Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

Seen it TWICE. And probably I'm ready for the third round next week. Yes, it's THAT good.

• Thumbs Up 1

All this praise is starting to sway me, but I was never really into Marvel's movies or their characters. I love Iron Man, but wasn't really that into the movie. I just thought it was good (and I mean that. It was good, I just didn't really think it was great like Nolan's films). Same with Captain America, though I didn't really like his character in the first place. Thor doesn't look like it'll appeal to me at all, and Hulk was just "meh".

With all that said, I really don't think I'll enjoy this as much as I think I will The Amazing Spider-Man (because Spider-Man is easily my favorite superhero and I actually really love other Spider-Man media, like Spectacular and some of the games) or The Dark Knight Rises. I'll probably see it eventually, but I'm in no rush.

I actually agree with Dissident. I prefer Spidey over any of the characters in the new Marvels movie. I wish they actually had Spidey in this new Marvels movie. That would really spark my interest. I remember I played a game along time ago on SNES about the avengers and it had Spidey in it. What's with that guy with the bow and arrow?? I don't even remember seeing him in any medium. Captain America I remember very well.

I'm not judging it, I'm sure I'll see it eventually, but I'm not hyped for it. (even with Iron man in it)

What's with that guy with the bow and arrow?? I don't even remember seeing him in any medium.

Hawkeye has always been one of the main members of The Avengers, and his appearance was a no-brainer from the start. He had a cameo in Thor, foreshadowing his role as one of the top agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

But to have never heard of him? That's kind of surprising

I can safely say that no matter what your favorite super hero is, if you enjoy super hero movies or good movies in general, you will enjoy this movie immensely. I was largely lukewarm for Hulk, and wasn't a big fan of his movie, but his role in The Avengers is one of the best, and it made me love the character all the more. Every character in this movie stands out as memorable, well defined and lovable, and it's the vast differentials in personalities they all have that create a chemistry unlike any other relationships in other super hero movies. That's the magic in the movie; how's a character like Captain America who's a completely irony-free, genuine good guy, meant to help coordinate and interact with a Norse God that places his obligations and morals above all else, or a snarky billionare who sucks at being a team player?

Anyway the movie currently has a 97% on Rotten Tomatoes. Pretty big deal.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just five more days. Just five more days. Just five more days.

Good timing, too. I'll have just finished up with the worst of my "end of semester rush", so I can look forward to Avengers as a bit a reward.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie next weekend! It looks amazing from the trailers and I'm glad that the reviews have been very positive so far! I'm also curious how it will compare to The Dark Knight Rises as well.

Great film, solid action, the characters worked (Especially Dr. Banner/Hulk), the story was solid. I did stay at the end credits and be honest I saw that coming.tongue.png

In short if enjoyed Marvels previous Superhero films in this arc then I can't see you being disappointed with this one. smile.png

This weekend i'm having a Marvel's Avengers marathon starting with Captain America and ending with me rewatching "The Avengers" this Monday biggrin.png

I propose everyone does the same.

I was sold at the first trailer.

*Hipster Glasses* I was sold before I saw the first trailer! tongue.png

OK i rewatched Captain America today(I'm going from the chronological order of the Avengers saga). God i love this movie. You americans are so lucky. I wish my country had a super-hero with its namesad.png

The story, while basic, is very well told. You can tell it's from the director of "The Rocketeer". Chris Evans makes a fantastic Steve Rogers. I still can't understand how they managed to make him look so convincingly small and skinnyohmy.png Hugo Weaving as Red Skull is just a joy to watch. I also love the action scenes and Alan Silvestri's(Back to the Future) music:

My favorite scene is this awesome nod to the original comics:

http://www.youtube.c...RKwKJI_uI#t=90s

He punches Hitler in the face. If that doesn't make him awesome i don't know what does.biggrin.png

Overall it's a very good movie. Very entertaining and even touching. "Stay true to what you are: Not a perfect soldier, but a good man" happy.png

Tomorrow i'll rewatch Iron Man and post my thoughts on the second Avenger.

Edited by pppp

Captain America really is perhaps the most interesting Avengers tie-in, partially because unlike every other super hero movie out there, it's not that special. It's the only straight-faced, genuinely upfront movie about a masked avenger to be released. The fact that every super hero movie tries to be unique in some sense of the word such as being cynically realistic (Watchmen), filled with snark and wit (Iron Man), a character that's reluctant (Spider-Man) or one that's psychotic and brooding (Batman), ironically becomes the norm, and the fact that we get a movie about a patriotic good-guy who's neither obnoxious nor douche-y about it is refreshing. Chris Evans captures Cap's sensitive but devoted side so well, a natural leader, who doesn't even enjoy killing anyone, during a time when the war was still at high and he continuously attempted in enlisting to the army just for the sake of finding an outlet for that persona of his, which ultimately becomes his character arc, instead of a traditional one.

Honestly, I really love Captain America. It's completely free from any semblance of irony, runs it straight and is incredibly enjoyable. The fact that it isn't trying to be particularly fresh is what makes it fresh.

• Thumbs Up 8

I enjoyed Captain America far more than any other Avengers tie-in film other than the first Iron Man (and Carbo brings up some great points as to why above), everything else I found okay or not that great. That said, I'm pretty hyped to see this in theaters; I'm probably going to take my dad with me since he also has an interest in these kinds of films.

Saw this last night and, despite believing it would all be over-hyped this is without a doubt one of the best movies I've ever seen. I'll be watching it again next week at an IMAX cinema for the true experience, but I strongly suggest anyone who hasn't seen it yet for whatever reason to do so as soon as possible.

...filled with snark and wit (Iron Man)

I'm sure you mean Stark and wit! Please don't hurt me.

I'm seeing this with a friend on Saturday. here's hoping it's as good as I've been hearing.

And while I love Captain America, my favourite film has to be Thor. I just really got in to that film the most. From a character and visual standpoint, it had me hooked. It kept me completely invested. Not that the other films didn't, they did, but Thor kept me the most invested.

Are we talking tie-in movies to this movie or superhero movies all-together?

Are we talking tie-in movies to this movie or superhero movies all-together?

Edited by pppp

Just saw the midnight opening.

I have to say, that once you see this movie the first time you will DEFINITELY be wanting a second trip to the theatres. This just takes amazing and carries it so far into the sunset that it's up there with sex if not more so.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I did not see Captain America because I never liked Captain America as a character. What do I really need to know to get the gist of the full story before I watch this monster?

Edited by turbojet

I did not see Captain America because I never liked Captain America as a character. What do I really need to know to get the gist of the full story before I watch this monster?

YEah, I haven't seen neither Cap or Thor in theaters, so will I need to know anything before I see this movie?

I recommend watching Thor,otherwise you won't find Loki interesting, since his whole motivation and backstory are explained in that movie. They do glance over it in the Avengers, but it's more believable if you actually see it happening in Thor.

I did not see Captain America because I never liked Captain America as a character.

Edited by pppp