Devil)

He looks like Tingle from Zelda to me. Which makes it even more disturbing.

At about 0:51 it always looked like Chaos was singing "gotta open your heart"...

Fun fact: If you listen to the radio static at that part (0:51), you can hear someone very distinctly say "Who gives a shit?"

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not really a 'strangest thing' but to this day it bugs me that we never got to see Chaos 3 or 5, I wonder if they ever actually designed those forms?

• Thumbs Up 1

Definitely the statue outside the Station Square burger shop in Sonic Adventure. When I first picked it up, I thought I activated some kind of glitch, but it turns out that it was supposed to be a statue modelled as an actual person. Still find it weird to this day.

It's also kind of strange in Sonic Generations that no one even questions the fact that there are two Sonics and they kind of just roll with it. The Time Eater may have brought in different zones from different times, but not people aside from Classic Sonic and Tails. There are some weird moments in the game when you think about it.

That TV you can win from Challenge Race in Chao World has one program that plays on it that is clearly supposed to be a soap/drama of some sort but the sounds that play are strange;

And funny XD. Funny funny gibberish.

Characters glowing when they jump and/or spin dash. Also, Shadow having a golden aura, even though his fur is black.

Characters glowing when they jump and/or spin dash. Also, Shadow having a golden aura, even though his fur is black.

I always think of that as Chaos/Sol/Time Energy (Time=Time Stones/Psychic power). It's even visible in CG Cutscenes.

The glowing auras are strange? It's just a flashy effect to emphasise their speed and make them look more ball-shaped. In the case of Shadow, his aura is golden because it looks a lot more striking that black or red. They actually did use in red Sonic '06 and it wasn't as nice. That said, I never did understand why Omega's aura was purple in Heroes (fixed to red in ShTH), and it really annoys me that Espio and Blaze have light blue auras.

That

Translation:

Fun Is Infinite

Sega Interprises

Majin (Satan/Devil)

Watching a episode of Creepy Gaming supposedly it's meant to be Sonic wearing Mario's face which is even more creepy. Did he like, rip it off and glue it to his own head ??

Speaking of Sonic CD secert pictures.

pcm04da21miyake3.png

Edited by HippyAmy

it SANIC @.@

Watching a episode of Creepy Gaming supposedly it's meant to be Sonic wearing Mario's face which is even more creepy. Did he like, rip it off and glue it to his own head ??

Speaking of Sonic CD secert pictures.

pcm04da21miyake3.png

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120723211848/fantendo/images/thumb/0/01/SANIC_HEGEHOG/460px-SANIC_HEGEHOG.jpg

Edited by Anti Alias

Definitely the statue outside the Station Square burger shop in Sonic Adventure. When I first picked it up, I thought I activated some kind of glitch, but it turns out that it was supposed to be a statue modelled as an actual person. Still find it weird to this day.

It's also kind of strange in Sonic Generations that no one even questions the fact that there are two Sonics and they kind of just roll with it. The Time Eater may have brought in different zones from different times, but not people aside from Classic Sonic and Tails. There are some weird moments in the game when you think about it.

the statue serves to take an egg chao, that is on a pedestal, you have to put the statue on the pedestal to get out of the store with the egg.

as a curiosity if you talk with a little girl tells you that the statue gives rides at night, this is a reference on Curse of the Colonel Sanders.

Actually there's an egg-shaped rock over near where Knuckles enters Speed Highway that you're supposed to use. I don't know if the statue actually works...?

Starting at 6:25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Kv17r5F_0&feature=relmfu

Sonic says "Where are you Eggman?!" When they are already in sight range.

Eggman then pulls Amy out a bush, what was she doing there? Apparently just standing there. Why does she just let Eggman handle her like that? WHYYY!?

Edited by Mysterics
  • Thumbs Up 1

Knuckles' claws change position in almost every Sonic game.

Here they are pointing outward.

140px-Shadowth_knuckles.png

And here there are pointing upward.

150px-Knuckles_27.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm more curious about Knuckles's dreadlocks constantly changing length, sometimes being really long to awkwardly short.