Awoo.

Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia to follow JSR.

killemoff

http://www.gamereact.../grtv/?id=27471

Start watching at the 7 minute marker, he clearly states that after Jet Set Radio, Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia are next.

Shenmue AND Skies of Arcadia are making a comeback, folks.

I... I... I love you Sega. *manly tears flow*

Edited by killemoff
  • Thumbs Up 7

Hopefully its the Gamecube version with the Dreamcast music. I rather enjoyed the ability to walk 6 feet without having to fight someone.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think we've got a winner here.

SEGA, I'm beginning to like you more than Nintendo, and that's saying something. (it doesn't help that you have the best pr ever)

• Thumbs Up 2

I haven't played either of these games yet. I've been wanting to for the longest time, and now I can finally get a chance!

THANK YOU SEGA!! :D

Wait.. Shenmue!?

And Skyes!?

Two of the games I've always wanted to try but never could!?

And if this follow JSR trend it will have some improvements and will come to PC!?

tear_of_joy_e.jpg

Take my bank account... It's yours now...

I'm likely to pick up Skies of Arcadia if it comes to Steam. Speaking of JSF, I might just get that one too rather than the Dreamcast version like I mentioned before.

Eh, not too excited. Skies was so-so and Shenmue just insisted on itself. Both are overrated.

JUST KIDDING! I am HYPED!!!!

• Thumbs Up 3

Hmmmm.... I've never picked up either of these games, but Vyse and Elisa were so cool in Valkyria Chronicles. I have to give their game a shot.

I have honestly not played either in my life ontop of Jet Set Radio, but I want this, I really do, I have wanted to try Shenmue for a while :)

But when you think about it, I know they never said any other games, but here's a theory I have (and hope for)...

The last Dreamcast Collection had four games, so far, three other Dreamcast games have pretty much been announced/confirmed/hinted at. Also, every Sega-themed Compilation SEGA throws out to release pretty much always has a Sonic game on it, and next to these Dreamcast games, whats another Dreamcast game the fans have been screaming for?

Sonic Adventure 2

I hope there IS a fourth and if so, I hope it's THIS!!!

But either way, I can't wait to play more SEGA games :D

Now I finally have a reason to play Shenmue... TROPHIES! lolz, Well actually it's a practical reason, with my current system set up, it's a lot less hasstle to just download it new than to unplug everything and plug it in again and then hope my Dreamcast will work fine with my telly.

As for the new port/update whatever it'll be.

As we've seen with Sonic CD, Crazy Taxi and JSR, are there any music choices in these games which might not make the cut?

As we've seen with Sonic CD, Crazy Taxi and JSR, are there any music choices in these games which might not make the cut?

I think Shenmue is safe. Only product placements were Coca-Cola, and those were already removed from the US version. All music was original and any non-Shenmue stuff was SEGA owned.

I have honestly not played either in my life ontop of Jet Set Radio, but I want this, I really do, I have wanted to try Shenmue for a while smile.png

But when you think about it, I know they never said any other games, but here's a theory I have (and hope for)...

The last Dreamcast Collection had four games, so far, three other Dreamcast games have pretty much been announced/confirmed/hinted at. Also, every Sega-themed Compilation SEGA throws out to release pretty much always has a Sonic game on it, and next to these Dreamcast games, whats another Dreamcast game the fans have been screaming for?

Sonic Shuffle.

There'll be more Dreamcast games so if they make more disc collections I expect Sonic Shuffle to be on one of 'em.

• Thumbs Up 1

Have people actually been screaming for Sonic Shuffle? Every time it is brought up here, the at most four-to-five people who have played it basically just spend their time ripping into how bad it was.

I'd imagine stuff like Crazy Taxi 2, Daytona 2001 and Adventure 2 would be wanted a hell of a lot more.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 5

Have people actually been screaming for Sonic Shuffle? Every time it is brought up here, the at most four-to-five people who have played it basically just spend their time ripping into how bad it was.

I was half-joking, but then followed up by mentioning they'll probably do it anyway. I should have been more clear, sorry.

And yes, Sonic Shuffle is a terrible game, but that's why it's so fun to play with friends.

Wow, this is pretty awesome.

I have to admit, I've never actually played Shenmue before. Maybe this well give me more of a reason to. From what little I've played of Skies of Arcadia, it seemed really good and something I could get in to.

Hopefully its the Gamecube version with the Dreamcast music. I rather enjoyed the ability to walk 6 feet without having to fight someone.

That would be perfect. The Gamecube version was better gameplay wise but, the music suffered due to small storage capacity.

I first got Shenmue when I was 14 and was probably too young to truly appreciate it back then, I thought it was an amazing game with charm like nothing I had ever played before but at that age I couldn't quite get over the fact I was playing a story. I think I'd LOVE it nowadays though, plus it now has a ton of nostalgia for me, especially if they release it near Christmas.

Skies of Arcadia is a game I've wanted to play for ages, very excited for these!

SHENMUE...SEGA Thank you!!! don't know what else to say....simply the BEST game I've ever played and one of the greatest masterpiece in the videogame history!

• Thumbs Up 2

It freaks me out that people on a Sega/Sonic Forum haven't played Skies, JSR or Shenmue. I mean what the heeeeelll guys!! dreamcast!!

The only one that's a sure buy for me is JSR. I own all three games on DC but JSR is the one I'm craving for the most. I'll echo Tornado's request on Skies, Gamecube version lowered fight rate plz ._.

I hope they release Shenmue II as well. Maybe put them both in a bundle?

• Thumbs Up 3

EDIT: ^ GET OUT OF MY HEAD CHARLES

I'd hope any subsequent release of SoA would be based on the enhanced GC port with the added content, further refinements and the fixed ludicrous encounter rate.

Though if they leave the extra censorship behind I won't mind.

Edited by Dobkeratops