Awoo.

Strangest thing(s) you found in a Sonic game?

MegaMan_EXE

When Unleashed puts up invisible walls to stop you from backtracking, if you run into them they've got a ripply effect. Considering there's rarely any reason to go backwards, and that it only draws unnecessary attention to something that's kind of nonsensical and "gamey", I can't imagine why they added it.

I thought it was something to do with the way the stages were rendered. Unlike 06, which rendered them all before the stage started (resulting in stupid loading times), Unleashed loaded them on the move. I guess backtracking would cause the level to not load properly resulting in something akin to the Eggmanland Speedrun glitch.

• Thumbs Up 2

The cheering of the mauled Sonics was the most botched emotional turn-arounds in any Sonic game I've ever seen. At least in the Black Knight, the cast had the good mind and sense to tell Sonic to run away from getting his ass kicked while he was still conscious.

But I'm curious about one thing: Vector mentions he has a suspicion that someone is controlling Time Eater the moment after you rescue him. I wondering what evidence clicked in his little detective brain to even give him that suspicion when he was thrust into a state of catatonia at the same time everyone else was. Same kinda goes for Blaze mentioning she was unable to defeat Time Eater, despite not actually having battled it. Does being frozen by Time Eater mean you're not actually catatonic? Is your soul and mind just wondering around that black mirror space or something, where you can actually hear Eggman talking?....

And what was that black mirror space anyway? Was that ever explained? You just...kinda go there and watch M. Sonic get trapped with seemingly no way out.

....Generations' story was kinda bad, wasn't it? :|

I like to believe that it was that room from 06 but it's probably not.

but maybe sonic just turned around and went out the other way.

Sonic Rush Adventure's Special Stages.

Seriously, you're racing Johnny for the Chaos Emeralds? Where did he get them!? Why does this even count as a Special Stage?

Guns. Don't even take it the wrong way, I liked them. They were just surprising.

Seriously, you're racing Johnny for the Chaos Emeralds? Where did he get them!? Why does this even count as a Special Stage?

Eggman probably bought them with him when he returned to Blaze's dimension.

The stomp ability.

Am I the only one that think it's almost creepy to completely stop midair, slowly going downward, after breaking the sound barrier?

Edited by Boodendorf

It's no stranger than being able to suddenly launch yourself forward in midair.

The faceless masses cheering for Sonic in SA1.

I actually found the hilariously awkward "Soniccc 8D" Tails cheers beforehand a lot stranger. I mean Knuckles sounded dumb but he was at least trying.

The cheering of the mauled Sonics was the most botched emotional turn-arounds in any Sonic game I've ever seen. At least in the Black Knight, the cast had the good mind and sense to tell Sonic to run away from getting his ass kicked while he was still conscious.

But I'm curious about one thing: Vector mentions he has a suspicion that someone is controlling Time Eater the moment after you rescue him. I wondering what evidence clicked in his little detective brain to even give him that suspicion when he was thrust into a state of catatonia at the same time everyone else was. Same kinda goes for Blaze mentioning she was unable to defeat Time Eater, despite not actually having battled it. Does being frozen by Time Eater mean you're not actually catatonic? Is your soul and mind just wondering around that black mirror space or something, where you can actually hear Eggman talking?....

And what was that black mirror space anyway? Was that ever explained? You just...kinda go there and watch M. Sonic get trapped with seemingly no way out.

....Generations' story was kinda bad, wasn't it? :|

I assume everyone was still conscious and aware while trapped in stone, which gave Vector plenty of time to ponder the circumstances of his imprisonment.

The fella on the far right here, between the green guy and the colourful bird;

sonicgba-3.png

What's he supposed to be? A Gorilla? His face is pretty indistinct. And he looks muscular rather than furry.

Edited by Verte
  • Thumbs Up 3

The faceless masses cheering for Sonic in SA1.

You mean the cops shooting at Chaos in the beginning then yes lol

Also the purpose of a statue in front of the burger shop you can pick up. What's the point of that lol

Edited by vercetti2021

I assume everyone was still conscious and aware while trapped in stone, which gave Vector plenty of time to ponder the circumstances of his imprisonment.

Well, remember that Tails said he thought he had died which would kind of indicate a notable lack of consciousness in the hindsight of being reanimated.

Then again, Knuckles said Sonic "did a pretty good job back there," seemingly expressing awareness of the hog's running through of Sky Sanctuary.

Meh, I think it's best to say the state of mind of the secondary cast during their kidnapping is pretty inconsistent and not meant to be questioned, but it still doesn't answer the Vector dilemma at all. Assuming Vector was fully sentient, what in the world would cause him to conclude that, "Hey, this probably isn't a monster acting of its own free will like every other monster that's threatened Earth before now."

@ Verte: That's actually a Bowser Jr. =P

Edited by Nepenthe

Also the purpose of a statue in front of the burger shop you can pick up. What's the point of that lol

It's been speculated that he's based upon a Japanese Urban Legend called "The curse of the colonel"

Apparently back in the 80's, some baseball fans picked up a Colonel Sanders statue outside a KFC and threw him off Ebisubashi bridge and ever since, their team has been cursed with bad luck and has suffered an 18 year-long losing streak. Urban Legend has it that Sanders placed a curse on the team because he was displeased at one of his storefront statues being mistreated and the curse will only be lifted once the statue is recovered from the river.

Arguably, a little girl in the part of Station Square references this infamous urban legend because at one point in Sonic's story, she tells Sonic that he better not think of throwing the burger shop statue in the river despite there being no rivers in Station Square XD

Edited by Verte
  • Thumbs Up 3

Sonic adventure probably has the Strangest moments in a sonic game. Oh and verte that legend still creeps me out to this day for some reason.

The fella on the far right here, between the green guy and the colourful bird;

sonicgba-3.png

What's he supposed to be? A Gorilla? His face is pretty indistinct. And he looks muscular rather than furry.

Yeah, that's definitely a gorilla. It has the distinct cheek muscles and furrowed brow.

I posted this in the status comments earlier, and yes I know I'm super late on this but:

Now personally I love this song, but that ending is just plain wrong. I mean I'd understand if they meant it in "Let's kill eachother now" sort of context, but it just sounds so very wrong with that voice

• Thumbs Up 4

The_Wierdo_Sonicman.png

What kind of idiot would race SONIC? LOL! (InbeforeShadow) and How could he not realise it was Sonic before the race when Sonic BEAT HIM! XD

Also part of the music for Twinkle Park on Amy's section - HOLY HELL! The baby's laughter is seriously creepy o_o

Edited by C.J
  • Thumbs Up 2

I posted this in the status comments earlier, and yes I know I'm super late on this but:

Now personally I love this song, but that ending is just plain wrong. I mean I'd understand if they meant it in "Let's kill eachother now" sort of context, but it just sounds so very wrong with that voice

Eggman probably bought them with him when he returned to Blaze's dimension.

They aren't special stages, just races (special stages in a gameplay sense, but not location-wise). As explained in the first Rush (and probably mentioned again in RA, I don't remember for sure) the Chaos and Sol Emeralds draw near to each other if needed. So when Eggman went to Blazes world, the Chaos Emeralds were drawn their as well because of inter-dimensional shenanigans. Jonny was interested in the Emeralds as much as Sonic, all of which happened to be randomly strewn across the ocean. The two ended up having to race to collect the Emeralds.

• Thumbs Up 1