Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

25 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Carnage is not in this. This is based on the lethal protector storyline

Spoiler

Yeah just saw various leakers saying that Carnage only appears in a post-credit scene. 

Portrayed by Woody Harrelson.

What the fuck.

• Absolutely 1

Would not surprise me if Carnage is an after credit scene...

Spoiler

trailer more or less confirms there's multiple symbiotes.

5 minutes ago, Blue Wisp said:
  Hide contents

Yeah just saw various leakers saying that Carnage only appears in a post-credit scene. 

What the fuck.

That would make sense AND if they do that than I can see what storylines they are following.  should surprise those not familiar XD

It may look cool but everything else might not be up to par since the screenplay for this movie is the same lady who did 50 Shades of Grey.

5 hours ago, Blue Wisp said:
  Hide contents

What the fuck.

Guess the Venom curse still lives on within Sony.

Okay so the day is finally here. I saw Infinity War this morning. I think it was well worth the wait. Seeing all those characters done in such a great way was amazing (loved Rocket and Thor's time together). It's pretty dark too. If you have ever seen a Marvel movie, see this right now.

Spoiler

Oh all the spoilers! Red Skull returns (not Hugo Weaving though) was a surprise. All the deaths hurt me badly. Groot dying in front of Rocket again upset me, as well as poor Spidey. I know Captain Marvel is coming but I hope it isn't instantly solved because of her.

5 hours ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Okay so the day is finally here. I saw Infinity War this morning. I think it was well worth the wait. Seeing all those characters done in such a great way was amazing (loved Rocket and Thor's time together). It's pretty dark too. If you have ever seen a Marvel movie, see this right now.

Reveal hidden contents

Oh all the spoilers! Red Skull returns (not Hugo Weaving though) was a surprise. All the deaths hurt me badly. Groot dying in front of Rocket again upset me, as well as poor Spidey. I know Captain Marvel is coming but I hope it isn't instantly solved because of her.

Make me wonder which deaths are permanent though. It pains me but I think Loki is really gone this time. Vision as well. But who else. Also Red Skull dropped my jaw. I'll be honest had I gone in only having seen all the Thor movies all these stuff would go over my head. 

I'm speechless. Like you told me I was blown away

Spoiler

I always knew Red Skull wasn’t gone, but still was caught off guard by this! And Groot and Peters death specifically hit hard man...like wow I didn’t cry but definitely felt pain in my chest. Like I know a lot of characters aren’t gone for good, but damn. And all the Guardians but rocket? Pffft, yeah no way they’re gone. But again, fuck. This movie hurt man. And I liked it.

1 hour ago, KHCast said:
  Hide contents

I always knew Red Skull wasn’t gone, but still was caught off guard by this! And Groot and Peters death specifically hit hard man...like wow I didn’t cry but definitely felt pain in my chest. Like I know a lot of characters aren’t gone for good, but damn. And all the Guardians but rocket? Pffft, yeah no way they’re gone. But again, fuck. This movie hurt man. And I liked it.

I'm not lying, I felt a tear come out of my left eye on it's own when Peter was telling Tony he didn't want to die

Spoiler

I’m legitimately surprised and impressed how they were able to weeve that marvel brand humor into a fairly dark and somber story. Granted there actually wasn’t much in the way of humor compared to most films(especially ragnarok, which btw going off that film straight to this is like night and day with the tone), so that helped. Like I’m not even sure I can call this a family film for the kiddies to see given how fucked up it gets damn Disney. I mean even winter soldier and civil war were more light lol 

Also, good grief its surreal to see a place I know in an Avengers movie. Watching that action scene and I'm thinking "Hey, Edinburgh Train Station! I think I know that spot!"

Spoiler

So is it safe to say the way things ended up going was essentially all on Quill because he has absolutely no control of his feelings, and is essentially a man child? Cause they literally almost had the gauntlet off until star lord punched Thanos.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, KHCast said:
  Hide contents

I’m legitimately surprised and impressed how they were able to weeve that marvel brand humor into a fairly dark and somber story. Granted there actually wasn’t much in the way of humor compared to most films(especially ragnarok, which btw going off that film straight to this is like night and day with the tone), so that helped. Like I’m not even sure I can call this a family film for the kiddies to see given how fucked up it gets damn Disney. I mean even winter soldier and civil war were more light lol 

It is impressive that they maintained that balance throughout, but it didn't feel the least bit fucked up at any point for me. The creatures unleashed on Wakanda almost got there, but they were a lot tamer up close than I initially thought they were and shown only in very quick shots anyway. None of it is stuff that I couldn't imagine in a cartoon like Young Justice (blood aside), for example.

I also found it hard to really be concerned about most of the characters. Loki's death had some impact, since Tom Hiddleston's stated that he's done now (although he could just be reincarnated as someone else in future films) and that may have been too early on to be reversed. As far as erasing half of the cast; none of that feels like it has any lasting consequence. As I said the status updates:

Considering time travel is possible with one of the stones, possessing all of them may allow someone to reset everything. It seems like a lame, obvious way to tie things up but how else are they going to bring those guys back? No way are all those bankable characters staying dead. Dr Strange claimed to only see one possible future where Thanos fails before he later handed over the Time Stone, suggesting that he knew half of the universe had to die before someone brought everybody back. Iron Man may be the one to do it, considering that Strange handed the stone over when Thanos was about to kill him.

Taking Spider-Man and the Guardians out of the picture is sooooo beyond believable, even for a second. I empathised with other characters' despair, for a brief moment but everything moves so fast in these films that it's hard for any feeling to really stay with me.

Speaking of which, does anyone feel that the relationship between Scarlet Witch and Vision needed a tad more development? It feels like DBZ levels of romance in the sense that so much context is skipped. I understand that there's little time to lend to specific characters, but if the bond is important enough to risk half of the universe for, doesn't it warrant some more attention? The same goes for Star-Lord and Gamora. He basically fucked everything in his last moments for a rather weakly developed relationship imo.

I still enjoyed it more than I expected, I want to make that clear, but I just don't find it so easy buy into a lot of the drama in the ensemble films. It just doesn't feel like it's earned, but it obviously has more impact than say Ultron did. And of the course the set-pieces were expertly done; my favourite being when Dr Strange was warping Spider-Man and co at Thanos. There is some very creative storyboarding throughout. Oh, and Thanos was surprisingly well fleshed out for a Marvel film. That was nice. His troupe kind of sucked for the most part, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Spoiler
16 minutes ago, Pawn said:

Speaking of which, does anyone feel that the relationship between Scarlet Witch and Vision needed a tad more development? It feels like DBZ levels of romance in the sense that so much context is skipped. I understand that there's little time to lend to specific characters, but if the bond is important enough to risk half of the universe for, doesn't it warrant some more attention? The same goes for Star-Lord and Gamora. He basically fucked everything in his last moments for a rather weakly developed relationship imo.

You’re saying this after Hulk/Bruce x Black Widow? And honestly Gamora and SL’s relationship I found to be one of the more fleshed out ones regarding marvel relationships.

also I mean fucked up as it a dark ending. There’s no moral learned, or heroic moments here. It’s literally scrapping for a plan out of desperation. Whether or not it’s lasting doesn’t matter, it’s still an overall dark film that throws a lot of the family friendly atmosphere out the window. I mean no shit these characters aren’t done for good, they have films already slated for the next few years. It’s still gut renching for many to see peter panicking for his life. So may not grab children and families as much compared to previous entries in that sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, KHCast said:
  Hide contents

You’re saying this after Hulk/Bruce x Black Widow? And honestly Gamora and SL’s relationship I found to be one of the more fleshed out ones regarding marvel relationships.

also I mean fucked up as it a dark ending. There’s no moral learned, or heroic moments here. It’s literally scrapping for a plan out of desperation. Whether or not it’s lasting doesn’t matter, it’s still an overall dark film that throws a lot of the family friendly atmosphere out the window. I mean no shit these characters aren’t done for good, they have films already slated. It’s still gut renching for many to see peter panicking for his life. So may not grab children and families as much compared to previous entries in that sense.

Poor execution in the past doesn't excuse it now, though? And while Hulk and BW was weird, it didn't really have the same bearing on the story as this. Gamora's character generally is a problem for me, since I don't feel that she's developed enough in any film relative to the rest of the Guardians. She receives some focus here, yes, but it feels too little too late to me.

Having films announced to the public is part of the problem, yes. Why not erase more of the characters without slated films? Why not find another way to amp up the drama? It's not as though there weren't other options on the table. As everyone knows, they've done it this way so the main Avengers can step up for their last hurrah and maybe there will be lasting consequences for them in the next film, but as of now the events just felt too shallow and too fast for any sense of gravity to settle in. That's why I don't find it all that dark, even if Spider-Man's pleas were very realistic. I also heard some skepticism from (what I assume to be) more casual fans of the characters, with comments like "but the wizard and Spider-Man's too new right?" and "Thor's brother's probably not even dead". I'm sure parents will see thing differently in regards to their children, of course. However, ultimately, I am just speaking from my own perspective. The film is still good and I do believe it was somewhat ballsy to leave the story like this for a year or so. And I'm happy it works for a lot of people.

Just got home from seeing Infinity War and wow, that was one heck of a movie. Without giving away spoilers, I would have to say this movie has some of the best action scenes in the MCU. And yes, I'm willing to say that one in particular is better than the Civil War airport port battle .  I'm really hoping future mcu movies can take some influence from these scenes to create some really over the top and imaginative set pieces in future films instead of two guys with similar powers punching each other in the face  90% of the time while the background goes boom.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Pawn said:

Hide contents

Poor execution in the past doesn't excuse it now, though? And while Hulk and BW was weird, it didn't really have the same bearing on the story as this. Gamora's character generally is a problem for me, since I don't feel that she's developed enough in any film relative to the rest of the Guardians. She receives some focus here, yes, but it feels too little too late to me.

Having films announced to the public is part of the problem, yes. Why not erase more of the characters without slated films? Why not find another way to amp up the drama? It's not as though there weren't other options on the table. As everyone knows, they've done it this way so the main Avengers can step up for their last hurrah and maybe there will be lasting consequences for them in the next film, but as of now the events just felt too shallow and too fast for any sense of gravity to settle in. That's why I don't find it all that dark, even if Spider-Man's pleas were very realistic. I also heard some skepticism from (what I assume to be) more casual fans of the characters, with comments like "but the wizard and Spider-Man's too new right?" and "Thor's brother's probably not even dead". I'm sure parents will see thing differently in regards to their children, of course. However, ultimately, I am just speaking from my own perspective. The film is still good and I do believe it was somewhat ballsy to leave the story like this for a year or so. And I'm happy it works for a lot of people.

Spoiler

Marvel is the king of resurrection, so this complaint I personally can’t get behind when it’s something most know marvel for. In the comics characters are revived frequently, hell Coulson dying in the first Avengers film I still always find sad despite knowing he’ll be brought back for Agents of Shield.

You can still give emotional gravity to these events and characters even if you’re aware of the character not totally being gone. For me when it comes to Marvel, it’s about the journey, not the destination. Infinity War was a film focused on desperation and underestimating their foes. Thor treats it like it’ll be no different than any other battle faced, and fails, The gravity not hitting everyone at the end that Thanos won, Captain America and the Wakandans don’t even to have a plan anyone can agree on and just end up winging it,etc.. Idk, just didn’t come off shallow to me given the context and goal of the film. 

The fear of those perishing, and the seed of potential hope due to the actions of strange and fury just kinda kept me gripped personally and wondering how they’ll fix this vs being annoyed these characters aren’t permanently gone. For me, IW was the setup, Avengers 4 is the actual battle that will actually mean a damn. And in that, I’m definitely expecting permanent casualties. Likely Rogers or stark.

Thanos’s main objective is obliterating half the universe, so what other option could they do while still retaining Thanos succeeding?

I asked this in the status updates but I may have more input here.

Spoilers for anyone who hasnt seen it.

what did you think of the Black order?

Ebony Maw was an interesting character and while I loved the way he was taken out I kind of felt it way to quick.

And other than Proxima Midnight's rivalry with Black Widow and their final fight with Scarlet witch and Okoye the other two were forgettable to me.

Spoiler

I just realized after watching a video on the ending, that the remaining heroes are the original avengers from 1. Hawkeye is supposedly alive since he’s slated to be in A4, and he likely will show up in Ant man & the Wasp.

speaking of Ant-Man, I don’t doubt the two films coming before Avengers 4, despite their premises seemingly on their surface looking to be irrelevant to the events of IW(Antman 2 taking place between civil war and IW, and Captain Marvel taking place in the90’s), will be pivotal to how things play out in 4. As I like to say, they’re Trojan horse films, meant to throw you off

Spoiler

So, I saw this movie tonight and I gotta say...I gotta go see this movie again.  I usually don't go see movies again but this one was worth the ten years of watching these movies from the very beginning.   I've been a Marvel since I was thirteen years old, so been reading the comics for 20 and watching the movies(if you include X-Men from 2000 though not part of the  same continuity)for 16 even before they became a cinematic universe.  My favorite line--"You should have gone for the head." and boom!--Game Over....Thanos uses the gauntlet for his one purpose and HALF the universe dies.   I'm glad Rocket and Thor survived, they're my favorite characters but did they have to make Groot die before Rocket's eyes again?  That's gonna impact him.  I like seeing Nick Fury again(post credits) but of course they killed him. :/  It makes you wonder who will truly come out of this alive....Tony's worst nightmare has come to pass and now he's gotta do something about correcting this.     Thor's new weapon is badass and reminds of the time he fought Thanos in Thor#25(Vol.2)...he was seeking an alternate means to unleash death on the universe and it wasn't until Odin and a dwarf blacksmith conjured some awesome armaments for him that he won(a shield and belt of power)...Stormbreaker reminds me of that.

Thanos as the defacto Palpatine/Emperor(Star Wars) of this universe earns his place by really murdering the heck out of the Avengers.   Heck, the fight between Dr. Strange and Thanos was the best as it really showed off what Stephen could do with his take on Double Team and his mastery of the mystic arts.  He also has an emotional side to him in adopting little girls to be his daughters.   It really was hard on him to lose Gamora and kill her to obtain the Soul Stone(I was wondering WHY they didn't show it off)...I don't know about you guys, but with the Red Skull there, it felt like Lord of the Rings for a few minutes with the snowy mountain and the cloaked man.   I wonder if he was attempting to make the Scarlet Witch his next "daughter" after taking pity on her, revealing that he'd lost much that day himself.   I loved Thor's part in this movie....he's practically lost his entire civilization and his brother and yet he still has the will to fight on.  I hope we get a Thor vs Thanos Round 2.   I wholly recommend the movie....and despite what the Russo Brothers try to say, this is definitely Part I and whatever the title of the next movie is, it still might  as well be called  Avengers Infinity War Part II because that ending is very much a "To Be Continued!".    

Another fantastic element of the movie that I'd like to bring up is Alan Silvestri's score, this track in particular is so amazing, not putting it in spoiler tags since hearing this out of context doesn't spoil anything, don't go into the comments of the video though:

This track combined with its context is so chilling. One of the most memorable film scenes in recent years. Those who saw it know what I mean.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok, finally got to watch Infinity War. And not gonna lie, avoiding any and all spoilers was the best thing I could've done.

Spoiler

First of all, let me say they sure didn't waste any time with the action in this one, the first scene is a fight, and already involving Thanos and Hulk, which would be the climax in any other movie. It set the tone for the whole movie, Thanos being an absolute monster who you can't beat or bargain with, killing everyone on his path in a brutal fashion.

One of the biggest strenghts is that the movie doesn't attach itself to retelling everyone's story, this is the culmination of all movies until now, if you haven't watched any of them, yeah, it's your own fault. This way, instead of retreading, we see characters moving on, small quick updates on what everyone's up to now, which works very well, honestly, every single actor here did a great performance showing off their bonds with their friends and loved ones, which makes the ending much more impactful.

I also loved every action sequence, they knew how to use these heroes very well, and Thanos' threat felt very real, yet not impossible, as a simple but clever plan was able to almost beat him. I also loved how he uses the Infinity Stones during fights, it was really creative. And speaking of creativity, Tony's Bleeding Edge FINALLY showed up, and it fucking delivered, honestly it was a highlight of the movie for me, all the crazy weapons Tony did, the way he manipulated the armor to fling pieces of it, or heck, even having to give up protection on some limbs to power up others.

I also loved how the movie gave time to explore character interactions or just give them time to breathe.

Thanos also lived up to the hype spectacularly. Every scene he's in you feel worried about the characters, every place he passes by is left in complete ruins, and we have time to explore that destruction, to see just how his mere presence means the end of worlds.

And yet...

It's hard to explain but I love just how HUMAN he felt. He didn't do all that because he wanted to be a god, he didn't do that because he wanted to show off to Death, he didn't even do it because of the scorn his people gave him. He simply realized he saw the bigger picture no one else did, and he wanted to keep the universe safe, killing half of a starving population like you'd euthanize an agonizing patient in his death bed.

He even specifically said he wanted the Infinity Gauntlet NOT because it could make him a god, but because it'd not only speed up the process of his plan, but also bring about a painless death to half the universe, heck, once he does it, he literally has no use for the Gauntlet anymore, flat out going to live isolated from the universe, not as a god, but as a mere mortal living his last days and mourning his loss.

And the ending is brutal, even knowing these characters will come back, the sheer shock of seeing them vanishing is powerful, because we get to see the others react to it, Steve, who sacrificed everything for his friend, just witness him wither away, and Tony, who's biggest fear, the reason he BUILT Ultron, was that of everyone dying right in front of him, being unable to do anything but watch, as they all BEG for him to help. And we get to see that, only instead of Steve, his friend, the one begging at him is Peter, who's for all intents and purposes a son to him. His biggest nightmare became a reality, and he doesn't even KNOW how things ended up on Earth.

This movie was all I wanted and more, the confrontation with Thanos lived up to the hype, and he was redeemed as a threat, now, to wait until next year to see how they'll come back from this. Goddamn I love this franchise.

• Thumbs Up 1

The craziest thing about seeing this movie was how the entire theater was silent outside of the few bouts of humor.

New Ant man trailer tomorrow will supposedly explain where he and the wasp were during Infinity War, potentially confirming the movie will take place, at least a segment of it, during that.

Spoiler

I’m guessing we’ll probably see his daughter disintegrate in front of him in the full film, probably towards the end probably while he’s tucking her in bed or something, only further giving him motivation to fight Thanos. Not gonna lie, if that happens, my hearts gonna explode and I’ll actually cry