Awoo.

If you could remake a Sonic game.. what would it be and why?

Well if I could remake generations I would change it to four zones per era Instead of 3. I would add ice cap to the classic era, Final fortress to the dreamcast, and Night Palace to the modern. As for bosses I would add Fang to the classic, modern Metal Sonic to the dreamcast, and Erazor to the modern. Also remember those game over screens for the Batman games where the villains taunt you when you die? The bosses in this game do something similar when you lose a life fighting them.

Fang

"Poor little hedgie, (pulls out pistol) looks like ol fang is gonna have to teach you a lesson for gettin' in ma way"

Classic Metal Sonic

*makes robot noises as he walks menacingly towards the camera*

Death Egg Robo

"I've finally won you pesky little hedgehog, GET A LOAD OF THIS!!! (fires claw at the screen)

Shadow

"And I wasn't even trying."

"Your adventuring days have finally come to an end."

Modern Metal Sonic

"At long last I have proven that I am the real sonic!"

"You're finished hedgehog!"

Perfect Chaos

"(roars at the screen)"

"(rises up and looks at the screen menacingly. Then he roars and eats the camera)"

Silver

"Aw come on Sonic! I know you can do better than this!"

"Come on Sonic! Step it up!

"Gotta Try harder sonic!"

Erazor

"I have finally prevailed!"

"This proves you got lucky last time Sonic!"

"It's the end of the line for you. Filthy rat!"

Egg Dragoon

"(laughs and fires missile at the screen)

"Sayonara, Sonic the hedgehog (fires missile at screen)"

"They say good things come to those who wait. And believe me Sonic, (raises cannon) you don't know how long I've been waiting to do this. (fires at the screen)"

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't like how SEGA keeps making Sonic games that have stages that are only remakes of classic games, and are way too similar to the original. I mean, Generations was cool because it had a great storyline and it was something different, but Sonic 4 is just a total copy of classic games with little changes to the stages, and nothing interesting.

I hate how they call it Sonic 4. It should be somekind of remake collection, or something. I think it's too late for a Sonic 4. To me, a game called Sonic 4 should still be very classic with new stages. So really, I would scrap that game and replace it with a new one. Doing that remake thing one time with Generations was ok, but that's what all the Sonic games have been like lately.

Get new ideas SEGA! :|

But that's my opinion.

I treat Sonic 4 as its own subtle reboot of the classic series, despite continuity like Death EggII

I don't really have a game I'd remake.

Probably adventure with the hedgehog engine, and just remake the stages to work with Unleashed gameplay

After that ditch the Unleashed formula.

I want to see something new.

• 5 weeks later...

Sonic 4 for starters.

A Sonic Jam remake would also be sweet.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic 4 for starters.

A Sonic Jam remake would also be sweet.

A Sonic Jam remake with Sonic CD & Knuckles' Chaotix. Then I'm sold.
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 4 weeks later...

Truth be told I'd like a complete remake of Sonic Adventure. Not just adding fingers.

I'd like to see it done with Unleashed/Generations graphic style but keeping the same gameplay formula in re-imagined stages based off of the originals.

I would also like to see the return of the original cast but using the new voice direction so they wouldn't have that awkward way of dubbing. The original actors had little to no direction and from what Ryan Drummond says he spent a weekend in an hot VO box with no airflow whatsoever. I think they would have real potential.

One thing I don't want to see is anything left over from the original. I want it completely remade from the ground up. Also, Chao A.I that is a bit more complicated.

Edit: Sometimes I forget, but you can get rid of Amy, Big, and Gamma for all I care.

Or we could fix Amy-sama. She could become faster and completely optional. Also, have a mode where you can play as the characters in ther's

I would like to See Sonic 3D Blast get a re-release. Based on the SEGA Saturn version which looks ten times better than the Mega Drive version.

With a toggle between the two soundtracks (Saturn & Mega Drive). Both are excellent.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would remake sonic colors. For the xbox360 with better controls and story. You would be able to play as sonic, amy, and tails. Plus the story would be much better written. Also stages will not be as BLAND!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

I would remake sonic colors. For the xbox360 with better controls and story. You would be able to play as sonic, amy, and tails. Plus the story would be much better written. Also stages will not be as BLAND!!!

Some men just want to watch the world burn. Put that comic sans away.

I would remake Knuckles Chaotix, restore Knuckles to his badass glory, and also add a feature that dispenses cool, refreshing beverages every time you complete a stage.

Totaly Sonic 4. I'll make sure the game would never been produced without the original physics and a GOOD graphic and music style. I'm talking about HD hand-draw sprites and Naofumi Hataya compositions, because he is the one composer who can make classic styled songs without making them sound old and repetitive. I love Jun's work, but his idea of composing songs that simulates Genesis quality just sucks...

And of course, I'll not make it episodic, it would be one big game with the same amount of level of S3&K. Sonic, Tails and Knuckles playable (same levels, different level-design for each one own skill), main villains would be Eggman and Metal Sonic. New shields, bonus and special stages and peel-out return for Sonic.

In general, plays like S3&K, but in different levels with a current graphic style and music.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

Or we could fix Amy-sama. She could become faster and completely optional. Also, have a mode where you can play as the characters in ther's

uhhhhhhh

Anyway, I'd probably pick the Game Gear/Master System platforming games (1, 2, Chaos, Triple Trouble) games.

Hmm... I'd love to remake the shadow arc (SA2, Heroes, STH), but that seems to be firmly set down. Personally, I'd like to see a reboot of the Rush saga, one that replaces Nega with Whiskers (Because Whiskers is a more orginal design than NEGA). Blaze's orgins need reformating and being soildly confirmed (as do Silvers...).

But as for one I'd personally remake myself... Sonic 06, purely because despite all it's story flaws, poor level design and throw the controller at the wall moments, I genuinely love that game. I'd remove all the unnessicary characters (Knuckles,Blaze, Team dark, Mephiles), and make it be just about Sonic, Eggman, Elise... and a mysterious hedgehog hidden in the background...

I agree with Felix, Sonic '06 was really a great game, just too many flaws. Really, it seems like Sonic 06 would have made a better movie with all the cut-scenes than a game. Am I right? But still, didn't SEGA say something a couple of years ago about how they were going to remake Sonic 06? Or did they already do that and just not tell anyone?

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 HD!...Oh wait. It's already being made. Never mind.

However, in all seriousness, I have a few things to say.

Sonic 06 was doomed from the start. There was NO way to make that game good. It was just a rehash of ideas in SA2 and SA1. By the VERY beginning, they already created a world where it would be IMPOSSIBLE for sonic to exist. It's like, I dunno, FF or something.

Had the game not been atrocious, it would have been received as ...meh. That's my honest opinion. I'm not saying I haven't dreamed of it's remake but...It's just not plausible. The VERY ideas behind 06 were terrible. It was just a bad idea from the start. :(

Sad, really.

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 HD!...Oh wait. It's already being made. Never mind.

However, in all seriousness, I have a few things to say.

Sonic 06 was doomed from the start. There was NO way to make that game good. It was just a rehash of ideas in SA2 and SA1. By the VERY beginning, they already created a world where it would be IMPOSSIBLE for sonic to exist. It's like, I dunno, FF or something.

Had the game not been atrocious, it would have been received as ...meh. That's my honest opinion. I'm not saying I haven't dreamed of it's remake but...It's just not plausible. The VERY ideas behind 06 were terrible. It was just a bad idea from the start. sad.png

Sad, really.

By that logic then Sonic Adventure 2 is a rehash of SA1 and Sonic Colors is a rehash of Sonic Unleashed.

Knuckles Chaotix. simple, isn't the same style like Sonic 1-3K or 3D Blast too : Not just "hold right to win" games

Sonic the hedgehog 4, it really needs a remake due to the laughable amount of problems it has. If it's going to go around proclaiming it's the continuation of the Genesis era games then there's really no excuse for why it doesn't play like and continue to build upon what the previous games accomplished.

I'd keep the graphics of episode 2, get Tomoya Ohtani to handle the music, bring in some shield power-up's, ditch the 4 stage episodic bullshit that Sega seems to think is a great idea in place for a full game roughly the same leangth as S3&K, bring back mini-bosses, bring in original Special Stages, keep the red rings, bring in extra playable characters, ditch the boost and HA, and incorperate some of the more promising stage gimmicks that have appeared in the modern games (like that overhead running segment from Sky fortress act 2, and Dead line from Rush).

I would remake the original SEGA Genesis game Sonic The Hedgehog with graphics from generations simply because the original wasn't a good hit. But then I also feel that IF SEGA remade it with better graphics they would completely change it...

A Sonic Heroes port...for 3DS/Vita. A bizarre choice I guess, but it's my "thing that I think would be cool but know it's impossible" thing.

It already has sort of a Sonic Advance-esque "pick-up-and-play" feel to it, in terms of classic-styled level progression, sparse story, and playable characters with similar abilities across the board.

Plus, I thought it was a pretty fun game with lots of replayability, so I think it'd be a nice fit for handheld systems, especially now that they can definitely handle 6th gen stuff.

Edited by Inferno

A Sonic Heroes port...for 3DS/Vita. A bizarre choice I guess, but it's my "thing that I think would be cool but know it's impossible" thing.

It already has sort of a Sonic Advance-esque "pick-up-and-play" feel to it, in terms of classic-styled level progression, sparse story, and playable characters with similar abilities across the board.

Plus, I thought it was a pretty fun game with lots of replayability, so I think it'd be a nice fit for handheld systems, especially now that they can definitely handle 6th gen stuff.

Bleugh...although, as long as they overhauled the physics, got rid of the shiny graphics, and COMPLETELY REMOVED ALL CUTSCENES, I'd be fine with it.

Edited by HyperMetalWario

• 1 month later...

Sonic 3 and Knuckles should get a remake.

New Features:

* Level Select after beating the game as all three characters or beating Doomsday Zone as Sonic. It allows to, for example, play as Knuckles on the Death Egg.

* Two sets of redrawn graphics: one with American looks (the default one) and one with Japanese (which can be changed in the menu). The reason the American graphics are present is to please whiny critics like Game Informer.

* Remixed music.

* Redesigns of some levels. For example, the Death Egg now features Sonic 1 and Sonic 2's final bosses as well if you play as Sonic.

* Clear the rights disputes to get the Michael Jackson music.

* Blaze the Cat as an unlockable character. The critics used to like her, but then 06 came out and she was sent to the "shitty friends" pile. Now, lets FORCE them to take her out of the shitty friends pile and like her again, by putting her in the classic games they adore until they either like her or at least get used to her. She has her ablities from Sonic Rush Adventure minus boost, plus in level Super Blaze, who has some moves from 06 and Black Knight. She would have a story, unlike Tails in CD. Owning this game and Sonic CD allows you to play "Blaze in Sonic CD" as a bonus. Maybe "Blaze in Sonic Generations" as well.

* Blaze the Cat as an unlockable character. The critics used to like her, but then 06 came out and she was sent to the "shitty friends" pile. Now, lets FORCE them to take her out of the shitty friends pile and like her again, by putting her in the classic games they adore until they either like her or at least get used to her. She has her ablities from Sonic Rush Adventure minus boost, plus in level Super Blaze, who has some moves from 06 and Black Knight. She would have a story, unlike Tails in CD. Owning this game and Sonic CD allows you to play "Blaze in Sonic CD" as a bonus. Maybe "Blaze in Sonic Generations" as well.

ENOUGH.

Edited by Joker the Magnificent
  • Thumbs Up 5

Wait, why does Blaze get this treatment over every other character the critics hate again? Seems kinda unfair. If we're going for redemption, when should start with people like Shadow instead of pulling spinoff characters.

How about Blaze Blaze Blaze Blaze Rouge Blaze Blaze?

I'd much rather have Amy playable if they were ever to remake S3&K.

• Thumbs Up 5