http://screenrant.com/marvel-doctor-strange-movie-director-scott-derrickson/

Marvel’s ‘Doctor Strange’ To Be Directed by ‘Sinister’ Helmer Scott Derrickson

Published by  Sandy Schaefer  

Facebook
Twitter
Email
Pinterest
Google+

Doctor Strange Sorceror Supreme Comic Marvels Doctor Strange To Be Directed by Sinister Helmer Scott Derrickson

Doctor Strange is not yet officially a part of Phase 3 of Marvel Studios’ Cinematic Universe, though studio head Kevin Feige has all but confirmed that the Sorcerer Supreme will, in fact, be joining the MCU between the release of the second and third Avengers installments. It’s been nearly three months since reports began circulating about the shortlist of directors being considered to helm the project – and today, we can offer an update on the situation.

According to Variety, Scott Derrickson (The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Sinister) has entered proper talks to helm the Doctor Strange movie, after he was previously reported to be one of the filmmakers being eyed by Marvel Studios. The talks between the studio and Derrickson are reported to still be ongoing, though Variety‘s sources claim that “a deal should be struck shortly” – and THR‘s source are so confident about a deal being reached, that the site is already claiming that Derrickson “has signed on to direct the Marvel feature,” even in the absence of confirmation from Marvel.

Indeed, it seems safe to say that Derrickson will end up directing Doctor Strange, judging by this Tweet he just posted online:

The Doctor Strange comic books, for those unfamiliar, generally revolve around the arrogant neurosurgeon Stephen Strange, who is robbed of his fine surgical capabilities, only to later gain newfound supernatural abilities, which allow him to protect Earth from a variety of danger magical threats. Many a fan of the Stephen Strange character has already voiced their support for Derrickson to call the shots on a live-action Doctor Strange film, given his experience (and critical acclaim) in the supernatural horror genre – a sandbox he played in yet again for his next movie, Deliver Us From Evil, which opens in theaters this summer.

BpPNTn8CEAA6o8_.jpg

Derrickson, among other things, has demonstrated a knack for grounding the horrifying and fantastical without removing that sense of wonder (dark and disturbing, it may sometimes be), in his previous work – a skill that ought to serve him well, in adapting Doctor Strange so that it feels at home within the context of the larger Marvel Shared Universe. Indeed, Feige previously made it known that he thinks that the movie “needs to be a Ditko/Kubrick/Miyazaki/The Matrix mind-trip,” so you need someone who can get a really firm grasp on that sort of “weird” dark superhero story, in order to manage the task.

We’ll update this post with additional analysis shortly. In the meantime, let us know how you feel about Derrickson directing Doctor Strange, in the comments section of this article.

Doctor Strange is currently without an official theatrical release date.

Source: Variety, THR

After seeing numerous memes on iFunny that I never understood fully for not having seen these films, a few weeks ago I decided that it's time I get into these, and now I'm hooked. I have now seen Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, Avengers, Iron Man 3, and Thor: The Dark World. (I rented Iron Man on iTunes, rented Iron Man 2 on Youtube in shit quality, rented Thor on Youtube in shit quality, rented CA: TFA on Youtube in shit quality, and watched Avengers on Netflix, bought the Blu-Rays for Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World. Eventually planning on getting the blu rays for all of them). I did my research of course, and I skipped out on The Incredible Hulk film as you don't really have to watch it to understand the Avengers. And yes, I watched the credits scenes too lol

I will be seeing Captain America: The Winter Soldier either this weekend or next weekend, and I'm pretty excited for it. I'm also excited for Guardians of the Galaxy, and I noticed that the guy that was in the Thor: Dark World credits scene appears in the GoG trailer.

I'm a newbie to the MCU but right now I'm just awestruck at how they've handled it so far and how everything fits together. My favorite film so far has to be a tie between Iron Man 1, the Avengers, and Thor: The Dark World. I find it strange that Thor: The Dark World has the most negative critical reception out of all the MCU films; it is clearly a better film than Iron Man 2 and Thor 1 (in my opinion, of course).

Also I'm wondering how they're gonna pull the Ant Man film together, since it's supposedly supposed to be released in July 2015 (that's basically just a year from now), and they haven't even begun filming yet thanks to the director switch.

we got a synopsis for antman!!

http://marvel.com/news/movies/2014/6/7/22643/director_peyton_reed_and_writer_adam_mckay_join_marvels_ant-man

When Marvel's "Ant-Man" hits theaters July 17, 2015, director Peyton Reed will help shepherd the hero into the Marvel Cinematic Universe with a cast led by Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas, with writer Adam McKay contributing to the film's script.

Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang (Rudd) must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym (Douglas), protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.

New trailer, more of a serious take but still got Rocket hilarity here and there

The Cosmic Hype Train is real
  • Thumbs Up 5

• 2 weeks later...

WE have our Foggy Nelson, and he's a... Mighty Duck?!

http://screenrant.com/elden-henson-daredevil-netflix-marvel-foggy-nelson/

Elden Henson Joins ‘Daredevil’ As Marvel’s Foggy Nelson
Published 12 hours ago by Rob Keyes
Marvel Daredevil Netflix Foggy Nelson Elden Henson Elden Henson Joins Daredevil As Marvels Foggy Nelson

Daredevil, serving as a launchpad of sorts to the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s continued expansion on the small screen via Netflix, isn’t taking any chances in casting. So far, the major players joining Daredevil’s cast are all proven, acclaimed and recognizable talent. As such, all of the official casting announcements have been released separately with some time apart by Marvel as part of their early marketing.

Marvel-Daredevil-Netflix-Foggy-Nelson-El
Everything We Know About 'Prometheus 2'
Joining the Netflix series as the MCU’s version of Foggy Nelson is Elden Henson, a long-time actor who began his career as a child star and earned a big break starring in The Mighty Ducks and its sequels. He’s appeared in several high profile films from Idle Hands and The Butterfly Effect to Deja Vu and Jobs, and he’ll be seen again shortly on in Parts 1 and 2 of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay.

Henson joins Charlie Cox who plays the titular lead, Vincent D’Onofrio as Wilson Fisk, a.k.a The Kingpin, and Rosario Dawson in an unspecified lead role. If Dawson is playing a love interest such as Karen Page from Marvel Comics, we could see a little bit of romantic friction between the three since Foggy also has feelings for Page. This being the MCU however, there can be twists and turns on that and the fact that Marvel is hiding Dawson’s character’s identity plays into the possibility that there’s a lot of intentional mystery about her role in the story.

Jeph Loeb, Marvel’s Head of Television:

“Elden plays one of the most important characters in the world of ‘Marvel’s Daredevil,’ and we’re thrilled to see Foggy Nelson brought to life by such an incredibly talented actor. He perfectly captures the heart and soul of this series, bringing an added resonance to Matt Murdock’s fight against the injustice in their great city.

Foggy Nelson is the best friend of Matt Murdock aka Daredevil and was previously played by Iron Man director Jon Favreau opposite Ben Affleck’s Murdock in 2003′s Daredevil from Twentieth Century Fox. Murdock is a lawyer by day when not suited up in his red suit as The Man Without Fear and Nelson is his law partner. They were longtime friends before that, attending schools together, with Murdock even protecting Nelson from bullies. Depending how successful Marvel’s Netflix test is, we could see Murdock and Nelson for a very long time together and there are decades of stories and life events shared between the two in the lore to draw from. Daredevil begins shooting in New York this year for a 2015 premiere.

• 8 months later...

I'd hate to see this topic die thanks to recent forum-wide events. So I'll do my best to get us back to speed on the time we lost, and to provide some foundation for discussion:

* Guardians of the Galaxy came out in August. It was awesome
* first Age of Ultron trailer came out in October
* Agents of SHIELD introduces Inhumans to the MCU

* In November they announced a shitton of MCU movies (list later in this post)

* Agent Carter miniseries aired during January & February 2015

* Marvel Studios & Sony Pictures worked out a deal, Spider-Man will be joining the MCU in the coming years. Sony's "Amazing Spider-Man" movie series is cancelled.
* Agents of SHIELD returned after a break last week
* the final Age of Ultron trailer came out last week, looks epic
* Daredevil (Netflix original) trailer came out a couple days ago, all episodes will be released on Netflix on April 10th, 2015

Now to remind us of the upcoming films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe:
May 1, 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron

July 17, 2015 - Ant-Man
May 6, 2016 - Captain America: Civil War
Nov 4, 2016 - Doctor Strange
May 5, 2017 - Guardians of the Galaxy 2

July 28, 2017 - untitled Spider-Man movie set in the MCU
Nov 3, 2017 - Thor: Ragnarok
May 4, 2018 - Avengers: Infinity War - Part 1
July 6, 2018 - Black Panther
Nov 2, 2018 - Captain Marvel
May 3, 2019 - Avengers: Infinity War - Part 2
July 12, 2019 - Inhumans

Confirmed cast members for the aforementioned movies, only mentioning important and/or recurring characters: (I might have missed some)

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

Robert Downey Jr (Iron Man)

Chris Hemsworth (Thor)

Mark Ruffalo (Hulk)

Chris Evans (Captain America)

Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow)

Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye)

Samuel L Jackson (Nick Fury)

James Spader (Ultron)

Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Quicksilver)

Elizabeth Olsen (Scarlet Witch)

Paul Bettany (JARVIS, Vision)

Colbie Smulders (Maria Hill)

Anthony Mackie (Falcon) (confirmed on poster)

Idris Elba (Heimdall) (confirmed on poster)

Hayley Atwell (Peggy Carter) (confirmed on poster)

Stellan Skarsgard (Erik Selvig)

Don Cheadle (James Rhodes)

Andy Serkis (Ulysses Klaw)

Ant-Man (2015)

Paul Rudd (Ant-Man)

Michael Douglas (Hank Pym)

Evangeline Lily (Hope Van Dye)

Corey Stoll (Darren Cross)

John Slattery (Howard Stark)

Captain America: Civil War (2016)
Chris Evans (Captain America)

Robert Downey Jr (Iron Man)

Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow) (confirmed in interview)

Anthony Mackie (Falcon)

Frank Grillo (Crossbones)

Chadwick Boseman (Black Panther)

Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye) (confirmed very recently by Hollywood Reporter)

Sebastian Stan (Winter Soldier)

Doctor Strange (2016)

Benedict Cumberbatch (Doctor Strange)

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (2017)

Chris Pratt (Star-Lord)

Zoe Saldana (Gamora)

Dave Bautista (Drax)

Vin Diesel (Groot)

Bradley Cooper (Rocket)

Michael Rooker (Yondu) (James Gunn confirmed Yondu will return)

Karen Gillan (Nebula)

untitled Spider-Man film (2017)

Thor: Ragnarok

Chris Hemsworth (Thor)

Tom Hiddleston (Loki)

(speculation) - Jaimie Alexander (Sif)

(speculation) - Ray Stevenson (Volstagg)

(speculation) - Zachary Levi (Fandral)

(speculation) - Tadanobu Asano (Hogun)

(speculation) - Natalie Portman (Jane Foster)

(speculation) - Kat Dennings (Darcy Lewis)

(speculation) - Stellan Skarsgard (Erik Selvig)

*Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 (2018)
Josh Brolin (Thanos)
(speculation) - Robert Downey Jr (Iron Man)

(speculation) - Chris Evans (Captain America)

(speculation) - Mark Ruffalo (Hulk)

(speculation) - Chris Hemsworth (Thor)

(speculation) - Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow)

(speculation) - Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye)

Black Panther (2018)

Chadwick Boseman (Black Panther)

(speculation) - Andy Serkis (Ulysses Klaw)

Captain Marvel (2018)

*Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 (2019)

Josh Brolin (Thanos)

(speculation) - Robert Downey Jr (Iron Man)

(speculation) - Chris Evans (Captain America)

(speculation) - Mark Ruffalo (Hulk)

(speculation) - Chris Hemsworth (Thor)

(speculation) - Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow)

(speculation) - Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye)

*yes, I'm 100% sure we'll see more heroes than the original six in Infinity War, but since speculation on that can go wild, I just listed the original six to keep it simple

And for your convenience, here's the latest Daredevil trailer:

And here's the latest Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer:

• Thumbs Up 3

Hey, Corey Stoll has been confirmed as another character, only hinted as Yellowjacket, and I still think Pym might be the real one. Also that daredevil trailer is great, and MAOS has been great, but we do still have a thread to chat about that in

Another returning character for Ultron might have been confirmed. It's no shock if its true though. Found a mention of him in an interview with Idris Elba. Below is the link and the actual quote in the spoiler.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/11195704/Idris-Elba-interview-Marvel-movies-are-torture.html

And I’m doing a scene with Chris Hemsworth [who plays Thor] and Tom Hiddleston [Loki], and they’re like, [whispers] – ‘Aren’t you [meant to be] in Ibiza?’

Looks like Loki is back once more. 

Probably they're just setting up the basis for Thor: Ragnarok.

So, for anyone doubting it, Daredevil WILL be getting the iconic suit in the show... my question is will we see the yellow one too XD

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1503/16/daredevilcostume.htm

NETFLIX DAREDEVIL: THE COSTUME

For at the least the start of Marvel's upcoming Daredevil Netflix series, Daredevil will be wearing an all-black costume, a choice made early in the show's development.

"We had to come up with a logic for it," said Joe Quesada, Marvel's chief creative officer and a former Daredevil artist. "It was a delicate balance, because the stories we're telling are so real-world. Matt starts out in a homemade outfit that develops slowly. As he starts getting the crap kicked out of him on the streets, he adds padding little by little."

"We couldn't just come out of the box with a guy running around in a red devil costume," said Jeph Loeb, executive producer and Marvel's television head. "We needed to be able to make sure that it looked not like a costume, but a uniform."

Stephanie Maslansky is the show's costume designer.

"There was definitely a history and mythology that needed to be adhered to, but it also had to seem authentic," Maslansky said. "It needed to be made of things that anyone could buy on the street, on the Internet or in an army-navy store. We wanted something that looked militaristic and functional, but also dramatic and sexy. It was really tricky to make it both be practical and look, as Joe Quesada likes to say, 'really bad-ass.'"

Executive producer and showrunner Steven S. DeKnight said that fans will recognize the influence of Frank Miller's Man Without Fear, an early incarnation of Daredevil, in the spare black suit at which they arrived.

"He always wore a black mask that was tied in the back," DeKnight said. "We went through a lot of different versions and did a lot of R&D before settling on something. If you watch very closely, you'll see the outfit evolve subtly into what we call the black ninja suit. The mask changes. He starts wearing protective pads. Eventually it morphs into the classic suit, because he wouldn't be Daredevil without it. Getting there is part of the fun.

"The idea was to back the story up to the point before Matt is Daredevil. Then we could take him to a place where some version of the red suit works in a grounded world. The solution is very exciting and makes complete sense."

Daredevil will be available on Netflix on April 10.

Got some interviews, a preview for a full one with Scott Glen(who is playing sticks), and a Twitter one with Vincent D'Onfario

http://nukethefridge.com/2015/03/17/daredevil-exclusive-scott-glenn-describes-stick/

DAREDEVIL Exclusive: Scott Glenn Describes STICK

 Chris Salce

 March 17, 2015

 Exclusive, Featured, Interviews, News

Sharebar

At a press event today in Hollywood for the upcoming mystery thriller The Barber, the star of the film Scott Glenn, who will also star in the upcoming Netflix Marvel Daredevil series as Stick, did some one on one interviews and I (Chris Salce), had a chance ask Glenn a question about the series. Glenn describes his excitement about joining the MCU and describes his character in the series.

IMG_0770
Scott Glenn and Chris Salce

Q: How exciting is it to be a part of the Marvel Universe?

Scott Glenn: It’s really, really exciting. It’s kinda daunting because I’ve been telling my wife for the last eight or nine years, ‘how come they’re always having me be this old guy that sits behind a desk and sends the kids out to have all this fun?’ And for Daredevil, I loved it because…I didn’t know that world at all. I mean I understood right away that like in the world of Marvel, the people that I was working with were either in the 70’s or people your age [20’s] but they all were fanatical about the world of comics. I took it seriously and I realized that I had to play this character not tongue and cheek but seriously and I had to deal with something that I’ve never had to deal with as an actor in my life, which is being blind. And all of a sudden I’m kind of playing a character like Zatoichi, the blind swordsman. I’m a blind assassin and a martial arts master. So it meant aside from doing what you normally have to do as an actor such as making real emotional connections with the people you’re working with to move the story along and things like that, it also meant that you would have to be doing a ton of martial arts. I mean real Hong Kong Bruce Lee martial arts…blind. I don’t want to get into too much of the show but I was going to have to deal with that stuff for the first time in my life, so that was exciting, demanding and fun.

Screen-Shot-2014-09-16-at-11.17.41-AM.png

In the comics, Stick was the leader of the warrior order, the Chaste. He trained both Matt Murdock aka Daredevil and Elektra. He had the abilities of radar sense, acute hearing, taste, touch, and smell, telepathy, and the ability to drain life energy from another person.

Daredevil begins streaming April 10 on Netflix and the upcoming film The Barber hits select theaters and VOD March 27.

Stay tuned to NTF for the full interview with Scott Glenn and more news on The Barber.

http://www.threeifbyspace.net/2015/03/daredevil-askfisk-a-twitter-qa-with-vincent-donofrio/

Daredevil #AskFisk! A Twitter Q&A with Vincent D’Onofrio

By: Bri Image15 hours ago  34 Podcasts/InterviewsDaredevil, marvel, Netflix, Vincent D'Onofrio, Wilson Fisk

Vincent D’Onofrio joined us on the Twitterverse for a Q&A about his upcoming role in Daredevil!

“Hello everyone! Throw some questions at me. I’m here in Mexico and ready.-Vince #AskFisk

Q: Were you familiar with The Kingpin?
A: I was familiar with him thru the Spiderman comics.

Q: Is Vanessa making an appearance?
A: Oh, yes. She has everything to do with the Fisk origin story.

VIA mcuexchange.com
VIA mcuexchange.com

Q: You’re invested physically/emotionally in characters. (Was it) mentally draining to play Wilson Fisk?
A: Depends on (the) scene. Intense stuff (is) draining.

Q: How does it feel to be a part of Daredevil?
A: I’m in super cool company. A great feeling.

Q: What superpower would you personally like to have?
A: If we’re talking about me, to rid the Earth of evil.

Q: Is Fisk a monster? Or just a guy (who) became that way to survive?
A: That is for the people of Hell’s Kitchen to decide.

Q: What is the best part of joining the MCU so far?
A: (The) opportunity to work with the creative minds of Marvel.

Q: How do you describe your stunt double?
A: Extremely handsome.

Q: What (was it) about (the) Daredevil script that made you want (the) Fisk role?
A: How Steven DeKnight approached the characters as real people.

Q: Did you read comics as a kid, if so which?
A: I read many. But for me, Marvel was Spiderman and Captain America.

Q: How much physical prep did you do for this part?
A: Mostly interior prep, which was a heavy load.

Q: The Owl, is he an associate? A rival? A pawn? Complicated?
A: I’d love to tell you (the) whole story right now, but I can’t.

VIA www.neogaf.com
VIA www.neogaf.com

Q: What is it that Wilson Fisk admires most in Daredevil?
A: He admires his tenacity & his small size. Ha!

Q: How does Fisk compare to other villains you’ve played in films like Men In Black/The Cell?
A: All unique. Nature/Nurture.

Q: How much of (the) show will be essence of a Crime/Drama?
A: The task is balancing crime drama and action/adventure 1/2.

Q: How is it replacing Michael Clarke Duncan?
A: MCD was an awesome actor. Not taking over. Reinventing.

Q: Can you summarize Wilson Fisk in three words?
A: Child and monster.

Great questions. You’re all going to be a great audience on April 10th. Thanks again everyone! Can’t wait for you to see Daredevil! Later. V.”

Be sure to check out Daredevil beginning April 10th! The full series will be available on Netflix. Stay tuned here for all of your Daredevil and indie news!

Looks like we are getting the real Stick, which means mystical ninjas! *And Possibly Vampire hunters

Ok, we got a new motion poster, and I consider this big enough to do another post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltzGfeqWp_M

Keep an eye out for all the easter eggs (like the reflection, that is definitely NOT the black ninja suit

We've got some pics from the set of AKA Jessica Jones, of well, Jessica jones

O2X7kXZ.jpg

vrTTeL2.jpg

some more pics over at GAF for anyone interested http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=156793612&postcount=247

Also a certain actor playing a certain slimy picture for this show(David Tennant as Zebadiah Kilgrave, better known as THE PURPLE MAN)

4rCVh1Q.jpg

me382n2.jpgFXMIAOk.jpg

Honestly, I do hope they keep the classic purple skin, I mean Joker has his bleached skin, and is taken seriously, and Purple Man actually has some extremely dangerous powers that are linked to the skin color(got hit by a can of Neurotoxin, gains the ability to control wills, go figure), heck maybe they can do it like Jack Nicholson Joker who covered his miscolored skin with normal looking skin creme

Well, we've got an interview with Scott Glenn, who is playing Stick, haven't listened to it yet, but well the title is "Daredevil has more Stunts than any tv show"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hQwG6aE2Pmk 

Anybody up to a listen and summary? or thoughts at least

So, we have confirmation from Andy Serkis himself that he is Ulysses Claw

@3.51

Apparently its only a cameo... for now, but nothing is known of the future(that he can admit anyways)

One thing I'd like to point out in the trailer

Thanks to the shots of Scarlet Witch crying on the ground and appearing alone on the final battle, AND the fact that in the ending shot every single Avenger is there but Quicksilver and the Vision(This one having the excuse of being hidden from the trailers), people thought that meant Quicksilver would die.

Now, on the extended shot of the scene of the Avengers fighting the drones, you can clearly see Quicksilver's running effects around the Avengers breaking the drones around them, so yeah, he'll live, and Marvel probs got that effect in a bit late.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ya no, hope Quicksilver survives, that would stink and he could bring a lot

Also, we got the entertainment weekly covers for age of ultron, and boy do they assemble, we finally get a good look at Vision!

Avengers-2-Age-of-Ultron-EW-Cover-Team-R

Looked like he stepped out of the pages of the comics

It looks kind of dorky to me, but then again, I thought the same when I saw the costume for the live action Flash and now I really like it.