Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

muy%2Bguardianes.jpg

New poster for Guardians of the Galaxy, and good space globs does it look gorgeous. Spoiler'd for size.

• Thumbs Up 7

That looks amazing, I'm loving the vivid colours.

Thanks for the 20th birthday present too Disney ;)

Bloody brilliant poster! Colourful, eye catching, lots of space action going on...that's my kind of movie! X3

So I just saw X-Men Days of Future Past and I enjoyed it, I'm just trying to work my head around it. The action is highly enjoyable, there's nods to moments from the other films and Michael Fassbender kills it yet again. 

I'll post more later after I've had some sleep.

Also spoilers about the fate of the series here

YES THE LAST STAND IS NO MORE! JEAN GREY IS ALIVE, CYCLOPS IS ALIVE, PROFESSOR X IS ALIVE!

And Kelsey Grammar's cameo made me as giddy as a schoolgirl.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I just saw X-Men Days of Future Past and I enjoyed it, I'm just trying to work my head around it. The action is highly enjoyable, there's nods to moments from the other films and Michael Fassbender kills it yet again. 

I'll post more later after I've had some sleep.

Also spoilers about the fate of the series here

YES THE LAST STAND IS NO MORE! JEAN GREY IS ALIVE, CYCLOPS IS ALIVE, PROFESSOR X IS ALIVE!

And Kelsey Grammar's cameo made me as giddy as a schoolgirl.

But that means The Wolverine is gone too, isn't it?

But that means The Wolverine is gone too, isn't it?

I don't know, it's very complicated. I'm still trying to work it out myself.

It does ruin the plot point of him getting over Jean's death however.

I don't know, it's very complicated. I'm still trying to work it out myself.

It does ruin the plot point of him getting over Jean's death however.

I guess that retconning Last Stand was what they wanted to do, but were unaware that they were retconning The Wolverine also. Eh, as long as X3 is gone, then I'm fine.

I guess that retconning Last Stand was what they wanted to do, but were unaware that they were retconning The Wolverine also. Eh, as long as X3 is gone, then I'm fine.

Saying that I think they retconned him losing his adamantium claws in The Wolverine, he has them in the future.

Saying that I think they retconned him losing his adamantium claws in The Wolverine, he has them in the future.

Indeed; it's like that film never happened in the first place.

There are a few other things that bothered me, actually...

... one being Kitty Pryde's convenient new ability. I take it that she developed this in the comics? If not, then I don't know why they decided to give it to her. Either way, they should have given the power to somebody else, or at the very least explain that she developed it some time after Last Stand.

Speaking of Last Stand; how is Xavier's consciousness back in his old body (the body that was reduced to ashes by the Phoenix) in the future? And as for past Xavier; how does Beast's X-gene suppressant enable him to walk when it was a bullet that crippled him and not his powers?

It also seemed strange to include Stryker and Wolverine's little meltdown, providing little explanation when many moviegoers might not have seen the old X-men 2 or Origins. A simple "That man will one day conduct an experiment that will bond adamantium to my skeleton" would have done well to explain that and his bone claws.

While I did enjoy the film, it was kind of disappointing since I was never really excited during the whole thing. I thought that Magneto was going to do something really spectacular with the Sentinels but they did little beyond scare away the crowd. It seems a crime to have wasted Peter Dinklage on this version of Trask, a character that barely has any time to show any personality. I guess this is the problem with a franchise like X-men. When you have so many characters, it's difficult to glean much from one without sacrificing another. It makes me wonder why you would choose to involve time travel and therefore two versions of some characters when screen time is as precious as it is.

I'm also disappointed that Jean Grey and Cyclops are alive and well in the new timeline, since I find them to be awful and/or dull, but that's just a matter of personal preference. =P Kelsey Grammar cameo though? Awesome. ;D

Speaking of Last Stand; how is Xavier's consciousness back in his old body

In the end credits scene of The Last Stand it shows him appear in his twin brother's comatose body. It happened in the comics too.

In the end credits scene of The Last Stand it shows him appear in his twin brother's comatose body. It happened in the comics too.

That was his twin brother? I don't remember any mention of a twin brother... or seeing the face of the body. If so, then what an asspull. As if Last Stand wasn't bad enough.

W-what? D: Edgar Wright is probably my second favourite director (right after Sam Raimi.) I love his enthusiasm and unique brand of directing.

And y'know he works with Simon Pegg who is several kinds of awesome.

Interesting that Wright left on account of "not having his vision fulfilled" where-as James Gunn who is just as much of an oddity reveling in his cultural idiosyncrasies was allowed to go balls blazing with Guardians of the Galaxy.

Marvel delayed Ant-Man for him. They rewrote Ultron's origin story just for him. They gave him 8 years, almost a decade, to let him get the script he wanted. As an Edgar Wright fan I have to be honest and up front when I say that this cock-up is not an onus to be placed entirely on Marvel Studios. While I really looked forward to Ant-Man, it's clear something went completely awry.

• Thumbs Up 5

ok, this is not entirely a bad thing, he's still producer, but Sinister Six is making Drew Goddard overly busy

http://screenrant.com/marvel-daredevil-netflix-series-new-showrunner/

Drew Goddard Exits Marvel’s ‘Daredevil’ Netflix Series; New Showrunner Named

Published by  Anthony Vieira  

Daredevil Road Warrior Infinite Comic number 1 Drew Goddard Exits Marvels Daredevil Netflix Series; New Showrunner Named
Marvel Studios has already had a good 2014, with Captain America: The Winter Soldier breaking box office records with a huge haul in April. Plus, the exciting second trailer for their ambitious August release, Guardians of the Galaxy, has left fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe eager for more.

New Batsuit Revealed For 'Batman Vs. Superman'

Then came yesterday’s news that director Edgar Wright has walked away from his long-in-development Ant-Man film for Marvel Studios. The details on what led to Wright’s departure have not been confirmed, but rumors suggest that extensive rewrites to the original screenplay by the director and Joe Cornish led to Wright’s exit. This seems like an isolated incident, but it might be just the first in a series of developmental shake-ups at the studio.

Today, Latino-Review broke some news concerning another hotly anticipated Marvel property: El Mayimbe’s sources said that Cabin in the Woods director Drew Goddard has left the Daredevil series, which is set to air on Netflix. Goddard was set to write and direct the pilot episode of the show, and then remain aboard as showrunner.

Marvel has since confirmed this, and reports that a new showrunner has been named. Steve S. DeKnight (Spartacus, Buffy: The Vampire Slayer) will take over the project for Goddard. Read the official press release below:

Marvel is proud to announce that acclaimed writer, director and producer Steven S. DeKnight (“Spartacus,” “Buffy: The Vampire Slayer,” “Angel”) has joined “Marvel’s Daredevil” as Executive Producer & Showrunner on the all-new 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015. Drew Goddard, who also wrote the first two episodes, will continue to serve as Executive Producer on “Marvel”s Daredevil” as he writes and preps Sony’s “The Amazing Spider-Man” spin-off film, “The Sinister Six.”

Drew Goddard and the Sinister Six Drew Goddard Exits Marvels Daredevil Netflix Series; New Showrunner Named
Sony’s The Amazing Spider-Man 2 spinoff Sinister Six - with Goddard set to direct - could, according to the rumor mill, begin filming as soon as January 2015, which has led to the speculation that the film could see a release as soon as 2016. Regardless of whether that’s accurate or not, it seems that Daredevil’s production schedule just left too slim a window for Sinister Six.

It appears that Goddard’s voice will still influence Daredevil, since he has written the first two episodes and is remaining involved in a consulting capacity. What Marvel and Daredevil fans gain with DeKnight is a seasoned veteran of geek-friendly television. Besides his work on all three seasons of Spartacus and on Buffy, DeKnight worked with Joss Whedon on Angel and Dollhouse, along with a stint on Smallville.

Just as Edgar Wright’s leaving Ant-Man has apparently not affected the film’s release date, there is similarly no indication that Daredevil has been delayed, with the 13-episode initial season still set to debut on Netflix in 2015. With the supposed start date of July, 2014 just around the corner, can we expect an official delay in production? Or will the show’s casting be confirmed soon instead? Stay tuned for details as they emerge.

Daredevil is still expected to debut as a 13-episode series on Netflix in 2015.

Source: Latino-Review, Marvel

Indeed; it's like that film never happened in the first place.

There are a few other things that bothered me, actually...

... one being Kitty Pryde's convenient new ability. I take it that she developed this in the comics? If not, then I don't know why they decided to give it to her. Either way, they should have given the power to somebody else, or at the very least explain that she developed it some time after Last Stand.

Speaking of Last Stand; how is Xavier's consciousness back in his old body (the body that was reduced to ashes by the Phoenix) in the future? And as for past Xavier; how does Beast's X-gene suppressant enable him to walk when it was a bullet that crippled him and not his powers?

It also seemed strange to include Stryker and Wolverine's little meltdown, providing little explanation when many moviegoers might not have seen the old X-men 2 or Origins. A simple "That man will one day conduct an experiment that will bond adamantium to my skeleton" would have done well to explain that and his bone claws.

While I did enjoy the film, it was kind of disappointing since I was never really excited during the whole thing. I thought that Magneto was going to do something really spectacular with the Sentinels but they did little beyond scare away the crowd. It seems a crime to have wasted Peter Dinklage on this version of Trask, a character that barely has any time to show any personality. I guess this is the problem with a franchise like X-men. When you have so many characters, it's difficult to glean much from one without sacrificing another. It makes me wonder why you would choose to involve time travel and therefore two versions of some characters when screen time is as precious as it is.

I'm also disappointed that Jean Grey and Cyclops are alive and well in the new timeline, since I find them to be awful and/or dull, but that's just a matter of personal preference. =P Kelsey Grammar cameo though? Awesome. ;D

They gave it to Kitty Pryde so they didn't completely remove her from the plot. In the original Days of Future Past, it was KITTY PRYDE who went into the past, not Wolverine. But because they have to shoehorn Wolverine into everything, they decided to have Kitty develop some sort of ability where she can phase people's minds through time.

Well, ok, turns out she also DOES gain this ability as an adult, her abilities keep increasing and getting more powerful as she gets older, allowing her to phase in different ways, which is what allows her in both the comics and movies to phase through time. And since they connected two movies forty years apart, Kitty can't send her own consciousness into the past as she wasn't born yet, so she sends Wolverine instead. But yeah, apparently she did develop this ability in the comics, and since they decided to connect the future and past timelines together, Wolverine had to be the one to go.

Still sucks they took away Kitty's own story away from her, though. :P At least she still plays a crucial role in the story.

Looks like we might have our daredevil, and although he is irish, that's actualy not a bad thing, in the comics if I remember correctly, Matt's dad was an irish immigrant and wrestler(but umm don't nessecarily hold me to that, been a while since I read the essential daredevil)

also note, this hasn't been officialy confirmed by marvel, however it appears to have come from several sources...

http://screenrant.com/daredevil-marvel-tv-series-cast-murdock-actor/

So anyone actualy heard of Charlie Cox?

WE HAVE THANOS

http://screenrant.com/thanos-josh-brolin-marvel/

Josh Brolin is Thanos in Marvel’s ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’

Published by  Kofi Outlaw  

Marvel Studios Kevin Feige Video Interview Thor 2 Guardians of the Galaxy Avengers 2 3 Thanos Josh Brolin is Thanos in Marvels Guardians of the Galaxy

The collective Marvel movie news membrane is still trembling after this week’s hard headline that fan-favorite director Edgar Wright dropped out of directing Ant-Man, a project he single-handedly pushed for just about a decade. While fans wait for the official word on Ant-Man‘s new director, they can feast on some HUGE casting news surrounding the MCU: the actor who is playing Thanos in Guardians of the Galaxy – and maybe even beyond to films like The Avengers 3 - has been announced, and it’s none other than Josh Brolin.

Latino Review first dropped a rumor that has since been confirmed by Variety.

Thanos first appeared in the mid-credits scene of The Avengers (a motion-capture performance by actor Damion Poitier). It has since been teased that Thanos is acting as an over-arching villain whose machinations and presence will be felt all throughout the MCU – especially in a film like Guardians of the Galaxy, which further introduces Marvel’s cosmic characters and storylines. Following comic book canon, Thanos’ plot seems to be gathering together “Infinity Stones” like The Tesseract or The Aether, in order to form his Infinity Gauntlet, a weapon that essentially gives him the power of God.

Avengers 3 Infinity Gauntlet War Thanos Josh Brolin is Thanos in Marvels Guardians of the Galaxy

After the events of Thor: The Dark World, we spoke with Marvel head Kevin Feige about Thanos and his Infinity Gauntlet plot possibly coming to fruition in Avengers 3, where the Mad Titan will presumably take center stage, at last. We’ve also heard that Thanos will appear in Avengers: Age of Ultron, but how (and for how long) remains unclear.

Feige suggested about a month ago that the Thanos actor had already been cast, and at that time, we questioned what that late-in-the-game information meant in regards to how Thanos will be realized onscreen in Guardians. Will it be through CGI and voice work (like Bradley Cooper’s Rocket Raccoon)? Or perhaps through motion-capture performance (like Vin Diesel’s Groot)? Or, if they’ve had Brolin for some time, could they have used makeup and prosthetics (like on Alexis Denisof, who played Thanos’ henchman The Other in Avengers)? Since we don’t know yet how long Brolin has been with camp Marvel, the finer details of Thanos’ appearance in Guardians remain unclear for now.

Sin City 2 Josh Brolin Josh Brolin is Thanos in Marvels Guardians of the Galaxy
Brolin in ‘Sin City: A Dame to Kill For’

For Brolin, this marks a fifth comic book role he’s taken on in the last few years. He played DC’s Jonah Hex (2010); stepped in to play the young version of Agent K in Men in Black 3; was the lead in Spike Lee’s American remake of Oldboy; and he will soon play a pre-surgery version of Clive Owen’s character in the prequel/interquel film Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. Of course, when it comes to playing an iconic villain like Thanos, Brolin is definitely stepping to the next level of comic book flicks; however, it’s pretty safe to say that he’s doing so as an actor likely to the majority of fan approval at his back. Let’s test that theory:

• Thumbs Up 1

Young Agent K is Thanos.

I'm satisfied with this choice.

OH, that was him, ya I'm cool with that