Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

We got our first official look at Yellowjacket in the AntMan movie!!!!

smp-ant-man_0.jpg?itok=BJdCYMGX\

Don't miss the tiny dude :P .... also anybody else hope we get our first major trailer for this with Avengers Age of Ultron? Now that would just be sick

... I'm still suspicious that Pym will wind up as Yellowjacket, that would both be pretty sick, and a cool setup for him in later movies... that and Giantman happening at the climax

I just watched Winter Soldier for the first time, and all I can say is WOW. I think this and Guardians of the Galaxy might tie as my favourite Marvel films. I am extremely hyped for Age of Ultron now, just need to wait for my friend to find sone time for us to go see it.

Well, here's something interesting

http://www.slashfilm.com/kevin-feige-ant-man-marvel-cinematic-universe/

An Avengers junket wouldn’t be an Avengers junket without a big surprise. In 2012, it was the reveal that the cast was filming one more scene. In 2015, for Avengers: Age of Ultron, Kevin Feige premiered the new trailer for Ant-Man, which will be online Monday. It’s shows much more of the humor, scope and effects we can expect come July 17.

Before that’s released though, we talked to the Marvel Studios President about the Peyton Reed film. With a slot after Avengers: Age of Ultron but before Captain America: Civil War, many fans have wondered what – if any – significant Ant-Man would have in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Well, according to Feige, a lot. He says the film is actually a “different kind of culmination to Phase Two” and is quite important in setting a tone that links Age of Ultron and Civil War. Read the Kevin Feige Ant-Man Marvel Cinematic Universe quotes below.

In our interview (which you’ll be able to read more of as we get closer to, and after, the release of Age of Ultron) I told Feige that Ant-Man‘s odd placement makes it feel like an after though and asked thoughts on that. Here’s his response:

It’s not [an after thought]. The truth is the phases mean a lot to me and some people but…Civil War is the start of Phase Three. It just is. And Ant-Man is a different kind of culmination of Phase Two because it very much is in the MCU.

You meet new characters and you learn about Hank Pym and his lineage with the MCU over the years. But at the same time, it also picks up the thread of Age of Ultron in terms of heroes – major heroes, Avengers – coming from unexpected places. Whether it’s prison in the case of Scott Lang or being a very disgruntled Sokovian Twins as Wanda and Pietro are in Age of Ultron. And in that way it connects a lot.

Also, Hank Pym’s attitude towards Avengers, towards S.H.I.E.L.D, and kind of the cinematic universe in general, is much more informed after the events of Age of Ultron, and in a certain way, before the events of Civil War.

We know that Iron Man and Captain America are going to have a major disagreement in Civil War, so it seems safe to surmise Pym’s attitudes about superheroes might inform that. Which is pretty cool.

I was hoping that Pym and Lang would be involved in CA: Civil War, its starting to look more likely to me

So, the comic about Age Of Ultron was released, it has some new info, Dr. Cho, the new character who's apparently a good friend of Tony's, will be introduced helping a wounded Hawkeye after the battle with Strucker. 

And for me, the most shocking part of the comic, the first thing Ultron does after gaining sentience?

Kills Jarvis

We got our first official look at Yellowjacket in the AntMan movie!!!!

smp-ant-man_0.jpg?itok=BJdCYMGX\

Don't miss the tiny dude :P .... also anybody else hope we get our first major trailer for this with Avengers Age of Ultron? Now that would just be sick

... I'm still suspicious that Pym will wind up as Yellowjacket, that would both be pretty sick, and a cool setup for him in later movies... that and Giantman happening at the climax

this looks really goofy and dumb I gotta be honest

Ant Man trailer is here

Looks okay really, not bad. Don't mess with Thomas the Tank Engine!

• Thumbs Up 1

the way he moves screams "wannabe spider-man"

the costumes look really stupid

dialogue is really bad

CGI CGI CGI CGI CGI CGI CGI

Don't really see what's so Spider-Man in how he moves- he's constantly changing size, climbing and jumping are kind of necessities

Also not seeing how you'd expect this to be done without absurd amounts of CGI

That said, and once more

fuck them for screwing Pym over

That fucking Yellowjacket suit sold me. Looks so awesome.

This reminds me of the first Iron Man a lot.

• Thumbs Up 2

They nailed Ant-Man's movements, looks true to the original series, particularly the shrinking effect. I'm loving it. Costumes look amazingly on point.

That final scene is definitely a remnant of when Edgar Wright had his hand in the film. I didn't care at all for this after the mediocre first teaser but if it can maintain this kind of vibe, I'm sold.

• Thumbs Up 4

Don't really see what's so Spider-Man in how he moves- he's constantly changing size, climbing and jumping are kind of necessities

Also not seeing how you'd expect this to be done without absurd amounts of CGI

That said, and once more

fuck them for screwing Pym over

just looks like it, especially that bit where he's hopping across those debris platforms

I dunno, I'm just commenting on what I saw. All CGI fight scenes like these are really, really, really, really, really, really, really boring. I've seen too many Marvel/superhero movies. They all look the same to me at this point. Some of Cap 2's fight scenes were decent (only Cap's really) and Daredevil's are fantastic. This is whatever to me. Looks boring.

what's a Pym

Pym is the old man in this trailer, instead of being the mentally unstable bipolar superhero scientist with an inferiority complex who constantly fucks things up because he thinks he can't measure up to the others, doing things like creating Ultron so he can defeat Ultron and be awesome, or hit his wife once which was only meant as a shove but the art exaggerated it and thus he became known as a wife.beater in-and-outside comic, which only helped further sell all his problems

But since Edgar Wright first read a Scott Lang comic, we instead get an apparently happy, well adjusted, old man Pym

Imagine a Spider-Man movie where he's a hot hunk, always has been, is super popular, and his entire family is alive

• Thumbs Up 2

Imagine a Spider-Man movie where he's a hot hunk, always has been, is super popular, and his entire family is alive

ew gross

It's pretty much how I'm reacting to this :P

Honestly losing interest fast in the MCU. Curious to see how they'll do Doc Strange and Black Panther, and that's it.

So basically the Amazing Spider-Man reboot if you scratch the last part? ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

• Thumbs Up 7

So basically the Amazing Spider-Man reboot if you scratch the last part? ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

well they didn't make him all that but I will concede hot hunk Garfield made me question certain things about myself for a moment

Not so sure I'm sold on the entire thing yet but the costumes, effects and action sequences look really great. Looks like it'll be dumb fun if nothing else. I'm actually looking forward to it now.

Can I just gush about how Ultron's being handled?

Not only he's able to keep up with everyone's snark without being generic villain robot, heck , he pokes fun at Tony expecting him to tell his plan, and not giving him a robotic filter was just a great idea, it makes him sound way more natural and creepier because that metallic abomination is so close to looking like a human but yet so far.

• Thumbs Up 1

Aren't black widow and green arrow so ridiculously outclassed here it's not even funny like how are they supposed to keep up I'm genuinely confused what they're doing here