Awoo.

Scooby Doo

Winston

24 seconds in "Ok, i'm done".

Are those the Mystery Inc. VAs or the WNSD VAs?

Most, most likely from the new Scooby-Doo cartoon series (Mystery Inc.) I didn't know about until this thread. Shaggy does not sound like that the last time I watched What's New Scooby-Doo.

Anyone here remember the Sooby Doo Movies tv series? I'm talking about the one with the hour long wpisodes where they met people like the 3 stooges, Batman and Robin, Don Knots and many other TV celebrities. That was a pretty good series despite the terrible animation. Also, 13 ghosts was ok, I didn't go crazy over it though. Also, those other older movies like Scooby Doo and the ghoul school was great, there was also the one where Shaggy's uncle dies and leaves him a fortune if he can solve the clues in his mansion. Also, I rather liked Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase.

That movie seems pretty stupid... but it can't be as bad as Shaggy and Scooby Doo Get a Clue. Seriously, The only thing Scooby Doo related in that show was the fact that Shaggy and Scooby were the stars.

That show sucked... SO HARD.

That movie seems pretty stupid... but it can't be as bad as Shaggy and Scooby Doo Get a Clue. Seriously, The only thing Scooby Doo related in that show was the fact that Shaggy and Scooby were the stars.

That show sucked... SO HARD.

I don't remember it being that bad.

Then again, I never rememebered Sonic Heroes handling like an ice skating game, so it's justified.

Right, love the original series, liked A Pup Named Scooby Doo, liked Mystery Incorparated, loved the 4 "AH REAL MONSTERS" flicks.

So... yeah.

Shaggy has always been my favorite character, even if he acts like a stoner.

The original theme song is also really catchy!

I can't even begin to imagine how much of an idiot he must have looked and felt having to do that while talking to nothing. x)

• Thumbs Up 1

Care to explain why? Not much point in you coming into the topic just to say you hate it.

I do not care to explain why.

I do not care to explain why.

Well, just a word of advice. It's usually pretty pointless to post in a topic just to say you hate it in a one-line post without any explanation.

• Thumbs Up 8

Never really was a Fan of Scooby doo myself. I always found the Original kinda boring to watch as a Kid, and never really found Big interest in the Characters and more then often found myself not caring simply.

However, I can see the appeal in it and appreciate the impact it had on Pop culture. I also have to admit that I enjoyed certain incarnations of Scooby Doo, such as 'the 13 Gosts of Scooby Doo', and I dmit that Mystery Inc show seems interesting.

I confess I hate Scrappy Doo, annoying little bastard. dry.png

You're not the only one.

I have a question, does anyone have the "Thirteen Ghosts of Scooby-Doo"? I've never been able to find it after I bought it, was it like a limited time thing?

I don't know about any DVD releases of the show, but I did have a similar experience with it on TV. I remember watching it on Saturday mornings on ITV in the early 90s. At the time I believed it to be a new show, it wasn't till some time later I discovered it was from the mid 80s (though for all I know that may have been the first time ITV showed it). Then after that run on Saturday mornings, it was never shown again. The other versions of Scooby Doo all got repeats but never that (not on terrestrial TV anyway, though I believe it aired on Satellite and Cable as I remember seeing it in the listings).

Eventually a couple of years ago Virgin Media put the series on their On Demand TV service and I watched the first episode again on there.

Well, just a word of advice. It's usually pretty pointless to post in a topic just to say you hate it in a one-line post without any explanation.

It's the same as coming and saying "I love Scooby Doo", but no one asks why. One person says something negative and you need to explain why.

Why didn't you ask BW199148 why he hates Scrappy Doo?

Edited by Jay Rockman

Because that kinda goes without saying. Everyone hates Scrappy.

And most people here have explained what exactly it is that they love about the series. And I'm only saying this because I'm pretty sure it's actually a rule of the forum. :P

• Thumbs Up 7

I dislike Scrappy because I felt that he was unecessary character what is with Hanna-Barbera adding annoying characters as the shows popularity wanes? At first I thought Scrappy was okay but after a couple of episodes I began to find him annoying, plus I felt that he got in the way of Scooby and Shaggy.

For example, the Great Gazoo from the Flintstones, I mean was he really necessary? sleep.png

Edited by BW199148

DA-DUH-DDA-DUH-DUH-DAAA! PUPPY POWER!

I thought Scrappy was an interesting character. Although people tend to hate brats.

Edited by Ming Ming Love

Yeesh, Scooby Doo. This is a show I love and don't care for. I mostly don't care for the early 60s-70s seasons because those were formulaic to a tee and had that Hannah Barbera humor, tied together with cheap animation, that I really don't care for all too much. Granted there were funny jokes every now and then and I liked them, but the show overall was a bore. It really got worse during the Scooby Doo Movies. I mean, I can't stand the idea of watching a standard Scooby Doo episode for one whole hour.

Thankfully, in the 80s-90s Scooby Doo was on a pretty good streak for me. I thought 13 Ghosts was a really good idea with some scary monsters, though it's a shame it never finished. A Pup Named was bloody hilarious and it's animation was nothing to snuff at either. The jokes were pretty well timed, and the characters were all actually developed in ways that were actually funny. (Ok, Velma was still a bland plot detector, but they eventually remedied that.) Fred was now a hilarious and paranoid lug. Daphe's obsession with her looks was fun as well, and brought some good jokes. Also, having the location be one consistent town added a bit more consistency to the mix as well. Sad that Pup would be the last time Don Messick voice Scooby.

Then the Noughties came around and Scooby's appeal was varying. I enjoyed WNSD well enough for hilarious Fred, Scooby, and Shag, but everything else felt just a little bit dry. The jokes during the sequences when the cast weren't being chased by the monsters were poor, and lacked a lot of the original flair. Velma was somewhat funny with her deadpan attitude in this series, but I think it could've been better. I never saw the Shaggy and Scooby show, but I've heard nothing but drek about it. (Oh, and that running gag about Scooby not thinking he was a dog was not funny.) However, as a plus for this show, the silly chase sequences were more hilarious than they had been in ages. The gags the animators got down in the segment would literally have me dying in my seat.

Then comes Mystery Inc. I liked it, but didn't finish season 1 because I the schedule varied too much for it's releases. I think I'll catch up sooner or later. From what I saw though, the drama got a little overboard, and Velma was starting to bug me. However, the jokes had heightened up to the nether regions in hilarity during the segments when the cast wasn't being chased. However, the chase sequences lost a lot of the humor from WNSD. I guess that's the sacrifice.

As for the movies, I really liked the initial four DTVs in the 90s. The ideas of the monsters being real definitely was a Scooby Doo concept deserving of movies. The movies really put a lot of emphasis on how to make their villains cool, and the animation wasn't even that bad. Plus, there was a bit of extra humor for me to see Shaggy and Scooby running from real monsters.

After the initial four DTVs though... they fell into the same trap as TNSDM, they were one hour versions of standard Scooby Doo episodes, and I couldn't stand it. The one recent DTV I have liked though has to be the Haloween one. The animation wasn't half bad and it even worked as a decent fantasy adventure.

Oh bother, I forgot to mention the 80s DTVs. Let's see, I thought they were ok. Reluctant Werewolf was good for what it was, and the gags weren't that bad. Ghoul School though...

cripes...

Ok, I'll respond, it's just that I need to get my bearings before saying this.

....THERE WERE TOO MANY PUNS!!!!!!

Seriously, I was ready to tear my hair out with all those puns. Scrappy, rapping in the end didn't help.

Oh yeah, let's get to the subject of Scrappy. He was an annoying character, but I enjoyed him for what he brought a new set of jokes to play with. The funny thing is, Scrappy actually saved Scooby from cancellation back in the 70s.

So that's everything I have to say about Scooby Doo.

Edited by VisionaryBlur

You may have been the only person in the whole world that put so much thought into Scooby Doo.today.

And now that I think about it, I did like the scooby doo where they were all kids.

Edited by Jay Rockman

You may have been the only person in the whole world that put so much thought into Scooby Doo.today.

And now that I think about it, I did like the scooby doo where they were all kids.

A Pup Named Scooby Doo? huh.png

Most, most likely from the new Scooby-Doo cartoon series (Mystery Inc.) I didn't know about until this thread. Shaggy does not sound like that the last time I watched What's New Scooby-Doo.

Casey Kasem retired from the role. he's now voiced by Mathew Lillard who played him the two theatrical live action films. Kasem actually does play Shaggy's dad in Mystery Incorporated which make more kind of a "passing the torch" sort of thing.

It's the same as coming and saying "I love Scooby Doo", but no one asks why. One person says something negative and you need to explain why.

Look man no offense but its just not a good idea here, we tend to get into arguments over anything were a very argumentive and debating fanbase its best just to avoid it whenever you can. your just asking for trouble unless your providing some reasoning or substance behind it. No one needs to ask why someone likes something its probably the same answer as everyone else but its natural human curiosity to ask why someone doesn't like it and replying with answering along the lines of "Sod off i don't need to explain anything to you" well, your just asking for it then its like the equivalent of shoving the schoolyard bully. besides those type of posts tend to look spammy something the mods try to cut down on. Just provide alittle reasoning next time why you like or dislike something, everyone else is doing it at least on the liking side of things. Fall to the peer pressure maaaaaan...

And the Universe hates Scrappy Doo, its a character that never should've existed. theres only a very small fanbase that does like him. very small, almost microscopic.

Edited by goku262002