Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

On 7/29/2017 at 10:04 AM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Not really a spoiler but one thing I'm getting annoyed about with criticism to this movie is how people keep getting annoyed and angry over the fact it doesn't retread the backstory of Spider-Man...and I'm just sitting here wondering why this is a criticism. Because not only was Amazing Spider-Man being criticised and I quote "A copy of the origin story we got in 2001, come on guys, give us something new!" but considering the origins of Spider-Man have been retold numerous times in many different mediums including movies, TV, Games, comics, and more, I just can't take this criticism seriously. Like people are using it as a genuine way to claim this Spidey as a character is bad, and I'm just thinking "You know, at this point, does it not go without saying why he does what he does? He even alluded to it in a previous film". Frankly, I saw it as a refreshing change of pace not to have to go through this origin story again.

Imagine if Captain America, Iron Man, Dr Strange, whoever, had been just brought in without the struggle that shaped their drive as a hero. That's Spider-Man in this movie. 

It's one thing to not spend an hour setting up the Uncle Ben plot, but it's not even alluded to in the movie at all aside from a throwaway line about what "Aunt May's been through lately" from Peter. It gives the sense that the only thing driving his character is leaving a good impression on Tony Stark which, to be honest, sucks as a motivation because of how selfish it ultimately is. 

Maybe the point of the movie was that Peter was supposed to learn to be better, but he doesn't actually really learn his lesson at any point. The movie revolves around getting Tony's approval. The climax doesn't even have any lives at risk and is Peter fighting over Tony Stark's gear.  Peter as a character now feels kind of like a hallow fanboy at the core with the way they framed this movie. 

The movie is at it's best when the Stark stuff is on the back burner. The Washington monument scene with Peter struggling and making some desperate plays to save his friends is the high point of the movie. The high school stuff works too! But Peter as a character doesn't really work for me in this because it feels like something was seriously missing, and in their effort to not "retread" what came before they ended up missing some key pieces of the character. 

The movie is fine, but Spider-Man has been done much better, and this is one big reason why.

• Thumbs Up 2

Soo.... we got our first real impressions on the Inhumans pilot, and spoiler it's about as great as you thought it would be:

There was a lot of hope for this pilot and it did not live up to expectations. Not even a strong cast could breath life into the cringe worthy script they were given. There are some decent moments, but they are few and far between. For the most part this is a big miss for Marvel. There is still hope subsequent episodes can save the series, but the pilot is massively disappointing. (Aimee Hicks | 8/4/2017)

Simply awful. I'm so disappointed since I generally love everything Marvel does. But this is absolutely terrible. The dialogue is atrocious. The fight sequences are shockingly choreographed. The sets (or more-so the obvious green-screen) aren't that crash hot either. It's only saving grace is Lockjaw who is adorable. As one of the few people that actually liked Iron Fist, I can easily say that this is Scott Buck's worst work yet. (Tyler | 8/3/2017)

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/05/spoilertv-201718-pilot-shows-reviews.html

Spoiler

image.png.b9ceafa3136419b152165e47b4cc1613.png

They tried to replace the X-men for this shit... Fuck Perlmutter

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New Black Panther trailer and I rarely ever show this much hype for things like this but yeah it's going to be lit my people

• Nice Smile 2

Ooooh, yes. It's a been a while since I've felt hype for a Marvel film. I'm a little disappointed that the villain is a reflection of the hero in typical origin story fashion, though.

Looks amazing but yea the copied suit fight idea is eh. Least klaws in it. Also been chuckling at some thinking he's based and named after that group with same name

I hope they make a updated helmet for my cosplay

• 3 weeks later...

I still stand by my stance of the X-Men being fine where they are at Fox. But the Fantastic Four need to go back to Marvel. IMMEDIATELY.

• Nice Smile 1

Marvel Studios needs to leave X-Men the fuck alone. At least Fox is willing to do something different and interesting with their own films.

• Nice Smile 1

I'd rather Fox and Disney swallow their pride and do a collab like Sony did but with one of the X-men or a minor X team. But I do agree with Johnny Boy, the F4 need to go back, Fox has had plenty of chances and screwed up royally on all of them.

On 6/11/2017 at 9:57 PM, Johnny Boy said:

I still stand by my stance of the X-Men being fine where they are at Fox. But the Fantastic Four need to go back to Marvel. IMMEDIATELY.

This. It may be a bit sad that Deadpool has to be confined in a universe without 80% of the Marvel characters, but if it's the price to pay to have good Fantastic 4 movies i'm willing to pay open-armed.

Bugger cinema I want Marvel to stop pretending anything F4 related doesn't exist!!

(Though it would really suck to see FoX-Men get gutted and plugged into the MCU formula, especially if it stops me getting an amazing X-23 film).

But Fox are making really good films with the X-Men brand, and I'm not sure I want it to end...

Besides, trying to cram in the X-Men into the already stuffed MCU will be a nightmare.

Overall I'm conflicted in how I feel about Netflix Punisher. Other than Daredevil I'm not really a fan of Netflix Marvel, which is a shame because they're some of my favourite characters from the comics but the execution just isn't there. With Punisher while I have my issues overall I liked it and thought it was decent for what it was.

It gets away from the character for me and I do hate the ways it's plugging into that same Netflix formula they keep recycling across each show. But the parts of it that worked for me, such as Bernthal in the role and the Frank and Lieberman dynamic were enough to keep me overall positive with the show despite my grievances. I still would like to see these Marvel Netflix shows get shorter by around 3 episodes and start catering the shows to the characters instead of bending the characters to the formula, but I did also feel that Punisher didn't fall into that trap of just dragging excessively at the end at least.

My quick thoughts on Thor 3 (I know, late): it is the best Marvel Movie... that I don't like.

Yes, there are good jokes. Yes, some new characters are really fun (Skurge). Yes, the soundtrack is sooooooo good. But what price?

All the drama is sacrificed on altar of comedy. I could list may examples, but I;ll focus on biggest crime: Loki.

Loki was best MCU villain, no consent. Fun, clever, complex. In this movie he's beyond incompetent, failing in any task he tries (except bringing ship or putting something skull in fire, task anyone could do).

In previous two movies his loyalties and motives were always questionable. In this he's just a trickster. Like a dog that chases the cat, he betrays people because 'that's what he does'. Movie ends with every one forgiving him everything, despite... well everything. Why? Because it's ha-ha comedy, with no place for real conflict. And Loki should never agree becoming good guy. The bitterness, jealousy and daddy issues are the core of the character. Loki is god of lies, he must keep telling himself other people are at blame or he would realize what monster he is.

And last comment on comedy: there is more of it, but not automatically better. Stan Lee cameo wasn't funny, but having Thor screen like little girl is what Sega been doing to Eggman for last few years. And is it me or no one speaks Old English anymore?

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually don't even believe Thor 3 is a good film. It's a shallow comedy of bad jokes to me and I don't understand the praise. Every single joke in the film is telegraphed with a really obvious set up. I find it really hard to laugh at the jokes when I know the punchline before it's coming every single time. If the comedy had surprised me sometimes then maybe I'd have found it funny, but it was just so mindless, simplistic and obvious that it was hard to really take anything from the humour, and the film really had nothing outside of humour except for wildly repurposing characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

How has no one posted this yet? 

INFINITY WAR TRAILER

Spoiler

IRON SPIDER CONFIRMED

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm hyped so hyped. Fuck the justice league, this is the crossover that's getting me to scream!!! I cannot wait for this so fucking much. 

• 1 month later...

Avengers 4 set photos of Brie Larson in costume as Captain Marvel: https://imgur.com/a/owyHp

Spoiler

I don't like the color scheme, which according to some people is the color scheme of the Kree uniforms.

It's weird that she's wearing it. Her own movie is coming out first, so she should have her final costume in that movie already, but here we are with this color scheme. I assume and hope this is only temporary and not some wild departure from the comic colors. Someone on Resetera compared it to BMX gear and I think that fits.

Other than that the costume looks fine. Although the shoes look kind of weird. I wonder if they're platform shoes to make her taller and they will look more normal in the movie?

I also saw a photoshop with the comic colors:

Spoiler

IbXA4TW.jpg

It looks way better to me. 

Also, I'm glad they didn't go with the Conan O'Brien haircut.

I don't mind the colors. That suit is absolutely fucking awesome.

And Brie Larson is amazing ♥

I saw this fancollage and it raised my eyebrow.

fe39dd2cc2c8f71f318cd6a3e75ec7ca--marvel

If the Soul Gem is supposedly in Heimdall's hands as some fans theorize then this is the longest con I've ever seen. Spelling Thanos's name with each of the stone's items is just brilliant.

The Soul Gem is theorized to be in Wakanda, which would explain how the Wakandans speak to the long dead kings of old.

Black-Panther-Trailer-14-1024x432.png

With Black Panther premiering we now have our trailer for Ant Man and the Wasp

Looks rather fun.

It’s only February and already we’ve hit peak sad guys. Granted this is only a vocal minority and it’s not gonna affect things but still, holy crap.

CAA7DCEE-EA7F-4747-8EC2-20CC961D92B4.png

CED67AAD-29D4-4673-B5F4-00C4801687CB.png

• Chuckle 1