Awoo.

Strangest thing(s) you found in a Sonic game?

MegaMan_EXE

In Metropolis zone there were a few areas that would loop indefinently vertical, so you could rise or fall as much as you wanted and never stop. Interestingly enough, Sonic's death animation wasn't adjusted to compensate for this, he'd fall through the bottom of the screen as normal... then later re-emerge at the top and fall down again at an accelerated rate. Am I the only one who's ever seen that happen?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 pages back, I brought up Sonic directing Chao in Space.

Well it looks like he's directing it's sequel. This time with Perfect Chaos!

chaoinspace2.png

Sonic is apparently inspired by his experiences when it comes to filmmaking. The first Chao in Space he directed had the Death Egg Robot as the main antagonist and it's sequel has Perfect Chaos as the main antagonist. And look! He's broadened his search for actors! Marine The Raccoon stars in his film. Not to mention he can apparently revive the dead considering Emerl also stars.

Edited by Verte
  • Thumbs Up 8

The existance of Grand Metropolis, especially in relation to other games.

You mean in relation to places like Spagonia or Station Square? Yeah, it's a little odd. When I've bought that up before people have always said "Oh it's just different cultures, like comparing New York to rural Africa". And well, no. It's not like that at all, all things considered. Ultimately it's just the series adapting itself to whatever each game sees fit (Grand Metro' is no more outlandish than it's S2 equivalent of Chemical Plant).

Edited by HYDROCITEE

One strange thing that comes to mind is how the characters can interrupt themselves. This was most notable in Shadow the Hedgehog, but also noticable in other games, such as adventure 2.

"I'll use U....chaos control." :/

The mistranslation errors were strange and sad too.

After teaming up with rouge for a significant amount of time, "You're that government spy, rouge the bat, aren't you?"

"Is that what chaos control is?"

I wonder how the voice actors and producers feel when doing lines that clearly do not make sense.

One strange thing that comes to mind is how the characters can interrupt themselves. This was most notable in Shadow the Hedgehog, but also noticable in other games, such as adventure 2.

"I'll use U....chaos control." :/

The mistranslation errors were strange and sad too.

After teaming up with rouge for a significant amount of time, "You're that government spy, rouge the bat, aren't you?"

"Is that what chaos control is?"

I wonder how the voice actors and producers feel when doing lines that clearly do not make sense.

Probably very little of it makes sense since they're just reading off lines. But the producers, yeah, they should have some idea.

As for the interrupting... I can only guess it was due to slight mis-matches with the english sentence lengths to the original Japanese. Unless any fluent people here can tell us the Japanese voices overlap each other too.

Here's one I'm curious about.

What were the other characters doing the entire time in Generations? From the players viewpoint, only the Sonics bothered to explore through every stage and era and attempt to fix time. Even Tails didn't even tag along, when they ran off, they stayed put and watch them run off to the next area.

Even worse is the cutscene right before the final boss, while Sonic is repeatedly getting smacked to the ground, pelted with dark energy balls, and ultimately crushed to possible death (Before resurrection by the Chaos Emeralds) Tails is doing absolutely nothing Even when he was barely 8 feet away.

The most surprising is the fact all the other characters had showed up themselves, and instead of trying to help, they cheered the mauled Sonics on.

I...just..don't..understand.

I don't know why, but this made me laugh

Sonic: Hey guys, you wanna help? Knuckles? Shadow?

Knuckles: Nah, you good.

• Thumbs Up 8

I spotted something.. it's not in a game but..

Nothing will ever be as strange as

Just..why? How? Who came up with this?
  • Thumbs Up 4

I just watched that episode :D

One thing I don't get.. Scratch lets go of the rope well before Grounder passes the fake backdrop.. wouldn't he have run into it even if Sonic didnt re-drop it?

I think we can all agree that everything about that show was just...well, strange is the only word I can think of but that still doesn't even begin to describe it. :P

Nothing will ever be as strange as

Just..why? How? Who came up with this?

AoStH Sonic mimics Chaos! Years before Chaos was even thought of too! AoStH's style was just freakish.

Strangest thing I've found is either the Sonic X advertisements in SADX or the fact that it's possible, no, extremely easy to get a Cream panty shot in Sonic Heroes...

-In Sonic Adventure, you can take Gamma into the Chao Gardens, lock on the Chao, and shoot them, which if you do it enough will cause them to die

-Having to fight Amy and her conjured up version of Sonic in Rouge's story in Sonic Battle

-in Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sharha could leave the world of the book, but Ezaror couldn't?

-in Sonic Colors, in Sweet Mountain, Starlight Carnival, and Aquarium Park, it's hard to tell which parts of the levels are there naturally or were made by Eggman once he took over

-Sonic is able to hit the Iblis minions without getting burned or catching on fire

-in Sonic Generations, some of the obstacles that crush you won't kill you but instead cause you to drop Rings...

Edited by STrainer

^ I like this post as an appreciation for the mention, not because I like breast physics in SA2.

I'm sure most people know this, but load up Mad Space, go to the third planet (the moon with the flat, crater'd north pole), and jump on one of the spaceships flying around in circles. Make Rouge face the camera. "Wat" the night away.

• Thumbs Up 2

I like this post as an appreciation for the mention, not because I like breast physics in SA2.
  • Thumbs Up 6

The fact that someone thought that giving Shadow his own darker and edgier game had potential to be good.

Oh and this scene starting @0:21.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh and this scene starting @0:21.

I always wonder how come Amy didn't run away before he pulled her out of the bushes...

• Thumbs Up 1

Strangest thing I found? Well it's not something very special but Pure Dark Shadow theme "Almost Dead" freaks me out. Whoa , I didn't expected THAT kinds of lyrics in Sonic song...

*looks at avatar and think about previous ones* Sure, sure we ALL believe you...

Psssh, I'm proud of being a boob-fan, but gainaxing ain't my thing. If it's just boobs being realistically animated to have a bit of bounce then that's all well and good, but over-the-top jiggle for the sake of jiggle is just weird. Boobies are lovely things and should be treated with respect, and Rouge's most certainly are quite nicely supported in that big... heart thing of hers. So jiggle physics are downright silly.