Awoo.

Scooby Doo

Winston

>Everyone talking about the live action movies, the reboot movies, the newer series, etc

WHAT.

First of all Scooby-Doo was like MY LIFE when I was a wee lad. Bedsheets, posters, lamp, clock, phone, fucking everything. But anyway

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? will always be the best anything to come out of the franchise and I hate you all for not even talking about it (and the people who did didn't even like it!) You're all disgusting people.

Though I guess there's not much to say anyway. What with being forty years old and all. But really, the old stuff was the best. All them classic monsters, all them cheesy chase scene songs, good stuff. 13 Ghosts and The New Scooby-Doo Movies were the best spinoffs too. Nothing gets better than Scooby and the gang solving mysteries with the goddamn Batman and the Addams family.

New stuff is pretty whatever overall. Zombie Island an Witch's Ghost were absolutely top notch and Alien Invaders and Cyber Chase were good too, though not to the same extent. After that the movies went to shit, though some of them are mildly entertaining. The first live action one was pants-on-head retarded but enjoyable, the second was pretty cool, the rest are sins. What's New Scooby-Doo? is also disgusting and completely uninteresting in every imaginable way. Mystery Inc. is actually a lot of fun and if it really has so many HB references I'll definitely be checking out more of it.

And I'll leave everyone with some nostalgia though some of you probably ran off and listened to this already anyway

• Thumbs Up 1

Man Noir your old school dispite being only 16. Good on ya I should be the old school one here but ironicly i'm more modern.

Anyways, More Hex Girls:

God damnit release those new mixes in full already!!

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ahh Scooby Doo. I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't terribly interested in the series before Mystery Incorporated came out, which has my full attention, and I'm glad season 2 is coming soon.

The episodic nature of the series just didn't really click with me, and I got tired of it becoming "The Shaggy & Scooby Show"

But enough about that, let's talk about everyone's favorite character, that lovable little rascal:

Scrappydoo.jpg

I do remember these songs, and I have seen the original series as well, but this is probably the most nostalgic tune for me;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMNsI9qh5TQ

What can I say? I grew up with ALL the 60-80s Scooby Doo stuff, as well the more modern Scooby Doo movies (ie Zombie Island-Cyber Chase). My mum is a huge fan (so much so that she called one her past dogs Scrappy, after the character that everyone else might say they loathed), and it's rubbed off on me big time. As such, I like the series with Scrappy and Scooby Dum and those other ones which most would balk at, I love Scooby Doo and the Ghoul School/Scooby Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf, and I didn't grow up watching a Pup Named Scooby Doo whatsoever(!).

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember the Scooby Doo: Where are You series. I must've watched every single episode multiple times. Then came what's new scooby doo...it was never the same.

Just alittle history on Why Zombie Island is damned good:

The film's screenplay was written by Glenn Leopold, of Nickelodeon's Doug, and Davis Doi, then a writer for Hanna-Barbera's production Dexter's Laboratory, contributed to the final script. After Don Messick's death, Scott Innes replaced Messick as the voice of Scooby Doo. Casey Kasem refused to reprise his role as Shaggy Rogers after his request for the character to be vegetarian was rejected. Instead, Billy West provided the voice for Shaggy. Mary Kay Bergman was cast as Daphne when the character was taken in a new direction. B.J. Ward who played Velma in the Johnny Bravo crossover episode, reprised her role in this film. Frank Welker is the only actor from the original series to reprise his role as the 1st man standing.

The film was directed by Jim Stenstrum, who worked as a character designer on numerous previous Scooby-Doo productions, beginning in 1983 with The New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show. Hiroshi Aoyama and Kazumi Fukushima directed the film as well, but are not credited on the picture. The film is based on Glenn Leopold's unfinished Swat Kats episode "The Curse of Kataluna", and written by Leopold and Davis Doi. The film and later following two films had a darker tone than the original cartoons, seeing how, to try to bring more attention to the films, the monsters were made real. The film was also dedicated in memory of Don Messick.

Professional composer Steven Bramson (who is also known for his contributions with fellow composer Bruce Broughton on projects such as Tiny Toon Adventures, JAG and Lost in Space) wrote all the music for the feature. The soundtrack for the film features three songs composed specifically for the film. "The Ghost Is Here" and "It's Terror Time Again", both written by Glenn Leopold, were performed by Skycycle. The title track, "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You", was performed by Third Eye Blind. The film was animated and is presented in standard 1.33:1 full frame format.

Btw, Cam Clarke is in this as well, best known for Leonardo from the 80s TMNT. No wonder why this movie is soo fucking win its 70s, 80s, and 90s nastalga in a nutshell with all those names working on it.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 2

I haven't seen any Scooby-Doo since I was a kid, really.

And I would have got away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling kids!

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh gawd, my childhood! biggrin.png When I was a little kid in the late nineties, I had a big love for old things. Watch the new shows? Fuck no! I went like the good little kid I was and watched Scooby Doo! Where are You? It was an awesome show and I enjoyed every second of it. It was darker and creepier than most shows while being funny. i also enjoyed A New Pup Named Scooby Doo for a nice little change of pace.

However, I kind of got downhearted by What's New and Get A Clue. By that point the show has lost the sarkness and creepyness that I had come to love from the franchise with Where Are You? and Zombie Island. This is probably why I love the new series so much. It's a lot darker and actually tries to be creepy. That, mixed with an over-arching story line, developing character and overdose of reference makes me love the show so much. i can't wait til it's back on the air.

Escape from Mystery Manor is one of my favourite episodes for being dark and an awesome Saw homage!

Also why did no one mention this song!?

Edited by PeanutButterDerp
  • Thumbs Up 1

I always thought the Scooby-Doo shows were pretty mediocre outside of Mystery Inc. Maybe I jumped into them at the wrong time, but I don't understand what's so great about them. I really hope they continue on with Mystery Inc, but I sort of doubt we'll see a second season.

SCOOBY DOOBY DOO. WHERE ARE YOU?

No seriously, where are you? Where is the old Scooby we used to know? I used to watch a lot of Scooby-Doo in my childhood. Scooby-Doo, Where are You!, A Pup Named Scooby-Doo and (The New) Scooby & Scrappy-Doo Show were no question - my favorite Scooby-Doo shows.

Then like 10 years later, they tried to reboot the cartoon series with What's New Scooby-Doo? I watched the whole first season then passed after that. It wasn't the same. I gave it a shot, nope.

The live action movie that released in 2002, Scooby-Doo! was an okay film, I sorta enjoyed it, can't deny, but wasn't enough for me to say "I want a sequel." Then the sequel Monsters Unleashed! happened. Funny enough, I ignored it. What's New Scooby-Doo? pretty much killed my love for Scooby-Doo.

Monsters Unleashed sequel was shit. Very shit. That should end the live action Scooby Doo. Was I right?

Nope. Five years later, they decided to reboot the live-action shit with Scooby-Doo! The Mystery Begins and a year later The Curse of The Lake Monster. WTF. This perfectly shows that Scooby-Doo is being milked.

And don't get me started on those direct-to-video films that are released every year.

I used to watch Scooby Doo when I was a kid and at the time I enjoyed it. However, as I got older I started to realise that it really wasn't very good. I saw the first live action movie when it premiered on TV and I thought it was terrible.

Mystery Incorporated, on the other hand is a very different story. I'd heard good things about the show prior to it airing on CBBC, so when they started showing it, I decided to check it out. Though its not perfect, its definitely a massive step in the right direction and some of the writing is very clever.

On the whole I enjoyed it and it got better as the series went on. I'm definitely hoping CBBC pick up series 2.

I used to LOVE Scooby-Doo as a child! I watched any Scooby-Doo I could, yes even What's New and Get A Clue (as well as the old shows which they played as well, and I also have a DVD of them). I don't really like it anymore, maybe I should try to re-watch some of the good incarnations of the show. From what I can understand the show went to shit later on. But I was a kid and that kind of stuff did not matter to me at the time, so I had great tines watching the old and new (not as good) shows.

I have a question, does anyone have the "Thirteen Ghosts of Scooby-Doo"? I've never been able to find it after I bought it, was it like a limited time thing?

HEY GUUUUUUUUUUUYS!

LIKE VAMPIRES?

LIKE MUSICALS?

LIKE SCOOBY DOO?

THEN GOOD! OUR DIRECT TO VIDEO MONKEY ANIMATORS SURE HAVE THE FILM FOR YOU!

Scooby-Doo%21_Music_of_the_Vampire.jpg

SCOOBY DOO AND THE MUSIC OF THE VAMPIRE!

SO DIRECT-TO-VIDEO, IT HURTS!

But seriously: SERIOUSLY?

This is NOT the Scooby-Doo I remember.

• Thumbs Up 6

HEY GUUUUUUUUUUUYS!

LIKE VAMPIRES?

LIKE MUSICALS?

LIKE SCOOBY DOO?

SCOOBY DOO AND THE MUSIC OF THE VAMPIRE!

SO DIRECT-TO-VIDEO, IT HURTS!

But seriously: SERIOUSLY?

This is NOT the Scooby-Doo I remember.

-starts laughing, then starts crying-

Wait a second, what the fuck is the guy on the top doing to Daphne?

Edited by Shaggy Rogers

-starts laughing, then starts crying-

Wait a second, what the fuck is the guy on the top doing to Daphne?

*Must...resist...making...Twilight...reference...*

• Thumbs Up 1

*Must...resist...making...Twilight...reference...*

He kind-of looks like the human version of Ludwig Von Koopa.

He kind-of looks like the human version of Ludwig Von Koopa.

Well, it's just that I recall seeing the synopsis for the movie when it aired on CN and it did say some vampire guy (obviously the one on the cover) wanted to marry Daphne or something.

I just saw simularities is all.

Well, it's just that I recall seeing the synopsis for the movie when it aired on CN and it did say some vampire guy (obviously the one on the cover) wanted to marry Daphne or something.

...What.

HEY GUUUUUUUUUUUYS!

LIKE VAMPIRES?

LIKE MUSICALS?

LIKE SCOOBY DOO?

You think the cover's bad? LOL. You have seen nothing yet. Take a listen to one of their showtunes in the movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14gjNRiw9yQ

Word of warning: You may want to cover your ears.

Edited by Ming Ming Love

Scooby Doo rules. I love the 60's-70's Scooby Doo the most. I was also a fan of A Pup Named Scooby Doo when I was a kid. I'm into anything Scooby Doo. The live-action movies were pretty good too, in my opinion. My favorite is the pilot episode of the original Scooby Doo. It's my favorite pilot for any cartoon out there, come to think of it.

You think the cover's bad? LOL. You have seen nothing yet. Take a listen to one of their showtunes in the movie:

Word of warning: You may want to cover your ears.

24 seconds in "Ok, i'm done".

Are those the Mystery Inc. VAs or the WNSD VAs?

I LOVED Scooby Doo always used to watch it when I was a kid biggrin.png I liked the orginal shows Scooby Doo Where are you? ,The Scooby Doo Show and Scooby Doo and Scrappy Doo but I also liked What's New Scooby Doo even if it wasn't as good as the original shows I still liked it It was GREAT! loved every thing which was in that show...especially the theme song plus it's much better than the recent ones. The old cartoon movies were were fun, wild, thrilling and full of entertainment even if the live ones though I liked the cartoons better, I still enjoyed watching them had a lot of the movies on tape (Cyber man, zombie island, lochness monster, ghoul school and many more). I hadn't watched Scooby Doo in ages since then suddenly Mystery Incoprated came on screen and aired last year or the year before (can't remember) and I didn't like it as much as the old shows it's meh not really fond of it I don't like Shaggy's new voice, don't hate but it's just odd (probably not used to it since I don't watch SD as much as I did as a kid). Thank you for making this thread brings back so many good memories watching Scooby Doo almost every single day, staying up late watching repeats as a kid, the top cartoon show I always wanted to see... whoops ZOIKS! (aside from Sonic of course). biggrin.png

Edited by C.J