Awoo.

If you could remake a Sonic game.. what would it be and why?

Y'know it's not like you can just wish more levels into existence. If they felt they couldn't make enough daytime levels to make up a full game, it's probably because they didn't have the time or money or some other factor, not because they were too dumb to understand the concept of "make more things".

Two of the three branches of Sega said that the Werehog was a bad idea when they were made aware of it. Sonic Team did it anyway. And Sonic Team absolutely said that they put the Werehog in the game because the Daytime levels weren't enough "game," apparently operating under the idea that padding the game out with derivative mediocrity was better.

So... it kind of does imply that they couldn't grasp the concept.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

I want to change my answer from ways back. Sega should remake the first 4 Game Gear games running off a newer engine maybe as either a downloadable title or(preferably) a retail game. The games are pretty obscure enough that they'll seem pretty new to most gamers.

What about Sonic Colours on consoles other than the WII?

With more expansive levels and better graphics.

I would love to see Sonic Colors with the graphic quality of Generations' Planet Wisp! (Plus, I want to be able to play Colors with my 360 controller instead of my gamecube one)

Two of the three branches of Sega said that the Werehog was a bad idea when they were made aware of it. Sonic Team did it anyway. And Sonic Team absolutely said that they put the Werehog in the game because the Daytime levels weren't enough "game," apparently operating under the idea that padding the game out with derivative mediocrity was better.

So... it kind of does imply that they couldn't grasp the concept.

Really? I don't remember reading that at all ohmy.png

Source please because Google is not being my friend right now.

Shadow the fucking Hedgehog.

Game could've been fucking AWESOME, First.. kill that story. Hmm in order to do that I would need to kill it .. no never mind. Kill that story, fuck black doom, fuck more added pointless random story into shadow. This is an idea so bare with me. Shadow wakes up, thinking he should've been dead hears about Shadow helping sonic save the planet. Shadow thinks their talking about Adventure two, but he later finds out it's Heroes. Eggman didn't save Shadow but made the clone, who we find out is a clone later on. If we MUST add a new baddie, then the Gen. will be it. He can keep his backstory having grew up on the Ark, and all that jazz. Shadow has to stop Eggman from using his Shadow clones from taking over the world, stop from being killed by Gen. tower, and clear his name. Ye---ah I told you to bare with me.

Now.. gameplay. I wan't offended with the guns, YES I laughed when I saw the promo, NO I didn't throw up. Here's what we can do tho; FIRST since the guns are GONE.. lets work on some fucking combos. Get those Chaos moves down, fix some god damn slippy roads and polish those graphics. Hmmm I KNOW there's other things I could add, but my biggest beefs were the fact Sega had a chance to go nuts in a GOOD way with Shadow. He's the fucking Ultimate Lifeform and he's busting CAPS? Fuck that shit son, He's ULTIMATE! He;s going to the motherfucking goddamn DANTE of this series in his own game. WITHOUT help. No guns, no random tag alongs ... just shadow kicking ass and with a much more streamlined story.

I loved the game but it was shit.... That's the game I would change.

• Thumbs Up 2

Really? I don't remember reading that at all ohmy.png

Source please because Google is not being my friend right now.

Original interview is still up (if you can read Japanese), but the linked translation of it is gone:

(Also, blast from the past)

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

What about leave Sonic Colors on the Wii and play Generations instead.

Real mature.

How about playing Sonic Generations and Sonic Colours on the Xbox 360/PS3?

• Thumbs Up 1

Real mature.

How about playing Sonic Generations and Sonic Colours on the Xbox 360/PS3?

If Generations can't be on the Wii, Colors shouldn't be on the 360. It's only fair.

Sonic 3D Blast. Why? Simple, it needs a whole overhaul.

It needs the homing attack to be a normal ability but nerfed, flickies being useless, slight level redesigns, elemental shields and Super Sonic. That won't really feel like 3D Blast, but that's the point.

If Generations can't be on the Wii, Colors shouldn't be on the 360. It's only fair.

That's a bit silly. I wouldn't mind if they ported Generations to the WII.

• Thumbs Up 1

Shadow the Hedgehog, because whoever heard of a Sonic character using a gun?! Without the gun, yeah, it be much like a Sonic game except with Shadow in his place, but come on; Shadow has no need for a gun. If it was decided he use a laser blaster in some levels, kooky but OK, but a gun is not needed in a Sonic game... ever!

That defeats the point of this thread, because this is all hypothetical.

Not much of a remake but just more of an update.

Make Sth3&K in 3D, like they did with Generation's old gen Sonic and maps. BUT. JUST. S3&K PlZ!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see a remake of the game in which the glitches, gameplay issues, and loading times are fixed. For example, I'd like to see the rainbow gem (in-game Super forms) put in the port, along with the Speed Chip (both were supposed to be in the game) that makes Silver faster. Also, I'd like to see them fix Sonic's gems to the point that they are actually useful (i.e, green and blue gems).

Not much of a remake but just more of an update.

Make Sth3&K in 3D, like they did with Generation's old gen Sonic and maps. BUT. JUST. S3&K PlZ!

Yeah, something like this would look really cool.