Awoo.

Strangest thing(s) you found in a Sonic game?

MegaMan_EXE

In 06, in the cutscene when the Egg Carrier flies over Soleanna, when Amy runs away, she's acts like she's swimming through the fucking air.

Saw that in Game Grumps, did you?

I still find it strange that a human girl could find attraction in a mutant like Sonic. Since when were cyclops eyes and an interchangeable mouth 'attractive'?

... alright, how did you see my web history?!

Likewise, I find it strange that a cartoon hedgehog can coexist with a realistic human like Elise. Seriously, you could see any CGI cutscene with the two and think it's from Final Fantasy XV: Guest Starring Sonic the Hedgehog.

• Thumbs Up 1

In sonic party (Dont know what the real name is) The mouths were weird and when amy said "Forget sonic,look at my dress" I FREAKED OUT!ohmy.png

• 1 month later...

In sonic party (Dont know what the real name is) The mouths were weird and when amy said "Forget sonic,look at my dress" I FREAKED OUT!ohmy.png

Sonic Shuffle, I believe.

wkqulj.png

"Sonic, Your spine!"

Eh, when you don't have a neck, that kind of thing is easy as pie. I bet he can do a complete 360 with his head.

Eh, when you don't have a neck, that kind of thing is easy as pie. I bet he can do a complete 360 with his head.

But he does have a neck blink.png

7zZOV30.png

• Thumbs Up 4

• 5 months later...

-In Sonic Adventure, you can take Gamma into the Chao Gardens, lock on the Chao, and shoot them, which if you do it enough will cause them to die

-Having to fight Amy and her conjured up version of Sonic in Rouge's story in Sonic Battle

-in Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sharha could leave the world of the book, but Ezaror couldn't?

-in Sonic Colors, in Sweet Mountain, Starlight Carnival, and Aquarium Park, it's hard to tell which parts of the levels are there naturally or were made by Eggman once he took over

-Sonic is able to hit the Iblis minions without getting burned or catching on fire

-in Sonic Generations, some of the obstacles that crush you won't kill you but instead cause you to drop Rings...

Sorry if am off topic, but your signature go's great with the song from Sonic Rush "Wrapped in Black".

Also sorry for double posting.

Edited by Da Victoes

1) Dr. Eggman really looks odd compared to other humans. Even Gerald looked more human

2) Shadow the Hedgehog: Cryptic Castle. Don't destroy Eggman's robots, but killing G.U.N members is fine.

3) The little animals were batteries for the badniks, right? How do they survive? What would happen in Sonic didn't save all of them?

4) In Sonic Heroes, Cream can carry both Amy AND Big when flying.

I found the male Sonic character's eyebrows to be strange and incredibly unsettling growing up. I remember that being the sole reason why I didn't like Sonic growing up.

Heh heh, as you can tell, I've clearly changed since.

• Thumbs Up 1

I found the male Sonic character's eyebrows to be strange and incredibly unsettling growing up. I remember that being the sole reason why I didn't like Sonic growing up.

Heh heh, as you can tell, I've clearly changed since.

LOL Same here XD

I'm not sure if it's been posted, but the way Tails and Knuckles just hop off the Tornado 2 WHILE THE ENGINE IS STILL ON in the intro to Team Sonic's story. Seriously, what the hell? How would Tails be stupid enough to do that?! And none of the characters even take notice to the fact that THE PLANE IS NOW GOING TO FLY OUT OF CONTROL AND WILL CRASH INTO SOMETHING OR SOMEONE. My God. I guess this explains why the Tornado looks more like the classic design in Unleashed; because the Tornado 2 must've crashed into one of that desert's canyons. You can see here at around 0:53.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPGOxA7oAKs

Edited by GuywithPie3376

I'm not sure if it's been posted, but the way Tails and Knuckles just hop off the Tornado 2 WHILE THE ENGINE IS STILL ON in the intro to Team Sonic's story. Seriously, what the hell? How would Tails be stupid enough to do that?! And none of the characters even take notice to the fact that THE PLANE IS NOW GOING TO FLY OUT OF CONTROL AND WILL CRASH INTO SOMETHING OR SOMEONE. My God. I guess this explains why the Tornado looks more like the classic design in Unleashed; because the Tornado 2 must've crashed into one of that desert's canyons. You can see here at around 0:53.

Yeah that always bothered me too.

Although, it doesn't bother me as much as it does that Sonic's arms are clipping constantly all through that clip, really obviously too. They just pass straight through his spines with no effort made to move them /animationnerd

EDIT: Also....robotnik's talking paper is really weird too.....there's a lot of strange things in that clip :P

Edited by Jake Bird

Given Tails' mechanical genius and how digital his technology can be, I always presumed he has an autopilot function on it. So he'd hop off and then the plane would fly back home on its own.

As I recall some comic or short's been made on the topic of the plane crashing into the canyon, however.

Given Tails' mechanical genius and how digital his technology can be, I always presumed he has an autopilot function on it. So he'd hop off and then the plane would fly back home on its own.

As I recall some comic or short's been made on the topic of the plane crashing into the canyon, however.

You must be talking about Sonic Heroes in Brief by Frob Man at around 0:26.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qxiotVkZqA

Fun fact: If you listen to the radio static at that part (0:51), you can hear someone very distinctly say "Who gives a shit?"

He isn't joking, either, it actually does sound a bit like that in the background, right before the GOTTA OPEN YOUR HEA-

Forgive me, but who is this Louie Montaine?

http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Louie_Montaine

Edited by GuywithPie3376

Maybe, but it's never mentioned.

This was something brought up in my English courses that I remember to this day. There's information shown through the actual story (scene) and information shown through explicit details (exposition). There's also the third kind - you let the viewer draw their own conclusions.

If it wouldn't really add anything to the plot, there's no real purpose in detailing it within the confines of a game. Do we need to show a character going to their car, for instance, or can we cut to the scene of them driving? Sometimes from a production perspective it's best to let the viewer fill in the holes to keep focus on the plot.

A manual or encyclopedia (for those exposition fans) would be of great use for such concepts though.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Black market. that is just weird!

Oh yeah, and the way Tails says "it's fake?" when he sees the Eggman robot in Sonic heroes

And  that face right there in Da Victoes Sig is weird!

I also find it odd how Knuckles is sitting in the tornado right, and as soon as they get to Sonic, he is sitting sideways......

Edited by knucklesgirl

I do understand the feelings of a Persian Cat

...But the Sphinx looked so cute I had to shave it...

What does that EVEN MEAN?

What does that EVEN MEAN?

Among cat breeds the Persian is notorious for being a fabulous fluff ball while the Sphinx is a furless naked prune. I think the song is referencing a folk story about how the Sphinx lost its glorious fur coat to the jealous Persian so that they may be the furriest in the land.

Amy is essentially saying she's jealous of any romantic competition and may or may not try to ruin their chances. Watch your fur, Blaze.

I still find it to be kind of a creepy line as Amy admittedly channels a jealous, spiteful character who resorted to making sure someone would be forever bald in order to steal attention away from them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok so has anyone replayed sa2 lately? I don't remember aquatic mine having an annoying dripping sound that goes on troughout the whole level.

Maybe it's just me lol but I was very disappointed since its one of my favorite songs also

So, I've been watching Clement's lets play of Sonic Adventure 2 and he brings up a good point about Pyramid Cave and Death Chamber. Okay, you're supposed to be in one of Eggman's hidden bases at that point in the game, right? What the hell is with all the ghosts? Seriously, when Eggman was looking for a plot of land to build this thing on, did he mistakenly find an Egyptian burial ground? Is King Boom Boo supposed to be the spirit of a pharoh or something? Seriously, what in the hell is with all those ghosts?

So, I've been watching Clement's lets play of Sonic Adventure 2 and he brings up a good point about Pyramid Cave and Death Chamber. Okay, you're supposed to be in one of Eggman's hidden bases at that point in the game, right? What the hell is with all the ghosts? Seriously, when Eggman was looking for a plot of land to build this thing on, did he mistakenly find an Egyptian burial ground? Is King Boom Boo supposed to be the spirit of a pharoh or something? Seriously, what in the hell is with all those ghosts?

I don't really get this either, it might just be to go with the whole desert trope thing but once again I don't know how that makes any sense, maybe the ghosts in aquatic mine got mad at knuckles and vowed revenge on them or something.

I don't really get this either, it might just be to go with the whole desert trope thing but once again I don't know how that makes any sense, maybe the ghosts in aquatic mine got mad at knuckles and vowed revenge on them or something.

Actually, it always made sense to me that Eggman would take over an existing tomb and put his own interior decorating on it.

I think it’s more questionable why his “hidden base” was located near the Sonic equivalent of the great pyramids and why Eggman has to fight his own mechs to get into his own hideout.

I figure Robotnik is all about progress and industrialization without any regard for tradition or others’ feelings, even the dead. I recall in Shth he even comedic asked why ghosts couldn’t go off and haunt some other castle. (the only intentionally funny part of that game I can remember)

In Sa2 he destroyed the heads of statues assumingly representing gods or past rulers and put his own face on them, tore out structures that had been there for thousands of years and placed pipes everywhere, rigged dynamite on pillars to make travel slightly more convenient, and he may have slapped a control device on a golem (explaining why it turned against him when the thing on its head was busted).

So yeah, it makes sense the dead would be pissed. Though I don’t know what the aquatic mine’s ghosts’ beef was. I wonder if they were all miners that drowned because someone was fooling with the water level switches…. 

Edited by DuraV