Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

Just now, KHCast said:

New Ant man trailer tomorrow will supposedly explain where he and the wasp were during Infinity War, potentially confirming the movie will take place, at least a segment of it, during that.

Hide contents

I’m guessing we’ll probably see his daughter disintegrate in front of him in the full film, probably towards the end probably while he’s tucking her in bed or something, only further giving him motivation to fight Thanos. Not gonna lie, if that happens, my hearts gonna explode and I’ll actually cry 

Spoiler

There are rumors his daughter was recasted for Avengers 4, so she seems to have survived the purge.

2 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:
  Hide contents

There are rumors his daughter was recasted for Avengers 4, so she seems to have survived the purge.

Spoiler

Or she just shows up at the end or something after everyone’s probably brought back

tenor.gif?itemid=5878976

Not once in a single day of my life I would've thought I'd be more excited for a fucking Ant-Man and the Wasp film over the beginning of the end of 10+ years of stories leading up to a grand finale.

But here we are.

This looks fun as fuck.

Ghost already is one of my favourite villains from the MCU besides Ultron. Her powers are so cool and the visual twitches are ungh <3 lovely. 

And Evangeline Lilly as the Wasp aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa fantastic just plain fantastic. 

I love this.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Balding Spider said:

They just uploaded Ant-man & The Wasp trailer

Lawrence Fishburne is in this. For those who don't know,  Fishburne was the Silver Surfer in Fantastic Four 2.

There Marvel go again. Salvaging more actors from previous trash super hero movies. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Sonic Heroes said:

Lawrence Fishburne is in this. For those who don't know,  Fishburne was the Silver Surfer in Fantastic Four 2.

There Marvel go again. Salvaging more actors from previous trash super hero movies. 

You're forgetting he's also Perry in the DCEU, so yeah double that sentiment.

11 minutes ago, pppp said:

You're forgetting he's also Perry in the DCEU, so yeah double that sentiment.

Heh,  imagine Henry Cavill as Captain Britain maybe?

Alright, so just back from watching Black Panther and Infinity War back to back...

aaaaand while I said I'd say my feelings on Thor 3, Black Panther, and GOTG2, which I still will....I just need to talk about this film, because wow.

I didn't think a film like this could be good, honestly. I thought "six years of hype? pfft, right. 'K, whatever". But damn. They pull it off. It's probably tied with Spider-Man Homecoming as my favourite MCU film.

Like, if I had the best comparison piece, I'd say it's Last Jedi done right. It plays with your expectations but instead of giving you a disappointing punch to the face that basically says "This is actually nothing of substance", they instead decide to completely play with your expectations but then go in the opposite direction into something more interesting, shocking, or something else.

I'll likely come back with a better explanation and in-depth review of how I felt about it, but I just had to make it known. I loved this movie, and am absolutely hyped to see where it leads in the grander scope of things.

Side note: Random theories - 

Spoiler

Strange giving Thanos the time stone was part of his plan all along. He mentions only one possibility where they all win and it seems to be when they manage to successfully subdue Thanos and begin getting the gauntlet, but given events, I'd say it's likely that there was no situation it went correctly. Either Mantis always reveals what happens, Starlord gives into his anger and grief of losing another family member, someone he loved on a whole new level (compare it to when Ego reveals what he did in GOTG 2), or something else occurs to interfere. 

Therefore, my friend and I believe that the current situation is the one possibility Strange saw them winning. In that Thanos successfully wipes out the universe like he planned, but they might possibly fix it later and Tony is necessary for that one possibility to happen. That's why he was willing to save Tony's life for the stone - he knew that Thanos would get the stone no matter what and Tony being alive was their only way to reverse it. 

Theory 2 - Hulk related

Spoiler

Smaller thing, but since Hulk is largely unaware of events when Banner is involved, and he didn't see him til the last minute - I think the reason Hulk was refusing to come out was he was mourning Thor, who he believed was killed in the opening. Hulk became friendly enough with Thor to the point he desperately tried to stop him leaving the Grandmaster's planet in Thor Ragnarok, so it's possible he's depressed given the beating from Thanos he received and the fact he believes Thor is dead. 

9 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I'd say it's Lost Jedi done right.

As lost up its own ass as that movie was, it's actually Last Jedi, not that I disagree. :P

Just now, Jovahexeon Sonic Heroes said:

As lost up its own ass as that movie was, it's actually Last Jedi, not that I disagree. :P

Just once. ONCE. Would it be nice that I can remember that.

9 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Side note: Random theories - 

Reveal hidden contents

Strange giving Thanos the time stone was part of his plan all along. He mentions only one possibility where they all win and it seems to be when they manage to successfully subdue Thanos and begin getting the gauntlet, but given events, I'd say it's likely that there was no situation it went correctly. Either Mantis always reveals what happens, Starlord gives into his anger and grief of losing another family member, someone he loved on a whole new level (compare it to when Ego reveals what he did in GOTG 2), or something else occurs to interfere. 

Therefore, my friend and I believe that the current situation is the one possibility Strange saw them winning. In that Thanos successfully wipes out the universe like he planned, but they might possibly fix it later and Tony is necessary for that one possibility to happen. That's why he was willing to save Tony's life for the stone - he knew that Thanos would get the stone no matter what and Tony being alive was their only way to reverse it. 

Tying up to that theory

Spoiler

At the end of the movie, after Thanos performs the fingersnap, the Gauntlet is severely charred and burned, and the left side of Thanos' face and I think even his left arm, have some serious burns, which are shown scarring in his last scene. Maybe Strange realizes that Thanos performing such a big task will either damage the glove or wound and weaken him, and this could be the Avengers' chance to beat him.

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Just once. ONCE. Would it be nice that I can remember that.

Eh, not like the movie deserves it anyway.

There's good reasons for why it's getting passed by Black Panther with box office and positive reception.

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Sonic Heroes said:

Eh, not like the movie deserves it anyway.

There's good reasons for why it's getting passed by Black Panther with box office and positive reception.

Well yes. But Black Panther is also a really good movie in terms of pacing and general plot. 

Beginning was a bit slow for me but I got into it after T'Challa was announced king.

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

But Black Panther is also a really good movie in terms of pacing and general plot. 

True that. That movie was diversity done way better than Last Jedi.

Funny, because Infinity War felt like a better Star Wars film than Episode 8 too, in addition to doing the subversion thing better, like you previously stated.

Right, so, Infinity War.
I have to be completely honest, i was very disappointed by it. Not so much from the movie itself, more like what it implied. But let me get things in order starting with the positives, because i do believe there are some solid positive aspects:

Spoiler

*i feel as if almost any major character got his/her moment to shine in the movie, no real exceptions, and considering the roster size, it's impressive and shows that the movie succeded in handling so many people almost flawlessly
*similar to the GotG movies and Thor Ragnarok but in a different way, this feels like an actual comic book rather than just a movie adaptation; i can actually picture all the major scenes reproduced panel by panel on paper and in a crisis crossover event much similar to the first couple of ones of Marvel, before, you know, they decided that having the heroes fighting each other was more profitable
* i absolutely loved the Black Order; yes, they could have been used a but more and the absence of Supergiant was a bit of a tragedy, but everyone else was fantastic, especially Ebony Maw
*Thanos' motivation of ethnic cleansing is a bit more understandable; i didn't mind his love with Death in the comics, but i can see why they decided to do something else
*cool to see Strange's new spells, including the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak
*Thanos dropping a moon on the heroes in the fight on Titan reminded me a lot his Gauntlet Space hyper combo from Marvel Super Heroes/Marvel vs. Capcom 2, that's a nice touch

And now, onto the negatives:

Spoiler

*so yeah, way to shit all over what Thor Ragnarok tried to accomplish; i don't mind Loki and Heimdall's deaths (although poor Valkyrie, she was dead before even the movie started) but to annihilate all of the asgardian refugees? Why even having that at the end of Thor Ragnarok in the first place then? The Three Warriors had more understandable deaths in the previous movie, and i dind't liked those either. Also, Thor having his characterization (losing Mjolnir and an eye making him similar to Odin) nullified with a joke from Rocket and having instantly a new weapon altogether is the cherry on top.
*by the way, thanks for letting us know that Thanos annihilated Xandar and possibly the entire Nova Corps offscreen since he's having already the power stone by the time he gets on the asgardian's ship
*Bruce Banner is quite possibly the most wasted character in the entire movie, with barely any scenes, unfunny lines  and with almost no contribution at all, it's almost as if the writers/directors actually did not knew what to do with him; also, Hulk with PTSD is major grade bullshit, if he's confronted by something overwelming like Thanos he gets angrier, he does not become a pussy
*Stan Lee's cameo was weak and quite frankly pathetic, both as compared to his previous ones, and as one to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of the project; i'll take the one of Age of Ultron or GotG V2 everyday, thank you very much
*Drax' invisibility joke went way too long
*as soon as Thanos gets the reality stone he should have instantly won as he demonstrates quite detaildly through the movie; the fact he gets voluntarely in trouble by not using that power without a good excuse is quite the plot hole
*Gamora doesn't want to give the location of the soul stone to the point of asking Star-Lord to kill her if necessary, yet when she's captured and spends quite some time alone in a cell before seeing Nebula doesn't even consider suicide by self neck-snapping or other means
*the whole sequence of Thanos getting the souls stone. I'm sorry, this one is really, REALLY just hard to believe; after so many movies where it has been pretty clear that Thanos doesn't really give a shit about other beings unless they're loyal puppy subjects, suddenly he decides he actually loved Gamora as a daughter, making her conveniently enough the perfect sacrifice. Give me a fucking break. My headcanon is that it was just Red Skull pulling an excuse right from his nazi ass because he feared he might have been used as the sacrifice instead
*during the whole fight between Thanos and the gorup on Titan, Strange doesn't even consider using his teleport spells to sever off the arm of Thanos that has the infinity gauntlet, something that was possible as demonstrated before on Black Dwarf
*and now, the meat and potato of the whole thing: the ending. The focus i wanna bring is not so much on how many died, as i went seeing the movie expecting plenty of casualties complete with a death bingo and everything, but on who died, and what it means. By """killing off""" practically only all the new blood that has confirmed upcoming movies and estabilished unresolved plotlines, ESPECIALLY Doctor Strange, the Guardians and Spider-Man, Marvel is pretty much telling us that these deaths are meaningless, these characters will return anyway by the next movie (or there will be a retcon) so they don't have the balls to properly change the status quo (yet, hopefully). If, say, the original Avengers team and characters like Nebula where in their places, this final sequence would have been much more believable. The fact that according to this thread people cried when Spidey turned to ash is baffling to me, the movie was throwing a gigantic middle finger at me poorly disguised with a sad puppy face (wich culminated with the whole "Thanos will return" at the end, way to be smug, movie, keep telling yourself at night). And for a celebration of this project, for a culmination of 10 years of movies,  this is just underwhelming and unexcusable.
*and by the way, thanks for turning this movie into a massive rating's trap, Marvel, by stating clearly months and months that this wasn't a 2-parter anymore when it turns out it actually was, all for the sake of shock value and having more quick bucks both now and next year. Where i live, this is called dishonesty, and i expected better from this studio. They would have got all the money in the world anyway, they did not need to lie like that. This is pretty much the equivalent of the ending of Final Fantasy XIII-2 and the fact that barely anyone is noticing it is jarring.
*the Captain Marvel teaser in the stinger was weak, could have been handled better

I'd still watch this again over Iron Man 3 or Thor: The Dark World, but for what it's supposed to be the movie just failed on me for the most part. And made skeptical again, for the time being, when a new movie will come out, i'll spoil myself the shit out of it and then decide if it's worthy to see on the big screen. The Mouse will have to earn my money for the near future.
At least Deadpool 2 is coming out soon enough to wash away this taste.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is this now the The Last Jedi bashing topic? I'm just wondering since I didn't expect the opinions parroted by other sects of nerd-dom here. 

Infinity War is good to great, for sure. However, claiming that people who are lost have only themselves to blame is elitist horse shit. See, I knew this would come up. This is the Comic Book Event Storyline in Movie Form. This has to be used sparingly and only for truly big things and I'm already kind of worried about how they're going to deal with call backs to this movie given everything that happened in this. 

This isn't a conventional sequel. This is a movie where someone has to know the MCU on a dedicated level. It's not a standalone movie but it's also not your conventional sequel in that you have to have paid attention to movies about other characters and stories and sometimes those stories may not be as good as the one you want to see. 

I sure hope Infinity War is a very occasional thing or I'll start to hate it. I kind of really hope that Ant-Man and the Wasp's connection to Infinity War isn't agonizingly thrust into it. I absolutely want to see nothing about the climax of Infinity War show up in this one unless it's a mid credits/post credits scene. I say this as a dedicated fan who's been here since Iron Man and Hulk in 2008 to see this whole thing come to fruition like this. 

Infinity War is very much the best Avengers movie and tells a great story. But let's not overdo this thing, okay? After Avengers 4, be done with it. Don't agonize over how this changes things, be subtle or natural about this in the storytelling. 

Saw Infinity War last saturday. What a movie.

Best Marvel Cinematic Universe prologue ever. Probably my favorite Marvel movie too.

I like that the movie gives space for every group to shine, all keeping their character, visuals and tone untill they all eventually clash. It's like a bunch of shorts before the final crossover.

Thanos is the best villain, hands down, not simply because he actually completed his plan, but because everything else that lead to it was super well developed. This is Thanos' movie, not the Avengers. In fact, the Avengers didn't assembled in this movie, but they will HAVE TO now, especially because, and we know this is not a coincidence you sly writers, all the original 2012 Avengers didn't vanished... Except Hawkeye, but I suspect he and Ant-man will join the fight in Avengers 4 because their relatives probably did.

Time travel will most likely going to happen, which is a cliché and weak writing/plot device... unless it's Back to the Future :P But who knows, maybe it's well made.

I was shocked by Red Skull's "cameo" tho', I literally shout it in the room: "-Holy shit, it's Red Skull!!!". And shocked by Loki's death too, it was brutal. Nooooot so much by the others. Gamora? Eh...everyone else will return. I think that's on Marvel for revealing all their movies for the next 5 years. Althought Peter's (Tom Holland actually) performance was pretty convincing. It almost got me at the "-I don't wanna die Mr. Stark". All in all, I didn't felt their loss because we know they're not gone for good.

The movie was, as Thanos would say, perfectly balanced. Action, humor and drama at the right measures. I was expecting a lot for this one, my hype was high, and I'm glad to say, it didn't disappointed. Bold. Nice reference to the comics near the end, when we see Thanos as a farmer looking to the horizon. I don't think he will fight in Part 2, but they will have to reverse what he did.

So... Captain Marvel to the rescue? ALSO, I LEGITEMELY LAUGHED OUT LOUD WHEN SAMUEL L. JACKSON'S FAMOUS MOTHERF*CKRER WAS CUT. So good.

21 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

Right, so, Infinity War.
I have to be completely honest, i was very disappointed by it. Not so much from the movie itself, more like what it implied. But let me get things in order starting with the positives, because i do believe there are some solid positive aspects:

Hide contents

*i feel as if almost any major character got his/her moment to shine in the movie, no real exceptions, and considering the roster size, it's impressive and shows that the movie succeded in handling so many people almost flawlessly
*similar to the GotG movies and Thor Ragnarok but in a different way, this feels like an actual comic book rather than just a movie adaptation; i can actually picture all the major scenes reproduced panel by panel on paper and in a crisis crossover event much similar to the first couple of ones of Marvel, before, you know, they decided that having the heroes fighting each other was more profitable
* i absolutely loved the Black Order; yes, they could have been used a but more and the absence of Supergiant was a bit of a tragedy, but everyone else was fantastic, especially Ebony Maw
*Thanos' motivation of ethnic cleansing is a bit more understandable; i didn't mind his love with Death in the comics, but i can see why they decided to do something else
*Thanos dropping a moon on the heroes in the fight on Titan reminded me a lot his Gauntlet Space hyper combo from Marvel Super Heroes/Marvel vs. Capcom 2, that's a nice touch

Hide contents

*so yeah, way to shit all over what Thor Ragnarok tried to accomplish; i don't mind Loki and Heimdall's deaths (although poor Valkyrie, she was dead before even the movie started) but to annihilate all of the asgardian refugees? Why even having that at the end of Thor Ragnarok in the first place then? The Three Warriors had more understandable deaths in the previous movie, and i dind't liked those either. Also, Thor having his characterization (losing Mjolnir and an eye making him similar to Odin) nullified with a joke from Rocket and having instantly a new weapon altogether is the cherry on top.
*by the way, thanks for letting us know that Thanos annihilated Xandar and possibly the entire Nova Corps offscreen since he's having already the power stone by the time he gets on the asgardian's ship
*Bruce Banner is quite possibly the most wasted character in the entire movie, with barely any scenes, unfunny lines  and with almost no contribution at all, it's almost as if the writers/directors actually did not knew what to do with him; also, Hulk with PTSD is major grade bullshit, if he's confronted by something overwelming like Thanos he gets angrier, he does not become a pussy
*Stan Lee's cameo was weak and quite frankly pathetic, both as compared to his previous ones, and as one to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of the project; i'll take the one of Age of Ultron or GotG V2 everyday, thank you very much
*as soon as Thanos gets the reality stone he should have instantly won as he demonstrates quite detaildly through the movie; the fact he gets voluntarely in trouble by not using that power without a good excuse is quite the plot hole
*Gamora doesn't want to give the location of the soul stone to the point of asking Star-Lord to kill her if necessary, yet when she's captured and spends quite some time alone in a cell before seeing Nebula doesn't even consider suicide by self neck-snapping or other means
*the whole sequence of Thanos getting the souls stone. I'm sorry, this one is really, REALLY just hard to believe; after so many movies where it has been pretty clear that Thanos doesn't really give a shit about other beings unless they're loyal puppy subjects, suddenly he decides he actually loved Gamora as a daughter, making her conveniently enough the perfect sacrifice. Give me a fucking break. My headcanon is that it was just Red Skull pulling an excuse right from his nazi ass because he feared he might have been used as the sacrifice instead
*during the whole fight between Thanos and the gorup on Titan, Strange doesn't even consider using his teleport spells to sever off the arm of Thanos that has the infinity gauntlet, something that was possible as demonstrated before on Black Dwarf
*and now, the meat and potato of the whole thing: the ending. The focus i wanna bring is not so much on how many died, as i went seeing the movie expecting plenty of casualties complete with a death bingo and everything, but on who died, and what it means. By """killing off""" practically only all the new blood that has confirmed upcoming movies and estabilished unresolved plotlines, ESPECIALLY Doctor Strange, the Guardians and Spider-Man, Marvel is pretty much telling us that these deaths are meaningless, these characters will return anyway by the next movie (or there will be a retcon) so they don't have the balls to properly change the status quo (yet, hopefully). If, say, the original Avengers team and characters like Nebula where in their places, this final sequence would have been much more believable. The fact that according to this thread people cried when Spidey turned to ash is baffling to me, the movie was throwing a gigantic middle finger at me poorly disguised with a sad puppy face (wich culminated with the whole "Thanos will return" at the end, way to be smug, movie, keep telling yourself at night). And for a celebration of this project, for a culmination of 10 years of movies,  this is just underwhelming and unexcusable.
*and by the way, thanks for turning this movie into a massive rating's trap, Marvel, by stating clearly months and months that this wasn't a 2-parter anymore when it turns out it actually was, all for the sake of shock value and having more quick bucks both now and next year. Where i live, this is called dishonesty, and i expected better from this studio. They would have got all the money in the world anyway, they did not need to lie like that. This is pretty much the equivalent of the ending of Final Fantasy XIII-2 and the fact that barely anyone is noticing it is jarring.
*the Captain Marvel teaser in the stinger was weak, could have been handled better

I'd still watch this again over Iron Man 3 or Thor: The Dark World, but for what it's supposed to be the movie just failed on me for the most part. And made skeptical again, for the time being, when a new movie will come out, i'll spoil myself the shit out of it and then decide if it's worthy to see on the big screen. The Mouse will have to earn my money for the near future.

Thor did say that half of the asgardians were killed. I know it's a far stretch but maybe Loki or Heimdall had a hand in saving the survivors. We wont know for sure unless Valkyrie show up in Avengers 4 or Thor gets another movie after this looking for his people on Earth.

Also was there any reason to have Xandar shown? None of the main characters are on there and it really is wasting time just seeing Thanos going in and plucking the power stone. 

Okay some small Infinity War thoughts because I'm too lazy to write a full review. 

Spoiler

I loved this film so much mainly for one reason.

While the Avengers and company are the heroes of the story, this film? This film wasn't about them. 

This film's protagonist was Thanos. 

Everything surrounded him. The film was The Thanos Movie feat. The Black Order to me, and I absolutely love that because usually the villains are an excuse plot in Marvel films. But here? Here, the villain IS the story. And that's fucking awesome and subverts the whole superhero schlock because the bad guy wins.

But there it kind of falls down for one reason only. 

The heroes dying feels pointless because we know they'll return. Not because the story calls for it, but because we already know they'll return in future films.

And that brings the whole premise of the film down. 

Were it standalone, without any relation to any future film and without any knowledge of what will come, this film would've been fucking amazing mostly because it breaks the mold. But because I know there's an Avengers 4, because I know there's a Guardians 3, because I know there's a Spider-Man 2... 2. 4. 6 FUCKING REBOOTS, all those deaths feel... Pointless. Moot. 

And where's Ant-Man man, what's that weak shit of "Clint and Scott are under house arrest" THE WHOLE WORLD IS ABOUT TO FUCKING DIE WHY THE FUCK DO THEY CARE ABOUT HOUSE ARRESTS. 

Fuck.

The Black Order, god they were fun. Cull Obsidian is my favourite. They're extremely expendable per the norm but expendable doesn't mean they can't be fun. Love me some big brute character archetypes. 

And there's no way, no fucking way, that the Outriders (even if they're from the comics) weren't meant to be weaponized Symbiotes had Sony given full Spider-Man rights back to Marvel. All I could think of during the Wakanda fight was "Yep those are Symbiotes".  

Quick pros and cons: 

Pros: Thanos, Black Order, Thanos again, action scenes, the fucking fingersnap god that was so fucking badass I expect that shit to be a gif once the film goes digital, the visuals, it was such a pretty film. 

And Thanos.

God Thanos is so great. I loved him. They didn't make him outright evil and replaced the "In love with Death" thing for something that is rather more... Generic I guess but still extremely functional. He has emotions. He has feelings. Just amazing. Josh Brolin killed it. 

Cons: WHERE'S MY A N T B O I. Wanda not killing Vision felt stupid and just an excuse to create a final battle situation. The Black Order were fodder and should have been used more. Some characters just... Disappear from the plot for no reason at all. Where's Wong? Where's Valkyrie? Where's my S T O N E B O I K O R G. And why are Nick Fury and Maria Hill relegated to post-credits? Should've at least appeared once in the main film imo. 

Overall really enjoyable. Maybe just for Thanos alone. 

5 minutes ago, Blue Wisp said:

Okay some small Infinity War thoughts because I'm too lazy to write a full review. 

Hide contents

I loved this film so much mainly for one reason.

While the Avengers and company are the heroes of the story, this film? This film wasn't about them. 

This film's protagonist was Thanos. 

Everything surrounded him. The film was The Thanos Movie feat. The Black Order to me, and I absolutely love that because usually the villains are an excuse plot in Marvel films. But here? Here, the villain IS the story. And that's fucking awesome and subverts the whole superhero schlock because the bad guy wins.

But there it kind of falls down for one reason only. 

The heroes dying feels pointless because we know they'll return. Not because the story calls for it, but because we already know they'll return in future films.

And that brings the whole premise of the film down. 

Were it standalone, without any relation to any future film and without any knowledge of what will come, this film would've been fucking amazing mostly because it breaks the mold. But because I know there's an Avengers 4, because I know there's a Guardians 3, because I know there's a Spider-Man 2... 2. 4. 6 FUCKING REBOOTS, all those deaths feel... Pointless. Moot. 

And where's Ant-Man man, what's that weak shit of "Clint and Scott are under house arrest" THE WHOLE WORLD IS ABOUT TO FUCKING DIE WHY THE FUCK DO THEY CARE ABOUT HOUSE ARRESTS. 

Fuck.

The Black Order, god they were fun. Cull Obsidian is my favourite. They're extremely expendable per the norm but expendable doesn't mean they can't be fun. Love me some big brute character archetypes. 

And there's no way, no fucking way, that the Outriders (even if they're from the comics) weren't meant to be weaponized Symbiotes had Sony given full Spider-Man rights back to Marvel. All I could think of during the Wakanda fight was "Yep those are Symbiotes".  

Quick pros and cons: 

Pros: Thanos, Black Order, Thanos again, action scenes, the fucking fingersnap god that was so fucking badass I expect that shit to be a gif once the film goes digital, the visuals, it was such a pretty film. 

And Thanos.

God Thanos is so great. I loved him. They didn't make him outright evil and replaced the "In love with Death" thing for something that is rather more... Generic I guess but still extremely functional. He has emotions. He has feelings. Just amazing. Josh Brolin killed it. 

Cons: WHERE'S MY A N T B O I. Wanda not killing Vision felt stupid and just an excuse to create a final battle situation. The Black Order were fodder and should have been used more. Some characters just... Disappear from the plot for no reason at all. Where's Wong? Where's Valkyrie? Where's my S T O N E B O I K O R G. And why are Nick Fury and Maria Hill relegated to post-credits? Should've at least appeared once in the main film imo. 

Overall really enjoyable. Maybe just for Thanos alone. 

Wong literally went back to the sanctum to protect it after Strange was kidnapped. He served his purpose

1 hour ago, Teoskaven said:

Right, so, Infinity War.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

>Hulk has been shown to have human emotions and a life of his own. He’s very much his own person with the right to be written with having fears. I don’t find it stupid then with that in mind, him not wanting to come out. 

>the stan appearance I found kinda ironicaly hilarious that he doesn’t have a special character this time around, after all the build up

>Gamora isn’t allowed flaws and hypocritical thinking based on feelings, like most of us have? Sure when you may be willing to sacrifice yourself, but that can easily change when loved ones lives are at stake. Lots of stories have this dilemma.

>Strange possibly didn’t think about that in the heat of battle, or after seeing all the possibilities where they fight him, knew there’d be some other way Thanos would still come out on top

>and yeah Xandar being shown I felt would have been pointless, all we needed to know is that he got the stone from there.

>Gamora and Thanos’s Bond has always been complicated, and it’s kinda a twisted love in my eyes Thanos had for her and vice versa. So in that way, I’d believe the love was pure and real. I mean it even caught her off to know he loved her.

>don’t you be talking bad about that Spiderman scene ;_;

i can see where you come from on a lot of this, and agree the film isn’t 100% or anything near that(that Starlord bit I will always find bullshit.) I just personally don't see it that way and don’t consider them game breakers. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

I actually disagree about Xandar being pointless, since I see it as an opportunity to show how strong Thanos was before acquiring the gauntlet and given us a little more perspective. It also would have made for a great action scene, seeing Thanos and the Black Order dismantle the Nova corps.

I can see why it's not in the movie, since nobody really cares about Xandar, it's perfectly reasonable that Thanos could take down the Nova corps without us having to see it so there's no suspension of disbelief, doing two Thanos beating ass scenes back to back when there are 5 in this movie as is is kind of repetitive, and literally the first scene of the movie showing Thor and Hulk being beaten into the ground is such a good hook that I wouldn't be able to resist it myself.

It'd be nice if it was there, but it's really easy to see why it's not imo.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Tails spin said:

Reveal hidden contents

Thor did say that half of the asgardians were killed. I know it's a far stretch but maybe Loki or Heimdall had a hand in saving the survivors. We wont know for sure unless Valkyrie show up in Avengers 4 or Thor gets another movie after this looking for his people on Earth.

Also was there any reason to have Xandar shown? None of the main characters are on there and it really is wasting time just seeing Thanos going in and plucking the power stone. 

Spoiler

I thought Valkyrie was among the casualties at the beginning, and as far as i recall at the end of Thor Ragnarok there was one ship only that they used, and considering it fucking exploded i find hard for half the refugees to have survived that.
About Xandar, just like he did to the asgardians they could have had a literal 1-minute scene of Thanos walking around the destroyed Nova Corps HQ with bodies all over it, snatching the gem from a dying Glenn Close. That's all you need to convey.

Side note - (Thor 3/Infinity War opening spoilers)

Spoiler

IIRC, it was implied in the movie, and flat out confirmed by the directors that Thanos performed his usual half/half situation on the Asguardians. Half of them made it to the space pods to flee while Thanos slaughtered the rest. Valkerie's even confirmed to be among those who managed to escape.

That said, we also don't know how Thanos' final finger snap effected them.

Thanos kicking the ass of Nova Corps offscreen is a miss, I wouldn't have minded that scene because despite the movie's lenght, it didn't really felt like 2 and a half hour. A couple minutes would benefit the story and give EVEN more space for Thanos to show his power. Also, if there's one thing that I found lame was Thor teleporting to Wakanda RIGHT AFTER the new axe was done, the scene simply cut aprubtly. It didn't showed HOW he teleported there. We see the rainbown bean, but AFAK, only Heimdall could do it, right? That was pretty lame. Also, how did Thor knew exactly where to teleport? Especially because we're talking about Wakanda, which is already hidden from sight...