Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

Well, the story is based off of the Extremis arc, which is often considered the best Iron Man story arc. It was Iron Man's redefining moment and is pretty much the reason why he is considered so highly of today. Out of all the story arcs they could have chosen to kickstart Phase 2, this was perhaps the best one.

Looking at the trailer and I'm getting a few things.

l3iap.png

Tony is operating the Extremis.

For those who don't know what it is (its role in the comics, but also most likely movie spoiler alert):

It's basically a bio-organic virus created by Aldrich Killian (played by Guy Pearce in this movie) and Maya Hansen (played by Rebecca Hall in this movie) that turns people into machine-manipulating superhumans. The virus is what pretty much turns Tony Stark into a "computer" and with it he manages to store parts of his armor in his bones. It also grants something akin to a Weapon X-styled healing factor.

It's supposed to be another attempt at a modern-day replacement to Cap's Super Soldier serum but the problem is it has a 99% mortality rate. Tony Stark is one of the few people to survive with the virus in him and use it's benefits.

Other things;

• Rhodey is the operator of the Iron Patriot armor. So it's basically a new coat of paint on War Machine.
  • Mandarin has the ten rings. Those rogue Iron Man armors aren't manned but they're being manipulated by him. Looks like not even the Iron Man movies are escaping otherworldly forces now.
  • Tony is referencing The Avengers when talking about New York/Nightmares. Witnessing the alien civilization with superior technology seems to have gotten to him and his ego. Probably should have had more Shawarma.
  • People seem to have noticed Mandarin has what seems like a tattoo of Cap's Shield on his neck. No one seems to know what it implies though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Iron Man 3 looks awesome. Loved the first 2 films. Shocked that the UK and Australia get it a week before the US.

Shocked that the UK and Australia get it a week before the US.

That's because Marvel movies have been making more money in foreign countries. My country was one of the first to get the Avengers in April 25th.

• People seem to have noticed Mandarin has what seems like a tattoo of Cap's Shield on his neck. No one seems to know what it implies though.

I'm already itching to know what this is about. D:

I hope this film is as good as it looks because that's a pretty awesome teaser. It's kind of odd that a villain called the 'Mandarin' isn't Chinese, but I can see their reasoning.

Edited by Pawn

I'm actually curious whether or not Iron Man's Hulkbuster armor will make an appearance considering there was concept art of it in Marvel's Avengers Initiative app.

318027.jpeg

Would be awesome.

His Thor Buster armor would make more sense after going toe to toe with Thor and getting his ass handed to him, he might be a little more cautious about Gods.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, that trailer was awesome. I really am liking the tone.. It was more dark than i was expecting. It has a big feel to it and there was no humor. I am really curious now.

Ming-Na Wen joins the cast of the S.H.I.E.L.D live action tv show.

Sounds like she playing this charcter.

Agent Althea Rice – Also known as “The Calvary,” this hard-core soldier has crazy skills when it comes to weapons and being a pilot. But her experiences have left her very quiet and a little damaged.

Sounds like an okay character, I guess.

Edited by Universal Username

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A new poster for Iron Man 3 will be put on Facebook tomorrow, here's a teaser.

A teaser for a poster, eh?

When I first saw it, I just thought I had to wait for it to load up, till I read the post with it.

And here is the poster, it's a nice looking poster, I guess.

Edited by Comic Book Villain

• 2 weeks later...

New Iron Man 3 poster from Yahoo Movies.

263455_348296135279114_1297098366_n.jpg

Now this is just awesome with Tony's exploding house in the background, Tony being all wet and some of his armor is broken and all those Iron Man armors flying away.

Easily my favorite poster yet.

Edited by DOCTOR DOOM
  • Thumbs Up 1

So uh... Apparently someone from /co/ in 4chan managed to see the movie and spoiled the FUCK out of the movie's main plot points. Here's the thread. Get warned though, could be REAL spoilers. So you've been warned.

If these spoilers are true, then this movie could be even better than The Avengers.

Credits to that sexy mofo of Jackstraw for giving me the link.

New Iron Man 3 trailer.

Holy smokes! All those flying armors and the Hulkbuster armor at the end, that's pretty sweet!

And that speech from The Mandarin was pretty neat, too.

Edited by Bravoman
  • Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

Similar much:

original.jpg

love it when they do stuff like this! Extremely subtle references to the original comics books, what just looks like a regular movie poster is actually a treat for serious fans of the comics too, which is just awesome.