Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

It might not even be Stark who makes it. It might be S.H.E.I.L.D. I could see them wanting to build an indestructible prison-guard robot. 

Iron Man 3 has Stark making AIs, the teaser had the Iron Man helmet being mashed until it looked like Ultron's face, and Ultron's basic story is a daddy AI story, so they'll need something more personal than "SHIELD made it".

Iron Man 3 has Stark making AIs, the teaser had the Iron Man helmet being mashed until it looked like Ultron's face, and Ultron's basic story is a daddy AI story, so they'll need something more personal than "SHIELD made it".

Wait what? I never knew of or saw this teaser.

SDCC teaser, the kind that they only show to attendants and then we read on websites, and sometimes get leaked.

EDIT: A link to one of the descriptions. I'm pretty sure I had read elsewhere that the Iron Man helmet was mashed until it looked like Ultron's face, though.

http://www.dailysuperhero.com/2013/07/the-avengers-age-of-ultron-sdcc-teaser.html

Edited by Captain Harlock

SDCC teaser, the kind that they only show to attendants and then we read on websites, and sometimes get leaked.

EDIT: A link to one of the descriptions. I'm pretty sure I had read elsewhere that the Iron Man helmet was mashed until it looked like Ultron's face, though.

http://www.dailysuperhero.com/2013/07/the-avengers-age-of-ultron-sdcc-teaser.html

"At first, it looked like a new Iron Man mask." 

That doesn't sound sure. He may have made that connection just because he saw eye slits being made and the fact that with sparks flying and stuff (from what was described) Ultron's face could possibly have been confused initially for a Iron Man mask. There could be no connection to Iron Man at all. We have not seen the teaser ourselves (unless you have in which case I apologize) so we can't judge for sure based on what someone saw.

Or I could be grasping at straws. IDK.

But, at the very end of Marvel’s panel, as the stage emptied, director Joss Whedon, who’s currently working on the sequel to The Avengers, came out and said that although he had nothing to say, he did have something to add. Cue the screams of tired but eager fans as the lights went down and the screens lit up to show a teaser video for The Avengers 2, the end of which gave a massive reveal.

The teaser featured a variety of lines from the first Avengers, as Iron Man’s armor is cut apart. By the end of the footage, it appears that Iron Man’s armor has been transformed, and we see the classic head of the Avenger’s villain Ultron. The screen then revealed the official title for The Avengers 2, which will be Avengers: Age of Ultron!

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2013/07/20/sdcc-2013-joss-whedon-reveals-avengers-sequel-title-age-of-ultron

"I don't have anything to say, but I have one thing to add. If you could please." And a clip. It's Iron Man's helmet. Then Steve's voice. Then Thor. Then Hulk. Metal clanging as Iron Man's helmet is being dented and reshaped. Finally the final quote of "How do you know they'll come back?" Fury: "Because they'll have to." Finally the camera is wide enough to reveal: ULTRON. Ultron is the villain for the Avengers sequel, and its title is Avengers: Age of Ultron.

http://www.newsarama.com/18439-sdcc-13-marvel-studios-thor-cap-more-live.html

Well then. I suppose it's beyond a reasonable doubt at this point. 

Oh well I'm fine with Stark creating Ultron if that's indeed what's happening. With

Iron Man's "retirement" at the end of Iron Man 3, it would make sense that Tony might want to create a crimefighting robot to fill his place, so to speak. Or hey, maybe Tony and Banner work on it together as a joint project or something?

Or maybe SHIELD creates Ultron based off the Iron Man Armor as an attempt to replace him.

This could go a lot of ways. 

Edited by Wraith
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm sorry, but they are just being lasy not bringing in Henry Pym, it would be a great way to introduce him, he's always been the expert on brain patterns and AI(not to mention being the best Biochemist in the Marvel universe). And it would keep Stark from having a total tech dominance in the movie universe

I doubt there won't be any set up for Ant Man's role in the coming films. His film is right after Avengers 2, right?

Edited by Wraith

Hank is still showing up and being introduced, it just feels kinda antsy (lol). He is, unfortunately, mostly known for either making Ultron or slapping his wife in a very odd occasion where the fame stuck, when it hasn't stuck to other characters who did worse. So in transitioning this to the big screen, they've removed him the chance to do Ultron already? Hrrrrm.

Hank is still showing up and being introduced, it just feels kinda antsy (lol). He is, unfortunately, mostly known for either making Ultron or slapping his wife in a very odd occasion where the fame stuck, when it hasn't stuck to other characters who did worse. So in transitioning this to the big screen, they've removed him the chance to do Ultron already? Hrrrrm.

Doesn't help that Ultimate Universe Ant-Man is a complete asshole that loves to physically and emotionally abuse his wife on occasion, either.

Can we not bring up that Antman ever please? Worst re-envisioning of a character ever.

I love how my main exposure to Antman was his EMH incarnation...who didn't even touch Janet, but whatevs. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I know Whedon said before that Ant-Man/Pym is not appearing. But, did he ever say anything about Pym not having anything to do with Ultron?

I'm not saying he'll be Ant-Man or he'll actually appear, but I feel like Pym'll be someone that never appears onscreen, but is implied to have something to do with Ultron's creation.

I know Whedon said before that Ant-Man/Pym is not appearing. But, did he ever say anything about Pym not having anything to do with Ultron?

I'm not saying he'll be Ant-Man or he'll actually appear, but I feel like Pym'll be someone that never appears onscreen, but is implied to have something to do with Ultron's creation.

No, what Whedon confirmed is that Pym didn't make Ultron. Pym's appearing in Edgar Wright's Ant-Man, although we don't know at this point, I think, if he's the main character or if they're going with the original idea of half the film being about Hank Pym in the 50's having adventures and the other half about Scott Lang in modern times stealing his suit.

Well, it's official, Bradley Cooper is going to voice Rocket Raccoon in Guardians Of The Galaxy.

So, Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper and possibly Vin Diesel, those are some very nice Guardians.

Really...cause it sounds to me like Marvel doesn't really have faith in the material and the script they chosen, so now they're using a star-studded cast to keep people distracted from the fact that they're watching a movie about space trees and space racoons and not another RDJ quip fest.

Seriously, was Dee Bradley Baker busy or something? You couldn't find the guy who voiced him in MVC3? Why in the world do you need a Hollywood actor to voice a bloody Raccoon?

damn, and to think I was gonna give Marvel a pass cause they got Alan Shore as Ultron and didn't made stupid casting choices like some other companies.

• 1 month later...

So, Vin diesel has been more or less unofficialy revealed as groot, however official announcement has not yet been made.

Second, casting discussions are in place for the role of ANTMAN, there are appaerently 3 actors in talks, however only 2 have been announced: Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Paul Rudd

A new poster for Cap 2 has been unveiled, pretty cool, like how Marvel sorta unifying most of their posters to have a intentionally  simliar look, compare it to the IM3 teaser poster
1385498_657400780957499_1058786110_n.jpg

Trailer will premiere on Apple Trailers on thursday

Some Thor reviews are in, naturally, the movie is pretty damn good, 86% on RT as I post this, and according to reports, we're getting double credits scenes, like Avengers

Personally, theorizing one of those is a hook towards Thor 3 (Beta Ray Bill?) or something to tie into GOTG. The other one could simply be a shawarma type gag, but who knows.

Edited by Spoopy Scary Jacky
  • Thumbs Up 3

Oh my god that looks awesome and I'm not even the biggest fan of Cap. Fuck yeah!

Edited by Ghostly Warp

anyone else getting Baron Zemo vibes from Rober Redford? also why no Batroc the leaper yet?! :(