Awoo.

Scooby Doo

Winston

Actually funny you mentioned that. From what I've glanced on Wikipedia, a reboot of Scooby Doo Warner Bros announced on August 13 that they intended to reboot Scooby Doo as an animated film. If that holds true, then it's possible Warner Bros are doing this animated.

The real question is this: will it be CG animated or traditional 2D?

I think it's highly likely it's gonna be CG since hand drawn animation is on the brink of extinction in theaters nowadays. Heck you know it's dying if the master of 2d known as Disney won't even touch it with a ten foot pole now. But I could be wrong, and honestly I'm hoping I'm wrong as well.

Out of the animated movies, my personal favourites were Zombie Island and Cyber Chase. They both had good stories, had the same humor while making it a bit darker and the soundtracks in them were brilliant with the two best in my opinion being Terror Time from Zombie Island and Hello Cyberdream from Cyber Chase. Apart from that, Witch's Ghost and Space Invaders were great for more focus on Scooby and Shaggy especially in giving them love interests.

I think the last great animated movie was SD and the Vampire's Curse and Monster of Mexico then It started going downhill from Pirates Ahoy.

As for the live action movies, The first two are Ok for a watch in my opinion while I thought the first prequel was decent but the sequel to that, the live action one with the camp monster was just cringe-inducing. The special effects and costumes were awful and the amount of corny stupid and campy moments made the movie even more hard to watch.

• 9 months later...

The only reason I decided to try out Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated was because it was made by the same people who created The Looney Tunes Show, my all-time favorite TV Show. I watched the entire series in one weekend. I regret nothing. 

Also, they're coming up with a new show called Be Cool Scooby Doo!. Looks terrible. 

• 9 months later...

Bump.

So SSMB, I wanna see your shock and horror reactions to this. Scooby Doo is getting a DC Comics new 52 comic reboot along with some other Hanna Barbara franchises. heres the first issue cover:
zq3gtmm3t9ksh3linwld.jpg

And if you think I'm joking. (Kotaku)

Okay so my breakdown of this:

~Wtf is scooby doo now? alien dog? techno hybrid? explain here. also "Scoob, what does the scouter say about his power level?!"
~Daphne looks like she can tango with Black Widow in a fight now, which is cool. hated her outdated damsel in distress shit.
~Fred is still wearing the fucking scarf why?!?! also he looks like someone from Contra.
~Shaggy looks like my cousin Michael, who ironically lives in the mountains and smokes pot. so yeah they nailed that.
~And Velma...oh velma...gamer/tech girl now? and how much did they de-age her by?!

• Thumbs Up 5

Well geez. Scooby looks like he's been fitted with cyberkinectics (I know that's his collar, but his eyebrows might be holograms.) Shaggy's a hippie now. Fred's buffed up! :wacko: Daphne looks pretty badass, and that's probably the only design that I like. Velma has gone 100% tech nerd now.

In conclusion, it looks like a combo of Scooby Doo and Ghostbusters. I get that they're detectives and they hunt down ghosts, but why with all the technology?

Shaggy's always been a hippie, now he just looks like a modern day one.

I'll give it a shot, see if this can work.

I'm not too fond of how this is looking. Do they really need to make realistic reboots of everything these days? I mean, I guess I won't have a problem with this if the writing is good. We've seen Scooby-Doo in a serious plot before (Mystery Incorporated) so it can work, but are they cancelling the series they already have? I'm not sure what it's called in America, but I've been reading the Greek version (which is sadly hard to find and is on a wonky publishing schedule) and I'm really enjoying it. They capture the essence of Scooby-Doo perfectly and it feels like I'm going through an episode of the cartoon. I get really sucked in. So I hope they don't stop those just for this reboot. And if they do, it better be a damn good read. 

2 hours ago, goku262002 said:

Shaggy's always been a hippie, now he just looks like a modern day one.

I'll give it a shot, see if this can work.

Hippie? More like Green Arrow.

Only thing I can say DC is

Scooby Dooby Doo?

How about Scooby Dooby Don't

2 hours ago, goku262002 said:

"Scoob, what does the scouter say about his power level?!"

"...It's....IT'S OVER 8000"

"HIS SCARY LEVEL IS OVER 8000"

"Yikes! Le-let's get out of here Super Saiyan Scooby!"

The more I see of Shaggy's design, the more I'm saddened, He was one of my favourite characters at one point, and while he isn't one of my all time favourites anymore, it's saddening to see him being degenerated to what looks like a over the top picture of a modern day hipster.

• Thumbs Up 1