Awoo.

Strangest thing(s) you found in a Sonic game?

MegaMan_EXE

Maybe because since Blaze looks completely different from Sonic (taste in shoe colour aside), her enemy should look completely different from Eggman?
That's a terrible reason.

Maybe because since Blaze looks completely different from Sonic (taste in shoe colour aside), her enemy should look completely different from Eggman? Actually, I have an idea for that kind of guy, might draw it and put it on my art thread...

I don't think I like this concept of Whisker being Blaze's main adversary. Yeah he's a really cool one-shot villain but Blaze's world isn't pirate-themed. The area depicted in SRA is only a small portion of the Sol Dimension and Blaze's profile in SRA's manual implies that she's from a far-off land and is therefore not native to that part of the Sol Dimension on the sea.

Whilst Eggman Nega has a very lazy design and he's...not all that interesting, I still think he's decent as being Blaze's arch-enemy. I just don't think Whisker is really suited to that role.

I think Nega fits Silver better, especially with his Rivals backstory being his canon one. Also, it's basically the Sonic of the future fighting the Eggman of the future. At least in Rivals Nega has interesting motivation beyond "I'm Eggman's doppelganger, I'm evil (or rather eeeeviller) by default".

Whilst I don't consider Rivals canon, a game being a spin-off isn't an absolute indication of non-canonicity.

Are Blaze and Silver from the same verse? Because 06 was a train wreck that SEGA tried to wipe from the series, and Blaze didn't exactly die since she's appeared after the game...

I kind of consider Rivals to be the best thing we have for Silver canon-wise. I mean... 2006 was wiped, so it's literally the only game where Silver actually matters in a plot now.

But then I'm a weirdo who's personal headcanons allows 2006, Rush and Rivals to have all happened through convenient assumptions on stuff inbetween and behind the scenes.

(Essentially 2006 Blaze ends up existing in Sol Emerald dimension and is exempt from 2006 reset, but the effects of 2006 reset for her are that essentially she has now always lived there - Nega has ALWAYS been from the future and simply posed as Eggman's dimensional counterpart to work with him before giving up on his ascendant and trying things his own way in Rivals - that's how I like to see it, and it gives Silver some sort of role in actual canon that way).

Edited by JezMM

I don't know whether this could account for all of the modern Sonic games, but...

tumblr_mc6apwJRyZ1qdblz6o1_500.jpg

WHY ARE HIS HANDS SO BIG?? At what point did his hands become monsters? Just for the modern series because I remember his fists being pretty normal sized before the modern era, yet never did play Heroes to see the comparison.

This is easily the strangest thing I have seen in Sonic, but it is so awesome. I wish I could get the part in the video from 0:57 to 1:10 as my ringtone.

I....don't think fanmade things counts as a Sonic game that we've been referring to this entire thread. Anybody can make crap like that.

I....don't think fanmade things counts as a Sonic game that we've been referring to this entire thread. Anybody can make crap like that.

don't we have an official image of Amy where her foot is not actually a foot?

I dont know, but I believe someone asked Iizuka some time ago about that (seriously) and he said that this is official.

their feets are more like paws as if, no toes.

http://upload.wikime..._paw_2,_ubt.JPG

edit: here I found.

http://art.sonicrese...ms/Amy/A_d5.png

Edited by Anti Alias

I find kinda cute the fact that their hands are just... hands, while their feets resemble paws more than a foot.

Actually, they look more like blobs. Makes sense, seeing how the cast's anatomy seems to be largely based on Felix the Cat.

don't we have an official image of Amy where her foot is not actually a foot?

I dont know, but I believe someone asked Iizuka some time ago about that (seriously) and he said that this is official.

tails3.pngBig_the_Cat_Channel.gifChr_tik.png

In the more recent 2D art, there's usually a sort of single toe shape drawn in, like in that picture of Big, but otherwise they're just completely round. It makes the Coconut Crew from Rush Adventure seem ever more strange as a result.

Edited by Blue Blood

I just remembered that Shadow and Silver's often awkward lip movements in 06 eerily resemble the way my RE teacher's lips move...

Has anybody mentioned THIS yet? Sonic CD....

0.jpg

Though the lockjaw-rabies look of everyones mouths in Adventure is still....disturbingly hilarious.

Wow....I'd never noticed before.....Big's rockin' socks and sandals.

What a badass

He's barefoot. The colouring is the same as his stripes. Lookie

Welll.....whattayakonw....

I always assumed he just wore dark purple shoes, sure looks that way in his original artwork.

Big_3.png

My mind has been blown.

Strange thing in the Sonic Series: Eggman's forces in Shadow the Hedgehog.

Having just recently replayed Shadow the Hedgehog, I loved it. I loved the gameplay, and I love dodging bullets by holding down the R button and performing sideways jumps while returning fire without taking a hit. It never gets old for me. Not to mention that Sonic performs the same dodging moves when you take a shot at him in the Sonic & Diablon flights. I know its an unpopular view, liking the game, but that's how I feel.

But while I was having fun, I thought of something that made me sad and I'm surprised that I didn't think of sooner.

What happend to Eggman's forces?

In the game of shadow the hedgehog, the only forces at his disposal are the egg pawns, shadow androids, and those odd, balancing ball robots. In the previous game, Sonic Heroes, his forces are far more formidable, including the e-2000 bots and the egg hammer bots.

I would have loved to have seen a black arm giant try to take on a helmeted bot.

And then there is the fleet. In Sonic heroes, Eggman's fleet is incredible. Most of the characters are in awe of the scope of of the size of Eggman's fleet and the size of the final fortress. However, in Shadow the Hedgehog, Eggman's fleet in the sky troops level, greatly pales in comparison to the magnificience of the fleet in Sonice Heroes.

It's not right. G.U.N. has large mechs like the Bigfoot and the Black Arms have their giants but literally all of Eggman's forces can be defeated with a vacuum gun. :/

So what's the deal? Was Eggman unable to recover from Metal Sonic's takeover or what? His forces should have been far more formidable in Shadow the Hedgehog. But then again, Eggman was not at his best in that game. Just look at the Egg Dealer.

Edited by DarkDefeater

Strange thing in the Sonic Series: Eggman's forces in Shadow the Hedgehog.

Having just recently replayed Shadow the Hedgehog, I loved it. I loved the gameplay, and I love dodging bullets by holding down the R button and performing sideways jumps while returning fire without taking a hit. It never gets old for me. Not to mention that Sonic performs the same dodging moves when you take a shot at him in the Sonic & Diablon flights. I know its an unpopular view, liking the game, but that's how I feel.

But while I was having fun, I thought of something that made me sad and I'm surprised that I didn't think of sooner.

What happend to Eggman's forces?

In the game of shadow the hedgehog, the only forces at his disposal are the egg pawns, shadow androids, and those odd, balancing ball robots. In the previous game, Sonic Heroes, his forces are far more formidable, including the e-2000 bots and the egg hammer bots.

I would have loved to have seen a black arm giant try to take on a helmeted bot.

And then there is the fleet. In Sonic heroes, Eggman's fleet is incredible. Most of the characters are in awe of the scope of of the size of Eggman's fleet and the size of the final fortress. However, in Shadow the Hedgehog, Eggman's fleet in the sky troops level, greatly pales in comparison to the magnificience of the fleet in Sonice Heroes.

It's not right. G.U.N. has large mechs like the Bigfoot and the Black Arms have their giants but literally all of Eggman's forces can be defeated with a vacuum gun. :/

So what's the deal? Was Eggman unable to recover from Metal Sonic's takeover or what? His forces should have been far more formidable in Shadow the Hedgehog. But then again, Eggman was not at his best in that game. Just look at the Egg Dealer.

Much of the fleet was shown as being destroyed in Heroes along with many of the flagships. I guess it makes sense that Team Sonic is aiming at the flagships in their Egg Fleet mission in an attempt to cause confusion amongst the entire fleet. Add the fact that Metal Sonic destroyed the command center of the airbase before he transformed and then Metal Overlord was picking up many a ship to throw at Team Super Sonic and it makes sense that the Egg Fleet was greatly diminished.

Just realising that the Chao area of Iron Gate is exactly the same as the upper area of Security Hall is surreal.

Also Tails flies with his tails on his back in the Chao Garden. That is...yeah.

When Jet is doing a kick dash in Sonic Free Riders it sounds somewhat as if he's screaming 'French Fries!' huh.png Anyone hungry?

I know he's shouting 'Let's ride!', but that's less funny.

Edited by Speedy
  • Thumbs Up 1

In 06, in the cutscene when the Egg Carrier flies over Soleanna, when Amy runs away, she's acts like she's swimming through the fucking air.