Awoo.

If you could remake a Sonic game.. what would it be and why?

How about Blaze Blaze Blaze Blaze Rouge Blaze Blaze?

I'd much rather have Amy playable if they were ever to remake S3&K.

Yeah, her and the Chaotix.

* Blaze the Cat as an unlockable character.

Please just stop. I understand that you like Blaze, but this is just getting to be too much.

my avatar just makes this post like a freight train of symbolism/surrealism

Edited by Soma
  • Thumbs Up 1

By "her" I meant Amy.

But you're disagreeing with your self by saying that. You said you'd have Blaze, Law said he'd rather have Amy than Blaze, and you kinda said "Yeah, me too!" Edited by Debug Ring
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic heroes: why because I think it could be better, have better control, have better writing, and have better level design so you don't have to use the team gimmick.

But you're disagreeing with your self by saying that. You said you'd have Blaze, Law said he'd rather have Amy than Blaze, and you kinda said "Yeah, me too!"

No, I was saying that they would be great in addition to Blaze, but put Blaze ahead of them

No, I was saying that they would be great in addition to Blaze, but put Blaze ahead of them

Why does Blaze get top priority, though? Explain your reasoning.

Make it clearer then. And Amy is a much better choice than Blaze anyway.

Why would they do that? Amy and TC are both higher up in the pecking order...

SA2. As in a full, proper remake. I feel it deserves it so much...

Shadow's game. Honestly, Shadow having his own game wasn't really a bad thing. In fact, it was probably a plus. Shadow has a lot of fans, and back then probably had more. However, his game would reflect more of Sonic's game -- not ... what it was. Guns and stuff. No guns, no cursing, no aliens. Or at least no demonic looking aliens.

Take only a selection of characters. Namely Rouge, Sonic, Eggman, and maybe Tails. Have them have importance and not just be there.

Honestly, Shadow's game would probably be Sonic and Shadow, rather than just Shadow.

Of course, arena boss battles against Sonic would probably be nice.

I wonder about the morality system. On one hand it's interesting, on another hand, it'd be useless by the final cutscene to say which is canon. I like having to make choices, but meh.

Remake SatSR with controls and design not based around weird waggly junk.

Because SatSR is pretty cool when you're not actually playing it.

So much this it's insane. Secret Rings had so many things going for it...it's a shame the thing that actually made it a GAME was so terrible.

TBH, every Sonic game could use a little touch up. I'm feeling tired now so I'll just cover the 4 main classic era games and come back to the others later.

Sonic 1

• Remove the speed cap and add the spindash only don't fuck it up like Genesis for GBA did.
  • The game feels a bit sort even by early 90s standards. To flesh it out more I'd take Bridge, Jungle, and Sky Base Zones from the GG Version, make them 16 bit, flesh them out so they aren't so linear and small and make the Zone order as thus:

1. Green Hill Zone
    2. Bridge Zone
    3. Jungle Zone
    4. Marble Zone
    5. Spring Yard Zone
    6. Labyrinth Zone
    7. Star Light Zone
    8. Scrap Brain Zone
    9. Sky Base Zone
    • Scrap Brain Act 1 would be the same, Act 2 would GG's Act 2 in 16 bit, Act 3 would the Mega Drive's Act 2 and would lead straight to the Pistons boss instead of dropping you to Labyrinth Zone Act 4.

Sonic CD
      • Take Taxman's 2011 version, add Desert Dazzle (between Palmtree Panic and Collision Chaos) and Final Fever, add Amy with Advance 1 movesets, regain the rights to You Can Do Anything, and we're good.

Sonic 2

[*]Remove one of Metropolis Zone's Acts, Make Death Egg Zone a 2 act zone as originally planned, and finish Hidden Palace Zone as a two act zone with an original boss instead of using Mystic Caves like all the fangames do. Never really cared for any of the other scrapped zone.

[*]Make Tails fly a la Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

[*]Make Super Sonic fly and have his attack do double damage against bosses, meaning it would take four hits instead of the usual eight.

[*]Save feature would be nice (same for Sonic 1).

Sonic 3 and Knuckles

[*]Put Flying Battery back in it's original position (between Carnival Night and Ice Cap) and take it out of Knuckles story.

[*]Have Knuckles opening cut scene from Sonic and Knuckles stand-alone put back only change it from MHZ to AIZ.

[*]Have Super Tails and Super/Hyper Knuckles STAY Yellow and Pink instead of just flashing, so it looks like an actual transformation.

[*]Again, have Super/Hyper Sonic fly and do double damage against bosses (except for the Doomsday Bosses)

And I'll do some other games some other time.

• Thumbs Up 2

Can't shoehorn Blaze into everything.

Then again, telling you this is a massive waste of time and energy.

I'd like to remake SA1 and SA2 so that they don't suck (essentially reconstructing them from the ground up and removing the bullshit). Then SatSR, because that game had such a cool set of stages and had wonderful ideas which were marred by a truely awful gameplay engine.

TBH, every Sonic game could use a little touch up. I'm feeling tired now so I'll just cover the 4 main classic era games and come back to the others later.

Sonic 1

• Remove the speed cap and add the spindash only don't fuck it up like Genesis for GBA did.
  • The game feels a bit sort even by early 90s standards. To flesh it out more I'd take Bridge, Jungle, and Sky Base Zones from the GG Version, make them 16 bit, flesh them out so they aren't so linear and small and make the Zone order as thus:

1. Green Hill Zone
    2. Bridge Zone
    3. Jungle Zone
    4. Marble Zone
    5. Spring Yard Zone
    6. Labyrinth Zone
    7. Star Light Zone
    8. Scrap Brain Zone
    9. Sky Base Zone
    • Scrap Brain Act 1 would be the same, Act 2 would GG's Act 2 in 16 bit, Act 3 would the Mega Drive's Act 2 and would lead straight to the Pistons boss instead of dropping you to Labyrinth Zone Act 4.

I like this idea, except that I would change the position of some of the zones:

[*]Green Hill Zone (Possibly with underground caverns in one of the acts)

[*]Bridge Zone (In Sonic 1 8-bit, Bridge Zone's background consists of mountains and fir trees and the level graphics themselves consist of green grass and brown earth, indicating that it's between Green Hill and Marble)

[*]Marble Zone

[*]Spring Yard Zone

[*]Jungle Zone (It's possible that the greenery in Spring Yard's background has something to do with Jungle Zone, and the level consists of large brown blocks, which could have some relation to either Spring Yard or Labyrinth)

[*]Labyrinth Zone

[*]Star Light Zone

[*]Scrap Brain Zone

[*]Sky Base Zone

[*]Final Boss: Sky Base boss

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd leave '06 completely untouched because that game needed to crash and burn for Sega to learn that they needed to take the franchise more seriously and never prioritise release dates over quality assurance.

Instead, I'd take Sonic Unleashed, completely remove everything involving and related to the Werehog, and then I'd find the guy who was worried the daytime section alone wouldn't make a long enough game, and say to him: "Then make more levels!" and then I'd slap him in the back of the head. I might even go far enough as to say "Duh!"

EDIT: Whoops, almost forgot about the "why".

Because the Werehog was a very dumb idea that tarnished what could have honestly been Sonic's big comeback moment. Even the critics who trashed the game admitted that the daytime levels were fun.

Edited by Grumpy Old Guy

... and then I'd find the guy who was worried the daytime section alone wouldn't make a long enough game, and say to him: "Then make more levels!" and then I'd slap him in the back of the head. I might even go far enough as to say "Duh!"
Y'know it's not like you can just wish more levels into existence. If they felt they couldn't make enough daytime levels to make up a full game, it's probably because they didn't have the time or money or some other factor, not because they were too dumb to understand the concept of "make more things".

Also *insert generic Dio rant about modern gameplay here*

I would fuse the Storybook tittles and make them into one large, epic game. Taking the modern gameplay and mixing elements from the classic tittles and wisp abilitys from colors, have a Kingdom Hearts-esc adventure were sonic goes into not two storybooks but seven or eight with each book having 3-4 acts. Each book would represent a different story (Greek, Abaran Nights, Kights of the Round Table, esc) and gimic respectivly with a unique power sonic gains like a Crash-esc spin attack with the sword, fire mode, lighting power similar to lazer wisp for example. I feel that the critics and public would like a more triditional sonic adventure vs the on rails gameplay from the Secret Rings/Black Kight.

Y'know it's not like you can just wish more levels into existence. If they felt they couldn't make enough daytime levels to make up a full game, it's probably because they didn't have the time or money or some other factor, not because they were too dumb to understand the concept of "make more things".

Also *insert generic Dio rant about modern gameplay here*

No, seriously. They really said they came up with the Werehog idea because they were worried there wasn't enough game to fill up the expected hours of a major title. I really do mean they should've taken the development time used in creating the concept and levels for the werehog and just made more Sonic levels.

If they'd only made two or three more levels it'd still be better than what we got with the nighttime levels.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would fuse the Storybook tittles and make them into one large, epic game. Taking the modern gameplay and mixing elements from the classic tittles and wisp abilitys from colors, have a Kingdom Hearts-esc adventure were sonic goes into not two storybooks but seven or eight with each book having 3-4 acts. Each book would represent a different story (Greek, Abaran Nights, Kights of the Round Table, esc) and gimic respectivly with a unique power sonic gains like a Crash-esc spin attack with the sword, fire mode, lighting power similar to lazer wisp for example. I feel that the critics and public would like a more triditional sonic adventure vs the on rails gameplay from the Secret Rings/Black Kight.

The stories should be:Journey to the West

Alice in Wonderland

Greek Myths

Sherlock Holmes

Robin Hood

War of the Worlds

Egyptian Myths

Aztec Myths

Dracula

Hamlet

Dante's Inferno

Edited by miru