Awoo.

Scooby Doo

Winston

I liked the first live action movie but not the one that followed. I remember this other old scooby film called Scooby Doo and the Arabian Nights or something like that, ring any bells?. Basically Scooby and Shaggy were imprisoned at the sultan's palace and had to read him the stories of Simbad the Sailor and Aladin I think. It was pretty good, The movie was pretty much about those 2 stories with Scooby and Shaggy tacked on for some reason.

Also, Bravo Dooby Doo!

I remember this other old scooby film called Scooby Doo and the Arabian Nights or something like that, ring any bells?. Basically Scooby and Shaggy were imprisoned at the sultan's palace and had to read him the stories of Sinbad the Sailor and Aladdin I think. It was pretty good, The movie was pretty much about those 2 stories with Scooby and Shaggy tacked on for some reason.

Yeah, I remember that. Scooby-Doo! in Arabian Nights. Scooby and Shaggy are hired as royal food-tasters by a young Arab Caliph - a job offer they can't refuse. When they eat everything, the Caliph gets mad and has his guards chase them, until he finds Shaggy disguised in drag as a harem girl. In order to make the prince fall asleep, Shaggy tells him two classic stories: The first tale is about a female character named Aliya-Din and how the genies (played by Yogi and Boo Boo) help her obtain the love of a prince while thwarting the plot of the evil vizier Haman.

The second and final tale is about Sinbad the Sailor (played by Magilla Gorilla) and how he mistakens a pirate ship for a cruise ship. When Shaggy is about to escape, the Caliph decides to start the ceremony right away. When the wedding cake arrives, Shaggy pigs out and his ruse is discovered. He and Scooby are asked to be the royal storytellers, and the duo accept as well as being the royal food tasters again.

Edited by Scooby-Doo

Eh... I think the first live action movie was pretty overrated.

Dunno if I should spoilertag or not... I'm not, cause I'm pretty sure everyone's seen it by now.

I mean it was okay, it had some funny moments but the plot twist with Scrappy being the villain under the mask just felt so fanboyish and ruined the movie for me... I know almost everyone (including myself) has a distaste towards that character, but come on! That's something fanfic writers do...

Though seeing as how Scrappy is so hated, I'm sure the fans of Scooby Doo didn't really care. It just bugged me so much though.

I've only seen part of the second one though. I do remember a joke involving Jehovah's Witnesses that made me laugh harder than I should have. (No intolerance, for I used to be a Jehovah's witness and I have relatives who are.)

I liked the first live action movie but not the one that followed. I remember this other old scooby film called Scooby Doo and the Arabian Nights or something like that, ring any bells?. Basically Scooby and Shaggy were imprisoned at the sultan's palace and had to read him the stories of Simbad the Sailor and Aladin I think. It was pretty good, The movie was pretty much about those 2 stories with Scooby and Shaggy tacked on for some reason.

Also, Bravo Dooby Doo!

Oh god, that drek. I used to love the Arabian Nights movie, but looking at it today just makes me gag. The animation is an absolute joke, and the jokes aren't even funny. It was a ridiculous DTV and the worst of all the Scooby DTVs. It was also a waste of a good Yogi Bear, and Magilla Gorilla cameo.

Hey Metal-Hedgehog, Still waiting on that livestream of the 2nd movie man. C'mon step it up!~

Guys, I might stream Scooby-Doo! and the Alien Invaders tonight. (If that's O.K. with everybody.)

When bro? I'm not getting home until 7:30pm PST tonight

I can do it at 10:30 PM EST I guess...but I can't do it tomorrow, because I'm too busy. =U

Scooby Doo fan here. The franchise has certainly had its ups and down moments. I loved the original stuff and some of the newer stuff is pretty good too. Zombie Island was one of the best modern Scooby Doo movies to ever come out of the existence. The Hex Girls songs from The Witch's Ghost was really good too. In regards to the live action movies, the first one wasn't bad, but the latter ones I didn't care for. For the newer TV series, What's New Scooby Doo isn't bad at all in my opinion. Mystery Inc, while not bad, seemed out of place at times. I'm not sure who's idea was it to pair Velma and Shaggy up since they never seemed like a couple to me.

Regarding Scrappy, the character a lot of people love to hate, I don't hate him per se, but I did found him annoying, especially his ego.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

MAJOR BUUUUMP!

Apparently Warner Bros are going to bring Scooby Doo back to the big screen with a film reboot. http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/warner-bros-ready-to-reboot-scooby-doo/

Oh would you look at that, hollywood is doing yet ANOTHER reboot of a classic series. WHAT FUN!mellow.png

EXCLUSIVE: The gestation period for reboots seems to be getting short. Warner Bros in the early stages of launching a newScooby-Doo. The studio made a Raja Gosnell-directed live-action comedy out of the Hanna-Barbera cartoon that starred Freddie Prinze Jr, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Matthew Lillard, Linda Cardellini and Isla Fisher as the young sleuths. The film grossed $268 million worldwide, and Warner Bros and Gosnell made a sequel two years later. Now the studio is starting from scratch, setting Randall Green to craft a new adventure. There are no other attachments at the moment beyond original producer Charles Roven, who will produce this one for Atlas.

I was a big fan of What's New Scooby Doo? and a lot of people are telling me that Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated is a very good show as well. Can anyone here back that up?

I was a big fan of What's New Scooby Doo? and a lot of people are telling me that Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated is a very good show as well. Can anyone here back that up?

It all depends on what you want in a Scooby Doo cartoon. It changes the formula pretty drastically (an overarching plot, Velma wanting to be with Shaggy, they even give a (convoluted) reason as to why Scooby can talk.)

Personally I'm not a fan of it, it doesn't feel like Scooby Doo to me. I prefer standalone episode.

It's honestly one of the few Scooby Doo things I would say is genuinely great as opposed to just good. A solid myth arc, interesting character development, reliable writing, decent animation, genuine respect for the franchise, the works. Be warned, thought. For heaven knows what reason the first quarter or seems entirely based around shipping, and while it is necessary to set up the later stuff it's hard to be patient about it if you hate the stuff. After that, though, it's mostly smooth sailing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh yeah, random somewhat related question: What's your opinion on What's New Scooby Doo, thread? It was the Scooby show I watched most as a kid tied with reruns of the old, classic series, but I'm not sure how well it holds up since it's been a while. 

I love it. It feels like a modern version of the original series, even the theme song reminds me of it.

Admittedly the monster's weren't as memorable but they did a good enough job (I remember the theme park episode a lot.)

MAJOR BUUUUMP!

Apparently Warner Bros are going to bring Scooby Doo back to the big screen with a film reboot. http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/warner-bros-ready-to-reboot-scooby-doo/

Oh would you look at that, hollywood is doing yet ANOTHER reboot of a classic series. WHAT FUN!mellow.png

Unless it's animated, I have no interest in it.

Unless it's animated, I have no interest in it.

Actually funny you mentioned that. From what I've glanced on Wikipedia, a reboot of Scooby Doo Warner Bros announced on August 13 that they intended to reboot Scooby Doo as an animated film. If that holds true, then it's possible Warner Bros are doing this animated.

The real question is this: will it be CG animated or traditional 2D?