Awoo.

Strangest thing(s) you found in a Sonic game?

MegaMan_EXE

Hmm? Strangest thing for me was when you breed chao.

I may be a major chao fan but c,mon those eggs are twice the size of them how the heck they give birth to them without pain o_O

I find it strange that Classic Tails comes out of nowhere in Generations. Honestly, they didn't even introduce him, he was just there.

Y'know, I've thought about this a bit...

There are different cutscenes that play depending on who you use to complete the stage. At the HUB with Classic Sonic Classic Tails appears on the stand. Maybe he was introduced if you finish the stage as Classic Sonic; but you can't. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just an oversite...

I may be a major chao fan but c,mon those eggs are twice the size of them how the heck they give birth to them without pain o_O

Who says it's without pain?

• Thumbs Up 1

A glitch in sonic heroes tutorial if you do the spin attack at the wrong place in a certain direction you fall through the wall.

Just remembered

bothered me when I first saw it (about :24 in). Note how Shadow becomes like part owl or something and turns his head almost 180 degrees. Well I guess he doesn't really have a neck to break but still, it's a little unnerving especially when the cut scene is so pretty otherwise .

On a similar note

(around 4:18 in) from the end of the Shadow game really threw me off when I saw them. Sonic and the gang just freeze like statues in the oddest poses. Also they can talk while frozen like that, WTH? But that's not the worst part, after they're frozen Doom sends his "offspring" to go eat them which I guess they start to do? I mean what are those baby alien things doing anyway? Do I want to know? I suppose that might kill them, if kept up for like a week or two. Also Shadow breaks free of the gas, somehow, and what does he do? He stomps on the alien that was going to, er, "devour" him and goes after Doom. Does he kill the aliens that are eating Sonic and his friends? NO. And the best part is NONE of them seem to have a problem with this. Sonic's like "your our only hope now." Heck if I were Sonic or, well any of them, I'd be like "get these alien leeches off me!!!" I guess it doesn't really matter though, as they all magically recover from the gas off screen and somehow get back to the ruined city unharmed..... Yeah not buying it.

Then there's the whole message Gerald recorded. How is it that every video Gerald has made has the magical ability to show up on screen EVERYWHERE. Also is it me or is this a far cry from the movie he made in SA2? I guess he really did go mad after Maria died, or something. But then there's his journal you can unlock in Sonic Battle and.... Ugh... God only knows what that man was thinking.

Edited by Rally the Cheetah

Okay a little random but anyone else laugh there butt off when Black Doom says "Never forget that horrifying image?" I mean Look at his face when he says that! HE is more horrifying then the scene!

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I didn't find the whole "let's freeze up Sonic and his friends" to be interesting at all. I just found it to be stupid. Out of all the things that paralyzes Sonic and friends, it's an alien doing...something.

[shittheory]

Remember that Chao are creatures that are naturally disposed to water and its properties (see; Chaos and the Chaos Chao). The chao mother doesn't push the egg out as an egg, it comes out as a morphed water form before reconstructing itself in seconds, if that. Like a human baby losing the ability to naturally climb objects as it gets slightly older, a chao baby normally loses this super morphing ability once the egg has reformed and the chao has hatched.

[shittheory. Also your nightmare for the next week]

The things Eggman babbles in the SA2 Chao Garden. What is he saying???

It's baby talk, I believe. Which is kind of strange coming from Eggman, of all people. XD

• Thumbs Up 5

It's baby talk, I believe. Which is kind of strange coming from Eggman, of all people. XD

Not really. He is affably evil, after all.

For me the strangest thing ever was whatever the hell that thing was at the end of Cryptic Castle in Shadow the Hedgehog. It just appears and chases you while you're grinding whilst siding with Eggman and not even he has any idea what it is! It looks robotic so I doubt it's a Black Arms creation and it doesn't seem to be there for any reason other than for well... being there. I doubt even Sonic Team knew what it was!

He has fur all over his spines. But what are spines made from? Hair. Spines are thick, hollow hair. Therefore, Sonic has hair on his hair.

HAIRCEPTION.

Regarding Eggman's Chao Garden lines, IIRC they were left undubbed, so they're still the Japanese. Haven't done it for ages so don't quote me on that, but I remember hearing that they left some of Eggman's smaller/ non-speaking 'noise' lines in Japanese. Either that or dubbed the Japanese words/ noises without translation.

Not really. He is affably evil, after all.

True, but in any case, he doesn't really seem the paternal type--at least, not to me. Then again, hidden depths are always nice, I suppose. Plus, it was already implied in SA1 that he liked Chao, since there's a teleporter to a Chao Garden on the Egg Carrier.

Speaking of the Egg Carrier, I always thought it's transformation was a bit useless. I mean, what was the point of that aside from keeping Sonic and Tails from getting to him faster? What if they had landed on the other side of the ship in the first place? Not exactly the strangest thing in the series, but it still confuses me to this day.

Speaking of the Egg Carrier, I always thought it's transformation was a bit useless. I mean, what was the point of that aside from keeping Sonic and Tails from getting to him faster? What if they had landed on the other side of the ship in the first place? Not exactly the strangest thing in the series, but it still confuses me to this day.

Until I really learned the make-up of the Egg Carrier, this really made no sense to me at all at first either lol. It seems like such a minor change at first glance. I also find it funny that Tails and Sonic coulda technically just flown above the entrance and ran along the top of the Sky Deck over to the bridge in about half a minute.

For me the strangest thing ever was whatever the hell that thing was at the end of Cryptic Castle in Shadow the Hedgehog. It just appears and chases you while you're grinding whilst siding with Eggman and not even he has any idea what it is! It looks robotic so I doubt it's a Black Arms creation and it doesn't seem to be there for any reason other than for well... being there. I doubt even Sonic Team knew what it was!

I thought it was skeletal rather than robotic? And it appears to have blue fire inside it's ribcage? Probably a supernatural entity that came with the castle XD

HAIRCEPTION.

Regarding Eggman's Chao Garden lines, IIRC they were left undubbed, so they're still the Japanese. Haven't done it for ages so don't quote me on that, but I remember hearing that they left some of Eggman's smaller/ non-speaking 'noise' lines in Japanese. Either that or dubbed the Japanese words/ noises without translation.

"Yosh" is a sign of approval meaning 'O.K.' or 'all right.' The way Robotnik says it seems more...intimate, however.

The other short little snippets of speech he shouts, I have really no clue on the meaning unless there's some strange translation for "Heeeup" whenever Eggy takes a flying jump or "Hoy Hoy" whenever he shakes a Chao.

With language like that to imprint off of, those Chao will be Rhodes scholars in no time flat.

Edited by Kintobor

At the first scene of Shadow the Hedgehog, when Doom's eye leaves Shadow, there occurs a bunch of these explosions. What causes these explosions? Why were they there?

When Doom's eye departs all the other times, there are no explosions. Was it just a bad attempt at dramatic effect?

Until I really learned the make-up of the Egg Carrier, this really made no sense to me at all at first either lol. It seems like such a minor change at first glance. I also find it funny that Tails and Sonic coulda technically just flown above the entrance and ran along the top of the Sky Deck over to the bridge in about half a minute.

I find it stranger that the entire Sky Deck stage (and making matters worse, Hot Shelter as well) is clearly much, much larger than the entire Egg Carrier.

I mean, for the stages based in Station Square, you can quite easily assume that the stage just takes place in a different part of the city to the main adventure field. But when your adventure field is basically a flying fortress where what you see it what you get, that doesn't really work. D:

EDIT: CONCLUSION. Egg Carrier is a TARDIS. Eggman is The Doctor.

EDIT 2: Herp derp, except that only works for Hot Shelter. Because Sky Deck is BIGGER ON THE OUTSIDE SOMEHOW. mellow.png

Edited by -Mark-
  • Thumbs Up 6

Here's an oddity in SA2.

When Eggman blows up half of the moon, he immediately starts the 24 hour countdown to Earth annihilation if the world doesn't submit to his rule. But when he's speaking to the president in his limosine the next morning, he once again tells the president that he has 24 hours remaining.

Considering the countdown has been going down since 6:30pm the previous evening, the president has considerably less than 24 hours to give Eggman his answer. That is, unless Eggman was feeling generous and decided to reset the countdown XD.

Speaking of SA2, if you look at the banknotes floating over the fans in the Security Hall, said banknotes have Sonic's face on them;

heresatwenty.png

Edited by Verte
  • Thumbs Up 6

Just remembered this bothered me when I first saw it (about :24 in). Note how Shadow becomes like part owl or something and turns his head almost 180 degrees. Well I guess he doesn't really have a neck to break but still, it's a little unnerving especially when the cut scene is so pretty otherwise .

Edited by Mysterics

People complaining about Elise kissing Sonic. Love means caring about someone or something to some degree, if she can't love an animal, why can real people have pets? Besides, if I kissed the corpse of a friend does that mean I want to make love with them, or am I using the kiss to wish them luck in the next life? Love between humans and animals happened all the time in mythology, Ryujin was a dragon that could shapeshift into a human thus having human offspring, bombard me with "you're morally a monster" all you want, the common morals have holes and don't cover technicalities, I am aware that there are a few bugs in my system as well, but overall, I PRAISE that kiss resurrection scene, takes me back to Snow White in a way.

• Thumbs Up 1