Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

Yeah, the film rights thing was a direct consequence of Marvel going bankrupt when the comics industry speculator bubble of the 90s burst.

And I love the new costume, and it's been hinted at from production teases that the animated lens is actually practical effects.

• Thumbs Up 2

36 minutes ago, Candescence said:

Yeah, the film rights thing was a direct consequence of Marvel going bankrupt when the comics industry speculator bubble of the 90s burst.

And I love the new costume, and it's been hinted at from production teases that the animated lens is actually practical effects.

Really? That would explain why the effect of the lens looking so robotic and reallistic when they could've just gone with the Deadpool approach instead. It kind of makes it even better for me just for how much effort it went on giving Spidey his well-deserved debut into the MCU

Not to mention,  there's also the factor of Marvel being owned by Disney,  another corporation that Fox has quite a few rivalry stakes,  if not all-out grudges against. 

14 hours ago, KHCast said:

Anyone think Deadpool and Wolverine could perhaps get the same treatment as Spider-Man and show up in perhaps Infinity War?(making deals with Fox) That'd be so cool, especially if Wolverine gets his classic design.

Deadpool? Most likely not.

Wolverine? More than likely won't happen, but Wolverine is more likely for several reasons:

1.) This is kinda irrelevant but Hugh Jackman expressed interest in portraying Wolverine in Infinity War.

2.) Wolverine is a core member of the Avengers in the comics.

3.) Fox is (supposedly) winding down on Wolverine anyway. An appearance by him to get a core member of the Avengers in Infinity War might not be that big of a deal to them.

Wolverine still probably won't happen either, but I wouldn't put it past Marvel (and Hugh Jackman) to at least try and see if it'd be possible. He probably wouldn't even have a major role in the movie (and they'd have to quickly handwave his backstory) but it'd just be nice for the grand finale of The Avengers.

Deadpool isn't getting anywhere near the MCU, though, since he's possibly got a long life ahead of him after how successful the Deadpool movie is.

Which stinks cause Deadpool mentioned the MCU a few times in the film so that was giving me some hope of possibly seeing him lol. Seeing Ryan Reynolds Deadpool hamming it up and kicking ass with Captain America, and Iron Man while joking with wolverine would be awesome(though now that I think about it, he'd probably have to be watered down...)

12 minutes ago, Supt. Pikachu said:

Yeah, Disney wouldn't let an R-rated Deadpool film happen (or ANY R-rated MCU film for that matter)

There's no point to making R rated movies since that's pretty much what the Netflix series are for.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very excited for CA3, and it's the first MCU film I've managed to avoid spoilers/trailers for (except for

Spoiler

Spiderman

as he was all over Facebook), so you know, that's good.

Here's the Dr. Strange trailer. The visuals live up to the name quite nicely:

• Thumbs Up 4

I like the logo (Though I'd prefer something more akin to the 90s TV show logo), but the title is lame. Now Spidey just needs to get a not-crap costume and we're set!

One: I'm really liking the look of Dr. Strange. Is it me, or does this feel a lot darker than most MCU films?

Two: This logo for Spider-Man is quite the departure from the other logos in the MCU. The name is kinda weird, but I like the cartoony approach with the logo. :P

That's certainly isn't the final logo. I liked the "homecoming" gimmick, but the "Spider-Man" is pretty weird and doesn't fit in with the other Marvel logos, let alone a live action film. Could work for an animated series tho. Despite that, I'm excite as fuck for Civil War aaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

• 4 months later...

I'm not a big fan of barging into a thread about something you're not super interested in and potentially dampening the mood of the big fans of the thing who are congregating in that topic, but I recently finally watched the Avengers, my second Marvel Studios movie ever - Captain America is the other one - and I really feel like talking about my feelings somewhere. I've also watched very few superhero movies period, and sometimes suspect I'm not actually a fan of the genre considering that, out of that few, I haven't really liked very many of them, but it's probably too early to judge that. I also really don't watch very many movies period, if that has any relevance.

I'm not going to lie, Captain America was disappointing to me. It's not that it was bad by any means, it just wasn't as good as I expected, and as a result I couldn't muster a lot of enthusiasm for watching other Marvel films. It didn't help that my sister watched Thor by herself and found it mediocre (our tastes in movies tend to line up fairly well). But the other day, I impulsively decided that I ought to finally watch the Avengers - it felt wrong to write off Marvel Studios completely after one film that wasn't even exactly "bad", and I didn't want to be the one person in my entire generation to not have watched it!

Overall, my opinion of it was definitely positive. In fact, before Loki broke free of his prison, I was actually having a ton of fun...I'm not really sure why I began being somewhat less engaged after that. Unfortunately, at the end of the day, I still sort of feel like this particular type of movie just isn't for me, but I certainly enjoyed myself enough for it to be worthwhile, and I can understand why others love these films. I guess some of the main problems are that it doesn't really feel particularly creative and has little in the way of themes (or a "point" if you will). It's very well-done in pretty much every way, but it's still rather conventional, and I guess "action movies" aren't necessarily my thing. I'm not trying to sound pretentious, or like my tastes are too good for such "lowbrow" stuff, because this is extremely inaccurate - many of the things I love the best are actually very low-quality in many ways. I suppose that action itself doesn't hold much inherent appeal to me except in relatively small doses.

The one thing about the film that I absolutely loved was Bruce Banner. I knew little of the Hulk before and assumed I would hate the dynamic of Bruce and the Hulk, but I was spectacularly and wonderfully wrong. It was just super interesting to see how Bruce and others dealt with this bizarre fact of his existence, Bruce was appealing in every way, and they definitely didn't make me hate the Hulk like I thought would happen. I also loved Tony Stark early on, he was funny and I notice that I tend to like egotistical characters, but for some reason my liking for him wore off a lot over time, maybe because he said a few things here and there that made him seem very unsympathetic. I expected to like Captain America since I like old-fashioned idealism and that sort of thing, but I actually found him to be kind of an unfun killjoy. Thor's personality seemed underdeveloped and his way of speaking is laughable, but his good looks were a small consolation, lol.

I'm not really expecting them to become favorites of mine, but I'll probably watch at least a few more Marvel movies in the future. In fact, because I liked Bruce, I'm going to watch the Incredible Hulk movie soon...too bad the actor isn't the same, but hopefully I'll like this one too.

Kind of a pointless post, but whatever xD

13 minutes ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

I'm not a big fan of barging into a thread about something you're not super interested in and potentially dampening the mood of the big fans of the thing who are congregating in that topic, but I recently finally watched the Avengers, my second Marvel Studios movie ever - Captain America is the other one - and I really feel like talking about my feelings somewhere. I've also watched very few superhero movies period, and sometimes suspect I'm not actually a fan of the genre considering that, out of that few, I haven't really liked very many of them, but it's probably too early to judge that. I also really don't watch very many movies period, if that has any relevance.

I'm not going to lie, Captain America was disappointing to me. It's not that it was bad by any means, it just wasn't as good as I expected, and as a result I couldn't muster a lot of enthusiasm for watching other Marvel films. It didn't help that my sister watched Thor by herself and found it mediocre (our tastes in movies tend to line up fairly well). But the other day, I impulsively decided that I ought to finally watch the Avengers - it felt wrong to write off Marvel Studios completely after one film that wasn't even exactly "bad", and I didn't want to be the one person in my entire generation to not have watched it!

Overall, my opinion of it was definitely positive. In fact, before Loki broke free of his prison, I was actually having a ton of fun...I'm not really sure why I began being somewhat less engaged after that. Unfortunately, at the end of the day, I still sort of feel like this particular type of movie just isn't for me, but I certainly enjoyed myself enough for it to be worthwhile, and I can understand why others love these films. I guess some of the main problems are that it doesn't really feel particularly creative and has little in the way of themes (or a "point" if you will). It's very well-done in pretty much every way, but it's still rather conventional, and I guess "action movies" aren't necessarily my thing. I'm not trying to sound pretentious, or like my tastes are too good for such "lowbrow" stuff, because this is extremely inaccurate - many of the things I love the best are actually very low-quality in many ways. I suppose that action itself doesn't hold much inherent appeal to me except in relatively small doses.

The one thing about the film that I absolutely loved was Bruce Banner. I knew little of the Hulk before and assumed I would hate the dynamic of Bruce and the Hulk, but I was spectacularly and wonderfully wrong. It was just super interesting to see how Bruce and others dealt with this bizarre fact of his existence, Bruce was appealing in every way, and they definitely didn't make me hate the Hulk like I thought would happen. I also loved Tony Stark early on, he was funny and I notice that I tend to like egotistical characters, but for some reason my liking for him wore off a lot over time, maybe because he said a few things here and there that made him seem very unsympathetic. I expected to like Captain America since I like old-fashioned idealism and that sort of thing, but I actually found him to be kind of an unfun killjoy. Thor's personality seemed underdeveloped and his way of speaking is laughable, but his good looks were a small consolation, lol.

I'm not really expecting them to become favorites of mine, but I'll probably watch at least a few more Marvel movies in the future. In fact, because I liked Bruce, I'm going to watch the Incredible Hulk movie soon...too bad the actor isn't the same, but hopefully I'll like this one too.

Kind of a pointless post, but whatever xD

I highly, highly recommend you give the second Cap film, The Winter Soldier, a watch. I don't hate the first one, but the second one is a huge step up and solidified a lot of people's love for the character. The Avengers movies also come under fire for over-exaggerating the characters's personalities for the sake of jokes or to get a fight scene going or whatever, so just keep that in mind. I find them fun, but they're probably the most shallow thing in this series that isn't deep to begin with. Both Captain America and Tony Stark are much better characters in their own films.

But yeah, I'd say give Winter Soldier a watch. If you don't like that, then I'd say let the series go.

• Thumbs Up 1

Civil War I'd say hit that sweet spot between plot and execution imo. There was enough going on to keep you invested story wise, and the conflict felt justifiable, and it still had humor, and tons of action. Hopefully Infinity War follows that style of plot execution.

• 3 weeks later...

Following up on my love of Bruce Banner in the Avengers, I decided to give the MCU Incredible Hulk film a try and I honestly really, really liked it. It seemed to do a better job than the two other Marvel movies I watched at really getting you to connect with the characters' emotional states and struggles and making you feel for them, and I feel like it did that with a degree of subtlety, which I love. Overall, it just had a lot of storytelling finesse and a ton of intensity. In all honesty, it just makes me super interested in the character (Bruce and the Hulk) and want to know where he goes from here. He's just an awesome character in so many ways, I may have to become a bona fide Hulk fan :P

I'm just curious, and might as well ask since this is the MCU thread after all, does anyone know if there's any chance of another Hulk-specific movie happening at any point?

5 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Following up on my love of Bruce Banner in the Avengers, I decided to give the MCU Incredible Hulk film a try and I honestly really, really liked it. It seemed to do a better job than the two other Marvel movies I watched at really getting you to connect with the characters' emotional states and struggles and making you feel for them, and I feel like it did that with a degree of subtlety, which I love. Overall, it just had a lot of storytelling finesse and a ton of intensity. In all honesty, it just makes me super interested in the character (Bruce and the Hulk) and want to know where he goes from here. He's just an awesome character in so many ways, I may have to become a bona fide Hulk fan :P

I'm just curious, and might as well ask since this is the MCU thread after all, does anyone know if there's any chance of another Hulk-specific movie happening at any point?

Well there might be a chance in Phase 4, what with that all being up in the air at the moment. If you want the next big Hulk film though, see Thor Ragnarok next year. Meant to be a Thor/Hulk buddy film.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hulk solo is a problem not only because Marvel are worried about how to approach it, but because if it's Hulk on his own Universal have to be involved atm and Disney don't want that.

• Thumbs Up 2

So, I read a rumor, and I thought I'd mention it here.

There's a rumor floating about that J. Jonah Jameson's gonna be female in the MCU, so what do you guys think about it?

Personally, I'm against it, but not for the reason you think. Rather, I'm against any actor playing Jonah, male or female, and it's because I just think J.K Simmons just completely nailed the role so well in the Raimi trilogy. I just legitimately don't think no one can capture the same level of comedy that J.K Simmons managed to do for the character. If Jonah was to come back in any movie, I'd want them to make a serious effort in trying to get Simmons back for the role, because he just nailed it so damn well. 

But I didn't just come with rumors, we have something with actual evidence! Hooray! Homecoming might be having a scene with some of the Avengers, as this picture leaked:

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...