Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

So wait what happened to Thanos? Is he for Avengers 3 or something? Maybe they will both be in the movie..........
Joss Whedon said a while ago that Thanos is going to be built up until they can fight him in Avengers 3.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not going to lie the fact that they are getting to Ultron so quick worries me but I hope that they don't shorten him to just one movie I want him to be in there for the long haul.

Doctor Doom and Ultron are my two favorite Avengers villains so I honestly can't wait to see how this plays out.

I think we all know Ultron will survive one way or another, but what this does for me, is make me ultra confident that Henry Pym is Ant-MAn! you cant have one without the other(or at least not cohesively) now this could also mean that Pym is Ant-man in AAoU, but then Lang takes over in the Ant=Man movie, then Yellowjacket shows up in A3, I could live with that

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait.

Wasn't Ant-Man a Phase 3 movie? How could introduce Ultron so easily?

Not that I'm against it, but still.

I'm so excited for Avengers 2. It really gives me something to look forward to while I'm gone. Seriously that will be the first movie I purchase when I get back! Plus after that, I can await seeing Thanos in 3. Assuming 3 will be released 2018 or 2019.

Edited by Jaden Yuki

Oh and Guardians Of The Galaxy got a new logo.

I like it, nice and metal, gives a good space theme.

Though, I do kinda miss the cosmic background

Edited by Clark Kent

Thor The Dark World footage

The footage begins in the middle of a battlefield. The Warriors Three are among those fighting. The rainbow bridge appears and Mjolnir comes through first. It hits one of the opponent soldiers and Thor is right behind it. He slams it against the Earth and soldiers go flying. Sif saves Thor from a spear at the last second. Over the hill a giant monster who looks like he's made of clay approaches. He's huge and angry. Nearly 20 feet. "I accept your surrender," Thor grins. The beast refuses and Thor smashes him to pieces with the hammer. "Anyone else?" Thor asks. The Marvel logo comes up and we're in London. Jane Foster is there and Thor arrives via the bridge. "I gave you my word I would return for you," he says. We see Jane in Asgard, exploring the wonder of it all. There's a brief, "Holy s--t" line from Kat Dennings as Thor and Jane vanish via the bridge. There's a brief, "Holy s--t" line from Kat Dennings as Thor and Jane vanish via the bridge. Thor goes to Loki. He's get in a prison cell with a big glass panel in front. "After all this time, you come before me, brother?" says Loki, "Why? To mock?" Thor says he needs Loki's help. We see a hand reach for a broken mask, I believe it's Malekith. "Your bravery will not relieve your pain," a voice (I think Eccleston) says. "Your family and your world will be extinguished." Loki sets off with Thor, Jane, Sif and the Warriors Three for a mission. Jane looks at a monitor and says something about the fabric of reality being torn apart. Sif tells Loki that if he betrays Thor, she'll kill him. Jane marches right up and slaps Loki in the face. "That was for New York!" she says. "I like her," Loki grins. There's a final shot of Thor on the ground, hurt, with Loki standing over him. He kicks Thor directly in the face. Thor reaches for his hammer, but Loki kicks his hand away.

Mr. Hiddleston showed up in-character and introduced the footage, making tumblr fangirls wet everywhere

Captain America: The Winter Soldier footage

We open in an elevator. Cap is inside, looking out the glass window. I think we're in DC. We see him from behind. He's got the shield on his back like a backpack. He turns as more people (Frank Grillo among them) get on. His uniform is new. It looks a lot like the US Agent costume. The music is moody, like The Hunt For Red October. Cap looks Grillo up and down. He senses something isn't right. More people get on. Cap keeps looking at them. He notices many of them are armed. More and more get on with each floor. The elevator is packed. Cap takes another look at their guns. "Before we get started," he says, "Does anyone want to get out?" Grillo says something about it "not being personal" and a fight breaks out. It's a massive fight, mostly shot from above, in the confined space. Cap takes out every single guy. He kicks his shield, flipping it into his hand as he exits. 

The Marvel logo comes up. We see Robert Redford in an office. He saying that he joined SHIELD to protect the world. "To build a better world sometimes means tearing the old one down," he says. "And that makes enemies." We see the Helicarrier flying. Lots of Black Widow action. Fury shaking hands with Redford. Fury is talking to Cap. "I thought the punishment usually came after the crime," Cap tells him. We see Mackie running from a futuristic helicopter. He leaps off a building and we see the Falcon wings come out! Cap on his motorcycle, fighting the helicopter. The helicarrier falling out of the sky in flames. The final shot is Cap's shield on the ground, A metal hand reaches down to pick it up, revealing the Winter Soldier.

GOTG Concept art and footage

dkm1.jpg

The Guardians of the Galaxy footage could be my favorite thing I've seen at Comic-Con this year. Guardians of the Galaxy footage just played, revealing the designs of all the characters, with plenty of laughs and action. Star-Lord gets arrested, disappointed they don't know his name. Gamora is described as "Thanos' adopted daughter" by Reilly. No word on the voice of Rocket, But he's feisty. He spits as his name gets read. Dave Bautista's Drax the Destroyer wear the body paint from the comics in what we saw while he's in prison. Groot, who is all CGI and has to lean down for his mug shot. Reilly calls him a "personal houseplant slash muscle." I AM GROOT! Then Star Lord, who very slowly does a jack-in-the-box flipping off Reilly. When he finishes, he mocks surprise. "Oh," he says ,"I'm sorry. I didn't know how that machine worked." As he's getting booked, he's very angry about a guard taking his headphones and listening to them. John C. Reilly: "They call themselves The Guardians of the Galaxy" Peter Serafinowicz: "What a bunch of A-holes."

Edited by Black Mamba
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thor The Dark World footage

Mr. Hiddleston showed up in-character and introduced the footage, making tumblr fangirls wet everywhere

Captain America: The Winter Soldier footage

GOTG Concept art and footage

dkm1.jpg

Okay is it a thing for actors to show up in character now to Comic-Con or was this kind of stuff happening before? Because no matter how it started I love it and it's awesome and based Andrew Garfield and Tom Hiddleston etc etc. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

Man I am going crazy because I'm gonna have to wait a whole year before I can see the Avengers 2 and Ant Man!(especially with what we've heard about the A2) The anticipation!

I also hope with this Dr. Strange movie coming out, we see Shuma Gorath. I love that villain. The creepiness of the character just feels so right in a movie like this. I'm expecting 2016 for its release.

Aside from that, I'm excited to go see the marvel movies I CAN see.:P I was neve a fan of the first Thor(it was to boring IMO and the lack of multiple locations saddend me.) But the sequel is shaping up great, Captain America 2 from what we've seen an heard probably won't disappoint, the Amazing Spider-Man is probably the only one I'm genuinely worried about. I hope the villain this time around is much more interesting. And then we have the uniqueness of Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm excited. Plus we when I get back, I've still got titles to look forward to(Tasm 3, Avengers 3). All in all, I'm excited for the coming years!

Edited by Jaden Yuki

Ok, so unless they are covering up, it looks like weldon has just sunk the entire stinking movie: as in, NO HENRY PYM, They now have me ANT MAD DX

Joss Whedon Says THE AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Will Be An Origin Story; Confirms No Hank Pym
83845.pngJoss Whedon confirms that the movie shares only a title with the comic book event, and will instead be a totally original story. However, it WON'T feature Hank Pym and it sounds as if he will be a creation of Iron Man's! Hawkeye is also set to have a much larger role in the "global" sequel. Read on for details!
Follow Josh:
CBMBTNS.pngfacebookBTNS.pngtwitterBTNS.pnggoogleBTNS.png
By Josh Wilding - 7/21/2013
89783918361789.png
Marvel caught up with Joss Whedon (what follows is my own transcription of their conversation as it has yet to be released officially after airing just moments ago on their live blog) at the San Diego Comic-Con to talk all things The Avengers: Age of Ultron. Surprisingly, the writer and director revealed a lot more than any of us may have expected! After saying that he always wanted to use Ultron as the villain in a sequel, Whedon would go on to clear up some misconceptions that the title has caused. "Well, because there was a book called 'Age of Ultron' quite recently, a lot of people have assumed that is what we're doing, but that is not the case. We're doing our own version of the origin story for Ultron. In the origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed that he will be in the mix. He's not. We're basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use. A lot of stuff has to fall by the wayside."

So, if Hank Pym doesn't create Ultron, who does? Well, Tony Stark seems to be the most obvious candidate, especially after Iron Man 3 showed that he had managed to create sentient versions of his armour. "We're crafting our own version of it where his origin comes more directly from The Avengers we already know about. It's a little bit darker than the other film because Ultron is in the house. There's a science fiction theme that wasn't there in the other one. Ultron is definitely something that evolves, so we're going to get together a couple of different iterations. Nothing can be translated exactly as it was from the comics; particularly Ultron." Finally, he was asked about the scale of the movie and which character he is most enjoying writing and revealed: "It's very much a global Avengers film. A lot of the movie has to do with their place not just in America, but the world. Part of the fun for me, definitely this time around, is writing Hawkeye. He did get possessed pretty early by a bad guy and had to walk around all scowly for most of the movie so now it's nice to actually have the character there and see him interact with the other guys." What do you guys think of these comments?

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=83845#6I7km0UP6mZZU9XF.99

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=83845

Seriously, seriously, No respect, No respect

Hey now not good to judge the whole Phase 2 on one little fact. What they do might be interesting: I have faith in Whedon and the MCU.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ok, so unless they are covering up, it looks like weldon has just sunk the entire stinking movie: as in, NO HENRY PYM, They now have me ANT MAD DX

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=83845

Seriously, seriously, No respect, No respect

Geez, no need to cry out RUIEND4EVER this soon. It's still too early to tell. I'm pretty interested in what's being proposed. Yeah, Ant Man/Henry Pym not being in the movie kinda stinks, but I doubt that'll ruin the movie in any way.

• Thumbs Up 5

• 2 weeks later...

Whedon sank all my interest in Avengers 2 with his "oh we can't write a decent adaption" bullshit, Ultron NEEDS Pym to work, otherwise we're making everything in the MCU be about Tony Stark.

Thankfully though, Marvel's making me happy with GoTG.

OOGA CHAKA OOGA OOGA

Eh, the cinematic universe is it's own universe, it doesn't need to be 100% faithful to the comics. I'm fine with Stark being the one who will create Ultron, considering I don't really care if that putz Antman ever actually appears in the films or not.

Whedon sank all my interest in Avengers 2 with his "oh we can't write a decent adaption" bullshit, Ultron NEEDS Pym to work, otherwise we're making everything in the MCU be about Tony Stark.

Thankfully though, Marvel's making me happy with GoTG.

OOGA CHAKA OOGA OOGA

Thank goodness someone agrees with me. and sorry if it seemed like I was overreacting, however I do have my own reasons for while the situation is annoying me.

Eh, the cinematic universe is it's own universe, it doesn't need to be 100% faithful to the comics. I'm fine with Stark being the one who will create Ultron, considering I don't really care if that putz Antman ever actually appears in the films or not.

Here's the thing. Even if we decide to throw away all that makes Ultron work and just make him yet another AI gone mad, why must we tie it to Stark? Is it at all possible to have technology in these films that wasn't made by Stark, be it father or son?

It might not even be Stark who makes it. It might be S.H.E.I.L.D. I could see them wanting to build an indestructible prison-guard robot. 

It might not even be Stark who makes it. It might be S.H.E.I.L.D. I could see them wanting to build an indestructible prison-guard robot. 

Maybe it could be Tony and Bruce.