Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

Say carbo, meant to ask did Android Armin Zola show up in Winter soldier? (please say yes)

Just an FYI, an older Hand Pym will be in Ant Man, but Scott Lang will be wearing the suit. Something about him stealing it to do something and Pym letting him use it on the condition that he actually does hero stuff with it.

Yes

Yay! I do hope its key on to classic and general depiction, even if I have to wait to see for myself next week, cant wait!

For anyone who watched the movie:

Does Ultron appear or is mentioned in any way? They did say the movie is pretty much an ''Avengers 1.5''

I've seen it too! tongue.png

how

It releases this Thursday here, I thought it released in murrika in april D:

how

It releases this Thursday here, I thought it released in murrika in april D:

It's Felix II remember? ;)

Anyway I went to a Captain America marathon at my local cinema on Tuesday, it started at 7pm with The First Avenger. They then showed Avengers Assemble and finally at midnight they screened Winter Soldier.

It's Felix II remember? wink.png

Aren't you suppossed to be British?

It's Felix II remember? wink.png

Anyway I went to a Captain America marathon at my local cinema on Tuesday, it started at 7pm with The First Avenger. They then showed Avengers Assemble and finally at midnight they screened Winter Soldier.

idontevenrememberwhoyouare

Turns out Wikipedia got the story up already. 

Pierce being the baddie wasn't anything unexpected.

The post-credit scenes were leaked so it turns out to be true

But with SHIELD off the grid, what'll happen in Avengers 2? Is Ultron developed by HYDRA?

Aren't you suppossed to be British?

I just used the words cinema and "Avengers Assemble." So yes, yes I am.

And The Wisp I am The Third/Fourth Doctor/Davros etc

For anyone who watched the movie:

Does Ultron appear or is mentioned in any way? They did say the movie is pretty much an ''Avengers 1.5''

Ultron does not make an appearance. The post-credits stinger shows that Hydra is in possession of Loki's Scepter which seems to imply that Hydra may play a major part in Avengers 2. They also have Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in captivity, who are shown to be in prison cells exhibiting their powers, presumably having experiments conducted on them.

Thoughts on Cap 2

The movie is excellent, it is far better than the first. The plot is really well done and there is even a really touching scene near the beginning. The action is top-notch as per usual and Cap even has a few good jokes in it. The only few flaws I can think of are that a few characters are underused, one plotpoint in particular is kind of jarring and personally the film grinds to a halt at a few parts. If anyone's got any spoiler specific questions I'll be happy to help.[

Thanos is an endgame villain. He's not going to be in the middle of things - he is literally it. He's the last stop of this expanded universe. They were always going to save him for last, partially because you just don't get a deadlier Marvel villain than him, but also because he's the kind of character that would have to take too much time to justify (hence why he's been built up in the background and hinted at ever since the first Thor movie).

What you mean to say is that Thanos is the endgame villain that Marvel has the rights to as of right now due to Fantastic Four and Galactus still being a thing. And I understand Thanos being the endgame, but why introduce a villain like Ultron...without his arch-nemesis(and Ultron is definitely masculine but whatever)? That baffles me.

The only other significant villains I can think of that would be worthy of the attention of The Avengers is The Skrulls. But that doesn't really work because The Skrulls can't work without Fantastic Four. If you'd rather prefer an event to stand at the end of the series and move Thanos to Avengers 2, all I can think of is Civil War, which wouldn't work on account of a lacking representation of street level narrative what with most MCU heroes being on good terms with Shield. And frankly, fuck Civil War.

Technically, they had the Skrulls in the first movie or what I'd call the Ultimate Skrulls. The Chitauri are indeed sort of like Skrulls without actually being Skrulls. But you are right. Not a lot of villains in Marvel that would be enough for the Avengers to Assemble due to them losing the rights of Fantastic Four(Galactus) and X-Men(Magneto, the Phoenix Force, the X-Men themselves) and Spider-man(Norman Osbourn, the Sinister Six, and the entire Maggia). 

And yes, fuck the Civil War. Did you ever read that? Holy shit, what a fucking mess.

And yes, fuck the Civil War. Did you ever read that? Holy shit, what a fucking mess.

The Civil War itself was fine, all the damn subplots with the Fantastic Four and stuff like that were ugly. 

What you mean to say is that Thanos is the endgame villain that Marvel has the rights to as of right now due to Fantastic Four and Galactus still being a thing. And I understand Thanos being the endgame, but why introduce a villain like Ultron...without his arch-nemesis(and Ultron is definitely masculine but whatever)? That baffles me.

Technically, they had the Skrulls in the first movie or what I'd call the Ultimate Skrulls. The Chitauri are indeed sort of like Skrulls without actually being Skrulls. But you are right. Not a lot of villains in Marvel that would be enough for the Avengers to Assemble due to them losing the rights of Fantastic Four(Galactus) and X-Men(Magneto, the Phoenix Force, the X-Men themselves) and Spider-man(Norman Osbourn, the Sinister Six, and the entire Maggia). 

Masters of Evil are still available

The entirety of the Civil War sucked. You can cherry pick a few stories if you want, but it does not change that everything that they could have delivered on failed. It was another heroes vs. heroes scenario with legislation(that Marvel refused to actually tell the readers what exactly did it say which would have helped tremendously) and to make it worse, it was thing that eventually led to One More Day. 

Masters of Evil are still available

You are going to have a lot more movies and shows to introduce them. Plus, a lot of them are small time. You would not send the entirety of Avengers at them in their infancy stage(You would in 616 as of right now...or a bunch of teenaged tormented youths at them).

Ultron does not make an appearance. The post-credits stinger shows that Hydra is in possession of Loki's Scepter which seems to imply that Hydra may play a major part in Avengers 2. They also have Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in captivity, who are shown to be in prison cells exhibiting their powers, presumably having experiments conducted on them.

Huh, this actually makes a lot of sense...

See I thought it was weird after the build up for Thanos, the next villain for the big Avengers movie being completely not related to him, but considering Hydra has the Scepter, It's not too crazy to assume Ultron will be made based on the powers of the Scepter, so he'll be related to Thanos too, helping on the build up for when Thanos shows up, since he's the one who gave that scepter to Loki to begin with.

• Thumbs Up 1

Captain America 2 was bloody awesome. Everything about it was great. 

Specially Cobie Smulders.

She was so great. 

giggity

Anyway, here's my thoughts.

- The SHIELD-being-HYDRA reveal was actually more shocking than I expected. I mean, sure, I read spoilers of the film, not the entire synopsis but I've read about the HYDRA still being a thing and Zola's involvement.

- The political themes were really great, the Russo brothers are absolutely amazing at directing.

- The Winter Soldier is just badass, just plain badass, the way him and the Cap't fought was just awesome. 

- Zola showing up as a computer caught me offhand, and specially caught me off hand when he was still working with HYDRA, I thought he was going to help Steve and Natasha fight against SHIELD/HYDRA, guess I was wrong. Oh well, that whole scene was really great. 

- Falcon needs to return. No excuses. Falcon for Avengers 2. 

- Great to see more of Black Widow and Hill. Awesome development in this film. Same to Nick Fury, but the fact that this might be his final action role in the Marvel universe so far gets me sad. 

- MOTHERFUCKING MIRACLES LOOK AT THAT SCARLET WITCH AND MOTHERFUCKING STRUCKER HOLY SHIT LOKI'S SCEPTER. 

FUCKING ULTRON IS A FUCKING HYDRA ROBOT I JUST CAN FEEL IT. 

SURE STARK WILL BE INVOLVED WITH THE AI BUT ULTRON IS /ABSOLUTELY/ A HYDRA INVENTION. 

That's all, go watch Cap'n America 2 as soon as you can, it's the best film from this year.

at least until age of extinction and guardians of the galaxy release

ehem

EDIT: HOLY SHIT I ALMOST FORGOT.

I did NOT fucking expect that reveal that HYDRA were the ones that killed Howard and Maria Stark. And motherfucking STEPHEN STRANGE got mentioned as someone that HYDRA wanted to kill.

motherfucking stephen strange

goddamn it

• Thumbs Up 3

I also saw Captain America 2 yesterday.  Incredible film.  Easily the best Marvel film since the Avengers and probably the one with the strongest plot and characters despite not offering the same sort of spectacle the Avengers did (but that isn't surprising nor did I expect it to offer the same insane level of spectacle).  That doesn't mean that the action sequences weren't good mind you in fact they were amazing.  They were excellently choreographed and there's just something immensely satisfying about watching Cap and Black Widow lay a beat down, or watching Falcon soar through the skies deftly evading enemy fire.  Despite the slightly more grounded nature of Captain America's action compared to say, Thor, it still manages to remain stylish, kinetic and at times pretty dang crazy.

However, the most striking thing about this film I have to say were definitely the plot twists it introduced.  Those alone, in my opinion, justify watching this film if you're a fan of the Marvel cinematic universe.  Even if you're well versed with the Marvel universe in general and know what they are, they executed with such power and presence that I feel they're going to have an effect on you regardless.  I'll refrain from saying anything though to keep this spoiler free.

So yeah, go watch it when it comes out for you! 

• Thumbs Up 5

We want to see Captain America: Winter Soldier next weekend (or this weekend, it gets confusing on Sundays, at least where I stand). No promises, though.

So, I haven't seen it posted anywhere, but apparently James Rhodes, AKA Warmachine, or Iron Patriot, is set to appear on Age of Ultron

http://geektyrant.com/news/don-cheadles-rhodey-to-return-for-the-avengers-age-of-ultron

While it sounds interesting I seriously hope not, because we'll already have the Avengers plus two new heroes plus Rhodes and maybe Falcon, it'll be quite hellish for it to have character development, specially since Whedon said this movie is about the Avengers' bonds being challenged and broken.

So, I haven't seen it posted anywhere, but apparently James Rhodes, AKA Warmachine, or Iron Patriot, is set to appear on Age of Ultron

http://geektyrant.com/news/don-cheadles-rhodey-to-return-for-the-avengers-age-of-ultron

While it sounds interesting I seriously hope not, because we'll already have the Avengers plus two new heroes plus Rhodes and maybe Falcon, it'll be quite hellish for it to have character development, specially since Whedon said this movie is about the Avengers' bonds being challenged and broken.

I wouldn't expect it to be more than a glorified cameo, which is also what Samuel Jackson confirmed that Nick Fury would be in this movie.

Several characters are already getting a bit downsized from my understanding while others are getting a bit more prominence. Tony is guaranteed to not have nearly as much of a prominent role and if The Winter Soldier is anything to go by

he's probably going to live up to his comic book reputation and be more of that guy who lets The Avengers stay at one of his houses since The Avengers tower made a cameo appearance.

Tony's only significance in this movie is probably going to just be showing up in his Hulkbuster armor eventually, and also turn Jarvis into The Vision but I don't expect him to be involved in the riff raff this time around. Hawkeye is already confirmed to have a more prominent role for one.