Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

1448429363648.jpg

CUoh59sWsAAWhac.jpg

This is gonna get really ugly and I'm gonna love every second of it

Well just so long as it doesn't lead into Joe Quesada  levels of ugly,  count me in! XD

• Thumbs Up 2

It only took a few episodes, but Jessica Jones has officially sold me. I've always loved the Jessica Jones character and the source comic she comes from (one of Brian Michael Bendis' best works when he was still a fresh, capable, and creative writer), so I was a little worried walking in. Jessica's superhero past ties to the Avengers and heavy use of the word f**k were key elements to the Alias comics, but the show does its own thing without those that it does a fine job standing on its own, rather than being in the shadow of the source material. 

Krysten Ritter does a fantastic job in the lead role, and David Tennant is simply magnificent as the Purple Man. His performance as a short-tempered, narcissistic  psychopath makes Killgrave the most fully realized, and probably the best villain in the MCU. He's absolutely terrifying! 

Marvel is doing a bang up job with their Netflix content so far. First Daredevil, now this. Brin g on Luke Cage !

Edited by Chaos Incarnate

IGN have posted the Sokovia Accords, which are included in the Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 2 box set:

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2015/12/Skovia-Accords-Marvel-Phase-2-Box-Set-Civil-War-720x986.png 

I hope this movie is as intense as the trailer implies and that it consists mostly of the conflict between the heroes. Considering that Ultron looked a lot scarier in trailers and that there are other villains floating around in Civil War, I'm trying to temper expectations.

Different topic; Is Agent Carter still available? I can't seem to find it on Netflix; I hear conflicting reports that either season 2 is coming out or it is cancelled. If it is cancelled, is there I way I can still view it? I never got a chance to watch it.

Different topic; Is Agent Carter still available? I can't seem to find it on Netflix; I hear conflicting reports that either season 2 is coming out or it is cancelled. If it is cancelled, is there I way I can still view it? I never got a chance to watch it.

DVD/BDs of s1 just came out. s2 is airing in January during Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s mid season break same as last year. 19th January is ep 1 of s2.

• 2 weeks later...

Well here's something interesting, a new entry for upcoming legos, 2 of them are based off Avengers Assemble(we're getting a Thanos Big Fig! and a Hyperion Minifig!), but the other three are from the movie and one could quite likely be spoilers, since while sets can have events that don't happen, characters do have to be introduced to be made

Lego 2016

We're getting Giant-man! I mean it's been speculated for a while, but yay!

• 2 weeks later...

First look at Doctor Strange!!!!

http://screenrant.com/doctor-strange-movie-images-plot-details/

Doctor Strange Images & Details: A Sorcerer Supreme is Born

doctor strange movie benedict cumberbatch Doctor Strange Images & Details: A Sorcerer Supreme is Born

The Marvel Cinematic Universe will continue its expansion with Phase 3, starting in May with Captain America: Civil War and continuing in November with the introduction of the Sorcerer Supreme in Doctor Strange. The latter will also contribute to the expanding cosmic side of the MCU, which started last year with Guardians of the Galaxy.

Doctor Strange has already started filming and it is expected to finish in March, so it’s only fair that we start getting more details on Marvel’s darkest story up to date. The first official look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Stephen Strange has seen the light, and now even more images and details have been released.

EW‘s latest issue not only has Benedict Cumberbatch in full Stephen Strange costume on the cover, but inside its pages are more details on the Sorcerer Supreme’s debut on the MCU.

Aside from the costume – which remains faithful to the one from the comic books but without looking cartoonish – one of Strange’s signature details are his spell-casting hand gestures. Cumberbatch opened up about this particular characteristic, saying “These gestures are ways of creating the magic. It’s a beautiful thing, it’s balletic, it’s very dynamic. And once the boys in the backroom get to work on it, there’s going to be crazy s–t going on.”

One thing is the spell-casting physicality, which consists mainly on very specific hand gesturing, and another is all the physical work that comes with a universe based on magic and mystic arts. As Cumberbatch puts it, “There’s all sorts of craziness. Falling, flying, jumping, fighting, punching, getting punched. It’s really rough and tumble.”

doctor strange movie cumberbatch powers Doctor Strange Images & Details: A Sorcerer Supreme is Born

doctor strange marvel movie cumberbatch Doctor Strange Images & Details: A Sorcerer Supreme is Born

Among the images released by EW are some pieces of concept art, in which we get a glimpse at the Chamber of Relics, the psychedelic aesthetic of the movie, and a key moment in Strange’s story. First, the Chamber of Relics. Speculation around this piece of concept art has already begun, with some saying Marvel Studios has renamed the Sanctum Sanctorum – but in reality, the Chamber of Relics is most likely part of the Sanctorum. In it we can see Strange’s cape as well as other mystical artefacts.

When it comes to the aesthetic of the movie, Doctor Strange director of photography Ben Davis has said that the film will remain faithful to the comic books’ psychedelic vibe, promising an explosion of colours in what could be described as a visual trip. One of the pieces of art shared by EW gives us an idea of what we can expect (see below), in visual terms, from this project.

doctor strange movie sanctum santorum Doctor Strange Images & Details: A Sorcerer Supreme is Born

doctor strange marvel movie 2016 magic Doctor Strange Images & Details: A Sorcerer Supreme is Born

Kevin Feige, Marvel Studios president, shared the following.

Doctor Strange will explore Stephen Strange’s journey from the beginning, meaning that we will get to see the accident that shattered his hands and gave way to his journey through the mystic arts. Marvel was very specific as to what they wanted for this movie and the actor to portray Stephen Strange – more so because the role demands not only a lot of physical work, but also emotional depth. Per Feige:

doctor strange movie images surgery Doctor Strange Images & Details: A Sorcerer Supreme is Born

Doctor Strange is a new field for director Scott Derrickson, best known for his work in the horror genre with movies such as The Exorcism of Emily Rose and Sinister, but so far he has proven to be the best choice to helm this project. First and foremost, Derrickson is a Doctor Strange fan himself, and shares he is “perpetually awestruck that I’m getting to make this movie.” He added: “I keep waiting for the knock on the door when somebody says, ‘This movie’s too weird, we can’t make this’.”

Fans can rest peacefully knowing that Doctor Strange is in the best hands, both behind and in front of the camera. Judging by these photos and pieces of concept art, it looks like Marvel is keeping as many details from the comic books as they can, but without them looking like they come from, well, a comic book.

Looks like they are going full out crazy Steve Ditko/Jack Kirby colorful crazy other worlds

As a huge Doctor Strange fan and as a person who hasn't liked a good chunk of the MCU so far, i like this design and the concepts, and i'm definetly interested reguarding the movie.

Now the only remaining question is that if they will just stick with the rivalry between Strange and Baron Mordo or they will also add one of the supernatural gods like Dormammu or Nightmare.

Dudes, we're getting it, the most iconic Marvel team up move of all time in Captain America Civil War, the concept art has confirmed it! Hawkeye and Antman launch attack!

1157566_1666866823570390_346186785866086

Now if we get Giantman too, this is going to be one of the best ant-man movie moments of all time Yet

1 hour ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Dudes, we're getting it, the most iconic Marvel team up move of all time in Captain America Civil War, the concept art has confirmed it! Hawkeye and Antman launch attack!

1157566_1666866823570390_346186785866086

Now if we get Giantman too, this is going to be one of the best ant-man movie moments of all time Yet

They're doing the arrow trick? Hell yes!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, dwibs93 said:

http://www.moviefone.com/2015/12/31/marvel-black-panther-creed-director-ryan-coogler/

Ryan Coogler, director of Fruitvale Station and Creed, has been chosen as the director of Black Panther.

Completely unsurprised really.  I haven't seen Creed, but with how much buzz it's gotten, it's seems like he's got the talent to do it.  I know people said that about Josh Trank when he was chosen for Fan4stic and we all know how that turned out, but more often than not, Marvel knows better when choosing it's creative minds, so this should be in safe hands.

@QuantumEdge, yet he actually has several consistently good movies under his belt, while Josh Trank was a one hit wonder

Also first look at Sanctum Sanctorum in Doctor Strange, looking good

http://screenrant.com/doctor-strange-images-art-sanctum-sanctorum/

Sinister director Scott Derrickson’s Doctor Strange will be the first Marvel Studios film to explore the concepts of magic, mythicism, and sorcery within the context of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, when it arrives in Fall 2016. Benedict Cumberbatch of Sherlock fame is playing Stephen Vincent Strange – the brilliant if arrogant surgeon who becomes a practitioner of the magic arts after a life-changing accident – in the movie and much has already been made of not just his abilities, but also the magical artifacts that Strange employs (such as the Cloak of Levitation).

Strange’s base of operations is also known as the Sanctum Sanctorum and has already seemingly been partially revealed via previously-released concept art for the Doctor Strange film that shows a location referred to as the Chamber of Relics – a place where Strange keep important magical objects (such as the Eye of Agamotto). Additional concept art for Derrickson’s comic book adaptation has been unveiled, revealing yet another section of Strange’s headquarters, along with a set photo that shows off (part of) the real thing.

Doctor Strange producer Louis D’Esposito posted the following set image to his verified Twitter account, showing the architecturally stylized window to Strange’s Sanctum Sanctorum. Following that is concept art that offers a larger view of the room (as was also officially released by Marvel):

doctor strange movie art sanctum sanctorum Doctor Strange Concept Art & Set Image Reveal the Sanctum Sanctorum

The Doctor Strange movie script, as was co-penned by such people as Jon Spaihts (Prometheus) and Derrickson’s frequent collaborator C. Robert Cargill, will explore its namesake’s origins; meaning, those filmgoers unfamiliar with the character though the world of Marvel Comics will be provided background information on not only the Sanctum Sanctorum, but also those key magical artifacts it houses and how Strange came to acquire them. Seeing as the movie includes a straight-forward villain – a mystery character being played by Mads Mikkelsen (Hannibal) – whose thoughts about how to control the world of magic differ strikingly from those of Strange’s teacher, aka The Ancient One (Tilda Swinton), the idea of Strange being entrusted to guard precious magical objects from the more malevolent magic-users of the MCU (during his solo film) seems pretty self-explanatory.

Meanwhile, the aesthetics and visual style of Doctor Strange appear to be on the level with those of the Thor movies, which is appropriate enough – seeing as out of all the Marvel features released in Phase I and II of the MCU, they have dipped their foot the deepest in fantasy (though Asgard and its concepts of “magic” are technically grounded in fictional science). Doctor Strange does promise to be somewhat darker and much more trippy than the Thor movies though, and it’s in that respect that Derrickson’s background in supernatural horror (having also directed such films as Hellraiser: Inferno and Deliver Us from Evil) should come nicely into play – when it concerns the “scary things” that Strange must protect the people of Earth from.

Season 2 of Daredevil is coming and it has a trailer.

No new footage so far but we do have a poster that tell us what to expect.

CYJjfb-VAAAVzya.jpg:large

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Detective Tenth Doctor said:

new trailer for Civil War has dropped.

HE'S HERE!

Him and you-know-who from Africa. 

I have to say,  I really dig the classic look and how they got the eyes on his costume to animate like the traditional Ditko eyes and in the cartoons. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Nice to see Spidey, but I won't lie, I was let down a bit by the outfit.

I guess the point was "He's been inexperienced so the costume will reflect that", but on screen, it looks like one of those cheap costume party things.

But still, it's not just the costume, it's the character, so I hope Tom Holland and the writers will make up for that. 

Absolutely agreed on the eye part concerning Spider-Man's costume in this incarnation. Really like how they have subtle movement like in some animated adaptations. Reminds me of Deadpool's CG eyes. I also like how the "eyes" look like they are made from the actual fabric of the costume this time, compared to most depictions.

The new costume gets approval from me. Has a lot of nice cosmetic changes that differentiate it from past film depictions of the character.

• Thumbs Up 5

so like

can we skip april

nothing fun happens in april

and

THIS MOVIE COMES OUT IN MAY IN THE US I CAN'T WAIT MUCH LONGER

• Thumbs Up 2

The movie looks good, but I don't like Spidey's costume. Too bad, Amazing Spiderman 2's was awesome.

2 minutes ago, Supt. Gabe said:

Absolutely agreed on the eye part concerning Spider-Man's costume in this incarnation. Really like how they have subtle movement like in some animated adaptations. Reminds me of Deadpool's CG eyes. I also like how the "eyes" look like they are made from the actual fabric of the costume this time, compared to most depictions.

The new costume gets approval from me. Has a lot of nice cosmetic changes that differentiate it from past film depictions of the character.

The eyes are mechanical. You hear the sound when they get smaller.

3 minutes ago, Valentine's Playa Kirito said:

so like

can we skip april

nothing fun happens in april

and

THIS MOVIE COMES OUT IN MAY IN THE US I CAN'T WAIT MUCH LONGER

but if we skip April, we here in the UK will miss it

• Thumbs Up 2

Absolutely adore the new costume for Spidey. The more I look at it, the more I like it. 

Depending on how it animates in the flick it could surpass ASM2.

• Thumbs Up 1