Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

32 minutes ago, Supt. Pikachu said:

but if we skip April, we here in the UK will miss it

32 minutes ago, Supt. Pikachu said:

but if we skip April, we here in the UK will miss it

true

Just skip most of April then. XP

Loving Spidey, his costume's a bit plain but otherwise I'm so excited that he's in the movie.

Also:

"I can do this all day."

10/10

• Thumbs Up 1

Being someone who hasn't really been following up on the news of this movie and being intrigued by Spidey's inclusion, I will say this. I liked ASM2's costume, but I also like this new costume. I can understand Marvel didn't want to reuse ASM2's costume and went with something not used before as a means to disassociate ASM Spidey to not confuse moviegoers and non-fans. Basically saying, "this Spidey and the Spidey you recall from Sony's SM movies are not the same person."

But that's just me.

Man, the Russo brothers even brought back the fat spider.

Spoiler

4qYJrEx.png

And I was originally against having animated eyes for Spider-Man since I figured it would just come off as awkward-looking due to the potential of his mask having huge eyes, but I think they actually pulled it off pretty well. Definitely fits better with the more Ditko-inspired mask. 

• Thumbs Up 2

FUCK YES. SPIDER FUCKING MAN IS HERE TO JOIN THE PARTY

Not sure about the costume, looks kind of low quality for me a bit (Looks like the really old original movies) which is a shame because I rather liked the sleek design of the ASM2 costume. That said, I am fucking hyped to see Spidey battle it out. Look like he's on Tony's side as well, seeing as he webbed up Cap's shield.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Wraith said:

spidera8ahq.gif

SO GOOD

C'MON MAY I'MS O READY

That is just awesome! 

Then pretty much most of Marvel's movies are awesome!

My hype has peaked!

I do like the thing they did with Spidey's eyes, allowing him to be more expressive with the mask on. (As well as looking a hell of a lot more like Deadpool)

The rest of the costume... it's nice, I guess. It's no TASM 2 costume, but I'll take it.

44 minutes ago, Valentine's Playa Kirito said:

Also:

"I can do this all day."

10/10

Yep, it's a pretty great callback.

fftfZCP.gif

tumblr_n4jc80uU0E1ri7upfo4_250.gif

Here's a hi-res pic of Spider-Man, by the by.

Captain-America-Civil-War-Spider-Man-Cos

And I wanted to get this obvious joke in before anyone else did:

t9RK27O.png

• Thumbs Up 9

As a massive fan of the wall-crawler, I literally cackled like a madman seeing him in this trailer.

My excitement levels just went up big time.

• Thumbs Up 1

About time marvel showed him. While I prefer ASM's design more, I think this one is nice in its own way. Very slick. Anyway, I'm interested to see this lead into into Infinity War! (Also I'm still deep down hoping for Quicksilver to show up at the end or something lol.)

Anyone think Deadpool and Wolverine could perhaps get the same treatment as Spider-Man and show up in perhaps Infinity War?(making deals with Fox) That'd be so cool, especially if Wolverine gets his classic design.

SHAT. BRICKS. WERE. Soooo awesome, loved the more classic costume and the CG eyes. This worked so great with Deadpool, I'm glad Marvel had the same idea.

Also, CROSSBONES FTW.

• Thumbs Up 1

I literally started jumping up and down in my seat when Spidey showed up. And I love that they're gonna give him animated eyes for this movie. God, May can't come soon enough.

This costume is absolutely perfect. Literally the Ditko era with subtle changes in design!

Practically an Alex Ross painting jumped off the paper!!!

amazing_spider_man_1-1_cover.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

3 hours ago, KHCast said:

Anyone think Deadpool and Wolverine could perhaps get the same treatment as Spider-Man and show up in perhaps Infinity War?(making deals with Fox) That'd be so cool, especially if Wolverine gets his classic design.

Likely not, as cool as it would be. There were factors for why Spidey managed to get in, those being ASM2, and the franchise in general's low opinions, and underperformances, while the X-Men movies/Deadpool have managed to make good profits for Fox, and are generally well received outside of two films. We also have to remember that relations between Sony and Marvel are nowhere near as hostile as Marvel/Fox. Keep in mind that Fox made that awful 2015 Fantastic Four movie just to spite Marvel by now allowing them into the MCU, and on top of that, IIRC, The Fox FF movies were a big contribution as to why Marvel ended up cancelling their Fantastic Four comic.

11 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Wait, they deliberately made the F4 movie shit just to piss marvel off?

No. No company is dumb enough to deliberately pour tons of money into making a shitty movie just to spite someone. F4 was an accident.

26 minutes ago, Wraith said:

No. No company is dumb enough to deliberately pour tons of money into making a shitty movie just to spite someone. F4 was an accident.

Honestly from what I heard what happened was that they were going to lose the rights for the series if they didn't make a movie in a certain period of time, so they just shat whatever movie they could make to keep the rights, yes you could say it was to spite Marvel by not giving them back the rights but also because they still want to make money off the license somehow.

• Thumbs Up 3

33 minutes ago, Wraith said:

That movie was just made so they can keep the rights quality be damned. It was an immediate red flag when the Actress who played Sue Storm wanted to do research for her character and the director told her not to bother.

• Thumbs Up 4

24 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

Honestly from what I heard what happened was that they were going to lose the rights for the series if they didn't make a movie in a certain period of time, so they just shat whatever movie they could make to keep the rights, yes you could say it was to spite Marvel by not giving them back the rights but also because they still want to make money off the license somehow.

18 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

That movie was just made so they can keep the rights quality be damned. It was an immediate red flag when the Actress who played Sue Storm wanted to do research for her character and the director told her not to bother.

That means it wasn't really out of spite. It was a cashgrab. 

Either way, it's Marvel's fault for agreeing to these ridiculous circumstances regarding their characters to begin with. Fox is just playing by the rulebook Marvel wrote.

I'm glad they took the Deadpool approach and tried to animate the eye sockets to give Spidey some emotion like in all the cartoons.

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

That means it wasn't really out of spite. It was a cashgrab. 

Either way, it's Marvel's fault for agreeing to these ridiculous circumstances regarding their characters to begin with. Fox is just playing by the rulebook Marvel wrote.

Being fair with Marvel, that agreement was a LONG time ago, when they had no studio and comic book movies were something rare and pretty risky, one thing is selling the movie rights of a comic book to a studio when superhero movies are not popular at all, other thing is beginning your own studio in the same scenario that produces nothing BUT superhero movies.

That and, from what I've read and heard about Marvel's history anyway, the reason they essentially threw away the film rights to so many of their most popular characters is because they were (literally?) bankrupt at the time. Still, they probably should've seen all this coming, especially when they decided to start making movies on their own.

19 minutes ago, Celestia said:

That and, from what I've read and heard about Marvel's history anyway, the reason they essentially threw away the film rights to so many of their most popular characters is because they were (literally?) bankrupt at the time. Still, they probably should've seen all this coming, especially when they decided to start making movies on their own.

I honestly don't think they were ever expecting to even have their own studio, much less superhero movies being literally the one thing selling like bread for almost a full decade.