Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLuPihHkPt0

Edgar Wright's test footage of Ant-Man has been leaked out, watch it before disney lawyers come after it, looks really awesome, coming from someone who was not much of a Ant-Man fan but still respected the character anyways.

Damn, they took it down as quickly as they could. That's a shame, I'm actually a fan of Ant-Man, maybe it'll pop up again somewhere else later.

Silver centurion armor has been revealed, I am so EXCITED its one of my Favs

Iron-Man-3-Mark-33-Silver-Centurion.jpg

I KNEW I saw it in the trailer!

oh yeah, it and the other armor that was revealed
Iron-Man-3-Shotgun-Silver-Centurion-Armo

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

Phase 2 concept art, one from Captain America: The Winter Soldier and three from Guardians Of The Galaxy.

I like what I see, the Guradians Of The Galaxy art has a nice Star Wars like feel and looks like what I expect a Guardians Of The Galaxy movie to look like.

The Captain America art gives us a look at what the movie version of the Winter Soldier might look like, I also like how Steve is not in his costume but in his civilian clothes, nice touch.

Edited by Reed Richards
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Call me a stereotypical furry, but I'll be going to see Guardians of the Galaxy solely because of Rocket Raccoon's presence.

I watched his gameplay in Marvel vs. Capcom and he's just bloody amusing as a character, too. Can he perhaps one-up Iron Man as the funniest superhero I've seen? I guess I'll find out.

official teaser

Can't wait for it, looks good, and  Loki's hair looks cuhrazy. 
  • Thumbs Up 7

Iron Man 3 came out today in Europe. It was great, didn't hold a candle to the first one though.

The problem I have with the movie is sitting down and writing about it, I come to realize that the trailers sort of skewered my expectations and that a lot of the movie doesn't come out the way you expect it to. It's clear that every trailer went with each of this movie's "set pieces" and painted it out as a movie where Tony has to get his shit together to face the biggest threat ever, but the movie doesn't dwell much on those points as build-up is almost purely centered around a sort of wild goose chase for The Mandarin, and you know what? I kind of dig that. The previous two Iron Man movies didn't have much of a progression to them as they were both based around Tony either building up Iron Man or him being Tony and getting away with shit while a bigger villain is building up in the background. Iron Man 3 kicks off almost after the first twenty minutes as we know the characters and what they do, and instead they're going to have to try to find out what this new menacing bad guy is all about and take him down. It reminds me a lot of Die Hard 3 in that regard. The antagonist is all about playing mind games with the protagonist for whatever unknown cause and is taking it out on the nation. Only in this scenario, the hero has a lot of personal baggage involved.

Some continuity problems I have issues with; the events of The Avengers are purely there for references sake. Nothing that happened in them becomes critical to the plot as Iron Man 3 is very much it's own self-contained story, and Stark's entire personal phases don't necessarily go anywhere. It felt like a character trait that was given to him so he could spend a movie and not be a show off, even though Iron Man 3 does have his absolute best moments.

Another deal that I feel changed a lot of my expectations was how little the movie went after it's source material. For one, the movie is based off of the Extremis arc, and most people would know that Extremis is the virus Tony inhibits that allows him to connect with the machine on a mental level. In the trailers you'd assume this was what gave him the ability to call his machinery parts to his body, but that's not the case in this movie as it's just something he designed. Extremis is something completely different here, though I'd be spoiling things if I told. Needless to say it builds up to a plot point that I didn't expect, with a twist that I'm not sure how to react to. I think it betraying my expectations in this regard might be a key reason as to why I'm not fully sure how I should have reacted to it.

Shane Black is directing this one, and it's incredibly clear that Iron Man 3 has a completely different director attached to it. The pacing is substantially different and the movie does not give the audience much time to breathe in between certain scenes. Also, the trailers are crazy misleading in terms of how much drama it emits, because even though this movie contains some of the most serious moments in Iron Man movie history, roughly half of all of them are in one way or another trivialized by humor. I think I recall the entire theaters laughing more than they did in the Avengers, and while I was entertained I'm not so sure whether that was a good thing.

The action set pieces are better than ever though. I loved every moment of them, and it has the best finale of any of the Iron Man movies. As said earlier too, it's very entertaining. We learned from the earlier movies what made the characters *click*, and this movie takes those characters and finally does something out of them. It's got an awesome script and some stellar cinematography. It's very well made. Also, the movie plays a LOT with the "Chekhov's Gun" concept. I love that, as a lot of scenes get bigger meaning later down the line.

Overall I really enjoyed it. Not as good as the first one, not as good as Avengers either and I think it struggles to reach Captain America levels as well. But it's still a damn good movie on it's own. I'm rather left wondering though, much of this movie isn't building up to anything that can be seen as a big deal for Phase 2. The ending is very open-ended, but nothing that screams "sequel hook". Maybe it's because there's no solid plan yet, but overall maybe it's possible that they're just wanting to give Tony Stark a bit of a break so he doesn't lead the parade.

• Thumbs Up 7

Iron Man 3 came out today in Europe. It was great, didn't hold a candle to the first one though.

The problem I have with the movie is sitting down and writing about it, I come to realize that the trailers sort of skewered my expectations and that a lot of the movie doesn't come out the way you expect it to. It's clear that every trailer went with each of this movie's "set pieces" and painted it out as a movie where Tony has to get his shit together to face the biggest threat ever, but the movie doesn't dwell much on those points as build-up is almost purely centered around a sort of wild goose chase for The Mandarin, and you know what? I kind of dig that. The previous two Iron Man movies didn't have much of a progression to them as they were both based around Tony either building up Iron Man or him being Tony and getting away with shit while a bigger villain is building up in the background. Iron Man 3 kicks off almost after the first twenty minutes as we know the characters and what they do, and instead they're going to have to try to find out what this new menacing bad guy is all about and take him down. It reminds me a lot of Die Hard 3 in that regard. The antagonist is all about playing mind games with the protagonist for whatever unknown cause and is taking it out on the nation. Only in this scenario, the hero has a lot of personal baggage involved.

Some continuity problems I have issues with; the events of The Avengers are purely there for references sake. Nothing that happened in them becomes critical to the plot as Iron Man 3 is very much it's own self-contained story, and Stark's entire personal phases don't necessarily go anywhere. It felt like a character trait that was given to him so he could spend a movie and not be a show off, even though Iron Man 3 does have his absolute best moments.

Another deal that I feel changed a lot of my expectations was how little the movie went after it's source material. For one, the movie is based off of the Extremis arc, and most people would know that Extremis is the virus Tony inhibits that allows him to connect with the machine on a mental level. In the trailers you'd assume this was what gave him the ability to call his machinery parts to his body, but that's not the case in this movie as it's just something he designed. Extremis is something completely different here, though I'd be spoiling things if I told. Needless to say it builds up to a plot point that I didn't expect, with a twist that I'm not sure how to react to. I think it betraying my expectations in this regard might be a key reason as to why I'm not fully sure how I should have reacted to it.

Shane Black is directing this one, and it's incredibly clear that Iron Man 3 has a completely different director attached to it. The pacing is substantially different and the movie does not give the audience much time to breathe in between certain scenes. Also, the trailers are crazy misleading in terms of how much drama it emits, because even though this movie contains some of the most serious moments in Iron Man movie history, roughly half of all of them are in one way or another trivialized by humor. I think I recall the entire theaters laughing more than they did in the Avengers, and while I was entertained I'm not so sure whether that was a good thing.

The action set pieces are better than ever though. I loved every moment of them, and it has the best finale of any of the Iron Man movies. As said earlier too, it's very entertaining. We learned from the earlier movies what made the characters *click*, and this movie takes those characters and finally does something out of them. It's got an awesome script and some stellar cinematography. It's very well made. Also, the movie plays a LOT with the "Chekhov's Gun" concept. I love that, as a lot of scenes get bigger meaning later down the line.

Overall I really enjoyed it. Not as good as the first one, not as good as Avengers either and I think it struggles to reach Captain America levels as well. But it's still a damn good movie on it's own. I'm rather left wondering though, much of this movie isn't building up to anything that can be seen as a big deal for Phase 2. The ending is very open-ended, but nothing that screams "sequel hook". Maybe it's because there's no solid plan yet, but overall maybe it's possible that they're just wanting to give Tony Stark a bit of a break so he doesn't lead the parade.

Was there an after credits cutscene as usual?

Was there an after credits cutscene as usual?

Yes. It wasn't a sequel hook, but I think most people who have followed the Cinematic Universe will enjoy it. That said it would have been better had it been put mid-credits instead of at the end of them.

If people don't care for waiting to find out;

It shows Tony finishing up his narration of the entire movie and that the person he was recapping the events of the movie for was Bruce Banner, who was dozing off, complaining that he wasn't a "psychological" doctor. When Tony asked when he stopped listening he said it was right after the movie's opening flashback. Tony then starts recapping all over again.

I still can't stand the way the character of The Mandarine is portraited, especially for the fact that i grew up reading some stories with him and watching the Iron Man animated series. My guess is that they didn't wanted to sound racist, but still, The Mandarine of this movie is a pain to watch for me (no offense for Ben Kingsley, i respect him as an actor).

Just watched Iron Man 3.

Honestly, I loved it! The Mandarin was great. People may dislike how different he is to the comics but I didn't care. He was from Croydon!

I live in Croydon! :D Still, I don't want to write a huge amount but I loved the final scene so much. Also, Tony Stark Will Return!

Just got back from it. Fantastic movie as expectedcool.png . The story was engaging, the writing is top notch, the emotional stakes were high, the action scenes were phenomenally intense and the performances were great. The best of the trilogy IMO.

Edited by pppp

• 2 weeks later...

Iron Man 3 is a proper return to form for the Iron Man movies: it was fucking awesome! Not sure if I like it better then 1 or not, but it's definitely on par. Didn't completely blow my mind like the Avengers did, but it was still a fucking awesome movie regardless. WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE, GO SEE IT!

Now for some extra, spoiler-rific ,thoughts, read at own risk :)

-Wow. What a climax! Best climax of the Iron Man movies by far, never thought I'd see so many armours in one scene! Was kinda hoping Iron Patriot would get in on a little bit of the action after flying away the president, but oh well, just a tiny nitpick. Also, the Pepper Pots Extremis thing at the end?.......I liked it honestly, it was unexpected for Pepper to finish off the villain and I thought it was a cool way to make her useful, even if it was only for a few seconds.

-Liked how they really showed Tony Stark to be resourceful and combat-capable without the armour in this movie, with his little DIY arsenal that he used to invade the place where the broadcast signal was traced. I suppose growing accustomed to combat with the armour makes your regular combat skills improve as well.

-After credits scene was great, why the hell would Tony Stark choose Bruce Banner as his shrink? Lol.

-Tony Stark also had some of his best one-liners in this movie "Yeah, well sometimes, dads leave. No need to be a pussy about it."

-There was some other great comedic moments as well, such as the first time Tony was testing the flying suit-parts thing, and the Mark 42 flying into the battle during the climax and just smashing into a pole and breaking apart. 

Overall, awesome movie, on par with the first Iron Man (and debatably better: I'll get back to you on that) go see it. NOW

• Thumbs Up 1

I love the back to basics approach they took with Tony Stark in Iron Man 3. No Avengers, no armored suit to make him invincible when the bad guys can cut right through him. He has to fight every step of the way using his wit and ingenuity.

I thought the PTSD storyline was handled very well. Much better storytelling than that silly breakdown in the inferior Iron Man 2.

Just think about how in Avengers Tony is staring directly at the nuclear explosion before it hits him full force, passing in and out of conciousness as he's hurled into the endless void of space before suddenly plummeting down into earth's gravity well. 

Now imagine those visceral sensations mixed with the fear that your powerless to stop beings of infinite power from destroying the entire planet and those you love. That would get to anybody, even someone as cool as Tony.