Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Doctor Strange and it was freaking awesome. True, we have seen this story before in other movies, but this movie tells it in its own unique and(dare I say it) strange way. The visuals fully realize the vision of the source material(Best Effects Oscar, NOW!), the acting is top notch, the writing is witty and Giacchino's music is great as always. There's also never a dull moment, as it moves at a brisk pace.

Marvel proves itself once again superior to DC thanks to the simple fact that they understand their source material and know how to portray it to both fans and newcomers in an entertaining way.

Michael Giacchino will score the upcoming Spider-Man Homecoming.

I'm pretty positive that it'll turn out better than 90% of Hans Zimmer's stuff in ASM2.

Since no one else has posted this here

First trailer for Homecoming is up!

Humor is on point for Spidey

• Thumbs Up 1

Good lord, that trailer is good.

Like seriously, I liked ASM and ASM2 because of how well it captured Spidey's snarker, smartass attitude, but this blows it out of the water. Between a proper nerdy Peter, and a Spidey that's got goofy humor mixed with smartass remarks, it looks great, and having Tony Stark in for the ride just makes it even better, considering he's one of my favourite Marvel characters. 

But correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Green Goblin the main villain of this one? Not that I'm disappointed with the Vulture mind, I think it's gonna be great to finally see him in a Spidey movie, it's just I thought they would've went for one of the more well-known Spidey villains to introduce into the MCU in the first outing.

One more thing, but it is it me, or does one or two of the effects look off? 

• Thumbs Up 1

The Green Goblin was never confirmed for the movie, it was always going to be the Vulture, they're either saving the Goblin for a sequel, afraid that it's too soon for another Goblin or trying to wait and see how they can pull it off, considering both attempts were... Off, design wise.

They're probably starting with Vulture because he's an "easy" one for Peter, at least on the comics. Truth be told though, the new suit is pretty menacing. This movie also has Shocker as a secondary villain.

I bet they're saving the Green Globin for last (it's gonna be a trilogy). Or they might not even, and use someone else like Mysterio or Kraven instead, who are also very popular. Maybe even Scorpion and Rhino for the second movie.

Honestly, I think Doc Ock would've been the best one to go with for this because he can work as not only a rival in strength and skill for Spidey, but also as a rival on an intellectual level for both Tony Stark and Peter Parker. 

I'd rather see a villain we haven't seen before, and I'd rather it be a minor one like The Vulture so it can focus on being Peter's story. This is fine.

11 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I'd rather see a villain we haven't seen before, and I'd rather it be a minor one like The Vulture so it can focus on being Peter's story. This is fine.

No, it is fine, don't get me wrong. But for a potential sequel, I think Doc Ock would be the best one to bring in, because he can give both Peter and Tony a run for their money, and might actually be one of the few interesting MCU villains since Loki.

Just now, Ryannumber1Santa said:

No, it is fine, don't get me wrong. But for a potential sequel, I think Doc Ock would be the best one to bring in, because he can give both Peter and Tony a run for their money, and might actually be one of the few interesting MCU villains since Loki.

Any of the Spider-man villains have the potential to be interesting, and most of them are smart enough. I'd rather see something we haven't seen on screen before over any retreads. Kraven or Mysterio for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's the international trailer of Homecoming, which has a little more footage, including a small look at Shocker.

The trailer was good, but I do have some problems.

1. Still hate the costume. Bringing the armpit webbing is cool, but other than that the costume is awful.

2. I hope the Iron Man scene is the end of the movie where we see Spider Man just doing his thing, because I don't want Iron Man getting involved with fighting. Stark being there in a mentor role is fine, though.

3. I don't like Harry being replaced with some random kid. I'd rather have him around so they could build Peter and his relationship before he goes bad. I don't want them to do something like Amazing Spiderman 2 again where they were friends as kids, but he's been gone for a while.

I like that Vulture is the bad guy. Hopefully he's a good villain.

• 3 months later...

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/marvel_s_iron_fist/s01

So yeah, Iron Fist (Marvel's latest Netflix show) is doing quite badly with critics, who (let's ignore the whole race controversy for a moment) criticized the flat characters, dull story and poor fight scenes.

It's the first MCU-related anything to get a flat-out bad critical reception (by that it's the first to get a Rotten rating on RT).

And considering the showrunner (Scott Buck of later seasons of Dexter) is handling the Defenders mini-series... oh boy.

• 4 weeks later...

GUYS. THOR RAGNAROK TEASER DROPPED. IT LOOKS LIKE A NORDIC GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY:

• Thumbs Up 8

That looked sick. I love how they're keeping the Thor/Hulk rivalry alive, even though Thor's seemingly moved past it and Hulk just wants to keep bringing it back. 

Wow, they actually managed to insert a Marvel trailer joke line that didn't make me cringe, and in a Thor movie of all places. Color me impressed.

Hela's design is spot on, down to the comic book appearance (to be fair, her costume is relatively safe, horns aside), but i wonder how much screentime will be dedicated on the fall and recover of Asgard and how much on the alien planet where the Planet Hulk homage takes place.

Not that it looks bad but man does it scream "we want the guardians of the galaxy audience"

I love how absolutely giddy Thor was to fight Hulk.

And yea, this is basically Guardians of the Galaxy: Thor Edition.

Saw that new trailer earlier and really liked it. I'm totally looking forward to seeing Thor: Ragnarok and can't wait to see that Thor vs. Hulk fight.

Looks fun and colorful, good thing Marvel is learning to loose that fear of adding the weird ass characters (as they were in the comics) into the movies. The comics where weird AF, especially the intergalactical ones (hoping for Adam Warlock in Infinite Wars), but it's part of their charm.

I just don't know why they are going this road with Thor RAGNAROK, which is one of the darkest Thor arcs lol

Actually, I do know, the sucess of GotG, but yeah. Thor vs Hulk could be cool :V

• Thumbs Up 1

Josh Brolin has been cast to play Cable in Deadpool 2. The actor who plays Thanos in the MCU movies! 

One's most definetly gonna be about Infinity War, how Thanos is still getting towards Earth and how the Guardians will meet the Earth's heroes.

One will probably be about Carol Denvers (Miss Marvel/Captain Marvel) since her powers are tied to the Krees and her stories are partially space-themed.

No idea on the others: maybe a suprirse teaser for a Nova movie? Another Howard the Duck cameo?