Awoo.

Scooby Doo

Winston

scooby-doo-logo.png

Ah yes, Scooby-Doo. Brings back memories, doesn't it? From all those new crappy movies (And that VelmaXShaggy thing...-shivers-) Scooby-Doo hasn't been looking so good lately...This thread is to celebrate all that is Scooby-Doo and his old awesome movies from the 90's. Like say, Zombie Island, Cyber Chase, Alien Invaders, and the Witch's ghost. (Which are my most favorite Scooby Doo movies.) What's new Scooby Doo made Scooby-Doo...a little more lame, it wasn't a bad show or anything, but the movies after that show were CRAAAP. (Not to offend any new movie fans or anything...)

Anyways, discuss the epic-ness of Scooby Doo.

• Thumbs Up 5

I really loved the originals. The movies were entertaining. it was a good time for scooby. Then the new stutff came in. I was able to tolerate what's new scooby doo but that new show.... Ugh! that is just bad. They base it off of relationships and drama. Really i cringed at the whole shaggy and velma thing. It was just stomping on my childhood. and the animation is bad.

The old movies were also cool but the new one i keep hearing come out like every 3 months. And the live action ones were just plain bad. I laughed a few times, but not enough to make me like them. Cyber chase, witch and zombie island are my faves.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost
  • Thumbs Up 1

Cool, so lets shoot the shit on what were discussing in the statuses.

Out of all the movies i love the "Scooby Doo: X years later" arc of movies. if you remember those its the arc of movies that start with Zombie Island and end with Cyber Chase it was supposed to be its own series but never got off the ground, shame at that. but i feel that out of the 4 movies Cyber Chase was the weakest. its when the plots started to become alittle corny before the WNSD reboot. plus the hand drawn animation was replaced by digital art animation due to the big animation change of the 2000s it lost some of its luster that way. The Zombie, Alien, and Witch ones are what holds special to me even if CC is apart of that saga.

Then the WNSD (Whats New Scooby Doo) reboot came in and EVERYTHING started being based around that reboot including the new movies today even though the series has been long since dead (there using Mystery Inc. art styles! why when its not even apart of that series?!). I'd never liked WNSD for some reason probably the same reason why I never liked any of the series from 70s-90s. Guess I just never liked the corny shit Scooby was associated with Mystery Inc. was pretty good to me. And just wtf were they thinking with Shaggy & Scooby Doo get a clue...

Edited by goku262002

Cool, so lets shoot the shit on what were discussing in the statuses.

Out of all the movies i love the "Scooby Doo: X years later" arc of movies. if you remember those its the arc of movies that start with Zombie Island and end with Cyber Chase it was supposed to be its own series but never got off the ground, shame at that. but i feel that out of the 4 movies Cyber Chase was the weakest. its when the plots started to become alittle corny before the WNSD reboot. plus the hand drawn animation was replaced by digital art animation due to the big animation change of the 2000s it lost some of its luster that way. The Zombie, Alien, and Witch ones are what holds special to me even if CC is apart of that saga.

Then the WNSD (Whats New Scooby Doo) reboot came in and EVERYTHING started being based around that reboot including the new movies today even though the series has been long since dead (even though there using Mystery Inc. art styles!). I'd never liked WNSD for some reason probably the same reason why I never liked any of the series from 70s-90s. Guess I just never liked the corny shit Scooby was associated with Mystery Inc. was pretty good to me. And just wtf were they thinking with Shaggy & Scooby Doo get a clue...

I honestly only liked the movies, I was never really into the shows either. =/

Edited by Shaggy Rogers

(Whenever that starts. Thanks for the extra long hiatus, CN. dry.png )

Thats bad. If there hasn't been any recent news then don't expect it to come back.

I'm particularly impressed by What's New, Scooby Doo? and Scooby Doo, Mystery Incorporated, if only for the fact that they bothered making the rest of the cast aside from Shaggy and Scooby more than the boring filler they once where. The distinct traits that cropped up every now and again in the original have been carried over into more fleshed out personalities, so now everyone is actually funny, not just Shag and Scoob. I probably have to thank A Pup named Scooby Doo for this general trend nowadays, or for at least turning Fred into a big doofus.

• Thumbs Up 7

Definitely looking forward to the upcoming second season. (Whenever that starts. Thanks for the extra long hiatus, CN. dry.png )

I thought that show ended, I haven't seen any promos for the show in a long time.

What's funny is my mom was watching the show one day because I left the channel on CN and she said "Did you know Velma and Shaggy are dating, weird."

Thats bad. If there hasn't been any recent news then don't expect it to come back.

I'm not even sure what to think, the show has been nominated for number-one cartoon in the KCA's for two years in a row, so it must be doing pretty good. (Atleast I think...)

I'm particularly impressed by What's New, Scooby Doo? and Scooby Doo, Mystery Incorporated, if only for the fact that they bothered making the rest of the cast aside from Shaggy and Scooby more than the boring filler they once where. The distinct traits that cropped up every now and again in the original have been carried over into more fleshed out personalities, so now everyone is actually funny, not just Shag and Scoob. I probably have to thank A Pup named Scooby Doo for this general trend nowadays, or for at least turning Fred into a big doofus.

I was never that interested into the Scooby-Doo shows, I was more a fan of the movies. I did like What's New, Scooby Doo? a bit though, I don't like the Mystery Incorporated stuff very much though..

Edited by Shaggy Rogers

Whoop. Did a bit of research and found out that the official Warner Bros. website recently revealed that Mystery Inc. will return with new episodes starting May 3rd. That's a relief. smile.png

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 8

Speaking of A Pup named Scooby Doo (which i found very VERY annoying), which series was the sequal to that series? Was it WNSD or Mystery inc.? i know it was one of them that dwelled into their past in one episode and showed that they were the same kids from APnSD.

Whoop. Did a bit of research and found out that the official Warner Bros. website revealed that Mystery Inc. will return with new episodes starting May 3rd. That's a relief. smile.png

Neato! glad WB has some control over that leash CN has them in.

Edited by goku262002

Speaking of A Pup named Scooby Doo (which i found very VERY annoying), which series was the sequal to that series? Was it WNSD or Mystery inc.? i know it was one of them that dwelled into their past in one episode and showed that they were the same kids from APnSD.

I think it was Mystery Inc., not a hundred percent sure though.

From the episodes I watched, I actually really enjoyed Mystery Inc., was a nice new take on the franchise.

yPnaW.png

(That's me)

I've always loved Shaggy. He's one of the best cartoon characters in TV history. I've been told I look like Shaggy on countless occasions so something about him must be making it's way into the way I make myself look!

And is it considered a sin/guilty pleasure to enjoy the live-action movies? Not the new-new ones, of course...they looked horrible. D:

Edited by Swiss
  • Thumbs Up 4

And is it considered a sin/guilty pleasure to enjoy the live-action movies? Not the new-new ones, of course...they looked horrible. D:

The first one was pretty lack-luster, I really liked the second one though, I thought it was hilarious. (I'm talking about the first two, not those TV-Movies.)

Edited by Shaggy Rogers

I was never that interested into the Scooby-Doo shows, I was more a fan of the movies. I did like What's New, Scooby Doo? a bit though, I don't like the Mystery Incorporated stuff very much though..

When my school schedule permitted, I was always watching What's New, Scooby Doo? in the morning. I found the show rather funny, especially Velma. She became so dry and witty, as if she'd had it with her friends' comparable stupidity.

As for the movies, the first crop of new ones: Zombie Island, Witch's Ghost, Alien Invaders, and Cyber Chase, are my absolute favorites. They were pretty good homages to the original formula, had some good animation and catchy soundtracks, and real monsters, none of that cheap Halloween mask bullshit. All of the ones after that? I couldn't care less, especially since it seems they quickly dropped the "real monster" gimmick and the animation got noticeably worse.

(Well, that's not true: Where's My Mummy's gotten entertaining despite the annoying plot devices, like the locust thing. Eh.)

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 3

That'd be What's New. An episode dealt with Velma's fear of clowns and it resulted in a Pup Named Scooby-Doo styled flashback.

God I hated those Made-for-TV Live Action CN movies. Complete mockery on the original movie franchise and they count as canon pre-quals to that arc of movies! I guess I know how old Star Wars fans feel over the new first 3 movies.

That'd be What's New. An episode dealt with Velma's fear of clowns and it resulted in a Pup Named Scooby-Doo styled flashback.

Ah, ok. glad it was WNSD actually and it wasn't Mystery Inc.

Edited by goku262002

Ooooh, I remember that one now, screw me and my information.

God I hated those Made-for-TV Live Action CN movies. Complete mockery on the original movie franchise and they count as canon pre-quals to that arc of movies! I guess I know how old Star Wars fans feel over the new first 3 movies.

Really? I had no idea those were prequels, I thought they were just stories of the beginning of Scooby-Doo. Wow, that is stupid, especially how Fred has black and then blonde hair. (And the second one was utterly retarded for a prequel, mostly because Shaggy never liked Velma in the other two films.)

Edited by Shaggy Rogers

So there you guys know there was 2 different versions of the theme of Zombie Island? "Terror Time" is what i'm talking about.

This is the Skycycle version:

And this was a later released version:

I'm sure you can hear the differences.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scooby-Doo, blah blah blah, big part of my childhood, blah blah blah, I freakin' love this dog.

I can honestly say that I enjoy 80% of the Scooby media out there. (Including all the live-action films)

That's a lot more than the average poobrain, I'll tell ya. There's really not much of a reason as to why I enjoy this series, I just really love Shaggy and Scooby as characters, their dynamic or whatever. Now stop reading my crappy reasoning and go watch Get a Clue.

• Thumbs Up 1

So there you guys know there was 2 different versions of the theme of Zombie Island? "Terror Time" is what i'm talking about.

This is the Skycycle version:

And this was a later released version:

I'm sure you can hear the differences.

The first one sounds demonic.

Edited by Shaggy Rogers

Dem themes, so much nostalgia right there! Cheers, goku!

As much as I said I loved Shaggy, you truly can't have him without Scooby. They are easily in my top 3 cartoon duos of all-time, maybe even number one.

Yeah i don't know why they had to do a shorter re-recorded version for the album release, it was probably licensing issues with the dead skycycle band or whatever but i fucking LOVED that theme from the movie it sounded soo great. Still have the skycycle version on my ipod to this day. Shame i can't find a better quality one...

Why is Scooby-Doo getting worse?

The title for the new movie is "Scooby-Doo: Music of the Vampire". Seriously?

As out of place as this was in a scooby doo related thing i still loved it It's from the old original live action movie! "Heeey. I can look at myself naked!"

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost
  • Thumbs Up 3

Why is Scooby-Doo getting worse?

The title for the new movie is "Scooby-Doo: Music of the Vampire". Seriously?

Vampires and music again? didn't we just have that with one of the WNSD movies?

Speaking of which, the HEX sisters! I liked them in the X years later movie arc but when they started crossing over with other serieses and movie arcs there back story became soo convoluted because they couldn't link them with the Witches Hunt movie correctly they tried but it didn't make sense age wise and such. I did like the Mystery Inc. versions of them they didn't try to link them to the movie but made them their own universe thing with the gang re-meeting them and all.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 3