Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

I'm looking at two particular parts of that article. First one:

Four of these will play during the closing credits, with one final scene reserved for the very end. The scenes are said to be mostly fun, while a couple point toward future scenarios.

I'd imagine that one of these "future scenario" scenes is definitely for Infinity War, while the other is most likely either to tease the third Guardians movie in some way, or something related to Captain Marvel's upcoming film, as Teoskaven suggested. As for the more "fun" ones, they'll probably just be like the Baby Groot dance and Howard the Duck's cameo from the first film.

The other part that caught my eye was this:

Gunn's upcoming sequel will not only sport the most post-credit scenes of any Marvel movie to date, but, according to the director, will also boast the "biggest visual effect of all time".

Any guesses as to what this may be?

Okay guys, one of the most important things about Guardians of the Galaxy 2 has been announced...the tracklist for Awesome Mix vol 2.

ELO – ‘Mr. Blue Sky’
Sweet – ‘Fox on the Run’
Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah – ‘Lake Shore Drive’
Fleetwood Mac – ‘The Chain’
Sam Cooke – ‘Bring it On Home to Me’
Glen Campbell – ‘Southern Nights’
George Harrison – ‘My Sweet Lord’
Looking Glass – ‘Brandy You’re a Fine Girl’
Jay and the Americans – ‘Come a Little Bit Closer’
Silver – ‘Wham Bang Shang-A-Lang’
Cheap Trick – ‘Surrender’
Yusuf / Cat Stevens – ‘Father and Son’
Parliament – ‘Flashlight’
The Sneepers featuring David Hasselhoff – ‘Guardians Inferno’

Looks great, look forward to buying it! Surprised David Bowie isn't on here

Out of nowhere, we have the first trailer for Cloak & Dagger:

In case you're wondering, yes, this is also canon in the MCU.

Not sure what to think of what i've seen so far, honestly.

3 hours ago, Teoskaven said:

Out of nowhere, we have the first trailer for Cloak & Dagger:

In case you're wondering, yes, this is also canon in the MCU.

Not sure what to think of what i've seen so far, honestly.

And by canon, you mean the movies will never acknowledge it, but the show will mention "The Incident" or "New York". =P

The show looks alright. I only know Cloak & Dagger from the Mile Morales comics, but I've found them pretty boring.

• 2 weeks later...

So I saw Guardians Vol. 2 last friday. Honestly? I think the original is better. But it's a good movie. Awesome opening scene. Weak and predictable plot. One Deus Ex Machina moment. Great music. Great visuals. Funny jokes. The after credits scenes are great.

We have the first trailer for the Defenders series:

Looks promising enough, maybe Iron Fist can redeem himself here.
Although the real favor to ask would be some aknowledgment of the rest of the MCU: if you put New York in danger again, show Tony Stark at end searching for these people or something.

I believe Marvel already said that the TV Universe won't meet the Movie Universe (save for little easter eggs and name mention)... Both do co-exist, but you won't see Netflix's Daredevil encounter Sony's/Marvel Spiderman, at least not anytime soon :(

As for the trailer, fuck me! Looks good. And as usual, a corridor fight scene! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm cautious about Defenders. I'm hoping for the best but I can't commit to believing that given how Marvel's batting average is for me on the Netfli shows. There are some parts of the trailer I liked but I really hope it has a better idea of what to do with these characters as a team than just being a greatest hits of their TV shows but with 4 of them there now. The hallway fight looks like just such a fundamentally bad idea that doesn't work with the 4 of them there.

Be nice if I could get a win with Defenders though. It's some of my favourite characters and I'm kinda having a bad time of it with super hero TV shows. Daredevil and Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. are pretty much the only ones I'm positive about at this point and I've tried all the current Marvel/DC shows.

I saw Volume Two the other day with a friend, and I'm glad we got around to it! Personally, coming out of the theater, I enjoyed it more than the first. I felt more emotionally engaged this time around. In the end, I cared more about the characters here than the first. But then again, that film was merely an introduction to the Guardians themselves. Regarding character development, I feel like Volume Two took the right route and expanded upon everything from Volume One. I love what they did Nebula here. It would come as no surprise to me if she were to die in Infinity War, but I was happy to see how her character came around in the sequel.

Honestly, I was a tad worried coming in that the film's humor would feel too forced or inappropriate, but thankfully, I didn't really reach that conclusion. It was often times surprisingly restrained. In the end, I can't recall the last time I got suckered into an MCU movie on such an emotional level. 

If you ask me, Ego was one of the better MCU villains, too. In fact, now that I think about it, I'm sure I'd rank this up in my top five favorite MCU movies. I'm not sure where it would fall, but in my estimation, it's not far from Winter Soldier or Civil War in terms of quality. That isn't to say the movie is without flaws, but nevertheless, it was a very satisfying experience. ^_^ 

• Thumbs Up 1

Meanwhile, in the development of the Spidey film that isn't destined to be hot garbage:

oh my God yes

• Thumbs Up 5

Tom Hardy Venom NOT as Flash Thompson... man what's the fucking point?!

Because Flash is in Homecoming.

20 hours ago, Pawn said:

Didn't see that coming. Holy shit.

So, wait, is Sony still trying to push its own Spidey shared movie series despite the agreement with Marvel Studios?

4 hours ago, Jango said:

Because Flash is in Homecoming.

And Barry Allen can be found weekdays on the CW.

The first Guardians is the only MCU entry I genuinely care about, so I was pretty excited for Vol. 2. It was alright; the self-aware humor got a little too cringy at times and the plot is nowhere near as fun as the first movie's, but it could have been worse and I enjoyed it enough to not let its flaws distract me too much until after the fact. I thought the best part about the movie was Ego, and I was also happy to hear how the Fleetwood Mac song was used in it.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the teaser for Black Panther 

And here's the poster 

DB408DFXsAERNDE.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Official first trailer for Inhumans.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/23/2017 at 10:01 AM, Josh said:

Thor-Ragnarok-2-1-600x888.jpg

That's a ridiculously cool and aesthetically pleasing poster. Those colors and that composition, man.

• The title was changed to Marvel Cinematic Universe | Thor: Ragnarok | November 3rd, 2017

Finally saw Spider-Man Homecoming a few days ago and man, I loved it. Genuinely think it could be my favourite Spidey movie to date, or at least on par with Spider-Man 2 for me. Loved a lot of the humour in the film, and one thing that surprisingly made me happy was the style too. A lot of it, especially the credits is in a similar stylistic choice like the new Thor movie and I thought it really helped the movie stick out in terms of the other MCU films.

Random spoiler thoughts...

Spoiler

-I love the sound design in the film. Odd thing to mention, but for someone who took a movie making class for two years, I really thought the use of sound was expertly done here. Small things like the portion at the Homecoming dance, where Vulture figures out Peter's identity and threatens his life and everyone he loves. It's incredibly well done how the scene has a constantly foreboding and tense soundtrack which only increases as Peter makes his way to the doors to the school only for it to shift straight into the Homecoming music. Another example is after the Stark Jet explosion on the beach, and it's just constantly ringing until Vulture directly attacks Spidey, bringing it straight back into sound. It's incredibly well done.

-The twist with the Vulture being the father of Liz. It's well done how they foreshadow it through visuals, such as having the Vulture's gang watching what's happening in DC, and it stops directly on Liz and her mother as Vulture looks at the screen right before cutting to the actual aftermath of the scene. It's really clever how they manage to hide the twist right in a transition. When it actually is revealed, the entire scene just ended up really tense as you began wondering if he's gonna figure something out. You're constantly waiting for something bad to happen while in this relatively simple situation. It's also really cool how Vulture managed to piece together everything from Liz's normal conversations about Spider-Man.

-I surprisingly liked Ned in this a lot more than I was expecting. In fact, I ended up liking a lot of characters in this movie. Including Vulture, who's up there with Ultron and Loki as my favourite MCU villains. A lot more sympathetic and memorable than a lot of these villains.

Not really a spoiler but one thing I'm getting annoyed about with criticism to this movie is how people keep getting annoyed and angry over the fact it doesn't retread the backstory of Spider-Man...and I'm just sitting here wondering why this is a criticism. Because not only was Amazing Spider-Man being criticised and I quote "A copy of the origin story we got in 2001, come on guys, give us something new!" but considering the origins of Spider-Man have been retold numerous times in many different mediums including movies, TV, Games, comics, and more, I just can't take this criticism seriously. Like people are using it as a genuine way to claim this Spidey as a character is bad, and I'm just thinking "You know, at this point, does it not go without saying why he does what he does? He even alluded to it in a previous film". Frankly, I saw it as a refreshing change of pace not to have to go through this origin story again.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 29/07/2017 at 0:04 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Not really a spoiler but one thing I'm getting annoyed about with criticism to this movie is how people keep getting annoyed and angry over the fact it doesn't retread the backstory of Spider-Man...and I'm just sitting here wondering why this is a criticism. Because not only was Amazing Spider-Man being criticised and I quote "A copy of the origin story we got in 2001, come on guys, give us something new!" but considering the origins of Spider-Man have been retold numerous times in many different mediums including movies, TV, Games, comics, and more, I just can't take this criticism seriously. Like people are using it as a genuine way to claim this Spidey as a character is bad, and I'm just thinking "You know, at this point, does it not go without saying why he does what he does? He even alluded to it in a previous film". Frankly, I saw it as a refreshing change of pace not to have to go through this origin story again.

I completely agree, however, there's a small detail in that I can see where SOME people are coming from, in that, unlike the other movies, it's not just Uncle Ben's death that was removed, but also the tragedy of Uncle Ben's death, as it seems like everyone has moved on from it, HOWEVER, it's also been over a year since Peter got his powers, which was around when Ben died, meaning they had a lot of time to mourn and move on. I get that it's a big arc for Peter and also a big part of his character, however I wouldn't go as far as to say Peter ''has no arc'' unlike some people have been saying. He clearly has a pretty important development in this movie, one that pretty much sets him apart from all the heroes in the MCU so far. BUUUT another good point is how vague they left the entire thing, in any other Spiderman movie, we'd be ok with that, however, Homecoming makes some changes and plays with the mythos of Spidey to fit the MCU, so we don't really have any ''ground'' to stand when it comes to Uncle Ben's death, as far as we know, it played completely differently from the original story, heck as far as we know he died at one of the many incidents of the MCU.

Once again, I particularly have no problem, but I can understand some of the points made about it.

In one hand, I am happy they didn't show Peter getting bitten and gaining his powers. But Uncle Ben's death is... Something vital to his story, it shaped him. And for the casual audience, it might've been good if there was a single flashback showing Uncle Ben dying to give some context for people who have no idea what Spider-Man's story is. 

I mean, anyone that has the SLIGHTEST grasp of internet use knows about Spider-Man's origins by now, but the casual market is a heavy hitter for stuff like this. 

To be fair, Uncle Ben's death at this point is almost basic common knowledge, it's the same as the death of Batman's parents.

Which is why I don't mind the approach Dawn of Justice had with it, it wasn't a flashback, it wasn't a long scene or a central point of the story, it was a quick scene at the opening credits that basically says ''yeah this still happened'', no dialogue, no build up, no before or after, just a quick ''here's all you need to know''. I wouldn't mind them doing something similar here.