Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

Went to see Iron Man 3 in 3D last night.

Totally awesome! biggrin.png I felt some of the scenes were a little jumpy

Like, the kid appearing and Tony suddenly making friends with him!

but the story was terrific! I saw the Mandarin's story from a mile off, and now I have to go back and look at his interview with Stephen Colbert to see if he left any hints. My guess is probably! XD

The dialogue was corny yet brilliant, even when it wasn't Tony doing the talking.

Rhode's comment to the President stuck in Iron Patriot for example. I took it as a jab at how the military must speak to the President, but then again I'm a stinking Limey! I

would find jabbing at the way Americans speak amusing. :P

Oh wow, and that ending!

Geezus, Pepper!

biggrin.png I was a little disappointed to see no Rescue in this, considering I'd seen a few articles on The Mary Sue suggesting Pepper would suit up, proper like.. :B but wow. What a way to end that sucker!

The end of credits bonus was hilarious as well. I do like these little extras they put in to tie the Universe together.

Saw it TWICE on friday, I  really really definitely dug it, i really would consider my favorite in the entire trilogy,  It's the most personal and standalone flick of the MCU i would say, and that's why it works. It's absolutely blast to watch, fast-paced and not a dull moment in the movie, it's the most hilarious out of any of the films, it's just feel-good fun. Some of the best action setpieces in a solo comic film too, like the entire Iron Army climax at the end is glorious to watch, also loved some of the scenes that had no armor in them, that were just focusing on Tony being, well being Tony. If anything, it goes back to a line that Cap'n Murikka said in the Avengers, "Big man in a suit of armor. Take that away -- what are you?" I liked that the movie explored this concept, and showed us, what makes Iron Man, the Iron, or the MAN.

But yeah, it's really really good, like others have said, don't want to say too much, go see it now dorks. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Why is this great movie getting bad reviews in some circles? I really don't get it. It's better paced and brilliantly funny than any other Marvel movie you could name.

I had many more issues with Avengers and the handling of the Cosmic Cube and the easily defeated alien invasion than I did here. Maybe the movie is just too smart for some people? 

Edited by Get Over Here

Copy and pasted from my FB:

IRON MAN 3. Easily the best of the Iron Man movies. Not Avengers good, but then again, WHAT IS? But still an awesome movie with plenty of action and funny moments (I loved what the did with The Mandarin). And the part after the credits was a nice touch. Just a really good movie all around.

8.5/10

• Thumbs Up 1

Copy and pasted from my FB:

IRON MAN 3. Easily the best of the Iron Man movies. Not Avengers good, but then again, WHAT IS? But still an awesome movie with plenty of action and funny moments (I loved what the did with The Mandarin). And the part after the credits was a nice touch. Just a really good movie all around.

8.5/10

Basically this except that I'm not sure if 3 is better then 1 yet. 

I would at the very least say 3 was more fun than 1 (which I'd give an 8/10).  2 was ok, but easily the weakest of the trilogy (7/10).

Edited by Snatcher2047

The first film's biggest weakness is the third act of the story. When Tony is fighting for his life in the caves of Afganistan and building his suit to fight terrorists, the movie is amazing.

When Stane becomes the villian and gets suited up the movie gets very mediocre until the surprising ending that gets rid of the notion of the secret identity.

Edited by Get Over Here

I saw it yesterday, and while I liked it, I can't help but say that I agree with some of the criticisms of the movie.

Why is this great movie getting bad reviews in some circles? I really don't get it. It's better paced and brilliantly funny than any other Marvel movie you could name.

I had many more issues with Avengers and the handling of the Cosmic Cube and the easily defeated alien invasion than I did here. Maybe the movie is just too smart for some people? 

No, this movie while good has a lot of things that can be criticized. For example:

1. The PTSD Tony develops after the events of New York. It was a good premise, but I don't know how you can say that it was handled better than the crisis he had in the Iron Man 2.

If anything it got solved pretty quickly, didn't really affect the conflict of plot and looked more like comic relief (especially when he meets the kid) than anything.

It would been better if his PTSD would have affected him in a fight or something.

2. Even though I liked that Tony had to rely on himself rather than his suit, all I kept asking throughout the film was...why he didn't call his other suits when he had the chance?

Now everyone responds to this by saying that Jarvis was offline and that his house was buried by the rubble from the destruction. But Jarvis comes online before he storms the Mandarin's hideout and are you honestly telling me not one of the armors could have made it out of the house, especially when he had the hulkbuster armor?

3. The intentions of the bad guys. Honestly, what were the intentions of Killian and his soldiers. He went from this guy offering a place to Tony in his company to wanting to kill the president. Why?

And the disabled veterans that volunteered for his program out of nowhere decided to join his side, why?

I honestly felt they were the weakest villains from all the MCU.

4. The whole Pepper getting powers issue. She was injected with the formula in order to force Tony to help....Tony didn't do shit and Pepper's body accepted the dose and got powers.

So then what was Killian's plan? I mean at one point or another Pepper was going to break free. To me that part was just stupid.

5. Why didn't Iron Patriot comeback after leaving the President somewhere safe?

Alot of the criticism is coming from fucking fat butthurt nerds who don't realize that the movies and comics are different from each other. Like it's okay if you had some issues with the "twist" and it's okay to express your dislike for it, but if you're deducting points from the movie itself and ignoring story, acting, script, or anything else that far more important to criticize in a movie, (like Jamie above me gave reasonable and normal criticisms of the movie above) and simply hating on the movie because "IT DIDNT FOLLOW DA COMICS" you're a dumbass go get laid or something. Doesn't matter though cause comic nerds make up like probably  3 percent of the audience so it's all moot because the majority of the public has been loving it. 

I'm a geek and i thought the twist was hilarious, and very cleverly done.

Edited by Black Mamba
  • Thumbs Up 1

Alot of the criticism is coming from fucking fat butthurt nerds who don't realize that the movies and comics are different from each other. Like it's okay if you had some issues with the "twist" and it's okay to express your dislike for it, but if you're deducting points from the movie itself and ignoring story, acting, script, or anything else that far more important to criticize in a movie, (like Jamie above me gave reasonable and normal criticisms of the movie above) and simply hating on the movie because "IT DIDNT FOLLOW DA COMICS" you're a dumbass go get laid or something. Doesn't matter though cause comic nerds make up like probably  3 percent of the audience so it's all moot because the majority of the public has been loving it. 

I'm a geek and i thought the twist was hilarious, and very cleverly done.

I haven't seen the movie yet, nor have I enough knowledge of the Iron Man series to get angry over this plot twist, but how in the hell is having sex with some girl or guy going to change their opinion? What does this have to do with getting angry over a plot twist?

Sorry, but I whenever I see this term used, I get really annoyed. it's very immature and overused nowadays.

Edited by Emperor Robrainiac
  • Thumbs Up 1

Jaime: On point 1, think about the silly party scene in Iron Man 2 where Don Cheadle somehow is able to steal one of Iron Man's suits and they have a drunken fight scene. Stupidest shit in ANY Iron Man movie ever. Waste of the War Machine character. This is the big breakdown scene and it rings hollow.

Point 2, the armor initiative was activated when he was closer to home and only after repairs had fully happened, because jarvis online but still malfunctioning is probably not able to remotely activate the armors in the bunker. Tony didn't even have enough power to use one suit, let alone dozens.

Point 3, Killian wants to control the war on terror, both sides of it. He needs Tony's genius in his think tank and a terror attack to grease the wheels so to speak. Evil guys do evil things, go with it.

Point 4, Pepper was his trump card to convince Tony to help even if it didn't end up working out. Villians screwing up ain't a plothole. 

Point 5, Iron Patriot didn't have time to go back and probably had other security issues to deal with.

Edited by Get Over Here

*answers

Well first, I think you should spoil your answers because some people still haven't seen the movie. But to answer your points:

1. That scene in Iron Man 2 wasn't silly because you totally missed the point of it. It isn't so much that Rhode's stole the armor, but Tony wanted to do it because he knew he was going to die and he was getting out of control. They even mentioned how the armors have protocols against theft and that Tony programmed (at least one) for Rhodes to use one.

The fight between Tony and Rhodes shows how out of control he was. I mean:

This movie, in my opinion, was doing a good job of showing Tony's PTSD at the beginning. But again, as the movie kept going it started feeling like comic relief and no longer issue.

The scene in the car where the kid tells him that he is a mechanic and Tony gets over it feels more like someone remembered he had PTSD and decided to solve the conflict in one scene.

They should've kept his PTSD problem till the very end at least.

For your second point:

I don't know how you can say the initiative was activated when he was closer to home...when he was all the way in Florida and his home is in California.

Also, even though Jarvis was malfunctioning, he still managed to send one armor to Tony, so why not the others? Or at least one that actually worked better.

Third point:

Go with it is such a weak point and it reflects the bad writing. Again, why did Killian and the war veterans decided to take up that cause?

Was it because of the formula? Was it disillusioned with the government? Why?

Fourth point:

I know she was his trump card, but again I feel this is bad writing that plagues the movie. The whole purpose of that scene is to feel the desperation of Tony of not being able to save Pepper.

But, they drop it too quickly and show Pepper accepting the formula, solving the conflict quickly once again. At that point Pepper is practically stronger than Iron Man, making the scenes where Tony wants to save her and her "death" worthless.

By that point you just know nothing is going to happen to her because she has those powers.

Fifth point:

He probably did have other "security measures" to take care of, but to me it was just a weak plot point of not having him there during the final scene.

They could have honestly just said he left the president somewhere safe and comeback to the fight.

Also I just thought of another thing I didn't like about the ending:

Tony taking the shrapnel out of his heart so easily. To me that just takes away from 1 & 2 since in those movies he went out of his way to keep the shrapnel out of his heart.

If it was so easy to take it out, enough for him to even give a thumbs up, why not just do that since the first movie.

They could at least made that scene more dramatic.

I don't think Iron Man 3 is a bad movie, but these points really make me think it could have been better.

I see where your coming from on some of your points but they seem mostly like nitpicks to me that can be easily explained in the context of the film without taking you out of the movie. And on the ending: medical technology progresses and Tony is probably responsible for funding those innovations.

It was pretty out of the blue I agree but was meant to provide closure to the trilogy.

Edited by Get Over Here
  • Thumbs Up 1

Are they nitpicks? I don't know, at least to me they aren't and they did take me out of the movie. I'm not saying the previous movies didn't have their bad moments either, because they did. But with this one they were more noticeable to me. To each his own then.

After seeing IRON MAN 3 last night, I decided to finally get around to watching THOR, especially with it's sequel upcoming. And I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by it. Much like The Hulk in THE AVENGERS, they made a character I never really cared for before very likeable. At the very least, a lot of stuff from THE AVENGERS makes more sense now.

Definitely want to see the sequel, THOR : THE DARK WORLD, now.

8/10

Despite some weaknesses it was a good movie. Do have to say I loved finally seeing the Silver Centurion armor in action even for such a short time(also why didnt it just ASORB the bad guys heat?)

Also I imagine the Hall of armors bunker would have had heavy sheilding, the crashed building wouldnt have helped

While the movie has it's slew of problems, the key reason most people are so down to it is because of the Mandarin, which is probably the most divisive and controversial depiction of any established franchise villain from any comic book movie so far. Some people absolutely love it while others, mostly faithful fans, hate it. Mandarin was probably the most iconic Iron Man villain (which honestly says a lot about the quality of Iron Man's cast of villains) and for a franchise in a movie universe that's tried to keep things completely faithful, for it to go the direction it did in this movie was bound to divide opinions.

There is no truly right or wrong opinion on whether his role was a weakness or a positive, but if you ask me, I think MovieBob put it the best in his review. While a lot of people might come to hate it and some even expected him to hate it, the villain works in the context of the movie.

On the shards being removed; yes that did bug me too. In fact the whole ending being a montage was kind of annoying, but whatevs. Action movie. I suspect what they want the audience to believe is that the magnet which helped the surgeon pull the shards out is probably a Stark-made gadget. He does say that after Pepper is medically "tinkered" with, he decides to go for it too. I do agree it's kinda lame that the whole point of his heart being protected by the electromagnet is no longer there but eh... it sounds like the next time we see Iron Man it will be in the context of The Avengers and that the standalone trilogy is more or less complete. So the shards can go for the sake of closure.

Edited by MamboCat

I had to ask a coworker of mine today who is a die-hard Marvel comic fan if he saw IM3 yet, which he said he didn't.  But when I brought it up, he immediately asked the question, "How's The Mandarin in the movie?"  I had to bite my tongue and find a way to explain that if I told him about it, it would ruin the movie for him.  He didn't quite understand, but I told him to trust me.

I have a feeling him being the kind of fan he is that he going to COMPLETELY hate what they do with The Mandarin in the movie.  But I hope not.

I'm a pretty big Marvel fan and I wasn't angered,enraged or <insert hate word here> by how Mandarin works in the movie. It makes perfect sense there. Would I prefer a Mandarin that's closer to the comic book counterpart? Maybe, but then the movie would have to be completely different. IM3 is an awesome movie that ended the trilogy brilliantly. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh boy, I'm probably gonna regret asking this, but how different did they handle The Mandarin in Iron Man 3 versus the comics?

Oh boy, I'm probably gonna regret asking this, but how different did they handle The Mandarin in Iron Man 3 versus the comics?

Very, almost dramatically differently. Without giving much away, I'll just say that. 

I saw it over the weekend and despite its flaws thought it was fantastic! Definitely better than Iron Man 2 although the first film was the best in my opinion. It had a great mix and action and humor along with a good climax and ending.

I personally enjoyed the twist with the Mandarin and thought it was quite brilliant. Keep in mind that I've never really read any of the comics, so I can't comment on the divisiveness on the portrayed of the Mandarin has caused.

Personally i was quite confused at first when i learned of the way they went with the Mandarin. I did however realize before that scene was over(people who have seen the movie know what i'm talking about) that the Mandarin from the comics wouldn't really work for what they wanted to do. The movie already stretches the boundaries of normal suspension of disbelief with the things it does, and i think comic book Mandarin would go overboard with the unrealistic stuff. Comic book Mandarin would have fit in the more comedic tone of The Avengers movie, but not in the darker tone of Iron Man 3.  Also like Carbo said, the Mandarin works fine for what they want to do with the movie.

So yeah, was it faithful to the comics? Not very, but the movie was fantastic as a movie if you judge it on its own merits.

At least they didn't pull a Bayformers and make Tony a guest star in a movie starring Justin Chatwinwink.png

Robert Downey Jr. And ‘Avengers’ Cast Ready To Rumble With Marvel Over Sequel Money And Strongarming

Robert Downey Jr is set for another huge payday from a mega-hit Marvel movie, this time Iron Man 3. I’ve learned he’s already made $35 million from the actioner which grossed $680 million worldwide in its first 12 days. He should exceed his biggest payday to date — that $50M from The Avengers which I’ve learned was more like $70M-$80M now that the film is all in. But it’s really Avengers 2 where he’ll clean up big-time — if he wants to reprise the role. He’s hinting to some media it may be time retire Tony Stark. And saying to other outlets that Marvel better show him more money for Avengers 2. ”I don’t know,” he said on The Daily Show. ”I had a long contract with them and now we’re gonna renegotiate.” (“You are Iron Man! You are!” cheered Jon Stewart.) I’ve learned that Marvel and therefore owner Disney are going to run into big trouble on that sequel because the upfront pay, backend compensation, break even points and box office bonuses aren’t pinned down yet for several big stars and castmates. This is major hurdle which Walt Disney Company Chaiman/CEO Bob Iger hasn’t even mentioned to Wall Street or shareholders although he’s already hyping Avengers 2 like crazy for more than a year now.

First and foremost Marvel does not have Downey in place yet. ”They need him, and they don’t have him. He’s got a lot of leverage,” one insider tells me. Much less so Scarlett Johannsen (paid to pop up in Marvel movie after movie), Chris Evans (whom some sources say made his deal for Avengers 2 when he signed for Captain America 2), Chris Hemsworth (a much bigger star now than before and unsigned for Avengers 2), Mark Ruffalo (whose Hulk role already was cast 3 times and could be the most vulnerable), Jeremy Renner (probably grateful for more exposure), Samuel L. Jackson (Scarlett’s doppelganger) among others who were paid pittances for their first movies, not much better for the sequels, and are counting on at least $5 million upfront and better back ends for Avengers 2. That means much better than what Marvel claimed was Avengers’ break-even point: a whopping $1.1 billion in global grosses. (“If Avengers wasn’t profitable until then, why would you make it?” one rep pointedly asked Marvel top execs Kevin Feige and Louis Esposito.) In a business where studio accounting is known as fatal subtraction and even worldwide blockbusters are still supposedly in the red, Marvel and its famously frugal CEO Ike Perlmutter still give new meaning to the term stingy. I’ve learned that one reason why The Avengers was nominated for only one Oscar – Best Visual Effects – in the 85th Academy Awards contest was because Marvel refused to pay for an awards season campaign for the picture. And even when Disney offered to foot the bill, Marvel still wouldn’t budge. (Yet the Academy Of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences assembled the cast onstage to create buzz.) Here’s how one exec describes any negotiation with Marvel: “I wouldn’t say it’s brutal. It’s uncompromising, not mean or draconian. The fact is this is the reality of the world we’re living in right now.”

But The Avengers cast are ready to rumble with Marvel for the Avengers sequel slated for a December 2015 release. “Some received only $200,000 for Avengers and Downey got paid $50M. On what planet is that OK?” an insider tells me. CAA represents an overwhelming majority of the Marvel stars and is trying hard to keep the negotiations out of the public limelight and media headlines. But that may not be possible with some reps blaming the studio for ’scorched earth’ tactics past and present. ”Marvel has created so much animosity by strongarming and bullying on sequels already. It’s counterproductive,” one source tells me. Says another, “I’m sick of Kevin Feige telling me again and again how Marvel is ‘reinventing the movie business’. It doesn’t work like this. They’re reinventing business, period.” I’ve learned Marvel already has threatened to sue or recast when contracts and/or options are challenged. That prompted a few cast members to respond, “Go ahead.” I hear Hemsworth especially wasn’t anxious to go back into that arduous diet and training regimen and subsist primarily on egg whites for Thor: Dark World which hits theaters November 8th. I also understand that Scarlett Johanssen told castmates she’s “not going to cut her quote” for Marvel’s Avengers 2. The actress as butt-kicking operative Black Widow in The Avengers and Iron Man 2 is wrapping Captain America: The Winter Soldier and has a whopping 8 options total.

Already a lot of brinkmanship played out for Captain America 2 and Thor 2. Calling it the “weirdest experience”, one rep still can’;t believe Marvel offered “only a $500,000 raise and then would pay another $500,000 when the movie hits $500M. Are they out of their minds?” When it was pointed out to Marvel that Hemsworth already had received $5M for his starring role in Snow White And The Huntsman, the studio shot back, ”I don’t know why you’re complaining when Marvel only has hit movies.” To which the response was, “He’s happier working at a place like Universal.” After hard-fought bargaining, Chris Evans for Captain America 2 and Chris Hemsworth for Thor 2 wound up with deals still weighted on the back end but at least with attainable break-even numbers and small upfront guarantees and box office bonuses.

The issue going forward is how many of the Avengers stars and starlets are still bound by early agreements and longterm options which Marvel can continue to exploit individually. To counter, I’ve learned the Avengers cast are becoming united behind Robert Downey Jr who is seen as the “leader” – like “a big brother” in the words of one rep - for all the younger actors in the ensemble. “He’s the only guy with real power in this situation. and balls of steel, too. He’s already sent a message that he’s not going to work for a place where they treat his colleagues like shit,” one source explains. Another rep tells me, “I have four words for Marvel – ‘F--- you, call Robert.’” As Downey himself has said publicly about his $50M-plus payday, ”I’m what’s known as a strategic cost,” adding that Marvel is “so pissed” he earned that much. At this point also, no one is talking Iron Man 4 yet but it’s hard not to anticipate. Don Cheadle predicted there’s “potential” for a 4th installment. “No one has been specific about what that might look like or what the story could even be,” he said. “First we have to see how this one plays and if people have an appetite for it, and then we’ll figure out if there’s a way to convince Robert to come back and do another one.”

Some reps tried to go straight to Iger in hopes of discussing renegotiations since Disney purchased the multimedia empire in 2009 for $4.3B - but were rebuffed. “Wait, that’s Marvel. You need to talk to them. I can’t have this conversation,” Iger replied, thus totally distancing himself. Other reps hoped Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn would be helpful. But Horn made clear that Marvel greenlights their own movies and only “coordinates” with him. Besides, he tells reps, “Marvel is doing such a great job running itself.” (In fact Horn himself only recently met Marvel CEO Ike Perlmutter and told a pal about their get-together. “It could not have gone better. We had a meal. I was very impressed with his directness. We’re the same age: how could we not have a good time together?”)

The sad truth is that both Iger and Horn are scared stiff of Perlmutter and want to steer clear of the inevitable nightmare negotiations. Reps predict Ike is “going to create a lot of drama and going to want to prove a point and not look like he’s going to get run over”. Says one out of frustration: “I’m so bent out of shape by this asshole. He now works for a public company so I don’t understand how he can keep hiding behind the curtain.” Easy, because the Israeli-born and reclusive Perlmutter, worth $2.4B, is Disney’s third largest individual shareholder. (He had been the second biggest shareholder but that changed when Disney added Star Wars to its empire and handed George Lucas a ginormous compensation package. Disney’s top shareholder remains the Steve Jobs Trust.) Disney never dared hope that The Avengers would reap $1.5 billion in worldwide box office revenue, the third highest global gross ever. Yet no castmember has ever heard from Ike. True, Kevin Feige phoned the cast that weekend opening, but it was a first. And Iger did pick up the phone to congratulate filmmaker Joss Whedon who recalled to Deadline recently: “He couldn’t have been sweeter. He said ‘This wasn’t about the other movies — you did this’.”

Acknowledging “I’m doing okay” compensation wise, Whedon reportedly has a “really rich deal” worth and astronomical $100M for several pics, consulting work, a put pilot at ABC, and many other elements,” one source tells me. But even Whedon admits that “Marvel can be very cheap” and believes the reason the cast aren’t ”getting giant quotes” is because of ”the element of the opportunity here for something that is both popular and very human, and usually you have to choose as an actor”. But he does see the potential contract hardball as “an issue”.

Here are the pertinent parts of that interview:

DEADLINE: Marvel is notoriously cheap and some of the Avengers cast will want more money for the sequel. How could that affect Avengers 2?

WHEDON: I’m not going to comment specifically because I’m not privy to that sort of stuff and I don’t think it’s my place to talk about. In general terms, yes – Marvel can be very cheap, God knows. They can also be sensible and frugal. They have a very small infrastructure and they’re not heaping this money on themselves. I don’t know a producer who’s done more and is paid less than Kevin Feige. I think that it’s an issue but it’s part of a bigger issue, which is there was a time when there was a crisis in the acting community where stars were getting $20 million and character actors were disappearing as a concept. There were no middle class actors. It was suddenly bit players and Jim Carrey, and that was it. Now the studios have gotten to a point where they’re like, “Do we need that star?” With what they’re able to to digitally and the way they create franchises there’s a little bit of a feeling of, maybe we can eliminate the actor – not totally and not totally cynically, but I’ve literally heard people at the agency say, not about Marvel, “This studio is eliminating the middle movie. They’re not making dramas or prestige pics or anything that isn’t either a franchise or a Paranormal-style found footage”. I think that changes the landscape for actors because really good actors are interested in doing a franchise because they need something.

DEADLINE: So are you worried about losing talent over these kinds of disputes?

WHEDON: I feel good about Avengers because I feel everyone who took it got something to sink their teeth into. They weren’t hung out to dry. It’s not a soulless piece of work. It may be inept in some places but I meant every word. Marvel distinguished themselves by going after good actors, writers, and directors who were unexpected choices. One side to that is they don’t have to pay them as much. Me, [Jon] Favreau, [Kenneth] Branagh, James Gunn – we don’t have giant action quotes, but we’re all filmmakers who want to do something with a giant action movie instead of just accomplish it. And the actors, from Downey straight on through, they only went after the people who could get it done. So how come they’re not getting giant quotes on this movie? There’s the element of the opportunity here for something that is both popular and very human, and usually you have to choose as an actor.

DEADLINE: A movie makes a billion dollars and an actor is looking at their contract for the next sequel…

WHEDON: And they’re probably going to mention that.

DEADLINE: You don’t think this could conceivably create any problems for Avengers 2?

WHEDON: I don’t, because that would make me sad and I tend to be a bit Pollyanna. I tend to think these roles can alter the course of a career. Not that Mark Ruffalo needs this or is in pursuit of this. That man will always work. But it doesn’t suck. We had an amazing time making the movie and that kind of recognition doesn’t hurt, if it’s not with Marvel or the next guy. It’s useful.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/robert-downey-jr-and-%E2%80%98avengers%E2%80%99-cast-ready-to-rumble-with-marvel-over-sequel-money-and-strongarming-215344618.html