Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

I'm pretty much just in the park of "meeeh" with Captain Marvel. I'm unfamiliar with the character and even at that, while I think it's super-cool that we're seeing the Skrulls and a young Nick Fury, I feel like this is going to have the same problem as Ant-Man and the Wasp pre-release for me. It just feels like loose filler to set up a few details before the Infinity War sequel, and on top of that, acting as a prequel before the MCU itself, well considering the story seemingly involves a Skrull invasion 20 years before the current MCU, it kind of loses a bit of the suspense on what happens.

But honestly, I wish Marvel would've just held off on Infinity War at this rate. I love the movie to death, do not get me wrong, but I feel like their scheduling has forcefully placed Ant-Man and The Wasp, and Captain Marvel in this really awkward position now where we're all eagerly awaiting what happens at the end of the Infinity War arc and these random side stories keep taking place to simply buy time for another year with a small tie-in by the end perhaps. It just leads me to keep feeling relatively underwhelmed for Ant Man, and it appears it's the same for Captain Marvel because I'm too busy waiting for the Infinity War sequel.

Ant Man stuff:

Spoiler

Like especially, as good as the tie-in for IW was for Ant Man and the Wasp...it just feels totally out of place in the larger movie. We have a relatively light-hearted comedy movie where even the bigger consequences is spread in through comedy and antics with the characters...only for a super-dark credits scene where Scott loses all of his team and becomes trapped in the Quantum Realm, with the second finale scene going for some serious Black Comedy with the giant drum playing ant still surviving. Like it's good, but there's serious mood whiplash because of it.

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I'm pretty much just in the park of "meeeh" with Captain Marvel. I'm unfamiliar with the character and even at that, while I think it's super-cool that we're seeing the Skrulls and a young Nick Fury, I feel like this is going to have the same problem as Ant-Man and the Wasp pre-release for me. It just feels like loose filler to set up a few details before the Infinity War sequel, and on top of that, acting as a prequel before the MCU itself, well considering the story seemingly involves a Skrull invasion 20 years before the current MCU, it kind of loses a bit of the suspense on what happens.

But honestly, I wish Marvel would've just held off on Infinity War at this rate. I love the movie to death, do not get me wrong, but I feel like their scheduling has forcefully placed Ant-Man and The Wasp, and Captain Marvel in this really awkward position now where we're all eagerly awaiting what happens at the end of the Infinity War arc and these random side stories keep taking place to simply buy time for another year with a small tie-in by the end perhaps. It just leads me to keep feeling relatively underwhelmed for Ant Man, and it appears it's the same for Captain Marvel because I'm too busy waiting for the Infinity War sequel.

Ant Man stuff:

Reveal hidden contents

Like especially, as good as the tie-in for IW was for Ant Man and the Wasp...it just feels totally out of place in the larger movie. We have a relatively light-hearted comedy movie where even the bigger consequences is spread in through comedy and antics with the characters...only for a super-dark credits scene where Scott loses all of his team and becomes trapped in the Quantum Realm, with the second finale scene going for some serious Black Comedy with the giant drum playing ant still surviving. Like it's good, but there's serious mood whiplash because of it.

I get what your coming from.

Ant man and the wasp ending up being a good movie and I liked Wasp and appreciated Ant man a little bit more. But it was always what happened to Ant Man why wasnt he in IW. 

Same here. It's like where was Captain Marvel all these years. 

Why was something important like the Kree Skrull war never mentioned in the larger MCU before. And I get it. The Skrulls were a thin line with Fox up until recent events. But it kind of feels empty after the Chitauri, Ultron and especially with the threat of Thanos.

While I watched the trailer again. My overall view is the same. I'll see it to see Coulson and Fury's back story as well as where did Carol go but it still kind of feels meh.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah well aside from the fact I don't care.

We've been talking about Venom in this topic from page 36 since nobody bothered to make a topic for the film since it looked so poor so... meh.

Ryan Coogler has been reported to be returning in full for Black Panther 2.

And no, I don't consider this a spoiler. Marvel press and marketing did that already.

• 1 month later...

The trailer was tragic, but it made me excited for this movie more. Here's a theory I have for Avengers: Endgame:

Spoiler

I have a feeling that Thanos might bring back all of the disintegrated heroes as mind-controlled servants to fight back the surviving heroes, similar to what Quan Chi did in MKX. They could have darker clothes, gray skin, and purple glowing eyes as they are mind controlled-slaves.

I can imagine Tony Stark finding Peter Parker/Spider-Man alive somewhere as he and others are searching for Thanos much to his relief, only to be attacked by him as he was brought back as a mind-controlled servant, as Thanos wanted to make some "exceptions" to protect himself.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So in the wake of the new Avengers trailer, which I’ll post here

The official poster is being recalled as there was outrage by black twitter and other outlets due to Danai’s name not being on the top billed list. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwjs4ZGorIbhAhWJ_J4KHTl7CjIQzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fthegrapevine.theroot.com%2Fwtf-marvel-black-twitter-shames-studio-into-putting-da-1833337757&psig=AOvVaw3EHZaynvAzh-CwUPDZwEp2&ust=1552814872278601

You gotta love how they basically spoiled the fact that Tony will make it back to Earth in the second trailer. I mean fair enough, it was something of a foregone conclusion, but come on Marvel, you seriously couldn't have tried to act like Tony might legitimately die up there?

Other random thoughts - Clint is really interesting to me - it looks like with the footage of him with his daughter, it's all but confirmed that he loses his family and goes on a vengeful rampage because of it. 

I'm thinking Cassie is going to survive, but has been forced to adapt to the new world Thanos has now created. With total chaos in the streets, maybe she's trying to become the new Wasp or something? I remember hearing that Cassie would appear in Endgame and she would be a bit older, implying some time has passed since the end of Infinity War, so I could see this happening. Scott's already lost the rest of his team, don't take Cassie on him as well. I would find it really interesting if Cassie's step-father and mother were affected by the snap, which could spark off her attempt to become the next Ant-Man and/or Wasp.

I really hope Ross survived the aftermath. I could see a moment where he comes in person to the Avengers complex, still hell-bent on arresting those who haven't signed up to the accords yet, and will especially be livid with Bruce Banner. I could see a situation where Ross' daughter was killed in the snap, and Ross is blaming Bruce and the other Avengers for not stopping him, only for Bruce, Tony, and Cap to snap back by pointing out they would've stood a much better chance if Ross hadn't divided them in the first place, and he's now too busy going after superheroes instead of trying to deal with the snap's aftermath.

I kind of hope the movie begins from the perspective of Ant-Man. Like, start with the ending of Ant Man and the Wasp, and have Scott escape from the Quantum Realm at long last. He reappears on the rooftop, with all of the equipment still in-tact, although rusted, and worn down a bit, signifying time has passed. Believing that maybe Hank and co were found out by the cops, he leaves to head to the police station, to maybe find out what happened...

...and it leads to the opening of the movie, which is Scott now walking through the aftermath of the Snap awhile later, as shown in the trailer - with posters and such of what happened. I think this would be the perfect cold opening - having the character who had no idea what was happening being forced to see everything for himself head-on. 

10 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Other random thoughts - Clint is really interesting to me - it looks like with the footage of him with his daughter, it's all but confirmed that he loses his family and goes on a vengeful rampage because of it. 

I know everyone assumes it's his daughter, but it isn't confirmed.  Considering it's heavily hinted at that he's becoming Ronin (Only question is if he's changing names), there is a window of opportunity for a certain somebody to take the Hawkeye mantle:

Image result for kate bishop

In an era where many superheroes being replaced even temporarily and/or sharing the mantle, Kate Bishop is heavily loved.  Bishop is considered to be a fan favorite, and it's also interesting that the actresses' role hasn't been revealed yet, especially if it were for a one-off memory of his daughter.  Coincidentally, Kate initially got the role in the comic after Hawkeye became Ronin.

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

You gotta love how they basically spoiled the fact that Tony will make it back to Earth in the second trailer. I mean fair enough, it was something of a foregone conclusion, but come on Marvel, you seriously couldn't have tried to act like Tony might legitimately die up there?

I'm thinking Cassie is going to survive, but has been forced to adapt to the new world Thanos has now created. With total chaos in the streets, maybe she's trying to become the new Wasp or something? I remember hearing that Cassie would appear in Endgame and she would be a bit older, implying some time has passed since the end of Infinity War, so I could see this happening. Scott's already lost the rest of his team, don't take Cassie on him as well. I would find it really interesting if Cassie's step-father and mother were affected by the snap, which could spark off her attempt to become the next Ant-Man and/or Wasp.

I really hope Ross survived the aftermath. I could see a moment where he comes in person to the Avengers complex, still hell-bent on arresting those who haven't signed up to the accords yet, and will especially be livid with Bruce Banner. I could see a situation where Ross' daughter was killed in the snap, and Ross is blaming Bruce and the other Avengers for not stopping him, only for Bruce, Tony, and Cap to snap back by pointing out they would've stood a much better chance if Ross hadn't divided them in the first place, and he's now too busy going after superheroes instead of trying to deal with the snap's aftermath.

I kind of hope the movie begins from the perspective of Ant-Man. Like, start with the ending of Ant Man and the Wasp, and have Scott escape from the Quantum Realm at long last. He reappears on the rooftop, with all of the equipment still in-tact, although rusted, and worn down a bit, signifying time has passed. Believing that maybe Hank and co were found out by the cops, he leaves to head to the police station, to maybe find out what happened...

...and it leads to the opening of the movie, which is Scott now walking through the aftermath of the Snap awhile later, as shown in the trailer - with posters and such of what happened. I think this would be the perfect cold opening - having the character who had no idea what was happening being forced to see everything for himself head-on. 

I like your take with the movie starting with Ant man. But I propose we start with Hawkeye. We saw Ant Man's team turn to dust but I'd like the movie to start right where the clip of Clint and his daughter (or Kate Bishop - maybe being his niece) working on her Archery skills was in the trailer and seeing his family turning to dust right in front of his eyes.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... a new set of Endgame posters came out, and whoever died is blacked out, while the ones alive are in color. Some new survivors and dusters got confirmed thanks to this.  

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/03/26/avengers-endgame-character-posters-marvel/

Spoiler

Happy Hogan, Valkyrie and Wong are confirmed to have survived the Snap. Shuri confirmed dead.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

Hmmm... a new set of Endgame posters came out, and whoever died is blacked out, while the ones alive are in color. Some new survivors and dusters got confirmed thanks to this.  

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/03/26/avengers-endgame-character-posters-marvel/

Hide contents

Happy Hogan, Valkyrie and Wong are confirmed to have survived the Snap. Shuri confirmed dead.

Spoiler

Happy to see Valkyrie, sad to see Shuri gone. Frankly, if it came down to Shuri or Okoye, I would’ve vastly preferred Shuri, would’ve loved to see her use the Panther suit and be forced to use gadgets to compensate for the lack of the Panther herb.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am so happy that I got to live in the time that Endgame was released. This is a once in a lifetime experience that we will never get again. Even if we have another big movie concluding 11 years of engaging storylines and characters as brilliantly as this one it would not be the first one to do it. It would still be great, it just won't have the never done before factor.

Love the MCU? Then you will love Endgame, it's that simple. This is the emotional blockbuster action epic that all other blockbuster action movies can only dream they could be.

I gotta give it once again to my favorite superhero movie writers Christopher Markus and Stephen Mcfeely for managing to achieve near perfect balance of so many characters and plot resolutions for the second time in a row now. The Russos are amazing of course, but this writing duo was already in the MCU before them, writing the sadly still kinda underappreciated "Captain America First Avenger". They're the true unsung heroes of the MCU.

There's....there's so much to discuss with this film.

I have to say though,  with these recent developments, I'm now looking forward to 

Spoiler

Guardians of the Galaxy 3

even more than before. 

And now I've got a new 

Spoiler

Captain America 

film to look forward to!

Way to do comic and movie fans alike proud Marvel!

Saw Avengers today. Spectacular film - although it may lack much of the fun factor of Infinity War due to the stakes being so high right from the jump. Never considered how that was going to effect the movie until I was watching it play out in front of me, but it does have a noticeable impact. All the little cute Marvel jabs and winks that you come to expect have to co-exist with the reality of what happened in the previous film. Its a delicate balance.

Other than that it is a 100% payoff in the decade long investment in the MCU. That ending is the stuff of legends.

Also, I give Marvel a ton of credit for their Avenegers money shots. They know how to market their heros with a single shot. The $$$ shot in Endgame couldn't be put in trailers (would have spoiled what was probably the movies best moment) but by god if that wasn't the best one yet. I want that on a poster.

33 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

although it may lack much of the fun factor of Infinity War due to the stakes being so high right from the jump

I thought it was much more fun than Infinity War. IW certainly was more somber and things snuck up on the characters, but they actually have a plan this time around.

Time traveling through all the iconic films, and that final fight scene was just so awesome, and those two alone put it above IW.

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I thought it was much more fun than Infinity War.

Spoiler

I dunno. Right from the jump Endgame assaults you in the feels because half the world is gone. Every single joke in the film is framed by the reality that they lost in the previous movie. When you first meet Thor for example, that was a nice, comical moment, but it immediately gets gut checked by depression and desperation. The entire movie is like that.

Unlike IW, which built its hype up gradually, allowing you to live in the moment and enjoy what was going on. Endgame has to start at the max stakes and stay there, which makes you view it from a different angle a little bit. Its still very enjoyable, but IW didn't have the extra baggage attached, which made you feel less guilty about sneaking a laugh in here or there.

Controversial opinion: I didn't liked Avengers Endgame. Ok, it was still fun, but overall I found it disappointing.

Somehow sad moments were tiresome (start), while some comedy ruined the drama (Thor, why???), solution is ass pull, and whole plot is fanservice to last decade rather than solid structured story. Action is obviously good, but worse than last Avengers (and I need to laugh to Carol Danvers and how little she does).

QUESTION to all females reading. Remember that during climax when we have all Marvel woman standing in one line? I really want to know if it was cool for you. Personally I find it really unsubtle and cheap way to highlight the 'strong female cast' rather than let their existence speak for itself. But being a Y-chromosome male I might lack the perspective, so I'm rrrrrreally curious what you think.

• Thumbs Up 1