Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

I see they seem to be aiming at the /tv/ audience by mixing Ultron's voice as well whit the surroundings as Bane's was in Dark Knight Rises, but it's lacking the befuddling dialogue

Right.

Found this

Warning: This Trailer is spoilery as fuck

Some Highlights I'd like to share:

Ultron's final form! When he says ''Nightmare time'', you can see his body is different! And it seems bulkier with a lot of armored parts, Vibranium, anyone?

And right after he says that, look carefully at the team shot of the Avengers, if your vision is good enough, you might see a small surprise.

Also

post-6099-0-05417100-1429169833_thumb.pn

Goddamn, nightmare time indeed.

• Thumbs Up 1

PSA:

Avengers Age of Ultron Spoilers are leaking all over the place... not sure if legit since they said there wouldn't be one, but an after credits scene exists...

Last chance to stop yourself...

Credit to Jacky in the status.

If real, holy shit!

But personally, bot buying it, looks a bit off... and they said that there wouldn't be one... but pretty good effort though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just got back from seeing it too.

It's a really good film.

Is it better than the first one? Possibly... but, at times it does feel a little bit like the first one, though not as you're watching it, as I was heading home when I reflected back on it, I realised just how much like the first one it was. Mainly in the structure of the movie, especially when they discover that Stark made Ultron and the group starts to fracture, it felt a lot like the moments in the first movie when they didn't get along and when Loki was manipulating them when they were on the helicarrier. Same with the ending, felt a lot like the first one in many ways.

However, that doesn't mean it's bad or unoriginal, but I can't help but wonder watching it if they could have gone or at one point they were going down a different road with this.

Spoilers ahead.

Loki's plan ultimately results in him wanting to take over and enslave the earth, though he has to first obtain that item for Thanos and then deliver it to him.

It's quite a clear list of objectives.

Ultron however... well... you know I'm still not sure. When Ultron is first activated, Jarvis more or less says 'You are hostile' then we see Ultron build some robots, then attack the Avengers and calls for their extinction and how you want to protect the world but you don't want it to change.

Then Ultron keeps saying how he's 'saving the world' and talking about evolving both himself and the world. 

At this point I and a few others in the audience were a bit 'oh so he's not going to destroy it....' Heck I was thinking 'maybe he's going to try and turn everybody into some kind of cyborg like creatures?' Given how he was working with Wanda and Quicksilver.

So when it turns out his plan was 'destroy the world' it was a bit... but there were all these hints that it wasn't as obvious as that. 

He's supposed to be based off Stark, there's this subplot running through that Stark has a dark side and might actually be doing more harm than good, however, you don't really ever see this, the Stark in this movie, you can't help but sympathise with, you realise that what he's doing is the right course of action, but it goes spectacularly wrong. This isn't a man going through a god complex or some kind of psychopath who does bad things thinking they're good. He's got a good argument for doing what he does, but through a one in a million chance it goes completely wrong. At one point, he and banner talk about this other project, which ends up being a countermeasure for the Hulk, if Banner ever lost control... wait... that's a good idea, Banner fears that one day he might completely lose control, the move by Tony to put it into practice is a good idea, which whilst it works, it shows how risky it was to deploy in a populated area.. 

With Ultron, Ultron thinks or at least claims he's saving the world, yet he kills people to accomplish his goal, mocks at several points, threatens to kill people unless they do as he says, he's not really anything like Stark in this film, he's acting more like a psychopath, there's even a suggestion in the film that Ultron was simply going to nuke the whole world and be done with it. 

With Stark, you have this man trying to do good, who has a well through out idea which makes sense... but goes wrong.

With Ultron, you have a villain who drops all these hints that there is something else going on, but actually, he just wants to destroy us all.

That said, Age of Ultron isn't a bad film at all, it's really good, definitely up there with the first film. You certainly don't notice these nitpicks during the movie, but afterwards when you think back on it, there are a few things which don't make much sense.

Mind you, roll on infinity wars.

Oh and as for Quicksilver....

By far one of the best adaptations of a comic book character for ages... loved how they handled him, also I liked how they brought in a 'mutant' who isn't an over powered being but actually has a limit of sorts thus meaning he can be defeated and is vulnerable

P.S. One of the best Stan Lee cameos to date.

• Thumbs Up 4

Loki's plan ultimately results in him wanting to take over and enslave the earth, though he has to first obtain that item for Thanos and then deliver it to him.

It's quite a clear list of objectives.

Ultron however... well... you know I'm still not sure. When Ultron is first activated, Jarvis more or less says 'You are hostile' then we see Ultron build some robots, then attack the Avengers and calls for their extinction and how you want to protect the world but you don't want it to change.

Then Ultron keeps saying how he's 'saving the world' and talking about evolving both himself and the world. 

At this point I and a few others in the audience were a bit 'oh so he's not going to destroy it....' Heck I was thinking 'maybe he's going to try and turn everybody into some kind of cyborg like creatures?' Given how he was working with Wanda and Quicksilver.

So when it turns out his plan was 'destroy the world' it was a bit... but there were all these hints that it wasn't as obvious as that. 

He's supposed to be based off Stark, there's this subplot running through that Stark has a dark side and might actually be doing more harm than good, however, you don't really ever see this, the Stark in this movie, you can't help but sympathise with, you realise that what he's doing is the right course of action, but it goes spectacularly wrong. This isn't a man going through a god complex or some kind of psychopath who does bad things thinking they're good. He's got a good argument for doing what he does, but through a one in a million chance it goes completely wrong. At one point, he and banner talk about this other project, which ends up being a countermeasure for the Hulk, if Banner ever lost control... wait... that's a good idea, Banner fears that one day he might completely lose control, the move by Tony to put it into practice is a good idea, which whilst it works, it shows how risky it was to deploy in a populated area.. 

With Ultron, Ultron thinks or at least claims he's saving the world, yet he kills people to accomplish his goal, mocks at several points, threatens to kill people unless they do as he says, he's not really anything like Stark in this film, he's acting more like a psychopath, there's even a suggestion in the film that Ultron was simply going to nuke the whole world and be done with it. 

With Stark, you have this man trying to do good, who has a well through out idea which makes sense... but goes wrong.

With Ultron, you have a villain who drops all these hints that there is something else going on, but actually, he just wants to destroy us all.

I think in the context of the movie, what it's essentially implying for a majority of the movie is that Ultron has a vision of human extinction, or at least our basic understanding of the concept. That's what Cho mentions when she's uploading Ultron to Vision - it's his base thoughts, and that's what Ultron's program was rooted in. That said, he speaks a lot during the movie about the concept of evolution, and "evolving" the human race.

He tries to convince Wanda and Pietro that his intentions are for the betterment of man after they discover the truth, but as a naive "newborn" machine he's unable to accurately express that sentiment for human understanding. To some degree he even actually cares about Wanda (expressing concern over her staying on the island). That concern is probably what ends up serving as the eventual basis for the Vision x Scarlet Witch pairing that is incredibly prominent in the comics since Vision is halfway based on Ultron's personality.

The way I see it, his original plan when he was uploading himself into Vision was all part of his vaguely defined plan to make humans "evolve" with the infinity stone of mind imbued into him, but after that body got hijacked and he couldn't make use of the ultimate body, the plan changed.

I don't know all the answers, but so many exchanges in the movie are really interesting to analyze when it comes to Ultron. The final sequence he has with Vision is great and just comes to show how interesting of a conflict the two of them can be assumed to face, especially since both of them were created by the same person.

One thing I was a tad disappointed with.

Hulk had no lines, at least none that I can remember. Wasn't expecting him to have a huge conversation or anything, but a one off 'Hulk Smash' or 'Puny Robot...' when he finally gets to take on Ultron would have been nice

• Thumbs Up 2

Yep, Edgar Wright is amazing. I really wish we could find out what his script was like for Ant-Man.

Seeing how Wright and Cornish were just now mentioned to be receiving shared screenplay credit with McKay and Reed as opposed to just Story credit, probably a significant chunk of it is in the end result.

I love Wright, own The Cornetto Trilogy on Blu-Ray and consider The World's End to be the best thing that anyone involved with it has done, with Pegg and Frost putting on their best performances and Wright staging an incredibly profound theme. But the short-changed nature of Ant-Man is going to feel like an awkward disservice toward the new creative team who are either going to ride on the success of what Wright "contributed", or fail on account of whatever they bring to the table. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario. If Ant-Man ends up good, which by all means it's looking up, people will be quick to put the credit on Wright (hell that train sequence is classic Wright style set piece directing and writing). If it fails, people will be quick to blame it on Reed and McKay.

That said, and I say this as someone who considers him my favorite director - fuck Wright for taking seven years that amounted to wasting us on Hank Pym, and even Wasp. Knowing that the latter was originally supposed to be in The Avengers is kind of upsetting.

• Thumbs Up 3

Seeing how Wright and Cornish were just now mentioned to be receiving shared screenplay credit with McKay and Reed as opposed to just Story credit, probably a significant chunk of it is in the end result.

I love Wright, own The Cornetto Trilogy on Blu-Ray and consider The World's End to be the best thing that anyone involved with it has done, with Pegg and Frost putting on their best performances and Wright staging an incredibly profound theme. But the short-changed nature of Ant-Man is going to feel like an awkward disservice toward the new creative team who are either going to ride on the success of what Wright "contributed", or fail on account of whatever they bring to the table. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario. If Ant-Man ends up good, which by all means it's looking up, people will be quick to put the credit on Wright (hell that train sequence is classic Wright style set piece directing and writing). If it fails, people will be quick to blame it on Reed and McKay.

That said, and I say this as someone who considers him my favorite director - fuck Wright for taking seven years that amounted to wasting us on Hank Pym, and even Wasp. Knowing that the latter was originally supposed to be in The Avengers is kind of upsetting.

This is pretty much how I feel, it could have been interesting, but the side-effects of him working and twisting it to his vision has meant a number of iconic characters have suffered and been delayed... though I still think Hope Van Dyne will become the Wasp though, hopefully the trio will show up in Civil War and Infinity wars

Sucks for them but that's the life of a gun for hire director trying to fill in the shoes of a genius. And isn't the new writer the guy behind Step Brothers? Eh.

It's not a big deal, I had no interest in Ant Man before (he very rarely meets Spider-Man if ever so I didn't even know he existed before the movie announcement) but now that I'm slightly more familiar with Wright I'm saddened about what could have been a hilarious movie. Dialogue in that trailer was awful imo.

Oh well. I have the whole rest of his backlog to catch up on.

• Thumbs Up 1

For you guys who watched the movie

Does Thor say ''Ultron, we would have words with thee'' at any moment?

Introducing Baron Strucker in this movie only to unceremoniously kill him offscreen (not to mention giving him NONE of the powers he had originally) is criminal.

And the stinger is pointless when you really get down to it: Thanos is just there to say "There you go, the plot towards Infinity War is going forward. See ya."

Also, Falcon in the last 5 second of the movie is unintentionally laughable: it reminds me a lot of Doug Walker's clip as Chester A. Bum commentating on Rhino in ASM2. "I'm in the movieeee-!".

I really loved the first Avengers film so much, I seriously can't wait to see Age of Ultron in the theaters with my friends, that is hopefully we can get together to see it. Man this gonna be a blast.

Since I got nothing interesting to say right now, I'll just say that I'll be looking forward to the future Marvel films, especially Black Panther, and see how they'll turn out.

Alright. Since Avengers Age of Ultron has come to the UK, I'm just back from seeing it. My thoughts.

Well, I don't wish to spoil anything but It was absolutely fucking amazing. I can definitely say this overtakes The Dark Knight as the best comic book film. It is that good. This film is made and I do mean MADE for Marvel fans. The movie skips all the boring stuff from the original where we had to see the team get made and all that and jumps us straight into the action. The film assumes you've seen the other films and while it can be a negative, I'd say most people watching this will already know these characters or have already seen the previous films.

Now, there's one reason why this overtakes the original Avengers and surpasses the other comic book films. It's focus. The focus is placed entirely on the characters. We see these characters interact, have fun, have doubt and much more, it really is brilliant.

Ultron was a really great villain. The trailer doesn't show it but like Loki, he is funny. Not as funny but still funny. For example, he gets really self defensive when it gets to his plans and I refuse to spoil it here, but trust me. It's really really funny. He is still also really threatening, and that song about strings? It gets even more creepy in the movie. No joke.

I can't really speak much more because if I do, I will end up spoiling things but there is one thing I have to say. Don't worry. It isn't a spoiler as it is absolutely fake.

There has been a so called ''leaked'' post-credits scene of Spider-Man talking to a guy at Avengers Tower. It is an absolute fake. The film has no Spider-Man in it at all. How the person managed to pull off the leak, I don't know, but the film's post credits scene has absolutely nothing to do with the Web-head.

• Thumbs Up 1

‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ Opens to Massive $201.2 Million at Foreign Box Office

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/avengers-age-of-ultron-box-office-1201480134/

“Avengers: Age of Ultron” debuted to a massive $201.2 million across 44 territories this weekend.

Disney and Marvel’s super team adventure was the highest-grossing film in everywhere it opened, and has now rolled out in 55% of the international marketplace, including such major locales as France, Italy, Germany, the United Kingdom, Russia, Korea and Australia.

Going into the weekend, Disney was projecting a foreign debut of between $160 million to $175 million.

“The bar was high, but this is a sign of unbelievable momentum in the marketplace,” said Dave Hollis, Disney’s distribution chief. “It all goes back to the strength of the brand and the incredible work the Marvel team does in telling stories in such a consistent way and creating these worlds.”

The hotly anticipated superhero sequel opens next week in the U.S., where it is expected to earn north of $200 million and could top the first “Avengers'” record-breaking $207.4 million bow. Bringing Thor, Iron Man, Captain America and other costumed heroes together isn’t cheap, and “Avengers: Age of Ultron” carries a $250 million price tag.

The success of “Avengers: Age of Ultron” is a testament to the strength of the global market, which now accounts for 70% or more of a major film’s box office gross. Two decades ago, foreign ticket sales usually comprised less than half of a movie’s revenues.

“We are living in rarefied air with ‘Avengers’ to be even talking about these kind of numbers,” said Paul Dergarabedian, senior media analyst at Rentrak. “A weekend like this is why a lot of people think it could be even bigger than the first one.”

What’s particularly impressive is that “Avengers: Age of Ultron” put up such big numbers despite currency fluctuations. The strength of the dollar and economic troubles in Europe and Russia have dramatically altered the exchange rate picture in the three years since the first “Avengers. The Euro has fallen roughly 20% in the ensuing time, while the ruble has plunged 46%. Yet the second film is still exceeding the first installment by 44% in today’s dollars.

Enthusiasm for the film gave Imax the largest international opening in its history, not counting China, with $10.4 million of “Avengers: Age of Ultron’s” gross coming from the wide screen locations. In a sign of the Imax’s popularity when it comes to comic book titles, its newly opened Denmark theater, its first venue in Scandinavia, did a staggering $172,000 on one screen.

“This picture is right in our wheelhouse,” said Greg Foster, Imax Entertainment CEO. “It’s a fanboy title and those are the pillar titles that drive what we do.”

He likened Imax’s relationship to films in the Marvel universe to the one it enjoyed with the “Harry Potter” series.

“It’s building a similar relationship with audiences,” said Foster. “That became a tradition to lets go see Harry Potter in Imax.”

• Thumbs Up 1

So are we expecting this movie to possibly pass The Avengers box office numbers of $1.5+ billion?

So are we expecting this movie to possibly pass The Avengers box office numbers of $1.5+ billion?

It's looking possible. I initially had doubts that the movie would have anywhere near the same kind of legs as the first but considering the current international box office openings so far are above ~40% of the markets the original Avengers opened in (and it's not even in several of the biggest ones internationally yet), the domestic legs probably won't matter that much even if it's looking to break the original record holder regardless. It's looking likely that it will hit $1 billion internationally which only Titanic, Avatar and Furious 7 have managed. The international movie going market has gone up tremendously in value over the years.

• Thumbs Up 1